PDA

View Full Version : Up Coming Racecraft Weekend - Who's Going?

PrestigeCBR
06-11-2004, 09:18 PM
As most would know MCRCWA are running there annual racecraft weekend on November 27th and 28th.

Registration Forms are available from there web site, www.mcrcwa.com.au

I would suggest a move on before it becomes booked out, like previous racecraft days held this year.

I believe MA licenced riders have to do Sunday.
Racecraft Novice and Racecraft Advanced classes are both days.

So who's going and what day? so we race riders don't get an option what day we do.

gohan
07-11-2004, 09:53 PM
[quote]

So who's going and what day?

WTF :shock: im suppose to do both days.

PrestigeCBR
07-11-2004, 10:30 PM
[quote]

So who's going and what day?

WTF :shock: im suppose to do both days.

That's what my registration form is telling me :? will they get you marshalling on Saturday??

Nick7r
08-11-2004, 07:58 AM
this the form

http://www.mcrcwa.com.au/index_pages/Racec...ing_%20Form.doc (http://www.mcrcwa.com.au/index_pages/Racecraft_Booking_%20Form.doc)

what course should i got in? Iv done John Greens B+C course twice now..

Novice or Advanced?

and would it worth joing MCRC.. ? but the memebersip runs out on 30/11/04

PrestigeCBR
08-11-2004, 08:33 AM
this the form

http://www.mcrcwa.com.au/index_pages/Racec...ing_%20Form.doc (http://www.mcrcwa.com.au/index_pages/Racecraft_Booking_%20Form.doc)

what course should i got in? Iv done John Greens B+C course twice now..

Novice or Advanced?

and would it worth joing MCRC.. ? but the memebersip runs out on 30/11/04

Depends on whether you had done racecraft before, if so do the advanced. If you intend on doing 3 or more racecraft days become a member, it's worth it. 8)

Jarrid
08-11-2004, 09:11 AM
I’ll be there on the Sunday. Looking forward to it. Has anyone heard if there are any ‘stars’ going to be there. It was great getting spanked by Broc Parkes yesterday.

Nath
08-11-2004, 09:43 AM
I’ll be there on the Sunday. Looking forward to it. Has anyone heard if there are any ‘stars’ going to be there. It was great getting spanked by Broc Parkes yesterday.

I'm pretty sure Russell Nash said he'd be there.

Jarrid
08-11-2004, 10:20 AM

I'm pretty sure Russell Nash said he'd be there.

he is there every time - and although he is a star i was thinking national blokes like they had last year. and by the way, i told you that using his front stand would be worth a couple of seconds :twisted:

gohan
08-11-2004, 10:55 AM

they where trying to get SHAUN GILES again but not to sure if his available for that weekend.they were trying a couple more riders but its not looking good.my own opinion is your going to learn more from RUSSELL NASH, STUART ADAMS, STRETT CULL.these are the front runners in superbikes and will show you and guide you in the right direction :lol: believe me,when i started racing this year,i was like a vacumm cleaner sucking up all the information that was given to me by these guys.i wasnt afraid to ask and try a few things that i was told.some stuff,i disregarded like backing it into a corner :shock: and spinning it up out of the basin :lol: as im not used to delibrately doing this.
anyway its good to have a national or international rider here but you aint gonna learn as much if it was a local A grade rider.

RT
08-11-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm going to be there both days! :D :D

only 3 weeks to go....... :D

Jarrid
08-11-2004, 11:13 AM
good point. you're much more than a pretty arse

gohan
08-11-2004, 11:52 AM
That's what my registration form is telling me :? will they get you marshalling on Saturday??

i,ve just spoken to denise and its racecraft NOVICE& ADVANCED only on saturday.i will be there on saturday to give people advice and try to make them go faster.remember guys,if your going to any of these raceraft courses,this is not a track day(ride day)its a day to learn to ride fast at the track not ride around in circles.its also there to hopefully get you guys to race or become an active member of the MCRC.

meeting on wed10th,anyone welcome.730pm at the clubrooms.bar facilties and snacks available.

hokoyo
08-11-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm there on Sunday, did both days last year and was pretty worn out near the end of the second day!

Got to work on getting off the bike more!

PrestigeCBR
08-11-2004, 03:23 PM
meeting on wed10th,anyone welcome.730pm at the clubrooms.bar facilties and snacks available.

Do you often turn up to these meetings?
If so what time does it finish? as I live an hour away.

Nath
08-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Ill try to make it Sunday if I can get leathers sorted out.

gohan
08-11-2004, 04:20 PM

Do you often turn up to these meetings?
If so what time does it finish? as I live an hour away.

you might just get home in time for work the next morning if you start pushing your hooonda at 10pm(roughly)when it finishes :lol: :lol: :lol:

i,ve been to 3 meetings so far.not bad to give you the insights of how the club is run and take in all the s@#t that might be spoken :lol: if your a member of the MCRC you should be there :roll:

PrestigeCBR
08-11-2004, 04:53 PM
you might just get home in time for work the next morning if you start pushing your hooonda at 10pm(roughly)when it finishes :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be 10 minutes quicker than the Yammahha :lol: I might turn up, depends on what the wife has planed for the night

gohan
08-11-2004, 05:03 PM
I might turn up, depends on what the wife has planed for the night

TOO MUCH INFORMATION THERE :roll:

PrestigeCBR
08-11-2004, 05:11 PM

Fuck you should know better :idea: I'm married with kids :!:

gohan
08-11-2004, 05:13 PM

Fuck you should know better :idea: I'm married with kids :!:

SO :roll:
does that mean your not coming or will be there:?:

08-11-2004, 10:36 PM
I will be attending the meeting.

wanted to attend more this year but have always had something on.

wanna pick me up leroy?

Nick7r
10-11-2004, 06:38 PM
ok i dont understand

i sent a form that staed that the trackday was $160

now i get one faxed back to fill in ...

on this form its a $180

:?

RT
10-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Get A MCRWA membership, i have only had it of a short time and already it has almost payed itself off..... Only $10 to go and then the membership was basically free. :D money well spent i think

Nick7r
11-11-2004, 06:32 AM
yeh but the membership finished on the 30th of nov?

then it wont be worth it

ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION Tick Box Applicable NEW RENEWAL (Membership Expiry 30/11/2004)

PrestigeCBR
11-11-2004, 06:57 AM

then it wont be worth it

ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION Tick Box Applicable NEW RENEWAL (Membership Expiry 30/11/2004)

Thats correct, but ring Denise and speak to her, arrangements can be made. 8)

Rebecca
11-11-2004, 07:20 AM
Rob is doing Sat, Im doing Sun. We are sharing the same bike too so how come I go last?? wink: Built in pit crew.

