PDA

View Full Version : Rider came off, Great Eastern Highway and Farmer Freeway

Gankaz
02-04-2004, 01:44 PM
heard from a friend a blade 954 came off on that left hand turn from great eastern highway to graham farmer freeway

anyone know what happened?? Wonder if the rider is alright :roll:

Deza
02-04-2004, 02:14 PM
must of been having too much fun on the winding ramp :twisted: :twisted:

mastrmage
02-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Andrew, you ok buddy? It's you that's always out that way aint it, .. and Masda??

Masda74
02-04-2004, 05:38 PM
damn word gets around. :oops:
Well it was I that came off. low sided it when my back wheel hit either oil or Diesel on that on ramp.
I never go on the inside and today i decided to go on the inside. Guess what happened. :(
The frame was grinded a bit and believe it is going to be a write off. i will try and get some fotos tomorrow and post em.
I am sort of okay. Knee is a bit hurt. Not broken. Scrapped the knee a bit. Don't own Draggin Jeans.. i can hear you all say draggin Jeans would let it happen. But we do have dress code at work so....
I am still here and that is what counts.
Stay up boys and watch out for the onramp from Great eastern to polly farmer. Has oil or sumthing on it.

Masda74
02-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Andrew, you ok buddy? It's you that's always out that way aint it, .. and Masda??

Oi you been stalking me? how do you know i live down this area? :wink:

Klink
02-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Shit dude,

Sorry to hear that. Hope your time without a bike is a short one.

Masda74
02-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Shit dude,

The twitch is gonna be to much. no more bikes allowed in the drive way, is what i have been hearing in this house.. :cry:
But i am gonna try and change the Judges descision.

Deej
02-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Glad u got away without more damage to yourself.

Sorry ot hear about yer bike.

Deej

Gankaz
02-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Shit dude,

The twitch is gonna be to much. no more bikes allowed in the drive way, is what i have been hearing in this house.. :cry:
But i am gonna try and change the Judges descision.

Hell yea change the judge's decision!! OR! you could park your bike at my place =)oh and leave the keys with me just in case i need to *cough* move it *cough* hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry to hear masda, tis good that u alright. :)

Hewie
03-04-2004, 10:15 AM
sorry to hear dude ..

glad ur in one piece tho

Masda74
03-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the concern of those that have called and messaged me. I apreciate it. Well i am in one piece and that is what counts. well this is second time lucky and i have walked away from a serious accident with minor injuries. I think i have caught on what the "Powers above" are trying to tell me.
As soon as i can get these pics uploaded to a site i will and then post a link.

gulliver
03-04-2004, 04:08 PM
mate good to hear you are ok....its a shame you wont have a bike. It was starting to become fun riding with you. :) learning wheelie together,kicking my arse on the drag track :evil:. I hope you can get some wheels soon anyways.

Masda74
03-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Well now you've done it... see the misses didn't know i was learning and now she does :wink:
No more bikes for me. :cry:
But in any case check this out. hope you guys can see this html page
http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/masda.rm/acc...dent_index.html (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/masda.rm/accident/accident_index.html)
oh by the way each image is about 200k and one or two of em are like a meg. Just thought i would mention it cause some of you are still on 56k modems

CAD
03-04-2004, 07:02 PM
glad yer cool dude :wink:

doorman
03-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Sorry to heard about that Masda, but glad to hear that you're ok.

Hell yea change the judge's decision!! OR! you could park your bike at my place =)oh and leave the keys with me just in case i need to *cough* move it *cough* hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry to hear masda, tis good that u alright. :)

A mate of mine kept his bike at my place for ages, didn't want his parents to know that he had 2 bikes :) Eventually they found out because his mum works at the same place he does and the boss (a harley rider) goes "How's your boy's new bike going?" He had some explaining to do.

Masda74
04-04-2004, 10:14 AM
I don't know if i want to go that far. how would i explain the insurance bill of $1500?? :roll:
Thanks for offering though Gankaz. lol
Anyways i am not sure if everyone can see those pics, but i know that there is a limited number of times per day that they can be seen. so have patience

Maarken
04-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Get another bike dude and get back on ....

That's the only way to go don't let this scare ya ..... Just move on .....

subdued
04-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Hey Masda you skipped your 250 and went straight to something bigger?

Just wondering how that affecting your insurance? :cry:

Masda74
04-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Sub, bear in mind i got my first bike(and only bike) when i was 28. I had already had a few years of insurance on me car, so they took that into consideration.
I got me blade954(and yes i did skip my 250) and the first year of insurance was $1320, the second year was $1236, but that was most probably because i had an accident in August 2003.
Why you ask?

subdued
04-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Just wondering dude, im planning on getting a 600 and skipping the 250 thing... but im guessing you already had your open class license?

Insurance is worrying me if i skip a 250 and ride a 600 on my restricted :cry:

Tho im 21 and lost my license twice for habitual speeding... so insirance aint gonna happen on any bike... just be nice to have 3rd party fire theft.

