PDA

View Full Version : Bunbury Race Track - Update

PrestigeCBR
17-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Last Update: Thursday, June 17, 2004. 1:36pm (AEST)

Racetrack proponents welcome Govt decision
A $30 million international racing circuit is to be built in Western Australia's south-west after gaining environmental approval.

Environment Minister Judy Edwards has placed conditions on the project after reviewing appeals about the level of noise it will create for surrounding residents.

She says an emergency evacuation plan needs to be developed and restrictions will be placed on operations at the Bunbury Airport during big events.

The racetrack organisers welcomed the decision and yesterday flew to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia to begin organising a Japanese GT Series event for next year.

Dr Edwards says the conditions must be strictly adhered to.

"All these conditions have been discussed with the proponent and my understanding is they believe they can live with these and they are happy the project's proceeding," he said.

:lol: :lol: Now lets get on with it and build it 8)

Gonz1
18-06-2004, 10:15 AM
wicked, are we gonna be able to use it for track days :?:
i hope so, nothing against wannaroo but it would be good to have a bigger track to go to :wink:

19-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Calvin,

Have you heard the rumour that bikes won't be allowed to ride at the proposed Bunbury Track due to noise levels?

That English guy that lives in Bunbury mentioned it at the track.

Where is he anyway? Wasn't he supposed to be coming racing and have a hotted up 600rr?

FireStorm
20-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Calvin,

Have you heard the rumour that bikes won't be allowed to ride at the proposed Bunbury Track due to noise levels?

Where is he anyway? Wasn't he supposed to be coming racing and have a hotted up 600rr?

dude i dont know if u have ever been to a v8 supercars round at babragello but trust me the V8's are louder than any bike i have heard flog around wannaroo. And i don't see them building a track that only Japanese GT series cars are allowed to flog around once a year bit of a waste of money i think.

Besides. People in bunbury are petrol heads. u think they gonna say no to more motorsports in their inbred hicksville... err imean town?

PrestigeCBR
20-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Calvin,

Thats right :oops: He was living next door to one of the Bunbury Council members who told him that the bikes were not going to happen :evil:

With any luck, once it's built the bikes will be allowed to run on the track.

Maybe Ben could give some information on the issue, what has the club heard :?:

Ben
21-06-2004, 11:11 AM
The last i heard is that we will be allowed to use the track but the question is will we be able to afford the track hire!

PrestigeCBR
21-06-2004, 11:38 AM
The last i heard is that we will be allowed to use the track but the question is will we be able to afford the track hire!

Any idea how much :?:

Out of a 5 round series, is it posible to get two rounds there?

Ben
21-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Thats what we were looking at, a couple of races a year there maybe.
Still nothing firm...... I want to see that tarmac on the ground before i get my hopes up. Wanneroo costs us close to $3,000 to hire for a day so this new circuit won't be cheap.

Gordo
21-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Calvin,

dude i dont know if u have ever been to a v8 supercars round at babragello but trust me the V8's are louder than any bike i have heard flog around wannaroo. And i don't see them building a track that only Japanese GT series cars are allowed to flog around once a year bit of a waste of money i think.

Besides. People in bunbury are petrol heads. u think they gonna say no to more motorsports in their inbred hicksville... err imean town?

Dude as you know I live pretty close to Barbagello and I'd say that I can hear the bikes more than the cars... Infact I don't think I heard the V8's this at all... But I could clearly( not loudly ) hear the bikes.. :D no complaints though :lol:

Mydnyt
21-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Don't think it's really the V8's that are an issue for noise, more the Nippon races. Apparently limited to 50 hours per year. Saw the noise level charts when was intended to be in Oakford.
I know then it was going to be open to bikes as well, because they can't justify the expense without opening it up to other events. Fair chance that will happen down there.
my 2 cents :)