We are both doing the Novice class again as last time (first time) I spend half the day just a bit over whelmed by the amount of info/class of rider around me (read *passing me*, 1 inside, 2 outside THANKS guys ... not) and just got the hang of it by the end. So I am going to take it all back to the beginning and go from there again. I think Rob feels the same too, still way too much for us to learn, but mainly confidence in ourselves and the bike & riders around us (damn scary prospect on some days!)

I have never riden the track bike before so I am not sure how it will be riding a bike for the first time on the track?? But will let you know on monday! The set up is all for Rob so we'll have to have a fiddle with that.

I find one track day wipes me out for about 2 days, god only knows how you'd do both days! My pelvis begins to seperate towards the end of the day (bloody well feels like it), don't know how Brookes is gonna ride again with all his messed up pelvis, I only got some cracking!

Nick, Rob joined the MCRC in about Aug and he got membership till the end of 2005. He thinks its well worth the money. I haven't got around to joining yet.

gohan
11-11-2004, 10:09 AM

then it wont be worth it

if you pay now,you get this month FREEEEEEEEE :lol:
this is what happend with me.

gohan
11-11-2004, 10:26 AM
I find one track day wipes me out for about 2 days, god only knows how you'd do both days! My pelvis begins to seperate towards the end of the day (bloody well feels like it), don't know how Brookes is gonna ride again with all his messed up pelvis, I only got some cracking!

rebecca,it might be easy for me to say this because im use to it,but you need to relax more.dont be so tense.

when guys get arm pump its usually because there hanging on the bars to much.its the same with riding the bike.if you to tense,uptight you will be sore the next day.RELAX :lol:

Ace
11-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Just rang mcrcwa and the the ultimate race craft day is booked out :cry: if anyone knows anyone who is 50 50 on going I will be happy to take their place :P

Nath
11-11-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm in for novice on Sunday.

MoNtArOo
11-11-2004, 11:49 AM

your no novice!! you 67 second lapper dude :lol:

Nath
11-11-2004, 12:18 PM

Only my first time dude, still a novice.. Besides, Advanced is full... :)

Ben
11-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Still a couple of novice places available

Jarrid
11-11-2004, 12:23 PM

i'll agree with that. you are a punk. a lucky punk. :evil:

Nath
11-11-2004, 12:29 PM

i'll agree with that. you are a punk. a lucky punk. :evil:

:lol:

Rebecca
11-11-2004, 12:40 PM

I'll practice my wave now, so that you'll know its me your PASSING.

Leroy I do try to relax, I keep my arms loose by the tank, and let me body just fall over, don't throw it, work on having comfy loose shoulders, but I am 53kg (Gary McCoy eat your heart out) and the Blade is like 180kg+ , dry.... yadda yadda... excuses I now, but man I feel real little on the screaming death machine hard under brakes with all those G's jumping on my back . I reckon my pulse is like 200 at some times during the day, so maybe I am too tense even if I don't feel it at the time.

I will try to be MORE relaxed, think relaxing thoughts and see how that goes. I hope riding the 600 instead of the 900 makes it all easier towards the end of the day too.

Nath
11-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Leroy I do try to relax, I keep my arms loose by the tank, and let me body just fall over, don't throw it, work on having comfy loose shoulders, but I am 53kg (Gary McCoy eat your heart out) and the Blade is like 180kg+ , dry.... yadda yadda... excuses I now, but man I feel real little on the screaming death machine hard under brakes with all those G's jumping on my back . I reckon my pulse is like 200 at some times during the day, so maybe I am too tense even if I don't feel it at the time.

I will try to be MORE relaxed, think relaxing thoughts and see how that goes. I hope riding the 600 instead of the 900 makes it all easier towards the end of the day too.

Rebecca, I was sore monday and tuesday after sunday, not so much my arms/wrists but my shoulders and upper back... My pelvis is in one peice though...

Btw, I was told by Michelle (I think) at MCRC that they will issue me a 2004 card then when they sort out the memberships for next year (later this month) they will send out a 2005 card.

Ace
11-11-2004, 02:16 PM
woooooooooo I am in on the Sunday, got a place in the novice. Give me a chance to work out the bugs in..... well not in my bike but in me :?

I am after some race glass, has anyone got some for sale for an 04 600rr?

Jarrid
11-11-2004, 02:27 PM
i was absolutely fu$%#d after last sunday. am only just starting to walk properly again now. i find my legs cop more of a beating than anything else.

will be good to see you up there ace - rather than moping around looking pissed off coz you aren't riding.

so far sunday looks like:
novice-
ace
nath
rebecca

adv-
me
hokoyo

anyone else in (other than the usual race guys)???

PrestigeCBR
11-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Should be a fun day :twisted:

RT
11-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeah i'm there!! :D

Novice - Sat
Adv - Sun

Getting ready for it now! Got a race stand yesterday, thanks to Shark! :D

Just need to get some leathers or pants then i'm set!!!! :D :D :D :twisted:

Nick7r
12-11-2004, 08:08 AM
OK here it is..

1. Make sure you get the right form on the MCRCWA web site.

There is an out dated one, and the fees are slightly higher.

2. IF you applie for your MCRCWA membership (FULL $115)

You WILL REcieve didsocunt on the trackday
& The member ship will expire 30/11/2005

So its a great op to join, save some money and support a good cause.

any problems ewamil denise at MCRCWA, she was a great help.

ANd i will cya all on sunday :)

PrestigeCBR
12-11-2004, 08:35 AM
novice-
ace
nath
rebecca

adv-
me
hokoyo

Numbers are looking good!

Were's Deej on the mighty R1 :?: come on mate, you can make Sunday :twisted:

bertie beetle
12-11-2004, 03:29 PM
well i have a sad face... :( i tried to book in for the racecraft day in the novice section for saturday... denise told me the weekend is booked out.... really wanted to go... am now on a waiting list...so all i can say is... my fingers are crossed... hope all you guys have a great time... :D

PrestigeCBR
12-11-2004, 05:08 PM
well i have a sad face... :( i tried to book in for the racecraft day in the novice section for saturday... denise told me the weekend is booked out.... really wanted to go... am now on a waiting list...so all i can say is... my fingers are crossed... hope all you guys have a great time... :D

Fingers crossed for a pull out, Helen

XooM
15-11-2004, 06:28 PM
well i have a sad face... i tried to book in for the racecraft day in the novice section for saturday... denise told me the weekend is booked out.... really wanted to go... am now on a waiting list...so all i can say is... my fingers are crossed... hope all you guys have a great time...

