PDA

View Full Version : the blind to be able to hunt

lee
13-12-2006, 06:06 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11...2499705,00.html (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2499705,00.html)

AUSTIN The blind will be able to go hunting if a Texas Bill becomes law.

They would have to be accompanied by a sighted hunter, who would help to guide their shots, and carry proof that they were legally blind. The law will also allow them to use a laser sight — a device forbidden to sighted hunters.

NI_MPU('middle');
Edmund Kuempel, a State Representative, who introduced the Bill, said: “This opens up the fun of hunting to additional people, and I think that’s great.” The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, which regulates hunting, has no definition for what constitutes a legally blind hunter. The Bill would give it until January 1, 2008, to come up with a definition.
[/b]

god bless america.

B)

DRKSIDE
13-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Maybe there will be more accidental deaths by shooting? Will the yanks wipe themselves out before the terrorists do? I really hope not!!!*

*EXTREME sarcasm :P

Taylor
13-12-2006, 06:17 PM
let em drive too!!

lee
13-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Maybe there will be more accidental deaths by shooting? Will the yanks wipe themselves out before the terrorists do? I really hope not!!!*
*EXTREME sarcasm :P
[/b]

Bill: "Hey bob, your blind man sunglasses fell off your face. Woah dude, theres a log over to your left, dont trip up"
*BAM*
Bob: "Oh fuck, I dun thought you was a bear. I wuz just prutectin muself."

sarcasmatron
13-12-2006, 07:46 PM
It's a slippery slope. Next thing they'll want the right to vote.

Taz
13-12-2006, 09:29 PM
and they will make books with bumps on them that mean letters so they can read stuff and what about those annoying crossing buttons that bloody beep all the time....faaarrkkk what next.

Semi
13-12-2006, 09:38 PM
just make them hunt with a knife

Machast
13-12-2006, 11:39 PM
slight hijack...

why are laser sights banned?
Is it to give the animals a more sporting chance?

Desmo
13-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Tell you what, how about fitting all deer and game with bells.
That would get rid of the need for the blind to use unfair laser scopes.

Ryder
14-12-2006, 05:14 AM
slight hijack...

[/b]

it's to stop the laser radiation giving the animals cancer :lol:

Mr M00se
14-12-2006, 07:01 AM
slight hijack...

[/b]

so all they can sell more ammo.. DOH :P
everythings a conspiracy :P

seadan44
14-12-2006, 07:19 AM
let em drive too!!
[/b]
Yep eggzackery,
they let theirs hunt we let ours drive! :ermm:

Desmo
14-12-2006, 08:27 AM
let em drive too!!
[/b]

You want to impress me? Take the wheel motherfucker.

/eddie murphy.

sathid
14-12-2006, 08:39 AM
what I really want to see, is blind skeet shooting. fit them with some kind of device that whistles through the air (like those tornado things you always see people throwing)

Davo
14-12-2006, 08:42 AM
You want to impress me? Take the wheel motherfucker.
[/b]

ha ha very funny motherfucker...what happens next, Stevie Wonder crashes into a tree? Very funny mother fucker :D

Gryphen
14-12-2006, 12:39 PM
what I really want to see, is blind skeet shooting. fit them with some kind of device that whistles through the air (like those tornado things you always see people throwing)
[/b]

Sharp Shooters at this year's Bisley

It turned out to be yet another great day out for everyone at the Bisley shooting ground with lovely weather and some good competition!
At the end of the competition Bernard Cribbins - star of Carry On Films, The Wombles and Coronation Street – and his ‘guns’ won the Top Team award. Late addition Clare Furnival, from the St Dunstan’s Fundraising team, took away the Top Lady award and Top Gun was awarded to Douggie Vine.

Three staff from QinetiQ, the national research and development agency, teamed up with St Dunstaner Colin Best, allowing them to see first hand how the blind take part in clay pigeon shooting. QinetiQ has shown great interest in assisting St Dunstan’s in the design and development of technology that will enable those who are blind or visually impaired to shoot unaided.

“Scientists from the Defence and Security Technology Department at QinetiQ attended St Dunstan’s annual shoot to try to learn more about challenges faced by blind clay pigeon shooters. Drawing on their knowledge of high speed tracking system devices for the MOD, QinetiQ will now look to offer potential technological solutions to help the blind and visually impaired shoot,” said Marketing Integration Manager for QinetiQ, Simon Hardaker.

After the competition a charity auction also took place following the shoot with all monies raised going to St Dunstan’s.

sathid
14-12-2006, 12:47 PM
cool.

Gryphen
14-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Thought you'd like that, have seen it on foxtel, they do use clay's that whistle :thumbsup:

Semi
14-12-2006, 03:22 PM
thats nuts. theres no way i would be able to even point close to where a noise was coming from, specially at that speed

block
18-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Surely there are better things for scientists to do than figure out ways to allow blind people to shoot stuff