PDA

View Full Version : And In The News Today....(20/9)

spun
20-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Well ladies and gents it seems the new push now for Labor is to introduce a monkey see, hoon lose his bike policy...Citizens will be allowed, under the proposed changes to the new Anti Hoon Laws, to make sworn statements. Now this may be me, but does it seem like, the lack of number plate visibilty and other various loopholes are going to start to "emerge" ??? I for one, if said changes occur, will be looking to invest in my plates not being readily visible....just my 2 cents....thought y'all might like to know...

Klink
20-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Even if your plate is visible... if you were to go to court: citizen statement vs. citizen statements are pretty piss weak.

Pete
20-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Yeah but if your the hoon chances are nanna gonna be a pretty good witness. But as discussed in another thread it still has to be tabled and passed in paliment before they can do shit. And im an opimist so i go with since it was dropped because it was dumb. It most likely will be dropped again because it is dumb. Go on The West keep printing about it and associating hoons with every death on our roads eventurly everybody will see you have a political agenda.

dugy
20-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Wouldn't the whole "Proof of identity" thing stuff it up?

How they going to identify ya thru the helmet?

bastett
20-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh god, not citizens... how many stories have I read in which an accident occurs and the car involved and all the neighbours swear the bike was doing 120+ on its rear wheel? Even when physically impossible.

Well, I think I'm gonna leave the state

ChOOkiE
20-09-2004, 10:29 AM
All I can say is if this goes through.. time for 40+ people to make a statement about grant dorrington doing 190km/h through a 40km/h zone.. hey.. it must be true because citizens said so. If they want the law in.. I say give it to them and make all the politicians lose their cars.. see how long it takes them to change it back!!

Hewie
20-09-2004, 11:20 AM
im with chookie ..... be a good way for bikers to get rogue drivers off the street ..

we could put up a forum ... lodge the rego of the dick that just ran u off the road then everyone complain .. eventually we'd have the roads to ourselves :lol: :lol:

2Fly
20-09-2004, 12:51 PM
hahah more likely you'll just have cage drivers converting to bikes :P

Its ridiculous - need to get the bitch Michelle Roberts out of power.

sathid
20-09-2004, 03:28 PM
imagine if labour won the federal election...
every state and federal government body in australia would be run by labour....
scary. lol

i like this reporting pollies and dodgy drivers idea.
theres been a few indicents i'd like to have reported.
does this only apply to "hoons" or to generally dangerous fucks as well?

RT
20-09-2004, 04:05 PM
It cant work cause there are too many old wingers that will report hoon activities everyday, the cops will just start telling them to get a life.

Number plate covered...........check
finger ready to give finger......check
bike ready to mono...............check
face ready for big grin :D ......check

Hewie
20-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Number plate covered...........check

plate replaced with someone elses .. check

Nick7r
20-09-2004, 05:27 PM
yeh like he siad

report dangerous drivers that try to kill me/us

ill put that number on quick dial on my phone!

2Fly
21-09-2004, 11:50 AM
*put car in reverse ..... knocks rider unconsicenous so cant remember hoon number or car ..... floors it away*

*jk* :P

ChOOkiE
21-09-2004, 11:54 AM
*just remembers bouncing titties* .. gotta be 2fly ;)