PDA

View Full Version : Squid does a flipper in a shirt

Daise
10-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Don't know much details, but some squid in a tshirt attempted to reach for the sky, flipped, and skinned about 70% of his back.

Reckon he learnt his lesson?

TYSON
10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Local?

Daise
10-12-2006, 04:10 PM
yeah.

TYSON
10-12-2006, 04:11 PM
dumbass.. must see pics lol

Daise
10-12-2006, 04:29 PM
don't know who it was, found out from someone who saw it.

betcha the nurses are having fun with their scrubbing brushes :thumbsup:

Taz
10-12-2006, 05:10 PM
thats a bit harsh taking enjoyment from someone elses m/c accident just because he chose not to wear a protective jacket.

RT
10-12-2006, 05:16 PM
leaving barbs, rode pass couple of young blokes pulling out a zx6r from a ditch just outside ajs motorx track, didn't look too bad though :thumbsup:

Daise
10-12-2006, 05:19 PM
thats a bit harsh taking enjoyment from someone elses m/c accident just because he chose not to wear a protective jacket.
[/b]

Sorry Taz but I don't have much sympathy for those that stunt without protective gear :down:

Davey
10-12-2006, 05:26 PM
[/b]

I think the point is it wasnt an accident, more of an arsed up wheelie and the guy was doing it in a t-shirt. If all he did was skin his back, then I'll have a chuckle at his idiocy. :teehee:

Uncle Ho
10-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Sorry Taz but I don't have much sympathy for those that stunt without protective gear :down:
[/b]
Friday night thought ya didn't have sympathy for those that stunt with protective gear either :P :P :lol: ...

Maxo
10-12-2006, 05:37 PM
If all he did was skin his back[/b]

not really an "if all" thing.

heal up dude.

Machast
10-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I'll have a chuckle at his idiocy. :teehee:
[/b]
that's it really,
it's not that the injuries that are funny, but the idiocy leading to them.

Joker
10-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Bikes not too bad... subframe, LHS casing, small dent in tank, LHS clipon fucked, screen fucked, tail fairing...
not too bad for what he did

12'd a 2000 R6

1st gear pow pow wheelie :rolleyes: , no rear brake coverage = skinned back and busted shit

live n learn ;) wear your shit

RT
10-12-2006, 05:59 PM
1st gear?? maybe thats what i have been doing wrong....these damn 600's got nothing on the litre!

so joker do you clutch it up in 1st or 2nd?

i've been trying in 2nd, but not sure about the whole clutching it, will get there but was wondering :confused:

Joker
10-12-2006, 06:09 PM
1st gear?? maybe thats what i have been doing wrong....these damn 600's got nothing on the litre!

so joker do you clutch it up in 1st or 2nd?

i've been trying in 2nd, but not sure about the whole clutching it, will get there but was wondering :confused:
[/b]

Standups for me

2nd gear, 3000RPM, clutch it, snap to bp, catch with rear brake, lean back and balance..... alternating control with brake and throttle. no need to change gears if its high enough and at TRUE balance point

thats on my 600 stunter

DRKSIDE
10-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Bugger!This is the first ive heard of the prang. (i didnt open my mouth cos i didnt know anything :yes:). To the rider: heal fast mate! Im a little sore after my effort on Friday so i know kinda what your feeling! At least this will give you a great incentive to turn it into a proper stunter :D

Foofie Foofie
10-12-2006, 07:57 PM
[/b]

Yea i agree, whats with you gear nazi's breaking peoples nuts about stunting in nothing more but a Macedonian suit (Kappa trackies and white wife beater).

w3rd !

Wedge
10-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Bloke sitting next to me in the office lost a bit of skin last weekend, did a wheelie on a dirtbike on a bituman road, wearin only helmet and boots, broke his ankle and wrist, and aparently lost a bit of skin, he hasent been back at work since so not sure on how bad.
Hope he heals up pretty quick, but fools money on not wearin his gear, or secondly doin a wheelie on knobbly's for his mrs in the 4wd behind him..

runthered
10-12-2006, 08:14 PM
come on guys you know better,
Daise dont lay shit on people we know!

It's one big family

DRKSIDE
10-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Each to their own, ppls! I was out there today wearing my jacket, helmet and gloves (albeit jacket unzipped cos it rubs on my skin grazes when its done up). Its our own personal choice to wear or not to wear so leave it at that. NO BANDWAGON JUMPING. Its all been said before.

Daise
10-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Yea i agree, whats with you gear nazi's breaking peoples nuts about stunting in nothing more but a Macedonian suit (Kappa trackies and white wife beater).

w3rd !
[/b]

Fully. I forgot it's cool to have balls to ride naked.

wearin only helmet and boots,
[/b]

Going for that all-over tan? :blink:

It's one big family
[/b]

:wub:

Foofie Foofie
10-12-2006, 08:18 PM

It's one big family
[/b]

Pfft .... and whats with your avatar , your wearing a helmet - thats not cool man !

runthered
10-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Pfft .... and whats with your avatar , your wearing a helmet - thats not cool man !
[/b]
And what does that mean saf?
Maybe your forgeting something!

Foofie Foofie
10-12-2006, 09:12 PM
And what does that mean saf?
[/b]

Real riders dont need helmets.

Barfridge
10-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Coming soon to a shop near you: extra-large kevlar armour for e-wangs. For those people whose online ego is large enough to cushion any impacts they may sustain. Keep you e-wang in tip-top condition, and prevent bruising to your ego with the patented e-wang armour.

Ice
10-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Well I won't laugh. Coz it isn't funny. Roadrash is one of the most painful injuries you can experience. If you haven't had it - you don't understand it.

I'm sure I'll find out who it was - but for now I don't know. Their recovery is gonna be long and excrutiatingly painful. Whether they do or don't regret their choice to not wear gear is entirely up to them. If that 70% is true - They'll be more than paying for it now.

Those of you who laughed should all be ashamed of yourselves.

BlackICE
10-12-2006, 11:08 PM
So whats the protective gear for getting on a bandwagon.... yeah thought so...

Not funny at all... Sorry to hear that someone came off and sorry to hear they hurt them selves, hope they heal up quick and that the bike isn't too bad and can be fixed...

dugy
11-12-2006, 05:53 AM
Stunters attire. ;)

http://www.lunanina.com/pixel/mwl/mwl_h_body_choice.jpg

(Hope he mends up quick.)

Taz
11-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Real riders dont need helmets.
[/b]

damn again i am not a real rider.... :D

and i musnt be a stunter either as i wear a jacket :P

all i said was "it a bit harsh" :)

i also didnt pick up on the reaching for the sky = wheelie (must be the old age )

TYSON
11-12-2006, 06:29 AM
I will laugh, just like it's his choice to not wear gear, it's my choice to laugh. :rolleyes:

Taz
11-12-2006, 06:40 AM
fair call tyson

Foofie Foofie
11-12-2006, 07:44 AM
I will laugh, just like it's his choice to not wear gear, it's my choice to laugh. :rolleyes:
[/b]

Hahah, good call.

I have no symapathy for anyone who goes out and stunts (the act of pushing boundaries and by far the most dangerous past time for a roadbike rider) in a shirt, or shorts. If he or she attempted to get on AHG and do some laps with that, im sure it wouldnt be lukewarm either.

Dont worry Taz, im no-where too, im just as squidly, actually worse, i wear a jacket and gear on a scooter!!

sathid
11-12-2006, 09:18 AM
bugger...thats got to hurt!

saf - dont worry mate, I got a photo today of a guy riding a scooter on shepparton rd. It was bright green, and he was wearing sandles/thongs (with socks :lol) and had a sombrero around his neck....I mean wtf

Desmo
11-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Sympathy is in between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.

Madkat
11-12-2006, 11:10 AM
[/b]

+1..
I agree tyson...

Gryphen
11-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Squid or not... 70% has gotta fucking HURT!

Heal well :thumbsup:

Marty MOOSE
11-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Well I bet next time he wears at least a Jacket. Like most of you I see this every day, some fool weaving in and out of traffic in a T shirt, shorts ect :( Once you have had an accident like this you learn REAL quick wear a jacket. Hope he gets better and learns a thing or two.

Marty MOOSE

Mungus
11-12-2006, 12:44 PM
I take no enjoyment from hearing of another bike rider's injuries, even though he was wearing squid gear. A lot of bike riders accidents, where injuries occur, happen because of the rider doing something stupid, be it wearing squid gear, riding beyond his limits, going hard on roads that the rider is not familiar with etc, etc. I am not one to judge what is more stupid than the other.

Heal well rider.

11-12-2006, 12:54 PM
every rider who speeds/wheelies/backs into corners :rolleyes: and comes a cropper might not have asked for it but put themselves in danger in the 1st place. i put everyone who does anything dangerous in the same shoes. you speed etc and come of, you have my sympathy but heal and get over it.

heal well rider....................

goof
11-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Stunters attire. ;)
[/b]
Indeed :ph34r:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/Photo-0052.jpg

rgvlee
11-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Shit happens.

Don't hate the guy for having a go.

langy
11-12-2006, 02:59 PM
To the Tune of Frank Sinatra -

When I was 17,
I had some very shit gear,
I had jeans and a 'T' and some Converse Boots.
I'd ride like a git,
I thought I was 'It'
It was very shit gear.
When I was 17

When I was 21,
I still wore shit gear
Then I stacked a Kwack
'cos I rode like a twat
My skin came undone
when I was 21.