Well I called today and Denise told me that they have place open for me on Sunday. Woohoo. :D

bertie beetle
15-11-2004, 07:35 PM
hey thanks for that comment.... :D i will be making a call tomorrow... gives me a little hope :D :D so can anyone tell me why :oops: she told me they were full?????

come on guys.. do i smell or something???

Ace
15-11-2004, 07:41 PM
hey thanks for that comment.... :D i will be making a call tomorrow... gives me a little hope :D :D so can anyone tell me why :oops: she told me they were full?????

come on guys.. do i smell or something???

There is a waiting list. Just ring up every day and see if anyone has pulled out, you might get lucky :wink:

bertie beetle
15-11-2004, 08:22 PM
thanks for the advice... will keep trying... thanks :D :D

PrestigeCBR
15-11-2004, 08:33 PM
thanks for the advice... will keep trying... thanks :D :D

Helen email them as there office is not attended every day 8)

gohan
15-11-2004, 08:38 PM
as of 4pm today 15-11-04 there where 6 novice vacancies for sunday.the advanced is the one thats booked out for both days.

PrestigeCBR
15-11-2004, 08:50 PM
as of 4pm today 15-11-04 there where 6 novice vacancies for sunday.the advanced is the one thats booked out for both days.

AARRR you trying to pinch a ride with the Novice group Leroy :shock: :oops: jeez I don't know mate, you must be a bit low on self asteam mate??, Oh that's right your taking the R6 :lol: :lol: :lol: hehehe

gohan
15-11-2004, 09:12 PM
AARRR you trying to pinch a ride with the Novice group Leroy :shock: :oops: jeez I don't know mate, you must be a bit low on self asteam mate??, Oh that's right your taking the R6 :lol: :lol: :lol: hehehe

im coaching the novice group because i,ve ben told those PRESTIGE HOONDA guys booked in for that :roll:
they have asked for me to specifically be there for them :wink:

PrestigeCBR
16-11-2004, 07:24 AM

im coaching the novice group because i,ve ben told those PRESTIGE HOONDA guys booked in for that :roll:

:shock: Once again we will have to thank you for your assistance and services in providing us low speed cornering skills :lol: :lol: :lol: hahaha

Tex
16-11-2004, 08:25 AM
hahahah , I think you've got it wrong Leroy , I'm in the novice group on Sat !! Not Sunday !!

And us prestige Honda boys are up there to support the club .....not to boost our egos .....like you Yamaha riders !!!!! :shock: :wink:

Rebecca
16-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Helen, I am going to be in the Novice group on Sunday (hell, I am going to be in the novice group for a few years!!). I have done it before, Its a hoot. Great fun. I look forward to meeting you up there, come and yell hello at me!

Jarrid
16-11-2004, 09:09 AM
rebecca,
is that the worlds oldest piece of chewing gum stuck to a tree in your avatar?

my girlfriend did the novice at the end of last year and had an absolute ball. she would be going next week if she had the cash, leathers and i hadn't stolen her bike. do it - you won't regret it.

on another note, are tex and leroy married? and is tex secretly having an affair with calvin? :?

Tex
16-11-2004, 09:29 AM
No Calvin and I are not having an Affair......we thought it best to not confuse the politics of the team with mindless unemotional sex ! well not with Calvin anyway !! :shock:
And Leroy and I are not married.....but Leroy will screw anyone!!!
:D

Ace
16-11-2004, 10:24 AM

:shock: Once again we will have to thank you for your assistance and services in providing us low speed cornering skills :lol: :lol: :lol: hahaha

By low speed do you mean 64's instead of 60's? :roll:

PrestigeCBR
16-11-2004, 10:28 AM
but Leroy will screw anyone!!!

Did you hear that as well :shock: That bag of lollies he has in his hand every track day :oops:

Watch out Gordo, Leroy on the prawl don't let temp you :twisted: :lol: :lol:

gohan
16-11-2004, 10:31 AM
By low speed do you mean 64's instead of 60's? :roll:

get it right ace 59.3 :lol:

im beginning to like this ace dude :lol:

rides a hoonda but seems to be a closet YAMMY luvva :lol:

Rebecca
16-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Leory is definately a track slut, I don't think they open the gates up at Barbegallo without Leroy being there, BTW just HOW MANY track days have you done now?? Or have you lost count. I remember I asked you a year or so ago and you had done 20/30 John Green days alone!!

Crikies! Leroy doesn't have time to shag Tex/Calvin/his long suffering wife or anyone with all the riding he does!

gohan
16-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Crikies! Leroy doesn't have time to shag Tex/Calvin/his long suffering wife or anyone with all the riding he does!

you got that right :lol: i wake up in the morning :? get out of my sleeping bag and open up the gates to the track :lol:

Rob
16-11-2004, 04:44 PM
you got that right i wake up in the morning get out of my sleeping bag and open up the gates to the track

Very good Leroy :lol:

See you on the Saturday. When is the Husky Supermoto makin' its debut by the way?

bertie beetle
16-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Hi guys :D A big THANK YOU to all you guys that helped me with the up coming track day....YAHOOOOOOOOO...... I got in on the sunday in the novice session where i belong... so thanking you all again and look forward to seeing ya's all up there... And look forward to meeting you too Rebecca and doing some laps with ya..

PrestigeCBR
16-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Hi guys :D A big THANK YOU to all you guys that helped me with the up coming track day....YAHOOOOOOOOO...... I got in on the sunday in the novice session where i belong... so thanking you all again and look forward to seeing ya's all up there... And look forward to meeting you too Rebecca and doing some laps with ya..

That's tops Helen 8) see you there.

gohan
16-11-2004, 06:38 PM
See you on the Saturday. When is the Husky Supermoto makin' its debut by the way?

still trying to find rims for the sucker :evil: i dont feel like spending $3g,s for new ones so will keep looking.

Tex
17-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Geez Leroy ....for a rich guy like you 3 grand should be the loose change in your back pocket !! :D

Seriously thou......3 grand is alot of money for rims !! I was looking at the carbon fibre rims advertised in all the european mags !! damm thats some expensive shit , but they say it makes a HUGE difference to the way the bike feels in corners !! would be interesting to see !! Mind you i don't need faster corner speed, i can stay upright at the current speed !!

leroy are you doing the Sat and Sun. ?? I'm helping out on the sat and riding in the mcrc group on the Sunday

good to see heaps of riders going up on both days !
Rob are you riding or is Bec ??

Jarrid
17-11-2004, 09:20 AM
anyone want to go halves in a trailer on sunday. i've already booked it. it'll be $15 for half. i'm in como so being somewhere nearby would be handy...

gohan
17-11-2004, 09:28 AM
[quote]

Seriously thou......3 grand is alot of money for rims !! I was looking at the carbon fibre rims advertised in all the european mags !! damm thats some expensive shit , but they say it makes a HUGE difference to the way the bike feels in corners !! would be interesting to see !! Mind you i don't need faster corner speed, i can stay upright at the current speed !![quote]

if i could get for the R1 i would get carbon rims but that would make it illegal so superbikes :cry:

[quote]leroy are you doing the Sat and Sun. ?? I'm helping out on the sat and riding in the mcrc group on the Sunday[quote]

i,ve been conned onto helping for both days :shock:
there will be no quick times for me,just going around in circles :roll:

Rebecca
17-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Hi Tex, hows your lovely lady? How long till the little one gets here?

Rob is doing Sat & Me Sun.

See ya up there.

Ace
17-11-2004, 10:07 AM
anyone want to go halves in a trailer on sunday. i've already booked it. it'll be $15 for half. i'm in como so being somewhere nearby would be handy...

pm sent

Gonz1
17-11-2004, 04:14 PM
ive managed to get in on the sunday novice which i spose gives me abit more track knowledge for the two wheeled wreckers day!
i just didnt want to start from the full basics and spend half a day riding around second gear, but beggers cant be choosers, atleast it will be educational :oops:

gohan
17-11-2004, 04:56 PM
ive managed to get in on the sunday novice which i spose gives me abit more track knowledge for the two wheeled wreckers day!
i just didnt want to start from the full basics and spend half a day riding around second gear, but beggers cant be choosers, atleast it will be educational :oops:

this is definately the only track day you do if you want to become a better rider.the 2 wheel wreckers ride day is just that :shock: a ride day only.you dont get any real advice on these days.trust me,i have done them all,and plenty tooooo :lol:

PrestigeCBR
17-11-2004, 08:20 PM

That's great Gonz see you there!
Unless your going to race, any track time is good! it's safer than the road, all going in the same direction, no dogs or trees.
And like any track day advise and experience is there all you have to do is ask, I have been on 90% of two wheel wreckers days and Russel gives you some tips if you ask.
And racecraft days, 90% of the riders are just there for track time with no intention of racing.

So I don't bag any track day, they are safer and better than blasting around on local roads, and as you know Gonz we saw a few offs last year on local roads :oops:

Enjoy mate 8)

gohan
17-11-2004, 09:13 PM
So I don't bag any track day, they are safer and better than blasting around on local roads, and as you know Gonz we saw a few offs last year on local roads :oops:

calvin,its not about bagging another type of ride day.its about telling everyone on this forum the truth about whats good and whats not.the gidley days are virtually unsupervised so to me,thats not a good thing.if you have done a ride day before then it would be ok,but if your a novice then your asking for trouble,thats my opinion anyway.the racecraft days with the mcrc would be one of the safer ride days out there.

18-11-2004, 12:16 AM
Track Dayz are coming in 2005.

Qualified, Accredited and Experienced Instructors.

Novice to Advanced Courses.

Ladies only Courses.

Helmet Cam One on One Video Footage.

Instructor to Individual Rider feedback.

Further details to follow shortly...

Rebecca
18-11-2004, 07:48 AM
i just didnt want to start from the full basics and spend half a day riding around second gear, but beggers cant be choosers, at least it will be educational :oops:

Gotta throw in my 2 cents worth as Ive done 2 x John Green days (basic), and 1 x MCRC Novice, never done any Gidley days, this is how I see what happens

John Greens were more structured in the morning, more basic, the students kept under raps better controlled sessions, follow the leader, 4th gear no brakes drills etc, no over taking). I felt safer. In the arvo when they let them loose it got a bit scary, 3 ppl went down RIGHT in front of me on 3 seperate occasions and I did crap myself a few times about that. But since John Green days don't run anymore thats neither here no there.

MCRC Novice day, they first session out was frecking madness, most scared Ive been on my bike, cos they basically said theres the track, off you go "get familiar" - no other rules mentioned!! So the TOOLS in my group (about 6 total tools) on big bikes, who've had their licences like 6 months & had no track time, ride 4 times a month on hot days, just got out there and opened them up, Far out, I had one corner where 2 went side by side up the inside of me while 1 went the long way round!!! And I was lapping at about 80 secs (which i know is not fast but I have seen ppl out there doing 120 sec laps!). Then they got them under control, yelled a bit, threatened to kick a few ppl out, and did the controlled drills for a session, then it ran better, safer in the afternoon.

Track Days will be great, cos the main instructor is the same as from John Green, Macca, hes a good safe teacher.

The better days, I fell are "structured" towards being a learning experience and not a free for all.

So I think they both have positive and negatives to offer. I think at the end of the day you want all your students 1/ALIVE, 2/ to learn at least one thing, hopefully more, 3/gain confidence on the bike/track 4/gain respect for others ppls right to ride their bike/their way/safely & 5/have fun.

The biggest thing Ive learnt about track days is that talk is cheap, and its generally the quiet guy in the corner on the old crapper who will get out there and bust out the quickest time. You don't show your skill with your helmet off - gabbing off, but with it on. And now I just ignore the dickheads who may decide to come and tell me Im slow and ruining their day/lines etc etc cos if they were that damn good they'd get around me cleanly, with no problem. If they cant get around me, they're just not that good.

Bloody hell, here endth the sermon *sorry dudes :oops: *

Jarrid
18-11-2004, 08:02 AM
So I think they both have positive and negatives to offer. I think at the end of the day you want all your students 1/ALIVE, 2/ to learn at least one thing, hopefully more, 3/gain confidence on the bike/track 4/gain respect for others ppls right to ride their bike/their way/safely & 5/have fun.

The biggest thing Ive learnt about track days is that talk is cheap, and its generally the quiet guy in the corner on the old crapper who will get out there and bust out the quickest time. You don't show your skill with your helmet off - gabbing off, but with it on. And now I just ignore the dickheads who may decide to come and tell me Im slow and ruining their day/lines etc etc cos if they were that damn good they'd get around me cleanly, with no problem. If they cant get around me, they're just not that good.

