PDA

View Full Version : COMPUTER WIZZARDS HELP?????????

Anonymous
21-05-2004, 12:53 PM
I PUT A SOUND CARD IN MY PC, WHICH PROBLY DISABLED THE ON BORAD (DID WORK FINE BEFORE I FITTED THE CARD), NOW I TOKK THE CARD OUT TO PUT IN OTHER COMPOOTA AND NOW HAVE NO SOUND?,I RE INSTALLED WINDOWS, CHECKED BOIS ETC, AND YES THE SPEAKERS ARE PLUGGED IN HAHA
BEEN SCRATCHING HEAD FOR A WHILE NOW, RE INSTALLED MUM BOARD DRIVERS BUT TO NO AVAIL????
ANY IDEAS BOYS?

Deza
21-05-2004, 01:47 PM
does ur new mothorboard have on board sound?

dnd
21-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Audio Tab > Select your sound card.

See if that works.

elorian
21-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Looks like the problem may be more serious than first thought though.

It has somehow affected your keyboard and in particular your caps lock key. To have a sound card do that requires a magnet put to your hard drive... that'll fix it i think

Blade_954
21-05-2004, 02:55 PM
un-tick the "mute" box. Hahaha....... :lol:

mastrmage
21-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Does this have something to do with your For Sale thread? :)

CAD
21-05-2004, 04:52 PM

It has somehow affected your keyboard and in particular your caps lock key. To have a sound card do that requires a magnet put to your hard drive... that'll fix it i think

HAHAH!

im with him!! :D

Campo
21-05-2004, 04:59 PM

hahahahahahahahaha yeah, what he said x 2!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
22-05-2004, 08:29 AM
campo how can you bitch i spent ages finding the caps lock key just to stopyou whinging (having a pommy mrs has worn off on you)

Anonymous
22-05-2004, 10:39 AM
i thought this was a forum of discussion/comradery and general helping fellow riders???
then why the fook does every one have to be smart arses hiding behind their monitors giggling??
i asked i simple question which most of you computer nerds know the answer to only to get a load of shit for an answer.........
and campo if all guys bitched and carried on like you do then we wouldnt need women to have mouths.............

dugy
22-05-2004, 10:54 AM
then we wouldnt need women to have mouths.............

CHICKS WITH NO MOUTHS! :shock: THAT'D BE A TRAGEDY!

How would they.....

Oh, wait, back to the sound-card...

Ok, I think a mate had a card with on-board sound that you had to enable or disable in the bios. Was a while ago, I just recall it taking us ages to find it as well.

What brand is the motherboard?
There should be a website with the manuals, I know AOPEN's website has really good support.

Anonymous
22-05-2004, 11:02 AM
finally someone with a valid answer....campo must be asleep at his keyboard at the moment.

ChOOkiE
22-05-2004, 11:02 AM
I agree with Dugy, most likely a setting in the bios. Check your mainboard manual, it should have details on it.

Gordo
22-05-2004, 11:12 AM
CAMPO WAKE UP DAZ IS MISSING YOU HAHAHAHAHA

SHUT THE FARK UP DAZ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know nothing about computers so I'll just dribble shit :lol: :lol:

One quick question, does the mother board have jumpers on it ??
On my old computer it had some and I had to move them to enable and disable the sound card...

dugy
22-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Just had a quick look at a few random boards.

They either refer to changing a jumper switch on the board or a setting in the bios.

What MB was it anyway?

Anonymous
22-05-2004, 11:30 AM
due to the temperature today the motherboard may wel have a jumper on........
nah serious its a msi board, all i did was fit new sound blaster card (& drivers etc)

then remove card and did full re install

no sound :?:

elorian
22-05-2004, 11:41 AM
If you have done a complete reinstall and still no sound then it sounds (no pun intended) like a BIOS setting.

Have you gone to your device manager to see all devices are installed properly? (NOTE: You could also disable the offending sound card in device manager)

Pinkee
22-05-2004, 04:11 PM
i reckon elorian is right, i would think its still trying to use the software for the old card!, diabling the device should fix it

elorian
22-05-2004, 04:25 PM
There may be an even easier explanation... are you sure you have plugged your speakers into the right plug on the right sound card... it is just a thought tho

Masda74
23-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Most of the time it is a driver issue. if you still have the old card, put it in and start windows. It will most probably install the drivers automatically and ask to restart. let it restart. once it has restarted and you are in windows, go to control pannel and select the option to add/remove hardware. follow the prompts to remove the hardware(soundcard that is) this will also disable the card and most of the time remove the drivers as well.
Once that is done shut down and remove the card.
Next bit with the bios for MSI motherboards, you need to enable the sound chip. Save your settings and boot into windows.
do the same thing. Go to control Panel add remove hardware. remove the sound card and restart. Once it restarts it should reinstall the card. give it the drivers and all. hope this fixes the problem.

My problem was i never got the sound to work right on mine. Must be because i have my CPU overclocked which is affecting the PCI bus speed, which in turn will not let the sound card work right.
So i just put in An audigy card and that seems to be handling the higher PCI speeds.

Let us know what happens.

ChOOkiE
24-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Flashed your bios recently?
Just do all of the above and I'm sure the answer will lie therein

Gonzo
24-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Flashed your bios recently?
Just do all of the above and I'm sure the answer will lie therein

Or what about your idea with the french fries and salt again?? Might work?