PDA

View Full Version : Rider Down-Armadale Rd

Pure Power
04-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Guy from work got hit by a car last night....cage driver didn't see him :!:
In hospital with badly cut hand and leg due to going thru the windscreen...he should be ok :lol:

Gordo
04-06-2004, 10:32 AM
good to hear he's gonna be ok.

I wonder if today tonight will ever run a story on how cage driver have a total lack of awareness for any other road user ??? :evil: :evil:

hokoyo
04-06-2004, 10:42 AM
When are they going to start charging these people with attempted murder for not seeing bikes?

Gordo
04-06-2004, 10:52 AM
When are they going to start charging these people with attempted murder for not seeing bikes?

Yeah I agree mate, but the authorities probably see it as a clean up campaign :evil: :evil:

mastrmage
04-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Yeah it's pretty fucked up, but it's not totally the drivers fault.. it's a combination of a lot of things that just leaves us at the bottom of the motor-vehicle food chain.

Acceleration, weight, visibility, speed judgement by other cars, road surface, moron drivers, and the education given to these motorists (which I think to be a very big part).

I'm not saying I'm the safest driver out there, but at least I'm aware of the fact, and I take care in being unsafe (time and place as we say!) unlike 90% of those twirps out there that have no clue what they're doing and are oblivious to everything else on the road. Sometimes I scream out the window to these people but it's a futile game.

Deej
04-06-2004, 11:01 AM

I wonder if today tonight will ever run a story on how cage driver have a total lack of awareness for any other road user ??? :evil: :evil:

Donít be silly Gordo. That would be RESPONSIBLE journalism!

Gordo
04-06-2004, 11:11 AM

Donít be silly Gordo. That would be RESPONSIBLE journalism!

maybe the Simpsons might do an article because there is more truth in their shows than on any current affairs type show ...bloody journos..

Klink
04-06-2004, 11:15 AM
RESPONSIBLE JOURNALISM........ now there's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

hokoyo
04-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah it's pretty fucked up, but it's not totally the drivers fault.. it's a combination of a lot of things that just leaves us at the bottom of the motor-vehicle food chain.

Acceleration, weight, visibility, speed judgement by other cars, road surface, moron drivers, and the education given to these motorists (which I think to be a very big part).

I agree that there are other factors, the major ones are that some drivers are unable to judge the speed that bikes accelerate and travel at and some bike riders travel too fast in the wrong environment.

Most modern sports bikes have a 0-100 capability of around 3-4 seconds which is bloody quick, you are stopped at a stop street, look right, nothing, look left nothing, look right again a bike could be on top of you.

If you travel at excessive speed in the city you are taking a much higher risk so save it for the track or your favourite country road.

(gets off soapbox)

Pure Power
04-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Poor guy was on his road/trial and a female driver (so didn't want to say that, but hey not all female drivers are bad :lol: ) pulled out in front him and BANG.

Jarrid
04-06-2004, 12:47 PM
i was taken out by a female driver as well. using today tonights logic and in depth reporting, it is apparent that all motorcycle crashes are the fault of female drivers.

hope the guy is ok.

Blade_954
04-06-2004, 02:46 PM
I too was taken out by a female driver........I can see a pattern forming here.

dugy
04-06-2004, 03:25 PM
DAMN CAGERS!

I nearly went up the back of a car this morning!
This dumb f**k coming the other way down leach hwy did a U-turn right in front of me! :evil: (1BJG-098 Silver Mistushitty Lancer sedan)
Briefly locked it up but caught it, and was about 2 feet from collection the back of him. :evil: :evil: :evil: Bugger me, that got the heart racing!
Hit the horn and gave him the finger as I went past and the look on his face was he had no idea what had happened.

But this guy wasn't to be out done,

On the way home today a 4WD with one of those oversize trailers, pulled out into traffic in front of me, maybe he thought he was in a little WRX or something. :evil: :evil: :evil:

What is it with car drivers? As above, it should be a punishable offence!

Anyway, am home now, all bits intact, have beer in hand. "It's all good" :D

Pure Power
04-06-2004, 04:02 PM
So Dugy it's not just the female species trying to run over bike riders :twisted: Glad to hear you are ok :D

CAD
04-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Djnitrous was taken out by a female...

Armadale is the worst rd in the world for accidents.... its fucking shocking...so many shit drivers etc... people go soooo slow down there, that people have to overtake them just to reach the speed limit... and because its a bad road for overtaking.. WWHHAAMMM!! another cross is planted :(

hope yer werk buddy gets well soon :?

Gordo
04-06-2004, 07:04 PM
well I nearly binned it today too,

It was on the back roads of wanneroo going to malaga went round a corner slowly as it was pissing ,when some bogan twat farmer cunt decided that the apex of the corner would look alot better with a scattering soggy mulch ( which couldnt be seen cause of the water/spray on my visor) :shock: :shock: I thought I was speedway riding for a while but managed to keep it upright whilst sliding towards a big truck that was giving way to me......

fucking bastard cunt twats who over fill there trailers then leave every other poor bastard to clean it up for them...... bahhhh:evil: :evil: :evil:

Cbr1k
04-06-2004, 07:36 PM

I should go out in the rain and get run over so I can get girl's phone numbers. :D

dnd
04-06-2004, 09:16 PM
The law makes us riders keep our headlights on for safety but I dont think it is making an impact. Maybe we should get some flashing neon sign along the lines of, bike coming your way, give way. Most of the time people (cages) dont check thier blinds spots when they turn.

Mydnyt
04-06-2004, 09:50 PM

I should go out in the rain and get run over so I can get girl's phone numbers. :D

If it's middle-aged and old women yr after :wink:

djnitrous
05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Might I comment, a female nigga
I'm sure she was blerk . . . As far as I remember :?

keez
05-06-2004, 02:02 PM

:lol: :lol: :roll:

CAD
06-06-2004, 01:16 PM

Indian...close :P fair call! :D