PDA

View Full Version : Bulbous has highsided........ Doh!

Bulbous
08-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Well, the mix of oily roads and a sprinkle of rain equals one highsided TLR and one fuckin' painful broken collarbone. lucky i was only doing about 45kph, but still, fast enough to hurt. Coming around a sharp left near the freeway in leederville and both ends slid away to the right. i managed to hold her up for about 15 metres in a sort of powerslide style, and my knee did its fair share too. i just wish i was wearing more than shorts at the time :) then she gripped again and up and over i went. i landed on my head and right shoulder and the force just kinda seperated my collarbone in the middle. the bike slid for about 40metres more, sending sparks all over the place. still, the damage is pretty minimal for a biggish stack, but the pipes alone are a grand, so i think it might be time to put in a claim. not happy, but at least i walked away, and there is nothing like the feeling when you lift your bike up off the road thinking it is not too bad, and halfway up your whole shoulder seperates, causing the bike to drop a bit and nearly slice off my index finger between the tank and frame. i almost passed out, but i managed to hold in the tears till the x-ray room in St John of God.........

two weeks with a sling, then another two taking it easy, and no weights training for another two after that. hopefully see ya down at scarbs on wednesday night still, just come the cage, thats all. worst bitr is, i will miss the motorplex show tomorrow night cause it hurts a bit too much to be moving a lot.

anyway, still alive, bike's not too bad. post pics sometime soon. :)

Gonzo
08-04-2004, 09:49 PM
shit sorry to hear mate...

hope to see ya soon!!! drive to Cass' place so i can poke ur shoulder.

man 2 weeks in a sling??? mine was 6-7 or some shit??? are u sure u shouldnt keep it in longer????? :shock:
hehe the wikkid hospital pain killers are awesome ayyyy? :D

Gonzo
08-04-2004, 09:51 PM
PS TURN YER PHONE ON YA TOOL!!!!! im tryin to call!

Bulbous
08-04-2004, 09:52 PM
didn't get any real painkillers, bloody panadiene forte. does fark all. the doc said two weeks or less in the sling, cause it is a real clean break, and not far out of alignment. i just wanna cry...... :D

Gonzo
08-04-2004, 09:56 PM
ahha no luck ey!!
they gave me awesome pain killers, but only to last 1 day or soemthing..... then its onto the forte :D

u got the Xrays to post up??? we can compare... although im lost for an explanation - u have a bigger crash, but get outta the sling sooner.... u bastard hehehe

ah well.. enjoy the typing!

oblivion
08-04-2004, 10:06 PM
sorry to hear dude, get well soon

same goes for the bike :)

Bulbous
08-04-2004, 10:18 PM
thanks dude! will see what western QBE think about it in the morning..... :(

Nick7r
08-04-2004, 10:24 PM
sry to hear mate

:(

gonzo's musta been rubbing off on ya

hope to cya out soon

Nick

TRX
08-04-2004, 10:24 PM
bugga! :shock: sorry to hear bulbous.

have trying WQBE tommorow..............

.......good friday and all........... :wink:

dugy
08-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Ouch!

Hope ya feeling better soon.

Cbr1k
08-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear dude.

I broke mine on Xmas day! But if you think it hurts today, wait until you try and sit up from bed tomorrow morning. :shock:

Are you sure you want to claim? I mean once you count the loss of no claim bonus, the gap payment and the increased cost of insurance next year the amount of money to fix the cans may not be that much.

Blame the roads and get compo fron the guvmitt ;)

Gordo
08-04-2004, 11:57 PM
yellow komatsu down , yellow komatsu down.........

Sorry to here dude, hope your not in too much pain.

I saw you riding off tonight at about 4:30 ish,I guess it happened not long after......

Glad your still alive and the komatsu isn't too bad....

Fenris
09-04-2004, 01:13 AM
Damn man :( Hope you get some quick healing action.

Boxhead
09-04-2004, 08:44 AM
Spewin Man!!!!! The poor old girl looks a little 2nd hand now I bet. I know what it looks like when u bang your exhausts up on those bikes!!

Glad to hear all ya got was a broken collar bone and no dinged up legs or arms or anything. Definately take it easy bro so we can see ya again soon. Good luck with it all 8)

gpx_gal
09-04-2004, 09:17 AM
:shock: :shock: Damn, glad you in more or less one piece. Things are starting to get a little interesting out there. Congrats on holding here up, now where is a video camera when you need one.

Take it easy, heal quickly and milk the poor injured soul thing for all its worth!! :twisted:

Bulbous
09-04-2004, 11:12 AM
thanks for your support guys, but as far as the insurance thing goes, i had a look at her last night, anbd even in the dark, the whole right side looks wasted. at least $4000 on just the major bits and there is still more of her to check out. i may be selling her after this though, then decide at the start of summer on some cheaper older banger for my thrills. easier for the uni budget anyway....... :D

and yeah, waking up this morning was an.... um.... experience....... i haven't felt pain like that before. everyone take care out there, and have fun! catch up soon, when i can drive again... :lol:

ChOOkiE
09-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Shit dood.. glad to hear that you're alright with a bit of damage to the bike... rest well and recover quickly man!

