PDA

View Full Version : Today Tonight, why?

Mr John
02-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Do we need another Today Tonight post? Probably not, but I just want to ask why anybody would take TT seriously in the first place. I haven't had a TV for months so unfortunately I missed the whole Perth-Crazyass-Human-Catapult-Biker-Hoon story but I'm overnighting at a hotel for work & turned on the TV in the room. Flicking through the channels I came across a TT special on vinyl handbags and clutch purses. Now though they have little bearing on my daily life I can understand that vinyl accessories might be of interest to some people but I can't for the life of me see how it could justify half an hour of TV programming broadcast state wide. I mean, seriously WTF???? Is there nothing more interesting to put time & effort into that comparing six $15 handbags? 100,000 years of human evolution, what a piece of work is man(and women obviously but I'm borrowing Shakespeare here), how noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of wank? Has Channel 7 got nothing more worthwhile to invest the resources in? Are the producers/programmers really that fucked up? What a huge insult to the state's collective intelligence that this is all they can bothered to present. Now I seriously have lost all my mirth, and wherefore I know not. *******************

Edited by Klink

Deza
02-07-2004, 12:14 PM
http://img58.photobucket.com/albums/v178/ausiedeza/bill.jpg

Klink
02-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Mr John, are you very intelligent?... or just trying to sound intelligent?

By the fact that you are stating the obvious... and repeating a whole lot of what's already been said, i'll let the viewers decide.

Thirdly, I've edited the last sentence of your post. Do NOT make threats against people's lives on this forum. You have been warned.