PDA

View Full Version : This time its gone Federal

Pete
25-11-2004, 09:08 AM
http://www.ministers.dotars.gov.au/ja/rele...joint2_2004.htm (http://www.ministers.dotars.gov.au/ja/releases/2004/November/joint2_2004.htm)

xphread
25-11-2004, 10:00 AM
The introduction of frontal identification for motorcycles
:(

Helmets (/ Tinted visors) still gonna help protect us in another way? :roll:
ie. government and business not wanting "onus of owner" to come into play?

Seems a little pointless without it. :?

gpx_gal
25-11-2004, 10:36 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
*shakes head and walks away*

Hewie
25-11-2004, 12:32 PM
good to see ..the restriction of vehicle performance for P platers is in there ..

anyone else see the r34 that was destroyed in QLD over the weekend

18 yr old doing 200km in a 50 zone .. killed 3 ppl .. one a 15 yr old girl who was pregnant ..

yeah ..and a front licence plate on my R1 is going to fix that ..

Anonymous
25-11-2004, 01:21 PM
One way to get around the teen pregnancy and abortion debates in one hit.

Spoony
25-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Examining the case for daytime running lights on all new vehicles

Fantastic ... motorcycles wont stand out anymore cos all cars lights will be on ... we're doomed :(

The introduction of frontal identification for motorcycles

This will stop me killing myself :roll:

The implementation of the AusRAP system, which will assess roads according to the risk of serious crashes and provides a 'star' rating

How about stop screwing around with stupid ratings and actually fix something :evil:

There are a couple of good points in there but most of it is just a load of hot air !

Deza
25-11-2004, 02:24 PM
will that actually come into action..?? im a lil nieve when it comes to goverment :x

i dont want front plates grrrrr...

Flakey
25-11-2004, 02:25 PM
http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1821_10306208

JiggyJigs
25-11-2004, 02:38 PM
One way to get around the teen pregnancy and abortion debates in one hit.

ouch...cheap shot. Not bad though. :twisted:

sathid
25-11-2004, 02:56 PM
wonder when the compulsory yearly evaluation of drivers over the age of 50 will come in :roll: (pollies are too old)

I've got a mate who is running for state parliament next year (he's 21 next week) so we should all vote for him :D
!!!!!
would be the youngest state parlimentarian ever.

gpx_gal
25-11-2004, 03:00 PM
but does he ride sathid? or own a performance car, pocket bike or similar toy which can get you into a little trouble every now and then?

And indulge in lending them to anon backpackers

sathid
25-11-2004, 04:10 PM
actually no :D
but at least he's not 50 :D

Courts
25-11-2004, 04:36 PM
wonder when the compulsory yearly evaluation of drivers over the age of 50 will come in :roll: (pollies are too old)

I've got a mate who is running for state parliament next year (he's 21 next week) so we should all vote for him :D
!!!!!
would be the youngest state parlimentarian ever.

Yeh thats the big f#^kin problem, all the pollies are getting old & SENILE!!!

sathid
25-11-2004, 04:44 PM
so I can count on your vote? :D lol
apparently people believe he has about a 2% chance of getting in because of his age. maybe that could be changed :D

RT
25-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Age smage! Some people accomplish more in their first 2 years of life than most old f@#ks in their whole entire life.

We do need some younger people in pollitics and not just the nerds with no social skills, (but if you had a social life would you really be interested in pollitics :lol: )

nar good on him for trying, maybe he can kick some of these old knobs out for us!! :twisted:

Goofy
25-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Danger we have here people is that little Johnny Howler no longer has a hostile senate blocking questionable legislation.

I'm not saying he will, just saying it's possible.

Nick7r
26-11-2004, 08:43 AM
hes got my vote

the others never done anything for me, he canT do any worse

XooM
26-11-2004, 03:54 PM
he canT do any worse
just give him enough time and you'll be suprised :wink:

the stink
03-12-2004, 10:14 PM
We do need some younger people in pollitics and not just the nerds with no social skills, (but if you had a social life would you really be interested in pollitics :lol: )

I thought about starting a motoring party and running in the state election but i don't have the time and i don't know if there would be enough interested people to really make it worth while...