Nath
09-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Damn man, sorry to hear.

Good to hear your ok though.

XooM
09-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Now that sucks dude. :( I just started to like your bike and you had to destroy it. (well ok I don't like the whole thing but I like the sound)

Gonz1
09-04-2004, 01:05 PM
phark dude, sorry to hear mate, sucks ass :cry:
now it just me and the duke out to make some noise wednesday night ay :wink:
we"ll miss ya :shock:

Jarrid
09-04-2004, 01:33 PM
i think i've still got some MS Contin (morpheine) and some other good shit around somewhere. i'll put on my trenchcoat and meet you in an alley somewhere. bring noone...

sorry to hear it mate, the one time you're not being a dickhead and you crash :roll: at least you didn't hurt yourself too much. and don't worry about the bike, it probably looks better now :twisted:

Bulbous
09-04-2004, 02:06 PM
i get worried when you want me to meet you down a dark alley and all you're wearing is that damn trenchcoat :lol:

and, yes, i do find it somewhat ironic about the whole being a knobhead thing...... :D

Gordo
09-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Bulbous how is your knee today ??? It did loose some flesh yes ??

Maarken
09-04-2004, 06:46 PM
OH Man you were just out with us Wednesday night .....

Good your still with us mate, sorry about the Bulbous .....

Get Better soon and out there riding with us again ....

Bulbous
09-04-2004, 07:36 PM
yeah gordo, i lost a little bit, but i have lost more skin playing marbles before so....... :lol:

and yeah maarken, i'll be down scarbs in a couple weeks to say hi :D

phoned western QBE emergency claims hotline and got told it was closed today, but maybe i should call their emergency claims hotline instead...... :shock:

Masda74
09-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Far out. i haven't been on the net for a few days and i get on and find this. sorry to hear about this accident of yours. you kinda hurting right now aren't you? i know how you feel, HONESTLY!!!!
at least i ain't in a sling. but still i am limping around. At least your bike ain't a write off and you get it back. Me on the other hand, have been told that i did a good job.
People keep those eyes open and watch out.
Hope you get well soon and those Forte pills do nothing. Just keep taking Panadol every 60 mins.... thats what i am doing. Side effects?? umm you mean like the room is spinnning around? nah.. :wink:

Daise
09-04-2004, 10:51 PM
dayum dude, hope to see you out n about soon...

maybe there should be an "injured riders" section :roll:

take it easy out there guys with the onset of wet weather... :shock:

hooter
09-04-2004, 11:32 PM
mate that sucks. if any1 were to come unglued i thought it would have been Wed, but then u get stung being sensible. hope u'r back at it soon

Bulbous
12-04-2004, 11:24 AM
yeah masda, at least she isn't (fingers crossed) a write-off, but i will still be looking at getting rid of her when she is all fixed. too much money to run while i am at uni, so i will be looking at something a lot cheaper in summertime, possibly go the streetfighter blade path, i really like the way they look, and with big oggy knobs and no bodywork, i can piss around and fall off and there won't be any damage!!!!! except probably to me..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

at least something i can wheelie on though, that is the main priority...... :D i might need a hand down the road, CAD :D

mastrmage
14-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Awww shit sorry to hear Bulbous!

Just remember, the more fairings the longer the bikini-wash babes spend washing your bike!

Madkat
14-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Dam Dude sorry to hear about your stack...

I hope that you get her back together soon and with out it costing too much...

On a more serious note...

I am yet to understand the fundermentals of riding in Shorts and t shirts..
even without gloves or inclosed shoes... I see people day in and day out in those sort of cloths riding...

Im not going to rant and rave about it.. Im glad that you are ok and got out of it with minor damage to you and your bike...

Hey im just saying what some of us are thinking...

Bulbous
14-04-2004, 10:33 PM
nah, she's cool mate, and the girlfriend agrees with you, but the upside is that i never go with out gloves or closed shoes or a helmet. most of the time i ride in shorts and a jacket, and that's my choice, but if i am going out for a spirited ride, then jeans it is. i know that it is bad to ride in shirts and shorts, and the only crashes i have ever had have been when i was wearing:
1) shorts, tshirt, converse and gloves/helmet, and a backpack.
2)tshirt, converse, jeans, gloves/helmet.
3)jacket, shorts, converse, backpack, gloves/helmet

i fully agree that each time i have come off, i have been very lucky that i have not been hurt worse than i was, but it is still my choice to wear what i like when i ride, and i may or may not change what i wear, but if i happen to come off when i am not fully protected, then that is something i will come to terms with, and i accept that risk before i even approach the bike. that's finew with me, and others may not like this, but i also accept that as well.

i would love to have leather pants with my jacket, but i seem to find other things to spend the money on when i have it, and then i really want them when i have no money. again, silly as it may seem, it is my choice, etc, etc.

don't worry all, by the time the next bike has arisen, i promise to be appropriately attired......... :lol: :lol: