PDA

View Full Version : 180k in the rain!

Pinkee
22-05-2004, 04:06 PM
anyone know of anyone who came off last night?
my sister, a doc at freo hospital treated a male and female last night who gave in to gravity, doin 180 on the fwy or summin! pretty nasty or so i hear... But why do such a speed in the rain?!? Why!

Gordo
22-05-2004, 05:28 PM
rain doesn't decrease or increase gravity !!!! :lol:

going fast in a straight line in the wet is as easy as in the dry, it only becomes a problem when you want to slow down or change direction quickly.. :lol:

Maarken
23-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Yeah i hate trying to turn in the wet ...

Always feel like the front is gonna slip out ....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Cbr1k
23-05-2004, 06:09 AM
I had it up to 200 in the rain yesterday up around Lancelin etc with no problems.

I was playing with the new brakes yesterday and the bikes stops amazingly well in the rain as long as you are smooth instead of sudden.

dodgyone
23-05-2004, 05:09 PM
My brother dropped his little cb250 going home on friday night. Rung me up to say he needed some better riding gear. Came around a roundabout pretty slow and still lost the front at not much more than walking pace. Minor damage to the bike and his hip is a little sore but nothing major. I dont like riding at all in the rain. :roll:

Cbr1k
23-05-2004, 06:22 PM
My brother dropped his little cb250 going home on friday night. Rung me up to say he needed some better riding gear. Came around a roundabout pretty slow and still lost the front at not much more than walking pace. Minor damage to the bike and his hip is a little sore but nothing major. I dont like riding at all in the rain. :roll:

Having lived in the N.T rain doesn't bother me except when we only get a sprinkle and the roads are only half dry and the other half is wet and greasy from the oil. At least after a good shower the oil and crap is washed off.

But also what kind of tryes is your bro using?

Boxhead
23-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Always feel like it is gonna slip out ....

he he.....yeah I hate that too Maarken.......... 8)

Pete
23-05-2004, 08:55 PM
i used to be nervise as hell in the rain but you just got to trust your tyres to hold. Now i love it

dugy
23-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Always feel like it is gonna slip out ....

he he.....yeah I hate that too Maarken.......... 8)

Hahahaha

....need knobbly rubber.......for more traction......

Campo
23-05-2004, 09:22 PM
I've done heaps of wet weather riding, very good to get some added experience....I just hate it when my crotch gets wet.

In all seriousness though, it's a great learning curve, just be bloody careful this winter!

djnitrous
23-05-2004, 09:33 PM
I've done heaps of wet weather riding, very good to get some added experience....I just hate it when my crotch gets wet.

In all seriousness though, it's a great learning curve, just be bloody careful this winter!

I know what you mean, thats the only part that gets wet all the time, EVEN NOW DAYS :P