PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN: Spikes R1

Spike
02-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Between 1830 and 2100 on friday the 2nd July my bike was stolen from hoyts Garden City Borragoon, Rego is 1BK-786 it's a Silver 03 R1 with a matt black tail.
Locked under the rear seat were my Arai Rx7-rr Colin Edwards Replica and Sophie's Cirrus, Both lids were Predominantly Red with silver, white and black bits on them.
Locked IN the rear seat were my gp gloves and soph's

Any help will be appreciated

PrestigeCBR
02-07-2004, 10:07 PM
You got to be shitting me :shock:

You would have to be the most unlucky bastard on a bike, I take it your up for another $3,000 excess :evil:

Sorry to hear it :cry: will keep an eye / ear out for it.

sp500
02-07-2004, 10:26 PM
sheeeeeaaat, will be riding around this weekend so I'll try and remember that rego... :(

Jono
02-07-2004, 10:31 PM
fffffffaaaarrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkk i too will be out and about. I keep an eye out too... fucken paranoid about mine... i got the 02 silver... not good to hear man. Hope all turns out well.

Luke
02-07-2004, 10:31 PM
sorry to hear, will look out for it

Cbr1k
02-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Its time to start Lynching these c*nts.

Blade_954
02-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Thats bullshit........sorry to hear Spike.

It's about time the "wait-n-pounce" van job came into effect I think. :twisted:

Nath
02-07-2004, 11:27 PM
You're one unlucky bastard....

I don't understand it though... surley there are other bikes around with less "Character" than yours ?

Spike
02-07-2004, 11:32 PM

I don't understand it though... surley there are other bikes around with less "Character" than yours ?
It SHITS me to no end.....I had JUST gotten the bike back to perfect condition....there wasn't a scratch on it....the tail was painted matt black Everything was fine....i was gunna clean it on saturday to put the stickers on it to finish the job....FUCK I'M PISSED

Nath
02-07-2004, 11:35 PM

It SHITS me to no end.....I had JUST gotten the bike back to perfect condition....there wasn't a scratch on it....the tail was painted matt black Everything was fine....i was gunna clean it on saturday to put the stickers on it to finish the job....FUCK I'M PISSED

Ahh... damn... last time i saw it it was still in bog/primer.

Was it parked under the cinema in that big bay next to the exit ? I park mine there all the time... I figured it would be the safest spot in that place..

Spike
02-07-2004, 11:46 PM

Ahh... damn... last time i saw it it was still in bog/primer.

Was it parked under the cinema in that big bay next to the exit ? I park mine there all the time... I figured it would be the safest spot in that place..

EXACTLY where i had mine mate......I guess it's not that safe...it was there for 2.5 hours....1830 till 2100...well when i came out at 2100 it was gone.....nah the bog was all sanded back and it was painted and pretty much ready to put stickers on

Nath
02-07-2004, 11:51 PM
EXACTLY where i had mine mate......I guess it's not that safe...it was there for 2.5 hours....1830 till 2100...well when i came out at 2100 it was gone.....nah the bog was all sanded back and it was painted and pretty much ready to put stickers on

There's usually allot of human traffic through there which I guess is what gives it that safe feeling... I must admit i've never looked but I dont guess there is any security cameras in there....I'm thinking not as they would have to be pretty stupid if there was.

dugy
03-07-2004, 12:31 AM
:shock:

Shit dude. Really sorry to hear that. :(

Will keep my eyes open. If I see that rego I'll run it over.

gpx_gal
03-07-2004, 11:00 AM
WTF???!?!

Will tell a few ppl I know to be on the look out.

Guess its the only r1 with a black tail, should be relatively easy to spot??

<hugs>

Daise
03-07-2004, 12:48 PM
HOLY SHIT DUDE i heard it on the scanner last night, and i said to AzzaA "i wonder if that's Spike's..."

Damn dude i hope they find it in one peice...

I'll keep an eye out at work and tell my Cott boys to look out for it...

Ben250
03-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Fuck that sux. I too thought that parking spot was very safe :evil:

Must have been a van jobby? did you have steering lock or anything on?

Will keep a look out, sorry to hear about it.

Maarken
03-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Mansorry about that dude .... What is it with thieves and the 03 silver r1's ??? Thank goodness i ride a blade ....

Hope you get it back dude .....

Klink
03-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Thank goodness i ride a blade ....

