PDA

View Full Version : query about testing on racetracks

sathid
14-06-2004, 09:39 PM
hey guys, i'm not a racer, (but i'd like to have a go on some track days at some stage) but i would love to take my bike onto a track and test it out a bit (especially after the major suspension and brake mods i have coming soon) and was wondering if theres anywhere around that people can do this kind of thing. obviously the motorplex is not the best for testing brakes and suspension! lol.
my road riding experience is still fairly limited (tho done plenty of riding offroad - totally different kettle of fish tho. lol) so i'd love to get out there and have a go.

gohan
15-06-2004, 01:33 AM
book a racecraft course.best way to learn (94091002) or check out there website http://mcrcwa.com.au/

hokoyo
15-06-2004, 08:09 AM
There is one this Sunday (20 June).

You can test your brakes on any bend, if they work you go round the corner, if they dont you go into the sand :)

Fenris
15-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Gave them a ring today to see if there were any spots left for the one on Sunday since the weather's looking good, but they're all full up :(

So the next one looks like August 14.

PrestigeCBR
15-06-2004, 08:42 PM
As Gohan said, ask for Denise.

If booked out, and you got nothing to do that day turn up in the morning and someone has pulled out or just not turned up you may snick a spot 8)

sathid
16-06-2004, 12:31 PM
i'll have to wait until i can afford some leathers. (using draggin jeans and a REALLY old leather riding jacket (from the IOM...it's even got a woolen neck!)
besides. i've got to get the new gear on the bike. and that could take a while! lol