PDA

View Full Version : *** Ben Martin *** Read This....My 2 Cents

spun
09-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Now to all who know me, you will know that I don't get upset often if at all, but I was deeply offended by what was written in the West Australian. Let me recap an incident for you Mr Martin that happened only a couple of days ago. Now before you write off this because of the 2 vehicles involved just remember that no matter what size the engine 2 wheels is 2 wheels. On my birthday 5th June I was on my way home in my car. As I putted down Leach Hwy I come across 2 cars with hazards (1 a taxi and 1 a hire car Corolla). I then see a lifeless body lying on the road and noone attending to him. Being the person I am I pull over dial 000 notify the police and the ambo's go to turn my car around and there in front of me is a mangled scooter. I park my car in a side street and get out to assist.

Now to cut a long story short, the guy on the scooter was not seen by the driver, he was unresponsive but breathing and when the police arrived the driver changed his story to make it the guy on the scooters fault. I still haven't heard how this guy is, but I'm sure from what I saw he was lucky to still be breathing.

Now Mr Martin you explain to me how we as 2 wheeled motorists are a meance to society. This particular incident doesn't even make the news because it is deemed as not important enough. I think we need to look at driving and riding education in general rather than picking out 1 particular group and victimising them because of misdemeanours...so instead of ridiculing and victimising groups and making out that what your particular article was about was a road safety issue and not another revenue raising bitch and moan, lets educate everyone to start thinking about whats around them rather than whats just going on in front.

Gordo
09-06-2004, 05:54 PM
good words Spun, but unfortunatly general society is not only blind to us but deaf too..And the pollies will just see it as a natural cull of us menaces..After all we don't support them coz we evade fines....

Hope the guy makes it . :cry:

Dubs
09-06-2004, 07:40 PM
happy birfday dood

DUBS

Clancy
10-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Bugger! Did you get that riders name and which hospital he went to, we need to keep tabs on him a see if he's ok or at least still alive.

Hmm, I had a close call myself recently.
I was nearly cleaned up at a roundabout last weekend, I had right of way and he(a "P" plater, driving the latest HSV ute) flew strait through, without looking right or even slowing down. He missed my front wheel by about a foot and still didn't stop, he just kept going.
I don't think he even new I was there, even tho It was the middle of the day, I had my lights on(and indicating) and my bike is bright blue!
I sure gave my brakes a workout and being in the process of cornering at the time made it quite scary, I thought that I was road-kill for sure.
I don't know how I kept the bike upright. I should have chased after him and put my fist through his righthand window, he obviously never uses it!

CAD
10-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Bugger! Did you get that riders name and which hospital he went to, we need to keep tabs on him a see if he's ok or at least still alive.

Hmm, I had a close call myself recently.
I was nearly cleaned up at a roundabout last weekend, I had right of way and he(a \"P\" plater, driving the latest HSV ute) flew strait through, without looking right or even slowing down. He missed my front wheel by about a foot and still didn't stop, he just kept going.
I don't think he even new I was there, even tho It was the middle of the day, I had my lights on(and indicating) and my bike is bright blue!
I sure gave my brakes a workout and being in the process of cornering at the time made it quite scary, I thought that I was road-kill for sure.
I don't know how I kept the bike upright. I should have chased after him and put my fist through his righthand window, he obviously never uses it!

kick the side mirror off.... its easier....and pisses em off just as much...

and chances are he saw u afterwards....but didnt care...typical cage driving P Plater....