Yeah, noone wants to steal a blade now do they? :lol:

Spike
03-07-2004, 08:26 PM

get IT back????? I don't know about getting IT back......there's no more new 03's left and that 04 looks like a MIGHTY fine replacement :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

FireStorm
04-07-2004, 07:14 PM

get IT back????? I don't know about getting IT back......there's no more new 03's left and that 04 looks like a MIGHTY fine replacement :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah funny how theres topic u posted about which colour 04 R1 looks better the silver or grey. and now the 03 is mysteriously missing!

coincidence? i think not...

nah jk man. sorry to hear... its a long walk to work....

Deej
04-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear Shoes. Know how it feels.

Lets hope you get it back because your insurance company is going to make your life difficult..... guaranteed.

mastrmage
05-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Well that's a kick in the teeth.. but at least you got the PSB community on the look-out.

Good luck with the whole situation!

Klink
05-07-2004, 12:46 PM

Ummm i'd be reading my policy if I were you. The policy states that the replacement motorcycle has to be an identical make, model and year.

There is no way they will replace your 03 with an 04.

Your only option would be to be paid out then go and start again and purchase an 04. If you are planning to finance, you'll need comprehensive insurance. I think you'll be shit out of luck there too, you might find it hard to get insurance at all... let alone affordable insurance.

Hewie
05-07-2004, 12:53 PM

Ummm i'd be reading my policy if I were you. The policy states that the replacement motorcycle has to be an identical make, model and year.

Your only option would be to be paid out then go and start again and purchase an 04. If you are planning to finance, you'll need comprehensive insurance. I think you'll be shit out of luck there too, you might find it hard to get insurance at all... let alone affordable insurance.

sorry to hear that one mate ..

yup ... unfortunately .. and theres a black and red one down in causeway still.... at a guess ull get the choice... take the market value ... ie 15k or there abouts or .. take any new r1 they can find ... either way not the best outcome for u.

mastrmage
05-07-2004, 01:04 PM
C'mon guys give him a break, some bastard's just nicked his pride and joy. Dont kick him while he's down.. wait till he gets up again at least ;)

Was just thinkin, Klink, your bike got flogged from outside the movies too. Maybe they're scrying for movie-goers with helmets/jackets and waiting till the movie starts then going outside and gankin the bike.

sathid
05-07-2004, 02:26 PM
i remember an article i read, on the web somewhere (followed a link from another forum) about a uk mob, who, once sick and tired of thier bikes getting nicked and the cops not being able to do anything, decided to set up a vigilante group.
so what they did, was set out some bait - a bike, on it's own, fairly deserted place, and about 4 of them hid in a van waiting for someone to try and nick it.
the guy who wrote the article was allowed along, and they waited for 4 nights, and then when some bloke came along and started trying to flog it, they jumped out, dragged him into the van, and beat him senseless.
but made sure he was concious so that they could tell him to tell all his bike stealing mates that they had better watch out.
lol
NOT something i condone, or suggest, but i bet after a few bike thieves got thier heads kicked in the theft rate dropped.
lol
i'll see if i can find the link.
and of you cbr forum guys might remember it

Deej
05-07-2004, 02:44 PM
I hate pukes that steal shit. Being a victim myself, I would be into something like that.

Klink
05-07-2004, 02:58 PM
C'mon guys give him a break, some bastard's just nicked his pride and joy. Dont kick him while he's down.. wait till he gets up again at least ;)

Was just thinkin, Klink, your bike got flogged from outside the movies too. Maybe they're scrying for movie-goers with helmets/jackets and waiting till the movie starts then going outside and gankin the bike.

Who's kicking him? I'm just informing him that what he is hoping for just isnt going to happen.

Jarrid
05-07-2004, 03:42 PM
i'll see if i can find the link.
and of you cbr forum guys might remember it

they had an article on that in one of the pommy bike mags (PB or Superbike) about 4 or 5 years ago. they used a daytona as bait (might need something better over here :wink: ) and pounded the shit out of some punk who tryed to nick it.

they all wore those rubber masks as well. i remember one was rambo and i think one was saddam hussein (before he was a dishevelled hobo).

Deej
05-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Maybe you can get masks made to the faces of bike racers.

So when the thief gets picked up by the ambo after being pummled shitless, he can wisper out the side of his swolen, toothless face "coff...splutter.......I was beaten up by Valentino Rossi and Micky D".

