PDA

View Full Version : Black Hawk Down

FIZZA 600
29-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh no we have lost yet another soldiers life in a helicopter accident, a Black Hawk has crashed off the side of the HMAS Kanimbla killing one soldier and one is still missing. See link:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20843258-2,00.html

Thoughts go to the families. RIP Aussie diggers

lee
29-11-2006, 07:34 PM
rip dood(s) :confused:

Trev
29-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Seahawks have more power than Blackhawks for landings at sea etc. etc. so why the feck are Blackhawks doing sea landings...

TurboR1
29-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Blackhawks are like $10 hookers... Garanteed to go down.

Christ they even made a movie titled the same.

You enlist in the defence force, you are put in harms way, things like this happen.

Choppers aren't the most reliable of transports, hear about them crashing fairly frequently in the oil and gas game.

BigTim
29-11-2006, 08:14 PM
R.I.P.

Klink
29-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Seahawks have more power than Blackhawks for landings at sea etc. etc. so why the feck are Blackhawks doing sea landings...
[/b]
Because Blackhawks are standard on Kanimbla. Kanimbla is a helicopter carrier.

GORCAT
29-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Never good news, thoughts with the families and also the unit members and crew, guts ya when you lose someone............

Tex
29-11-2006, 10:06 PM
The blackhawks are a fantastic helicopter that is far superior in performance and safety than any other helo, accidents happen , and that is all that this is

RIP to the Two diggers and my thoughts are with their families.

DRKSIDE
29-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Thats not good news :down: I knew one of the guys in the Blackhawk collision from the 1990's and he's got life-long health problems cos of it. I hope they find the other guy!

Taz
29-11-2006, 11:04 PM
drkside i knew most of the guys from 1996 and tex knew them all and to see another one go down with the guys on them is not good at all.

RIP to the guys. The familes know the guys died doing what they were trained and were very proud of what they do.

words cant express the loss.

:(
:(

and as for helo's

i would prefer to be in a blackhawk any day to a seahawk.....if i want a boat anchor i would pick a seahawk...there has been more than one soldier/sailor lost on a seahawk

sabre1
29-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Not good to hear

My thoughts and condolonces to family and friends .

Trev
30-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Because Blackhawks are standard on Kanimbla. Kanimbla is a helicopter carrier.
[/b]

Ah, out of the loop.... We didn't have Kanimbla when I use to control Seahawks and the like.

terrible
30-11-2006, 06:50 AM
R.I.P

lwf

Fastgirl
30-11-2006, 07:38 AM
RIP...have a girlfriend who is a helo engineer on the Kanimbla. :(

Gryphen
01-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Poor bastards, never good.

As to the missing soldier, I hope they find him sitting at a local bar downing a beer.

Thoughts go out to all those affected.

Madkat
03-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Blackhawks are like $10 hookers... Garanteed to go down.

Christ they even made a movie titled the same.

You enlist in the defence force, you are put in harms way, things like this happen.

Choppers aren't the most reliable of transports, hear about them crashing fairly frequently in the oil and gas game.
[/b]

Turbo.. I don't think you know what your talking about...

Blackhawks are one of the best forms of transport that we have..

in 10 years there has only ever been 4 crashes and thats too many..

RIP trooper.. may the wings on your dagger carry you up to heven swiftly.

TurboR1
03-12-2006, 05:47 PM
only ever been 4 crashes and thats too many..
[/b]

Agreed.. hence the comment.

Madkat
03-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Agreed.. hence the comment.
[/b]

Fair enought but when you look at how many flight hours they have since coming into service then it's like not even 1% chance of a crash.

Scoundrel
04-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Fair enought but when you look at how many flight hours they have since coming into service then it's like not even 1% chance of a crash.
[/b]

Also, those ones in Somalia that they made the movie about were shot down by RPG's, they didnt come down because of pilot error or system failure.

IMHO the Govt should do everything they can to recover the helicopter and the Digger's body, whatever the financial cost is.

"Leave no man behind."

Spike
04-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Also, those ones in Somalia that they made the movie about were shot down by RPG's, they didnt come down because of pilot error or system failure.

IMHO the Govt should do everything they can to recover the helicopter and the Digger's body, whatever the financial cost is.

"Leave no man behind."
[/b]
in like 2k's of water me don't thinks this will happen