Bloody hell, here endth the sermon *sorry dudes :oops: *

well said. i agree with what you have said almost exactly. i've done one russell gidley day which was quite scary being my first time. i've never had a problem with the racecraft courses and still think they are the best value and experience. the "tribe" day was really well put together and run as well.

hokoyo
18-11-2004, 08:13 AM
I am sorry that you had that bad experience on the first novice day that you did. It does sound like they fools were pulled into line quickly though which is good but they should never have been allowed to go that fast in the first session. Depending upon how big the group was it may have been difficult for the instructors on track to pick them out straight away.

The 2ww days are uncontrolled and it is pot luck who you get in your group, I have done some that are great (the last one) and some that are scary.

Track time is track time imo it does not really matter how fast you are going as long as your lines and location are consistent thus people wanting to overtake can do so safely.

Above all it should be fun and you should come out of the day with a huge grin on your face!

Ace
18-11-2004, 08:22 AM
You want the truth? You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
http://www-tech.mit.edu/V115/N2/goodmen.02.gif :lol:

PrestigeCBR
18-11-2004, 09:13 AM

calvin,its not about bagging another type of ride day.its about telling everyone on this forum the truth about whats good and whats not.the gidley days are virtually unsupervised so to me,thats not a good thing.if you have done a ride day before then it would be ok,but if your a novice then your asking for trouble,thats my opinion anyway.the racecraft days with the mcrc would be one of the safer ride days out there.

Sorry but that's not truth, that's Leroys opinion :idea: I here more complaints about racecraft days then Giddley days, Giddley days there is 4 group levels based on your experience or lack of, were racecraft is a flat out NON UPRIGHT COARSE and you may overtake on the inside, were giddley days there's no overtaking on the inside.
And I do remember senior forum members saying they prefer a John Green day to a racecraft day.
For me raceraft is just that, skills required for riding fast around Wanneroo, not social riding :idea: 8)

My 2 cents :lol:

Tex
18-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Ok MY turn !!!

I've never done a russell Giddley day ....so i won't comment , but ......

MCRC racecraft days. Are a fantastic day to get out there and ride hard, it's a chance to learn about RACING and how to ride smooth correct lines, improve corners skills and learn more about your bike. You DO NOT get taught how to avoid little old ladys in volvos. and they never preach that they teach this. Every MCRC day that i've ridden in I've been told from the start of the day that you CANNOT take someone on the inside.
First session of MCRC is where you normally have a few guys fall , not into the feel of the bike and trying to hard to soon, shit happens.
Best advice I can give for MCRC is go and ride and have fun , but remember that the idea of MCRC days isn't to give you the chance to putt around nice and slow on the track , they are trying to teach you and motivate you to come racing !!! Don't confuse it with a full on Instructional bike ridding day ! , It's all about racing !!

The John Green days, (that are no longer run) ...... these were also great days that catered for different levels of riders, these were designed to be more instructional days that gave you skills for the real world of ridding on the road. These skills were also relevant on the racetrack, but they were never showing correct lines into corners that racers use !
The days ended up being fast and fun, but it was never meant to make you go racing.
Chookie is setting something up which will replace these days, and in my opinion it's needed in WA. It will cater for a rider on a GPX250 all the way up to a CBR1000rr, the skills taught will be useful for all riding. This is where you need to go if you want to ride fast and not get arrested.

At the end of the day , both days cater for different people. and if you confuse the days then you may end up slightly dissapointed.

gohan
18-11-2004, 10:05 AM
[quote][quote]

Sorry but that's not truth, that's Leroys opinion :idea: I here more complaints about racecraft days then Giddley days, Giddley days there is 4 group levels based on your experience or lack of, were racecraft is a flat out NON UPRIGHT COARSE and you may overtake on the inside, were giddley days there's no overtaking on the inside.

what im thinking is you havnt listened in PROPERLY :roll: when you did the racecraft course.before you even get to say a word,pete smith will tell you and eveyone else(THIS IS NOT A RIDE DAY,TO RIDE AROUND IN CIRCLES,ITS A COURSE TO MAKE YOU A BETTER RIDER RIDE FAAAAST AROUND THE TRACK.IF ANYONE THINKS ITS GOING TO BE A SOCIAL DAY,COME TALK TO ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK)

this is what himself and adrian mettam say eveytime,so the racecraft day is not a cruise around the track,its to hopefully make you go faster than you have been before and it wil make you a better rider.its also there to hopefully get you into the racing scene.this is not my opinion,its what is said everytime.maybe if some of the racers come help out like myself,in there own time and not get paid they will understand a bit more how its run.

Ben
18-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Racecraft is aimed at people wanting to get into racing or learn how to go fast safely around a racetrack

gohan
18-11-2004, 10:27 AM
[quote]

MCRC Novice day, they first session out was frecking madness, most scared Ive been on my bike, cos they basically said theres the track, off you go "get familiar" - no other rules mentioned!! [quote]

you would have gone on the track walk which would have given you some idea as to where you should be on the track.you are also told where you should be braking,i know its dificult when you are walking the track,but you are at least given some sort of idea.

[quote]
So the TOOLS in my group (about 6 total tools) on big bikes, who've had their licences like 6 months & had no track time, ride 4 times a month on hot days, just got out there and opened them up, Far out, I had one corner where 2 went side by side up the inside of me while 1 went the long way round!!! [quote]

[color=cyan]i remember one of the guys,which i so happend to fix his R1 3 months earlier :roll: he was told of and threatened to be kicked out.

if macca and chookie get these track dayz up and running i would be the first one booked in :lol: macca would have to be one of the best instructers out there.when i started the JG days he was the one i listened to most as i knew that he new what he was talking about.

Ace
18-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Ok all just a quick tip on quoting:
To start a quote you need to type
(without the space)
To end the quote you need to type
If you want to add someones name to the quote type their name next to the initial quote with an = and "" around the word eg [quote]

OR

You can highlight the text you want to quote or bold or colour and click any of the function buttons above the text box
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/cool/toolbar.jpg

not have a go or anything at anyone just giving a tip for those who are not quite sure :P

PrestigeCBR
18-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Racecraft is aimed at people wanting to get into racing or learn how to go fast safely around a racetrack

That's my point :idea: Not a social ride around the track.