ChOOkiE
05-07-2004, 03:57 PM
But that wouldn't be all would it Deej?
"and Valentino told me not to take his Apache again"

Deej
05-07-2004, 06:16 PM
werd

Spike
05-07-2004, 06:41 PM

sorry to hear that one mate ..

yup ... unfortunately .. and theres a black and red one down in causeway still.... at a guess ull get the choice... take the market value ... ie 15k or there abouts or .. take any new r1 they can find ... either way not the best outcome for u.

Klink: Actually the guys at Five Star rekon i would get an 04

Hewie: Actually I've got Gap cover insurance, therefore i'd get the full $25k which is what i financed....so i wouldn't have any debt at all

Gordo
05-07-2004, 07:07 PM
mmmmm sounds like it might all work out in your favour then :idea: :idea:

Deej
05-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Spike can you put up a photo of your bike in the condition it was in when it was nicked so we know what to keep an eye out for.

It had bog and no stickers on the back is that correct?

Hewie
06-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Klink: Actually the guys at Five Star rekon i would get an 04

Hewie: Actually I've got Gap cover insurance, therefore i'd get the full $25k which is what i financed....so i wouldn't have any debt at all

mate im not trying to argue with u .. if u get a 04 for it .. good work ..

check with swann as to their cat 5 that they have introduced .. after a convo with deej the other day im not impressed and i have a 65% ncb and no accidents to my name

the long and the short of it is ... swann have a new cat for most of the 04 litre class bikes .. and it is stupidly expensive ... and after claiming u may find it difficult to get covered by a different insurer ie QBE as u have a history.

so u will have a nice new 04 R1 .. but either cant get the cheaper insurance with another company or have to insure it with swan and pay a LARGE sum of money ... either way its not a good look .. no insurance is a breech of most secured finance policys .. (true i dont now wat urs is but im thinking generally)

and before u take offence .. im not trying to pick on u merely offering a objective view ...

take a deep breath ..and step back and look at the big picture here ..

u may get a 04 R1 .. but ...

wats it going to cost u to :
run
insure - can u get it for a decent price ..
secure ? alarm ? imobilise ?
replace helmets .. gloves ... etc .. and get urself on track.

maybe do a bit of a ring around and do some homework on these things before u say yup ill take one.. at the end of the day the companies ur dealing with dont give a shit .. they will just sue u to recover thier costs.

maybe taking the 03 is the better option ... atleast it wont send u to the wall ... and it will give u the time to recover from these set backs.

Mr John
06-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Hey, I just read the thread from the start, really shitty news Spike, sorry to hear.

CAD
06-07-2004, 03:34 PM
did you leave the keys in it? :shock: :P

Pete
06-07-2004, 04:48 PM
mate let them pay it out and hopefully you break even. You dont want a replacement get rid of the loans and start again save your money. dont dig the dept hole any deaper for the sake of a R1

Gordo
06-07-2004, 05:08 PM
good advice Pete.

Chris
06-07-2004, 05:29 PM
04 ZX10R is a cat 4 bike. Not a cat 5.

Got it straight from the horse's arse. ;)

FireStorm
06-07-2004, 09:31 PM
04 ZX10R is a cat 4 bike. Not a cat 5.

Got it straight from the horse's arse. ;)

dats cause a kwaka's not fast enough :):):):)

Pete
07-07-2004, 09:48 AM
It doesnt matter either way. If you are gonna be paying 3g's + a year on insurance pa. U got to think is it really worth it.

Weather it is because of your age or driving record you have been catagorized. Its not personal the insurance company is taking a gamble on you (relate to odds on a horse race). If you are 19 then it is reasonable to assume that you may act like a 19yr old sometimes. How many times did you get in trouble when u were 19?

If you cant afford the the latest and greatest dont buy the latest and greatest. And if you make a mistake step back look at it and dont make it again. Remember the mistakes you make now can affect the rest of your life.

fvcken plenty of reliable 6's +9's around from $5-9k. Learn to ride em and you will still be quicker then most latest and greatest wannabees

my 1c

Deej
07-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Personally pete, I recon thats worth much more than 1c, you got it right on the button.

Hewie
07-07-2004, 12:09 PM
ill give ya 3c for it :lol:

Chris
07-07-2004, 01:27 PM
It doesnt matter either way. If you are gonna be paying 3g's + a year on insurance pa. U got to think is it really worth it.