To start a political party you have to have 500 members... can't remember if they need to be paid members? anyway its not really very many.

To be a candidate in an election you have to front a $500? buck deposit which you get back if you get a certain percent of the vote (which you probably stand a 0% chance of doing unless you are a major party). You can run as a candidate for a party or as an independant.

Is anyone out there motivated enough to do anything like this? I won't try it on my own and i don't want to be a politician!

dugy
05-12-2004, 03:57 AM

I thought about starting a motoring party and running in the state election but i don't have the time and i don't know if there would be enough interested people to really make it worth while...

To start a political party you have to have 500 members... can't remember if they need to be paid members? anyway its not really very many.

Any clown can start a political party..... :wink:

Remeber this? :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/doug1277/FunkunDuncun-1c.jpg

the stink
05-12-2004, 08:53 AM
dugy you are a sad fellow.... you must have just got off the plane, come straight home and turned your computer on :roll: (how was the holiday?)

Anyway my point was if you think car/bike enthusiast are shafted by government you can either tell everyone how bad it is or actually do something about it(or at least give it a shot). I reckon there is a need for a group that can actually form a resonable argument when the pollies say something stupid.

Just a suggestion, like i said i don't have a great deal of spare time as it is, and i don't want to run for gov't but it would be good to be a part of a group that represented our interests.

just my 2c

On another note i remember when those bungholes started australians against wowsers.... how could you take seriously a party against wowserism who was going to give their preferences to the liberals :shock: LOL i hope those rock apes stick to digging holes.

dugy
05-12-2004, 09:58 AM
dugy you are a sad fellow.... you must have just got off the plane, come straight home and turned your computer on :roll:

GFC!

I heard there was a nasty stack on the chrissy run and I logged on to check.
Something about a car cleaning up at least 1 rider.....hope it was no one here.....
nothing mentioned, so no news is "good news" i guess?

(how was the holiday?)

Unreal! Came back with a second suitcase full of dvd's/games/arak/misc junk......and bali-belly. :oops:

Bunghole
22-08-2010, 05:22 AM
On another note i remember when those bungholes started australians against wowsers.... how could you take seriously a party against wowserism who was going to give their preferences to the liberals :shock: LOL i hope those rock apes stick to digging holes.

Our preferences didn't go to the Liberals. The original 'How to vote' sheet had 'put your numbers wherever you want' but the AEC rejected it, so we had a double-sided one - one had Labour at 6 and Liberal at 7, the other side was the other way around. Go Stink something else up mate.

Crab
22-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Our preferences didn't go to the Liberals. The original 'How to vote' sheet had 'put your numbers wherever you want' but the AEC rejected it, so we had a double-sided one - one had Labour at 6 and Liberal at 7, the other side was the other way around. Go Stink something else up mate.

Nice first post Bunghole, great to have another motorcycle enthusiast around rather than just some moron who trawls the net looking for random forum threads on desired topics to post in.

Unfortunately "the stink" hasn't posted in this forum since 2008, so he might not even view your biting critique. Nevertheless, if you feel like digging up a 6yr old thread isn't dwelling in the past quite enough for you, I've found one from even earlier:
http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f15/new-registration-laws-coming-1st-nov-1121/

Enjoy and welcome to PSB.

M|ke
22-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Link doesn't work anymore...

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
22-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Holy thread resurrection, Batman.

Flamedance
22-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Well I really don't think there is a need to resurrect this crap.
Bunghole, it appears you are bored and were googling yourself/your old failed party/random shite and decided to join up here to stir crap whilst the emotions are still touchy due to current political events. If thats the case and I don't see you post anything relevant over the next few days then I will ban your account.
If you have something worthwhile to contribute to this MOTORCYCLE FORUM then i suggest you do so fairly quickly. Kthnxbai