PDA

View Full Version : Skidding off freeway into a multinova..?

mastrmage
06-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Did anyone hear about this guy that panicked and hit the anchors too hard after seeing a camera and skidded off the freeway and smashed into a light pole and multinova?

It was on Sunday night, I drove past a whole bunch of cops and saw skid marks veering off the road and into a pole where the multinova was.

Any news? Was he trying to take out the multinova or was it a legit accident?

Hey, multinovas must help save lives after all. :roll:

Hewie
06-07-2004, 12:53 PM
i didnt hear about that incident .. but it has happened a couple of times now ..

the last time i remember some little old lady slammed on the anchors and whiped out the camera her car and half the van the operator was sitting in ..

Deej
06-07-2004, 02:36 PM
I read an article once about a guy in the states who's 12 guage shotty had an accidental discharge...... 3 times ...... as he drove past a multinova.

Hewie
06-07-2004, 02:46 PM
I read an article once about a guy in the states who's 12 guage shotty had an accidental discharge...... 3 times ...... as he drove past a multinova.

shocking ........ i hate it when that happens

Flakey
06-07-2004, 03:08 PM
I've seen some pics from the UK where the permanent ones on poles have car tyres that are on fire on them... :shock:

Must be a serious black spot if cars are loosing tyres and bursting into flames... :shock:

Deza
07-07-2004, 11:07 AM

:wink: :idea: :idea: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Maarken
09-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Y eah i think that was the one i rode past .....

But did you notice the multi was facing backwards !!!!! Yes they were testing a rear facing camera .....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Boxhead
10-07-2004, 11:05 AM
shocking ........ i hate it when that happens

Ha ha, what he said :lol: :lol:

FraG
11-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Y eah i think that was the one i rode past .....

But did you notice the multi was facing backwards !!!!! Yes they were testing a rear facing camera .....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

NOOOO!!!!!

mastrmage
12-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Rear facing camera? I thought it was facing the wrong way cause the dude smashed into it.

Damn :(

2Fly
12-07-2004, 04:58 PM
ive been behind people on roads before that are doing 50km hour in a 60 zone and still have hit the skids ....... AGHHHHHH!

Maarken
12-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Rear facing camera? I thought it was facing the wrong way cause the dude smashed into it.

Damn :(

Nah if you noticed Matt ... The green sign that says * U have just passed a Speed camera * Blah Blah, was facing the other way aswell and he didn't hit that ....

mastrmage
13-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Is the writing on the sign in ambulance "ecnalubma" style so you can read it in your rear-view too? :)

ChOOkiE
13-07-2004, 01:04 PM
2Fly:

That Avatar of yours is hypnotic!! :shock:

Mr John
03-08-2004, 11:23 AM
I've seen some pics from the UK where the permanent ones on poles have car tyres that are on fire on them... :shock:

Must be a serious black spot if cars are loosing tyres and bursting into flames... :shock:

This the kind of thing you were talking about?
http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

It seems a real shame that so many cameras can get so bady damaged!!

Flakey
03-08-2004, 12:46 PM
:shock:

There seems to be an epidemic... I think they need to install more to cover the repair costs... :roll:

:D

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/g125.jpg

Maarken
03-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh that brings back memories .... The good ol English reverse speed camera's ....

I remember them well ...

ChOOkiE
03-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I have a feeling that if the state continues to push multinovas, we'll see some angry citizens turning against them as they have in the site which was provided's pictures.

Clancy
06-08-2004, 05:43 PM
I think it's time to rise up! Break the shackels of these oppressive road laws, and take back the hwy! Weve been far too quite for far too long!
The revolution has to come sooner or later! It might as well be now...

As long as I get to shoot some lawyers, I'll be happy! :twisted:

elitemotorcycletraining
13-08-2004, 04:18 PM
hey guys, just wondering if anyone here uses any spray or reflective paint on there licence plate??? Does it work??? Just preparing for those multinova's when they bring in the rear camera????

zx6r freek
14-08-2004, 01:31 AM
hey guys, just wondering if anyone here uses any spray or reflective paint on there licence plate??? Does it work??? Just preparing for those multinova's when they bring in the rear camera????

There was a topic a few months back aboot this. The today tonight show did a few tests with this stuff and apparently they don't work as the piggies seem to be getting smart and use comupter software to get rid of the flare which the spray creates on the number plate.
I've used it once n it got me...maybe i didn't put enough on or something
and my uncle has used it many of times and says hes been past 3 cameras that definetly flashed him but never got the fine.

Suppose you could try it out yourself by takin a flash photo with the spray on n see if you can detect you rego plate by mucking around with adobe photoshop or something.

anyway my 2 cents hope was helpful

mystery
26-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Multanovas can already be legally faced backwards, as a friend of mine found out after being pinged not far from manjimup. Come november, most, if not all will be facing backwards. It was only a matter of time...

TRX
26-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Multanovas can already be legally faced backwards, as a friend of mine found out after being pinged not far from manjimup...

*cough* *coubullshitgh* *cough*

either your friend is having you on, or heisnt vey smart. If the picture was taken from the back, he can easily argue successfully that it was not him driving, and get off yada yada yada.................

Melkor
26-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Multanovas can already be legally faced backwards, as a friend of mine found out after being pinged not far from manjimup...

either your friend is having you on, or heisnt vey smart. If the picture was taken from the back, he can easily argue successfully that it was not him driving, and get off yada yada yada.................

Exactamundo TRX. They CAN be turned around but the facility in which such a charge can be contested is greatly increased by the lack of Driver ID.

Gordo
26-08-2004, 05:10 PM
to what extent will they go to verify the driver, IE, my wife had her pic taken in my car ( regd in my name ) then the fine came to me, so I viewed the pic then returned the fine saying it wasn't me. Now I have recieved a stat dec form so will they If I say I didn't have the keys will they pursue the picture with my wife ?

If you can make any sence of that :roll:

Brougham
26-08-2004, 05:59 PM
the direction i received from the govt is that if you don't ID the driver to them on the fine form and claim you don't know who it was, then the owner of the car receives the fine. apparently that's in the laws now and has been for over a year.

Nigel
26-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Yep. Onus of responsibility falls on the registered owner now.

Melkor
26-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Owner onus has always been part of the Road Traffic Act, check section 58 Duty to Identfy Driver...

However, this section has a loophole which states that if it is not "in your power" to ID the driver then that provides you with a defence to the charge.

So if your missus is driving your car and blows a Nova and when you get the ticket and you can't ID the driver in the picture you have a defence.

I get sick of how many times I have to repeat this ;)

Gordo
27-08-2004, 11:46 AM
thanks Max, but it's still just a little unclear, Can you repeat that :?: :?: :lol:

MoNtArOo
27-08-2004, 11:55 AM
As long as I get to shoot some lawyers, I'll be happy! :twisted:

I work with about 100 of them........I can T up a line up for you :lol:

P.S no im not a lawyer I just work with them

mystery
01-09-2004, 12:17 PM

Which then comes back on his girlfriend, as it was her ute he was driving at the time, sorry, i should have mentioned it was a car.
Didn't know about it until SHE got the fine. At the end of the day, one of them had to claim responsibility, as the fine was clear as day.
I will try and scan in a pic of the fine if I can.