But now I'm 35,
2 kids and a wife.
gloves and boots,
and a nice leather suit.
I keep my arse alive,
now I am 35.

Well actually I'm 38 and have some lovely scars from my off's . it's called experiential learning. I have had some good laughs with my mates about my near death experiences. Now I'm all grown up and have 2 kids and am mildly more sensible. I shall have a giggle about old scabby-back and I'm sure he will too at some point. :thumbsup:

masterblaster
11-12-2006, 04:32 PM

When I was 17,
I had jeans and a 'T' and some Converse Boots.
I'd ride like a git,
I thought I was 'It'
It was very shit gear.
When I was 17

When I was 21,
I still wore shit gear
Then I stacked a Kwack
'cos I rode like a twat
My skin came undone
when I was 21.

But now I'm 35,
2 kids and a wife.
gloves and boots,
and a nice leather suit.
I keep my arse alive,
now I am 35.

Well actually I'm 38 and have some lovely scars from my off's . it's called experiential learning. I have had some good laughs with my mates about my near death experiences. Now I'm all grown up and have 2 kids and am mildly more sensible. I shall have a giggle about old scabby-back and I'm sure he will too at some point. :thumbsup:
[/b]
You have got too be young and stupid before you can be old and wise. Unfortunately some arent as lucky as others.

Hey You
11-12-2006, 04:37 PM
[/b]

I don't have much sympathy for people who don't wear protective clothing full stop.

It doesn't have to be your fault for you to come off your bike... some wanker cager WILL pull out on you at some time... then yo'll wish you wore clothing of the protective kind

Hey You
11-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Stunters attire. ;)
[/b]

Professional Stunters...

TurboR1
11-12-2006, 05:12 PM
So who was it???

Dingo
11-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Thats not stunters attire ... thats farmers gear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/Photo-0052.jpg
[/b]

Sorry to hear about the off, sorry to hear about the lesson learnt the hardway.

Its only from witnessing first-hand the experiences of a mate of mine suffering bad gravel rash that keeps me in leather in summer. Oh and I save on Jenny Craig fees too :)

DRKSIDE
11-12-2006, 05:28 PM
[/b]
He just needs the pitchfork and some rye-grass to chew on.

Speaking of skin abrasions...i just went to the docs cos my grazes were looking a bit ill (turning green!!). There was this yellowy/greeny pussy (spelt pus-see, for all you gutter minds ;)) stuff on top of the main hip wounds and the doc said it was just dead skin my body was getting rid of. She still had to wipe (HARD!) to get most of it off before she applied some good healing ointment and sent me on my way. Bloody hurt! So i REALLY feel for the R6 flipper!

goof
11-12-2006, 05:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dingo @ Dec 11 2006, 06:22 PM) 373574

[/b]
He just needs the pitchfork and some rye-grass to chew on.
[/b][/quote]
bwahahahha :D

dugy
11-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Dat&#39;s-mah-stunnteen-awtfeet.

Daise
11-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Dat&#39;s-mah-stunnteen-awtfeet.
[/b]

*hyuck!*

Gresh
12-12-2006, 10:48 AM

When I was 17,
I had jeans and a &#39;T&#39; and some Converse Boots.
I&#39;d ride like a git,
I thought I was &#39;It&#39;
It was very shit gear.
When I was 17

When I was 21,
I still wore shit gear
Then I stacked a Kwack
&#39;cos I rode like a twat
My skin came undone
when I was 21.

But now I&#39;m 35,
2 kids and a wife.
gloves and boots,
and a nice leather suit.
I keep my arse alive,
now I am 35.
[/b]

is no one else gonna say how good an effort that song was? Made me cack myself! Good work

browny05
13-12-2006, 08:47 AM
hope his road rash heals up as pain free as possible. its nasty nasty shit,

feel for ya, but still worth a chuckle.

everyones done stupid stuff, just hope if u come of on the wrong side you can learn from it, and not make the same mistake, just a different one.

Embelem
18-12-2006, 09:06 PM
&#39;01 R6, just needs LH bar ,LH reaset, Rim and its a stunter!!
F@#kin WAMO!!!!!!!

Davey
18-12-2006, 09:08 PM
&#39;01 R6, just needs LH bar ,LH reaset, Rim and its a stunter!!
F@#kin WAMO!!!!!!!
[/b]

Haha how&#39;s your back? :lol:

Embelem
18-12-2006, 09:16 PM
90% healed. like the doc said im a healthy boy (cough!)

Davey
18-12-2006, 09:20 PM
90% healed. like the doc said im a healthy boy (cough!)
[/b]

Good to hear.

Good work postin in this thread :) u got some brass ones! :woot:

Embelem
18-12-2006, 09:27 PM
i spit truth, not shit
and i do it quick
as quik as shit, when i flip
flip and hit the r6
on bricks, not gravel
when i babble, i babble long
flip that piece of shit