PDA

View Full Version : Rider down on freeway 8am(ish)

subdued
22-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Watched a shiny lexus change lanes and take out a VFR? (cant remember now)

Hugest Stopie i ever seen! :shock: with a bit of a spin sideways, summersault, bike goes up, rider goes down :cry:

Luckily the guy seems ok, bikes was a bit banged up.

I rang the ambo second i saw the bike go up just hit 000 and handed the phone to the gf, then we pulled over, ran over to check on the guy, he got up pretty dazed etc etc then we all moved his bike, would have been a good 15 minutes by the time we got it all sorted and off the road then fucked around for a pen and paper, and the ambulance STILL hadn't come when we left.

Too bad if he was seriously injured?

Anyway made me relise how every car really is out to get you on a bike :?

Thinking when i get my license and bike in the new year, i might get up early to avoid peak hour traffic :(

Oh and question? Someone said i get charged for the ambo cos i called it? Thats wrong hey? Not that it matters... rather be hit with a bill than responsible some guy dying.......................... OH AND HE ISNT PSB :P (had to ask him)

hokoyo
22-11-2004, 09:18 AM
It was really good of you to stop and cal the ambo , your quick actions could of saved a life.

Do you know what colour the bike was, there is a vfr that i see quite a lot going home (north) on the freeway.

Did the Lexarse just push him out the way??

and no they cannot charge you for the ambo.

subdued
22-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Was just after the canning hiway merge going into the city,

The VFR was a red. Not sure on VFR wasnt really paying attention to the stickers :? Guy was probably mid to late 30's, on his way to work.

Theres 4 lanes i was in the second from the left, Bike was in the 3rd from the left, he went pass me then 2/3 cars up the lexus decided to change lanes and cut the rider off.

I didnt notice any damage on the lexus... so i think the rider just hit the anchors hard, and flipped it, or only slightly clipped it.

Definatly not the riders fault, he was in the 3rd lane on the left hand side of the lane wasnt splitting or anything stupid. The lexus guy either didnt look at all, or didnt look hard enough.

Lucky peak hours only around 60km/h and the people behind the bike could stop quick.

In all 3 cars stopped to help out, which is nice to see. Guy was a bit dazed and taking my number etc for a witness report. And im like.. YOU KNOW PSB? PSB!!

When it first happened instintly thought "fuck hope it isnt someone on forums"

I still have the snap shot in my head of seeing the bike in the air and just going FUCK FUCK FUCK :?

redxz
22-11-2004, 10:30 AM
good on ya for stopping!

when i had my prang nobody stopped!. the bird that hit me only stopped long enough to get my name and other details then had to hurry off somewhere important.

lucky for me i bounce pretty well.

glad to hear the rider was ok (apart from being a bit dazed)

sathid
22-11-2004, 10:45 AM
normally if there is significant damage and the other driver leaves before the cops get there, i think it's called leaving the scene of an accident. tho melkor might know more about this.
also if anyone is injured you have to stay.

subdued
22-11-2004, 11:01 AM
i think anyone who regulates theses forums would stop if they were witness to a motorbike accident.

devilsaltarboy
22-11-2004, 11:39 AM
i think anyone or regulates theses forums would stop if they were witness to a motorbike accident.

I think anybody here would probably stop in any sort of relatively serious accident car or bike. I have helped at a few car accidents but it is suprpising how the usual reaction of people is to just drive on even when they see the accident occur and its obvious they need assistance. For god sakes the least people could do is pull over and call 000. You dont have to be able to perform heart bypass surgery to help someone.

Wrex
22-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Oh and question? Someone said i get charged for the ambo cos i called it? Thats wrong hey? Not that it matters... rather be hit with a bill than responsible some guy dying.......................... OH AND HE ISNT PSB (had to ask him)

No you will not get charged for the bill. M.V.I.T will pay it. Thats why we pay the extra on our rego you know the 3rd party bit.

A lot of people believe that if they call an Ambulance they will get charged the bill. This is not true 8)

Mydnyt
22-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Oh and question? Someone said i get charged for the ambo cos i called it? Thats wrong hey? Not that it matters... rather be hit with a bill than responsible some guy dying.......................... OH AND HE ISNT PSB (had to ask him)

No you will not get charged for the bill. M.V.I.T will pay it. Thats why we pay the extra on our rego you know the 3rd party bit.

A lot of people believe that if they call an Ambulance they will get charged the bill. This is not true 8)
yup. if an ambo is called to the scene of an accident you won't be charged for it cause its covered by MVIT. However, if you call for one other than roadside, you generally are charged, thus why it helps to pay the $30 odd each year for St John membership (just in case)

Rebecca
23-11-2004, 07:57 AM
When Im getting along in traffic I find it pays to assume that every single car is going to run into me. It keeps me safe.