Rebecca
18-11-2004, 10:52 AM
I can't wait, reqardless of whatever.

Leroy, If you remember what happened during my track walk... I didn't get much in at all, nor did anyone else for that matter! Maybe that was an issue as much as anything else. Not a good intro to the track.

18-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I think it comes back to the wording...

Racecraft vs Trackday

Different target audiences.

Both of equal value depending on your personal requirements.

RT
18-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Cant wait!!! :D

should be a great weekend! :D :D

bladebabe
19-11-2004, 12:17 PM
novice-
ace
nath
rebecca

And.........

Bertie Beetle and ME :!: :D

Rebecca
19-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Excellant! See you up there.

Jarrid
19-11-2004, 12:24 PM
And.........

that's great. make sure you've got leroy working his arse off in your pit bay

bladebabe
19-11-2004, 12:27 PM
And.........

that's great. make sure you've got leroy working his arse off in your pit bay

Yeah I think it's about time he was MY pit-bitch instead of it being the other way around :twisted: :wink:
Think I might need tyre warmers too........ Gordo :?:

*sits back and waits*

Tex
19-11-2004, 02:03 PM
hahahaah are you up there on Sunday kim to give massages and moral support to the boys !!

can I have the first massage !!!

PrestigeCBR
19-11-2004, 04:45 PM
novice-
ace
nath
rebecca

And.........

About time Kym, I've been on your case for years! you got to be happy with that. 8) :lol:

See ya there.

zipdrive
19-11-2004, 06:47 PM
yippee!
finally got my annual leave approved..so i can make it to the Sunday session. see you guys there!

Rebecca
19-11-2004, 06:52 PM
When I was up paying they said it's a full house, 90 ppl to both days. (unless she meant 90 over both days?)

There is definately a market!

PrestigeCBR
19-11-2004, 07:13 PM
yippee!
finally got my annual leave approved..so i can make it to the Sunday session. see you guys there!

Great stuff Dave 8)
Do you remember were you left it :?: :lol:

Arwon
25-11-2004, 06:22 PM
well i will be there for both days, so too Warren aka redr1, mini me, russel cbr954, and a crew of bugger all, looking forward to improving my time, seeting up new suspension and staying upright.

see you all there.

p.s. i hope the new motor does the business half as good as the last one.

Nick7r
26-11-2004, 08:51 AM
90 ppl! geez thats a lot.. 89 PSB members by the sounds of it, how we goin to tell the members from the rest of the mofos? 8)

gohan
26-11-2004, 10:34 AM
90 ppl! geez thats a lot.. 89 PSB members by the sounds of it, how we goin to tell the members from the rest of the mofos? 8)

look for the ones sitting in the sand :lol: :lol: :lol:

and getting lapped :shock:

RT
26-11-2004, 12:01 PM
look for the ones sitting in the sand

and getting lapped

i can see both happening to me!!! :twisted:

more than once!!!! :roll:

PrestigeCBR
26-11-2004, 01:46 PM

Your a hard man :lol:

gohan
26-11-2004, 04:29 PM

hey,only stating tha facts :lol:
look at those PRESTIGE BOYS.never met them before but been told they are always in the dirt :lol:
and been lapped on numerous occasions :wink:

PrestigeCBR
26-11-2004, 05:36 PM

hey,only stating tha facts :lol:
look at those PRESTIGE BOYS.never met them before but been told they are always in the dirt :lol:
and been lapped on numerous occasions :wink:

That would have to be Tex and Andrew :twisted: :lol:

PrestigeCBR
27-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Numbers look good for Sunday :lol:

Calvin
Gohan
Zipdrive
Jarrid
RT
Hokoyo
Ace
nath
Nick 7r
Xoom
Arwon
Rebecca
Bladebabe
Bertie Beetle

See you tomorrow 8)

How did you Saturday guys go today (Gohan, RT, Rob) :?: Nice day for it.

RT
27-11-2004, 06:33 PM
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! :P

That had to be one of the best days of my life!!! :D :D Been dreaming about it for years! all the guys down there were really cool and helpful! 8)

Cheers to everyone that helped me today!! :D (Leroy, Nash and others)

Cant wait for tomorrow hopefully the weather holds!!

to amped up to go to work now.......... :twisted:

Rob
27-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Yea thats the best Ive ever done on a road bike. Its all sort of starting to make sense slowly. Is definitely big fun and a bit of a buzz :D
Also, that has got to be the best organised day I have ever spent up there. MCRC really run a good day. I'll be doing a few more, thats for sure.

There wasn't that many tumbles in the novice group. Maybe 2 or 3? 1 exiting the basin, and 1 at turn 1. Nothing too serious by the looks.

Just finished prepping the bike for tomorrow. Oil, bleed brakes, running fibreglass repairs, change suspension settings for lighter rider etc See yous up there tomorrow.

bertie beetle
28-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Well.... just to let all you concerned people know... I got the R1 home safetly without the front brakes...
I had the best time today even with sliding the bike... It can be fixed... The most disappointing thing today for me was the fact that i couldnt get back out on the track to finish the day... Dont know why.. hehe... you only need the brakes to stop :oops:
So thanks to all for there support and there kind words of wisdom...
I will say that next year i will be there regularly... Was just so great!! :D

Nick7r
28-11-2004, 09:29 PM
so were can we find the bw fotos?

gohan
28-11-2004, 09:47 PM
so were can we find the bw fotos?

here http://www.bwmedia.com.au/home.htm

and here http://www.karloperisic.com/sport/index.html

Rob
29-11-2004, 07:34 AM
Brian White is running photo's from this site as well.

www.circlework.com.au

I think thats the way hes heading anyhow :)

Ace
29-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Great day indeed
me at the pub at 6pm the night before: nah she'll be right the fairings will only take a couple of hours to put on.
Jarrid and Warpy: hahahahahahahahaha
me: its all good
Jarrid and Warpy: hahahahahahahahaha
me at 12:30am: mmm just got the fairings off, put the race fairings on, now to turn it on to test it. Not starting arrr fcuk it I am going to bed :oops:

Anyway got to the track thanks to Jarrid and his trusty tandem bike trailer, with time to spare so all was good.

First session was what I thought was a run in session until I got passed by half the field :oops: then with a slight twist of the wrist it was go go go, thinking I was hot stuff then the track marshalls come past me as if I was going the opposite direction.

