PDA

View Full Version : run to the airport to out run polair???

the_key_holder
21-01-2007, 05:28 PM
QUOTE(Evil_Homer @ Jan 13 2007, 09:09 AM)

whats wrong with people when polair is out head straight towards the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(TurboR1)
... And do what?

Polair- "requesting clearance over the quietest airport in the world"

Air control - "OK"

-----------
For all those that watched the news and saw polair stop a comercial interstate flight to continue their chase..... might be thinking twice about trying that on a bike... barina wanted for break and enter and stealing thought it was a good idea... buuuuuuuuuuuuut why would you try and run in something that you couldnt even attemt to compare to a pursuit car..... AND A CHOPPER! oh well ... looked like they got owned too.

above quotes pulled from the last bike chase that came unstuck on a roundabout confirm a couple of comments that some people thought it was a good idea. nice one turbo think you summed that one up quite nicely...

Gryphen
21-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Yer the Air traffic guys held up a commercial aircraft so that they could ensure htey caught them.

Scoundrel
21-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Yer the Air traffic guys held up a commercial aircraft so that they could ensure htey caught them.[/b]

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-owned.gif

Maxo
21-01-2007, 06:19 PM
barina wanted for break and enter and stealing thought it was a good idea[/b]

good.

sabre1
21-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Believe what you want what I will say on this is it all depends

thro
21-01-2007, 08:26 PM
buuuuuuuuuuuuut why would you try and run in something that you couldnt even attemt to compare to a pursuit car.....[/b]

Dude, unless they've got V8 commodores or XR6 turbos now, i'd take a Barina (definitely an SRi in any case) over a V6 commodore land-barge with 2 fat cops and 200kgs of police gear in it any day - particularly if you were going to do a runner along suburban streets, rather than taking the freeway which makes your path awfully predictable :D

V6 "pursuit" cars are actually not real quick. The reason they catch people is because of air assistance and radio to other cars... :)

edit:
Not to say i'd try running in a barina. :D They have air support, etc... may as well try and tip the odds in your favour as much as you can by choosing something quick, I agree on that :D

Barfridge
21-01-2007, 08:39 PM
The news I saw tonight said it was a ford, and it did look alot like a focus.

But it doesn't really matter what budget hatchback you're in, with polair above you you're pretty fucked.

Havago
21-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Its a shame but, they were only kids and proberly will just get a slap on the wrist.

Bring back the old days where the copper took you out the back and gave you a beating, then took you home to mummy and daddy who then gave you another beating.

sabre1
21-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Its a shame but, they were only kids and proberly will just get a slap on the wrist.

Bring back the old days where the copper took you out the back and gave you a beating, then took you home to mummy and daddy who then gave you another beating.[/b]

God forbid that that should happen whats wrong with you ya cant hit a child thats wrong what is society coming too

Havago
21-01-2007, 09:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Havago @ Jan 21 2007, 09:08 PM) 401652

Bring back the old days where the copper took you out the back and gave you a beating, then took you home to mummy and daddy who then gave you another beating.[/b]

God forbid that that should happen whats wrong with you ya cant hit a child thats wrong what is society coming too
[/b][/quote]

Hey did me no harm and I turned out a better person for it. ;)

Scoundrel
22-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Dude, unless they&#39;ve got...XR6 turbos now[/b]

They do :o

Lewy
22-01-2007, 08:00 AM
The news I saw tonight said it was a ford, and it did look alot like a focus.

But it doesn&#39;t really matter what budget hatchback you&#39;re in, with polair above you you&#39;re pretty fucked.[/b]

It was a Ford Feista, 1.6 litres of grunt. Not a bad small car, but definately not a Hot Hatch.

stockysan
22-01-2007, 11:42 AM

whats wrong with people when polair is out head straight towards the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(TurboR1)
... And do what?

Air control - "OK"[/b]

On the other hand, Jandakot is one of the busiest airports in the world. I&#39;m sure that they wouldn&#39;t mind putting a bunch of light aircraft out in order to help the chase, but when there&#39;s a load of them to shift, it would take a while.

On the other hand, i guess polair "lives" at jandakot, so there might be a bigger chance of it being close by in the first place?

Evil_Homer
22-01-2007, 05:24 PM

QUOTE(TurboR1)
... And do what?

Air control - "OK"

-----------
For all those that watched the news and saw polair stop a comercial interstate flight to continue their chase..... might be thinking twice about trying that on a bike... barina wanted for break and enter and stealing thought it was a good idea... buuuuuuuuuuuuut why would you try and run in something that you couldnt even attemt to compare to a pursuit car..... AND A CHOPPER! oh well ... looked like they got owned too.

above quotes pulled from the last bike chase that came unstuck on a roundabout confirm a couple of comments that some people thought it was a good idea. nice one turbo think you summed that one up quite nicely...[/b]

mmmmmmm looks like the old airport in the shoe trick might be over
stuff it head straight to the police station :suicide_fool-edit:

TurboR1
22-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Even if Polair did not get clearance to enter Perth International/Domestic Airport... its fairly safe to say it has radioed to 27 odd cars behind you letting them know that you have just gone down a dead end road.....

Dumb Arses!

sabre1
22-01-2007, 06:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sabre1 @ Jan 21 2007, 10:38 PM) 401687

[/b]

Hey did me no harm and I turned out a better person for it. ;)
[/b][/quote]

I was being sarcastic most of the youth today could do with a clip behind the ear

Even if Polair did not get clearance to enter Perth International/Domestic Airport... its fairly safe to say it has radioed to 27 odd cars behind you letting them know that you have just gone down a dead end road.....

Dumb Arses![/b]

You missed the chase last night then ended up opposite AHG I went down there due to a cop car getting bogged and retrieved it out she was cute too bonus

cYcLoNe
22-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Long range fuel tank anyone?

-J-
22-01-2007, 08:56 PM
You missed the chase last night then ended up opposite AHG I went down there due to a cop car getting bogged and retrieved it out she was cute too bonus[/b]

Bastard

jkeirle
23-01-2007, 06:06 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thro @ Jan 21 2007, 09:26 PM) 401607
Dude, unless they&#39;ve got...XR6 turbos now[/b]

They do :o
[/b][/quote]

Bad news for those who like to play the fool and run, XR6 Turbo&#39;s popping up all over the place. MIG&#39;s have &#39;em, Traffic Nazi&#39;s are getting &#39;em and they&#39;ve even bought back the TOG&#39;s. All of who&#39;ll chase you and give you a "nudge" if needed.