Tho i would hate to write something off and still be paying it off... :cry:

Tho i hope im more sensible and not stupid enough do to really dumb things on it. :oops:

Nothing like talking myself into it eh? 8)

Chris
04-04-2004, 11:41 PM
By the look of it the damage isn't going to be much more than the $1500 excess you paid. I've personally seen far worse damage than that fixed up for about $2-2.5 grand.

8)

Masda74
04-04-2004, 11:48 PM
MATE!!!!!! take it easy.

I wouldn't of had my accident the first time, had i ridden a 250. you get your experience from the 250. you learn to handle the bike the right way.
Ride it out and get a second hand 250 bike.
I was lucky cause i also had a few fines and i mentioned it to Swan. they accepted to insure me in any case. I came off the first time and my premium did not go up, thank God for that.
I came off on friday due to unforseen circumstances. I didn't see what it was in the shade, but what ever it was, it was wet and made my wheel spin out. Lucky that there was no other damage, besides to my bike. My bike went between two cars and missed em.
I am fully insured and it will be covered. If I only had third party, i would be paying off my bike and have no bike. That would suck.
My point being, you never know what is going to happen. I was taking it easy and relaxing, Enjoying my ride to work and the next thing i know my PRIDE & JOY is like written off. I am depressed right now and don't wish this apon anyone.
I have my open class license. If i decide to get another bike, i will get a 600cc(assuming i decide to get a bike)

subdued
05-04-2004, 12:04 AM
Your damage doesnt look much too more than supericial?

Hope its not as bad as you think dude..

I could handle having to fix my bike. thats ok.. but if completly totalled it i wouldnt be happy..

But like i said i cant even insure a 250 for full comp :cry:

so lifes a bitch

Masda74
05-04-2004, 12:56 AM
It may be superficial, but the last accident looked superficial as well. I am sure that the top front fairing will have to be replaced($1000). the spedo casing was snapped out of place, so they gotta repair that($600). Left Fairing($1000). Crank cover($150). Rear fairing($500). Swingarm is grazed as well so i am not sure if they are gonna replace that. The main frame of the bike is grazed as well. it is in pic *014.jpg the rear passenger footpeg is damaged. The left handle for the clutch is damaged. I am not sure if the forks were damaged.
The last accident i had, it was $6000 in damage and it didn't look like it. I am sure it is gonna add up. Will find out this week.
My question is this. If the insurance people decide it is a write off, and i get paid an all. Can i buy the bike off them and use it like for a practise stunt bike? like take the fairings off and all

Spike
05-04-2004, 08:42 AM
It may be superficial, but the last accident looked superficial as well. I am sure that the top front fairing will have to be replaced($1000). the spedo casing was snapped out of place, so they gotta repair that($600). Left Fairing($1000). Crank cover($150). Rear fairing($500). Swingarm is grazed as well so i am not sure if they are gonna replace that. The main frame of the bike is grazed as well. it is in pic *014.jpg the rear passenger footpeg is damaged. The left handle for the clutch is damaged. I am not sure if the forks were damaged.
The last accident i had, it was $6000 in damage and it didn't look like it. I am sure it is gonna add up. Will find out this week.
My question is this. If the insurance people decide it is a write off, and i get paid an all. Can i buy the bike off them and use it like for a practise stunt bike? like take the fairings off and all

Don't just think cos it looks fucked it is dude......you guys asll saw the pics of my bike (which included compressed faring, fucked front end, fucked forks and all that shit) and they STILL decided to repair the damn thing...Swann will repair it even if it's a hundred dollars over the bike value.....that's what they told me.....I would have to do $20,000 worth of damage if i wanted to write the R1 off

Warp Speed
05-04-2004, 09:30 AM
:shock: Sorry to hear about your unplanned slide. You are insured RIGHT? Your Missus will be heard to convince to let you ride again. She was just starting to loosen up about bikes and it was good she came on the recent country run to Dwellingup. Well I enjoyed our rides togeher and hope you can do some real smooth talking Masda 74 :wink:

mastrmage
05-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Masda74: I think you posted somethin once about being out that way.. no? :oops:

Glad you're alright dude, the majority of us know how it feels to drop your baby, it's not a good feeling and you loose a big sense of pride in it.. but it brings you back to reality a little which is a good thing, and in instances like this you gotta focus on the lighter side. It has made you a safer rider.. even if at a cost (financially)

Masda74
05-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Found out that the swing arm is about $2500, the frame is about $3,600, the speedo assembly is around $800. if you add it all up it is like over $9000. Will have to wait and see what the accessor is going to say.
Spike i know these things cause i have come off before and i know the cost of replacing the fairings and stuff(no being mean or offensive) :(

I just have to wait and see what options i get.