Had a huge moment on top of spaghetti(coming over the hill) trying to pass Xoom on the peak of the hill, not tucked in enough and got a tank splapper from the top to pretty much half way down the hill :? which was heart stopping to say the least. Xoom got a good look from about 5 meters away at me shitting myself and almost veering off the left hand side of the track, that was about the only big scare of the day.

Got more and more confident braking into turn 1 and into the basin after the no brakes drill and with a session of only Leroy, Jarrid, Nick, Xoom and myself on the track at the end of the day was orsome. Followed Leroy into the basin probably 10 seconds off the pace and it still felt farken fast. Jarrid rounded me a few times but I will get you gadget.... next time.

mmmmm what else, lunch was good and a fridge full of drinks was even better. I will be sending the club some positive feed back about that...... the race glass held up ok and I have a few ideas about a paint job for her which will be interesting. pics to follow

bladebabe
29-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Has an absolute ball even with the headache..

Thanks everyone who helped me.. Was great to finally get out on the track instead of watching everyone else.

Definitely will be doing it again :D

Ace
29-11-2004, 12:05 PM
w00t!
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00440.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00441.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00442.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00443.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00444.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00445.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00446.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00447.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00448.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00449.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00450.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00451.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00452.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00453.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00454.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00455.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00456.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00457.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00458.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00459.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00460.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00462.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00464.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00466.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00467.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00468.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00469.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00470.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00472.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00473.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00476.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00477.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00482.sized.jpg
http://ace.paritynetworks.com.au/albums/Ultimate-Racecraft-28-11-04/DSC00483.sized.jpg

Ben
29-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Was a good weekend. Everyone I rode with sunday did a good job. And Ace...... easily the biggest slapper I have seen over the hill!!! Good to see you hung on to her.

gohan
29-11-2004, 01:28 PM
was a good weekend.i worked it out that i did 378km,s yesterday and 290km,s on sat.the tyres i used were from phillip island and the tribe day :? near the end of the day i tried to get in a few quick laps but that wasnt to be.i think the slicks had there day at about 200km,s of use.they were all over the track.i got down to 63,s and that was about all i was going to try for.
the whole weekend i thought was well organised and most of the riders where well behaved.im sure some of you guys in the novice group saw evil kanevil on his naked ZX 6 in the first session.i was so so so pissed at him :evil: that was suppose to be a getting to know where you are session not a race.i did have a go at him and it turned out he went to high school with me in 86-87.i still couldnt remember him though.i was still pissed.
im hoping everyone had a good time and learnt a bit from it.when you where following me jarrid i was doing around the 67-69,s so expect you were doing the same.im thinking thats better than you did before.at one stage i looked behind expecting to see you 40 meters back but you were on my clacker :shock: i then picked up the pace a little.i tried to keep a steady pace so you could follow ace but all i could see when i looked was jarrid.im not sure how long you hang with us but hope you did improve and learnt something out of it.
and now im going to talk about the WOMEN :lol: good to see you gals out there and trying to keep up with us boys :shock: only joking kym,rebecca and helen.i did try and get in front of you girls so you could follow but sometimes it was a bit dififcult to get in front.when i did im hoping you managed to follow for a bit and get something out of the whole experience.
i wasnt going to say this but yesterday i rode MR RIDLEYS blade :shock: to my surprise i actually enjoyed riding it.definatly hasnt got the mumbo of the R1 but in my opinion it handles better than my R1.with a bit of fine tuning the bike will be sweet and about $10 000 spent on the engine :lol:
hope to see more of the psb riders at the track next time.

Rebecca
29-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Had a great day! I wish I had met the psb guys I rode with, but still can't put faces to names, except Nath & Helen. Between track sessions, lessons and the quick drink/pee/eat routine that's about your day.

I learnt heaps this time, mainly... that I still have heaps to learn!! The main thing I got out of it was having the confidence in the tyres to stand it up earlier and get on the gas harder/earlier, and breaking later - gotta love the basin no brakes (*insert shat myself and loved it*) You really have to give the 600 heaps, I guess I had it easy on the 900, now I feel like Ive got to work harder everywhere.

Only moment was nearly running Helen over, had to try so hard to not look at her body, as I knew I probably would hit her then, and I knew Suzie (from Honda Shop on cbr6) was up my rear, and that she'd then run into both of us!! But all's well that ends well. Thankfully Helen is ok. Suzie tells me my whole bike did a mass wobble as I did some mad brakes/swerve/brakes/jump move!

But the rest of the day was very uneventful. I was hoping to race with Nick, but never came across him on the track! It was a nice small class size really (16). Think we were doing the same speeds half a track apart! And thanks for the s's help Leroy. Will get you to follow me again next time.

Nick7r
29-11-2004, 02:36 PM
i cant find the fotos from BW?? or any other guys..

links?

hokoyo
29-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Its not MacDonalds, these things take time.

gohan
29-11-2004, 03:14 PM
some of the photos are here http://www.bwmedia.com.au/02/index.php?opt...llery&Itemid=25 (http://www.bwmedia.com.au/02/index.php?option=com_rsgallery&Itemid=25)

Ace
29-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Cricky, a picture tells a thousand words, if this little 125 was taking the 600 on the outside (which sounds really cool even it thats not the story) then a big qudos to the guy on the 125!
http://bwmedia.com.au/02/images/gallery/IMG_1385.jpg

*Edit* I heard the guy on the 600 gets around at 66's - 67's at well :shock:

Jarrid
29-11-2004, 05:37 PM
i had a great time on sunday. i finally figured out a way to go through the left heaps better and was going faster and dragging less. was also going better into the basin, but still getting made piss when leroy wanted to show me how it was done. it's my slowest bit of the track - both going in and coming out. i was following RT around when we were stuck in traffic and i can honestly say i've never seen a non racer get out of there quicker. he was getting at least 5-6 bike lengths on me and leaving big blackies everywhere - it's a shame you suck in the corners mate :D just kidding...did you go for your licence???

i actually learnt heaps from following leroy around so cheers for that mate. in the last session i tried going in alot harder through the basin (following your advice) but had a bit of a moment with the front pushing and ran way wide so decided to just call it a day for riding hard - and contrary to your advice i don't think i should be doing that every lap :?

i had a great time playing with aces mind as i gave him the stare whilst passing or pulling up along side him but i have to say that that disorganised bastard improved heaps throughout the day. he was riding real well in the last couple of sessions when i came out with you guys. i didn't see nick on track but timed a few laps in the 74's before lunch so i'm sure he would have improved a bit after that. saw mario on track at the end of the day and he was going good as well. came across the uncertified old bloke hokoyo a few times too. i timed bladebabe in the first couple of sessions and she was beating ace - if she wasn't suffering from a medical condition i'm sure she would have followed an even steeper learning curve than him and would have been giving him a flogging. you'll have to show him up next time...

gohan
29-11-2004, 05:55 PM
. i timed bladebabe in the first couple of sessions and she was beating ace - if she wasn't suffering from a medical condition i'm sure she would have followed an even steeper learning curve than him and would have been giving him a flogging.