Weather it is because of your age or driving record you have been catagorized. Its not personal the insurance company is taking a gamble on you (relate to odds on a horse race). If you are 19 then it is reasonable to assume that you may act like a 19yr old sometimes. How many times did you get in trouble when u were 19?

If you cant afford the the latest and greatest dont buy the latest and greatest. And if you make a mistake step back look at it and dont make it again. Remember the mistakes you make now can affect the rest of your life.

fvcken plenty of reliable 6's +9's around from $5-9k. Learn to ride em and you will still be quicker then most latest and greatest wannabees

my 1c

Good post mate. :)

BK ZX-12R
07-07-2004, 09:01 PM
sorry to hear spike just read post from the start! anynews yet?

Deej
08-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Spike have u spoken with Garden City Centre Management Security? (Ph 9364 7911) They have cameras all over that joint and no doubt will have somthing to look at. They also have a number of covert cameras in areas that you would not expect. They also have foot patrols that may have seen somthing :?: Wots the latest. :?:

Spike
12-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Sorry bout not replying for a while, My internet's been offline........Deej, I didn't know they had cameras....I'll give them a call shortly, I recieved the claim form in the mail and it's goin in tomorrow, after talking with soph about it and other stuff......if i do get the choice i will be taking a payout and getting a el cheapo car till i can afford two wheeled pleasure again :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'll keep all of you informed on the progress of it all......oh yeah and Deej, .......my bike was a Bone stock Silver 03 R1 with a matt black dove tail. if anyone can photoshop a pic of the Silver 03 and put a matt black tail on it i would be gratefull. I'm pretty sure it will be the ONLY Silver R1 with a matt black tail in perth

Thanks for all of your replies and keep them up

*EDIT* Just rang up garden city.....they don't have cameras in any of the carparks......they have one camera (camera 35) that can point at Hoyts but it was pointed in the food court that night

Blade_954
12-07-2004, 06:38 PM
With your run of bad luck lately Spike, I'd say that's a bloody good decision you've made.

Hope something good can come out of all this. :P

dugy
13-07-2004, 03:48 PM
my bike was a Bone stock Silver 03 R1 with a matt black dove tail. if anyone can photoshop a pic of the Silver 03 and put a matt black tail on it i would be gratefull.

Something like this?

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/doug1277/SpikeR1.jpg

Bulbous
13-07-2004, 04:05 PM
nah, dugy, he had an '03 model, not an '04..... nice work though :D

dugy
13-07-2004, 04:30 PM
nah, dugy, he had an '03 model, not an '04..... nice work though :D

DOH! Just like me, not to read something properly. :oops:

dugy
13-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Ok, here it is, final attempt.

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/doug1277/SpikeR1-03.jpg

Spike
13-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Yeah thats pretty much it.......but the black was allmost identical (blended perfectly) with the seat and frame colour........so you all get the picture.

dugy
13-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Before you ask, yes, me is REALLY bored.

Is this better? If not feel free to buy me some new software. :P :wink: (Adobe 5 is getting old)

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/doug1277/SpikeR1-03b.jpg

Spike
13-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Yeah dude thats pretty much it......I'm pretty sure it's a one and only colour scheme in perth so hopefully someone will see it

Bulbous
13-07-2004, 07:24 PM
that actually looks pretty mint as a paintjob..... not bad at all :D

Spike
13-07-2004, 07:29 PM
that actually looks pretty mint as a paintjob..... not bad at all :D

Yeah it did.....in real life the tail actually blended in with the seat, frame and black farings so it was like silver top front and rear lower and black middle front and top rear, like a black slice in a silver bike.....it looked BLOODY AWESOME, if i do get another 03 R1 i will paint the tail black straight away cos it lookes better than the silver

Daise
13-07-2004, 09:49 PM
i will be taking a payout and getting a el cheapo car

two words:

license

insurance.

i recommend both.

Deej
14-07-2004, 01:00 AM
if i do get another 03 R1

LALALALALAL Cant here you LALALALALALA

Klink
14-07-2004, 08:22 AM
if i do get another 03 R1

I'll be selllin the TROGDOR soon... watch this space

Deza
19-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Hehe i went rock climbing sunday and saw a ute parkout outside with a big sticker on the back window with trodor the burninator on it. anyone from here?