Andrew
05-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Masda,

That truely is woeful news :( At least you are in one piece 8)

hooter
05-04-2004, 04:48 PM
hey masda. spose that means u won't be coming out my way for a beer then eh? sorry to hear mate. a word of advice bout insurance. if the dude doesn't write it off try and go for a cash settelment, then do the work yourself. i got 4 grand cash settlement for my fzr250 repairs when a silly bitch in a ppl mover cleaned me up on a roundabout. i sourced all the parts, sprayed it and did all the other work and it ended up costing me like $1500 all up, so i came out on top by miles. it's worth a try

mastrmage
06-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Hooter, nice work! I did that on my old ford meteor, someone ran up the back and "wrote it off", so I just paid the insurance company $100 (what they valued the car at - haha) and bashed the boot out with a panel beaters hammer, slapped a new light cluster in there ($20) and scored a bumper from my mate, and took it over the pits ($50), so .. nice profit,, cant wait for someone else to smash into the back of it again :)

Masda74
06-04-2004, 12:16 PM
hey masda. spose that means u won't be coming out my way for a beer then eh? sorry to hear mate. a word of advice bout insurance. if the dude doesn't write it off try and go for a cash settelment, then do the work yourself. i got 4 grand cash settlement for my fzr250 repairs when a silly bitch in a ppl mover cleaned me up on a roundabout. i sourced all the parts, sprayed it and did all the other work and it ended up costing me like $1500 all up, so i came out on top by miles. it's worth a try

Well i can still come over for a beer but in me wife's cage. :(
(tell you a secret, i don't drink beer but vodka only :P )
I will keep that in mind, about the cash settlement thingy.

Well i have found how to get my pics available without restriction.
http://members.westnet.com.au/anunso/my_accident
hopefully you can see all the pics now. :(

ChOOkiE
06-04-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm no expert, but it doesn't look like it'll be a writeoff
Sorry to hear about your accident aswell man, I hope you're getting better!
Tell the missus to "shut the fuck up and get on the pillion seat.. biatch!" ... or asking nicely might be a better approach :) I hope that you won't give up, cause I havn't even gone out on a ride with you yet. Maybe just explain that you'll settle down a lot more and therefore it should all be good?

mastrmage
06-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Haha chookie, everything will be alright :)

You be living in a world of make-believe.. vampires are make believe, just like elves, gremlins and eskimos!

hehe

Masda74
06-04-2004, 03:56 PM
just been told that it is over 12k in parts and then there is labour. Accessor has been out and it is a write off. :(
FARKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This twitch is going to be to much to bear!
NO bike for a while now, might look into getting a bike in about 1-2 years time. When the misses is working and we are earning shit loads of money, just so i can get a weekend riding machine. :lol:
But i'll still come out once in a while and see you lot at Scabs.

hooter
06-04-2004, 04:13 PM
hahahahaha. nice mastrmage. big simpsons fan?

oblivion
06-04-2004, 06:14 PM
is it a statutory writeoff or a financial writeoff?

you can always buy the bike back from the insurance company if you want, it's most likely a financial writeoff, so can be re-registered with a bit of work. :)

depends how much they want for it.. you could make it a track bike if'n ya wanted..

that way you don't have to worry about the missus, since you still own the bike, it's as if you never crashed - it's not like you're getting a new one or anything.. :)

mastrmage
07-04-2004, 08:31 AM
hooter: yup! Best show TV has to offer. I even put up with commercials (ARGH!) to watch the simpsons

Masda74
10-04-2004, 07:31 PM
is it a statutory writeoff or a financial writeoff?

It's a financial write off. Well i could get it back together, but i got that gut feeling that it is going to be to much work. I am the lazy type of guy. It just won't do it for me.
I am gonna get a cage now. I have been shopping around. In about a years time or 2, i'll get a weekend bike i suppose. this is just so confusing. One half of me says get a bike, the other half says get a cage. It's like torment. I just hate it.
My knee is better but it is still weeping(like the doctor calls it). It is slowly forming a scab, but it is not totaly covers. it is just so itchy it's not funny.

Taz
11-04-2004, 07:42 PM
masda get the bike if you want.

i was given one of those ultimatims did what was asked and still got divorced.

whats the worst no sex but then you can go riding

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Masda74
11-04-2004, 07:59 PM
ROTFLOL

you must be one tough cookie or misses palmer and her five daughters must be good friends of yours Craig :lol:
Like i have said before, you can't live with em and you can't live without em. :wink:

Nah mate it has been decided i need a vechile for work purposes, carry stuff around and all. i was always having problems with transporting stuff on the bike. i will be getting a cage. hopefully in about a years time, when i can afford it i will get a bike for weekend purposes.

Thanks for the support guys, you know who you are.

gulliver
11-04-2004, 09:51 PM
ok masda, you can come over and ride my bike when you get sick of the cage. But dont think it will happen to much :wink: So now set the date on the calender and start crossing the days off to your new bike (we want to make sure it happens :D)