WTF :roll: why wasnt i there to see that :lol: you may need to pick up the pace there ace :P

if somebody can download the video i took of some of the sessions maybe we can post it :wink: i wouldnt have a clue how to do this :? so if anyone wants to pm me.

RT
29-11-2004, 06:24 PM
=jarrid
did you go for your licence???

Yeah i got it! :D i still need to learn a shit load more but, might need you to show me how to do those corners... :lol: :wink:

after doing the licence steve mitchell looked ova my bike and found the steering head nut loose, :shock: that could have been funny :shock:

cant stop thinking about the track when the next one?? :twisted:

Nick7r
29-11-2004, 06:29 PM
i didn't see nick on track but timed a few laps in the 74's before lunch so i'm sure he would have improved a bit after that.

think i got slower, got really tired and started to worry about binning the bike.
Next time i think ill try getr down to about 70's, with some leather pants that fit :P

Ace really picked up the pace towards the end of the day, i think next time he will hit 70 mark, esp if puts a nice smooth paint job on those fairings. :)

XooM
29-11-2004, 06:46 PM
That was awesome fun. Especially last lap :D (and I think I was all alone on track for that last lap).
I didn't improve lap times as much I thought I would but explanation of race lines and general tips I picked up from people and following marshals was priceless. I already booked TWW track day so I can practice bits and pieces I learnt.

with some leather pants that fit
I know what you mean dude. After I took some of extra padding from my pants my riding felt soo much better.

Arwon
29-11-2004, 06:59 PM
well we had a ball allweekend, especially sunday. the class was better behaved and smoother, I found that by following Leroy and nashy i was able to enter the corners harder and with alot more confidence.

We managed to do just under 400k's for the weekend on one pair of second hand slicks (albiet good seconds) . its amazing how far you can lean a bike before they slide, you touch your knee down then keep leaning and tuck it back up. unreal fun.

Only a couple of arse puckering moments, one into the basin when i came up behind 3 very polite riders offering the corner to each other and braking to allow there mate the line.... up side is you really learn how hard you can brake before it goes all pear shaped.

i didn't improve my times much but by the end if it i was comfortably doing 65's lap after lap. so Special thanks to Leroy and Russel for there help.

we had a ball and qualified for our race licences for next year.

grin factor :D :D :D :D :D

next time i will be there.... asap

PrestigeCBR
29-11-2004, 09:17 PM
i wasnt going to say this but yesterday i rode MR RIDLEYS blade :shock: to my surprise i actually enjoyed riding it.definatly hasnt got the mumbo of the R1 but in my opinion it handles better than my R1.with a bit of fine tuning the bike will be sweet and about $10 000 spent on the engine :lol:

Come on Leroy, we could not miss that smile on your face after riding the Blade :lol: By the way my bike has 155hp at the rear, and you told me yours had 156hp at the rear and both tested and tuned at Dyno Time :lol: face it mate, the bikes smooth and easy to ride and you loved it!
But thanks for your input on Sunday, and also to Nasy, he took the Blade out and had it completely side ways, he told me he thought he was going to end up in the sand trap at turn 1 :oops: Because the front end was a tad too soft the rear would compression lock and slide around so Nasy was leaving blackies every were :twisted: We made some improvements and she's a lot better 8) And Like Leroy it was Nasies first ride on a CBR1000rr and said it handled a better than the R1 :shock: :lol:

All in all I had a good day out, wanted to sort out my braking problems (bike felt flighty and drifted a bit under hard braking) which is what Nasy noticed, so with that sorted I might with any luck improve on my lap times next year :idea:

Did anyone get a photo of Leroy on the Blade????? priceless! :roll:

bladebabe
30-11-2004, 01:24 PM
. i timed bladebabe in the first couple of sessions and she was beating ace - if she wasn't suffering from a medical condition i'm sure she would have followed an even steeper learning curve than him and would have been giving him a flogging.

WTF :roll: why wasnt i there to see that :lol: you may need to pick up the pace there ace :P

Watch out Leroy - You're next :!: :shock:
(ha ha yeah right!!!)

Thanks for the timing Jarrid was good to know how I went on my first track day.. Can only get better from here!!! :D

jasonc
02-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Had a great time, even with running of into the dirt.
The bike cleaned up pretty good and ended up with a couple of small scratches and the crack in the top right of the windscreen which I'll sort with Leroy about fixing up.

Will be booking my next session in the new year.. and maybe getting myself a fairing for the track.

PrestigeCBR
05-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Some more photo's from Sundays session.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Roadtank/No4/5f063a00.jpg
Bertie beetle

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Roadtank/No4/2191f853.jpg
Bladeblade

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Roadtank/No4/38dde086.jpg
Zipdrive

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Roadtank/No4/100_0430.jpg
Ace

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Roadtank/No4/100_0428.jpg
Gohan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Roadtank/No4/100_0447.jpg
Nick7r

PrestigeCBR
05-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Last couple of photo's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Roadtank/No4/No5/100_0433.jpg
Novice Group, Bertie beetle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Roadtank/No4/No5/100_0438.jpg
Ace and Nick7r.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Roadtank/No4/No5/100_0437.jpg
Bladebabe.

bertie beetle
05-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Calvin...Calvin...Calvin.... hmmm....was nice to see a pretty bike without the scratches... but Calvin Calvin Calvin... going to have to spank you!! Public pics now... could have atleast waited for me to put the helmet on :lol: I spose... the main thing is i didnt get caught in my g string in public :oops:

Jarrid
06-12-2004, 07:03 AM
I spose... the main thing is i didnt get caught in my g string in public :oops:

ace was lucky he had a change of heart and decided not to wear his...

PrestigeCBR
06-12-2004, 07:07 AM
Come on Helen, you in your G string would lift internet ratings :shock: :twisted: so send them through :wink: :lol: :lol:

Ace did not have the same effect :shock: :evil:

Ace
06-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Ace did not have the same effect :shock: :evil:

Gawd dammit, caught with my pants down again :roll: