PDA

View Full Version : Rider Down

Anetek
21-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Was driving in my cage today down Karinyup road when i saw a 2 car and 1 rider crash. It was around the Gwellup area.

The bikes main frame looked totally twisted. I didn't see the rider but i assume he would be in hospital by now.

Hope he is ok and it was no one from here.

Gryphen
21-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Has the govt put a bounty on our heads or something?

Hope the riders ok.

Dazza996
21-12-2006, 08:07 PM
this is becoming upsetting and concerning hearing so many fellow riders falling just lately :( :( :down:

Madkat
21-12-2006, 08:37 PM
this is becoming upsetting and concerning hearing so many fellow riders falling just lately :( :( :down:
[/b]

+1 WHS...

I thought it was going to be a good day.. woke up nothing..

got to work nothing

just got back from Newbie ride and another bike down...

Get Well Soon Fellow Rider...

Gryphen
21-12-2006, 08:37 PM
http://members.iinet.net.au/~gryph/this.jpg

taDere
21-12-2006, 08:48 PM
couple of mates and i went past as they were taking the the cage driver into the ambo. didnt see the rider but i think he would have been the first to go. hope he made it. the bike looked pretty bad

D'Artagnan
21-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Not another one! Get well mate and hopefully we'll see you out there soon.

Nessross

Foofie Foofie
21-12-2006, 09:57 PM
<pic>
[/b]

Never leave home without it ..... note the sticker on the back of the tank ? :blush:

http://70.85.12.34/~saf/pix/cbr929tank05.JPG

Heal fast mate.

Triple Treat
22-12-2006, 06:40 AM
:( I&#39;m hoping everything is okay for you rider, best wishes.

Gryphen
22-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Anybody have any further info?

Stoneville
22-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Hope rider is okay, heal quick whoever you are, hope you weren&#39;t the meat in a steel sandwich :(

Madkat
22-12-2006, 07:29 AM
Never leave home without it ..... note the sticker on the back of the tank ? :blush:

http://70.85.12.34/~saf/pix/cbr929tank05.JPG

Heal fast mate.
[/b]

Hahahahaha thats because we have all seen you race SAF.. you need to keep reminding yourself before every corner which way is UP on the bike .:)

:thumbsup:

Stephan
22-12-2006, 07:35 AM
As above....heal fast and hope you`ll be ok for xmas....remember guys....shiny bits up.... :blink:

Surly
22-12-2006, 08:11 AM
As reported by a guy that lives on Karrinyup Rd from a car forum I am on. Not sure if it is the same guy or not.

"I had just pulled into my garage this afternoon and as is quite often the case, the sound of sweet engine caught my ear. I turned around to check it out (as I always do) to see a sweet looking yellow &#39;naked&#39; bike heading away from the beach.
First thing I noticed was that the rider was wearing shorts and a singlet, and the first thing that popped in to my mind was: "Careful, mate. Your family loves you and would hate to see you get hurt." (Funny how being a Dad makes you think of these things...)
A few seconds later I hear a bang. Thought to myself, that sounded weird, couldn&#39;t have been that motorbike hitting something... could it?

I didn&#39;t hear any tyre screech, and didn&#39;t bother to check. About 10 seconds later I thought I&#39;d better check, just in case. Walked out to the road and looked down the hill. Sure enough, there was a bunch of people standing around.

The motorcyclist was going a little fast coming up the hill, but as he got to my place he definitely buttoned off and was practically coasting down the hill. I didn&#39;t hear him accelerate after that and who knows whether the sun was in the other driver&#39;s eyes, either way, a LOT of people will be having a pretty shitty Christmas.

I had Luka with me, and thought about heading down there with my First Aid kit, but it just didn&#39;t seem right to go down there with a baby.
Accident was on the corner of Karrinyup Road and Arnott St around 5pm today.

I sincerely hope nobody was hurt too seriously, but I have my doubts about how the motorcyclist would have fared. Ambulance arrived pretty quickly, but I&#39;m not sure on any other details.

So, my point... Be careful out there people. Keep your wits about you, take it easy, don&#39;t drink too much and keep your eyes out for motorcyclists. Not just for Christmas, but 365 days a year.

Be safe and have a Merry Christmas everybody."

cheers
Surly

Stoneville
22-12-2006, 08:18 AM
So, my point... Be careful out there people. Keep your wits about you, take it easy, don&#39;t drink too much and keep your eyes out for motorcyclists. Not just for Christmas, but 365 days a year. [/b]

And this from a cage driver, so good to see there are drivers out there (apart from us in our cages and our family) that think like this, wish more did.

Gryphen
22-12-2006, 08:31 AM
^^^WSS^^^

Foofie Foofie
22-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Hahahahaha thats because we have all seen you race SAF.. you need to keep reminding yourself before every corner which way is UP on the bike .:)

:thumbsup:
[/b]

...... err .. wha ?. :blush:

First thing I noticed was that the rider was wearing shorts and a singlet,[/b]

Ugh damn ..... i hate to even think.

-J-
22-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh dear

Hope rider is ok. Wishing a speedy recovery

muz
24-12-2006, 03:16 PM
i passed this fella on a ride to the beach,
the bike was a yellow duc with DUCATI plates (or something along those lines)
ambo and cops there,
unlucky mate, hope you heal quick