PDA

View Full Version : New Lap Record for WA?

Sprint
11-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Will Jamie go under the cager lap record on his screaming Ninja?

gohan
11-05-2005, 06:59 PM
yes, but why jamie ;) me thinks brooksy and gilesy will be under the record :)

modaddie
11-05-2005, 07:42 PM
why Jamie? cause he has got the lap record at round one and two...
ooh yeah he has one big advantage his ZX10R

CB Boy
11-05-2005, 07:45 PM
So what is the lap record for cages and bikes respectively?

Disco Frank
11-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by CB Boy@May 11 2005, 07:45 PM
So what is the lap record for cages and bikes respectively?

mm got told the lap record was like 50 seconds for a cage

grandmaster
11-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Kawasaki Racing Team rider Jamie Stauffer will be looking to maintain his perfect 2005 hit rate when he takes to the track at Perth’s Barbagallo Raceway on Sunday, May 29. Stauffer and his 190-horsepower Kawasaki ZX-10R have set a new Superbike lap record at each of the circuits he’s visited so far in the 2005 YMF Loan Australian Superbike Championship – and the New South Welshman will be looking to do the same at the 2.42km Western Australian track.

Stauffer, who currently lies third in the seven-round series, set new lap records at both the opening round at Phillip Island in April and then again at Eastern Creek’s round two earlier this month as he proves his 310km/h Kawasaki ZX-10R is a match for the factory Hondas, Yamahas and Suzukis in the field. And as Stauffer already holds the Supersport lap record at Barbagallo, circuit knowledge won’t be a problem for the factory-supported Kawasaki rider.

With the current Barbagallo Superbike lap record held by Joe Rocket Honda rider Adam Fergusson at 56.123sec, a further carrot for Stauffer will be the tantalisingly close V8 Supercar lap record of 55.944, held by Jason Bright. Can Stauffer make it a double whammy?

However, although the Eastern Creek record was pleasant bonus, and third and second placings good enough for third overall on the day, Stauffer was far from happy with his results as he saw Joe Rocket Honda CBR1000RR rider Josh Brookes take a double win at the Sydney circuit and extend his lead at the head of the championship table.

“I’m pretty disappointed with the result,” said Jamie, who lost out by just 0.171sec in race one at Eastern Creek to his brother Dan as the duo drag-raced to the finishing line.

“Early in the race Dan outbraked himself heading into Turn Two and ran me wide when I had the lead."

“Then on the last lap a lapped rider just ran me straight off the track on the last corner. I have no idea why he wanted to use the concrete patch on the outside of the circuit. I had nowhere to go. That’s racing I guess.”

A consolation for the younger of the two Stauffer brothers was a new lap record of 1:32.023sec, a time 0.712sec quicker than the record previously held by brother Dan.

The racing at Eastern Creek was some of the closest and hardest Superbike racing ever seen in the championship’s 17-year history, and points to more of the same at Barbagallo.

In front of a large and enthusiastic Sydney crowd Brookes held off a spirited challenge from the Stauffer brothers to win both races in the new-format YMF Loan Australian Superbike Championship on Sunday, May 1.

It was an enthralling day’s racing, with the Superbikes hitting speeds of 285km/h along the Eastern Creek front straight, and no quarter given by the top contenders in the two longer races, a change from the three shorter sprints of 2004.

An early indication of the intensity of the competition that was to come came in Saturday’s qualifying sessions, with pole eventually going to Dan’s 2005 Yamaha Racing Team YZF-R1 with a 1:31.274sec set on his very last lap of the session.

Stauffer’s stunning time was within striking distance of the 500cc GP lap record for the 3.93km Sydney circuit, held by 1999 world 500GP champion Alex Criville at 1:30.359.

Brookes was less than impressed to have lost pole in such a way on his ‘home’ circuit, and soon set about making amends. The 22-year-old won the opening Superbike race by 3.133sec from Dan Stauffer’s Yamaha, the latter getting the better of a race-long battle with the Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R of Jamie on the final corner.

Brookes again proved victorious in race two, but this time it was Jamie in second – just 0.072sec behind as the two bikes flashed across the line.

Defending champion Adam Fergusson had a Sydney meeting best forgotten by his lofty standards on his Joe Rocket Honda CBR1000RR, but has stated his fondness for the Barbagallo circuit - where he holds the Superbike lap record at 56.123sec – and his chance to get his championship defence back on track.

“This is a circuit that has always been really good to me and I enjoy going over to the west to compete,” said Fergusson. “The fans are fantastic, and they really enjoy the show that this mobile circus provides.”

Others to watch for in the Superbike field include 2004 championship runner-up Shannon Johnson (Yamaha Racing Team YZF-R1), round one pole-sitter and three-times national Superbike champion Shawn Giles (Team Suzuki GSX-R1000) and Giles’ team mate Glenn Allerton, all on factory-supported bikes.

Add in leading privateers Scott Charlton (Suzuki GSX-R1000), Russell Holland (Honda CBR1000RR) and Robbie Bugden (Yamaha YZF-R1) and it’s a quality field with any one of 10 possible race winners in the 30-plus field.

After two of seven rounds, Brookes has a slender 16pt lead at the head of the table – 95 to 79 – over Dan Stauffer. Brother Jamie’s Kawasaki lies third on 76pts, with Giles fourth on 73 and Fergusson on 61.

In the Australian Motorcycle News Superbike Privateer Cup, Charlton’s two wins from two rounds has him on 97pts, 16pts clear of Holland.

sp500
11-05-2005, 11:50 PM
He's on a 10, but then im biased. B)

Tex
12-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Hmmmmm very interesting Poll , I don't know for sure that he'll take the lap record, but then I don't believe it will be a WA guy who does !! maybe one of the other factory riders !!

What we should be doing is trying to guess what the new lap record will be after final qualifying !! now that would be more of a challange.
I'm guessing it will be 56.35

Ben
12-05-2005, 11:09 AM
the lap record is something like a 56.2, they will def go into the 55s for qualifying but not sure on the race. The V8 drivers think the track has slowed a little as well but there was only one race of the superbikes last year that had a few dry laps......... anyones guess really. I would imagine in the races they will run 56s

Ben
12-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Oh yeah and i think it will be Dan Stauffer on the R1 that takes the record.

Ben
12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Disco Frank@May 11 2005, 12:38 PM
mm got told the lap record was like 50 seconds for a cage

John Bowe did something like a 53-54 in an open wheeler in the 80s i think

Tex
12-05-2005, 11:33 AM
according to MCRCWA the lap record is 57.20 for production superbikes, or 56.60 for superbikes, not sure how up to date the info is, but thats all i'm going by.
I still think 56.35 will be the quickest pace at the round, as long as it stays dry !
if they get down into the 55s it will be damm impressive !!

djnitrous
12-05-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't care because my boyfriend is gay [ 1 ] ** [8.33%]

Maarken, CAD ?

PrestigeCBR
12-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by djnitrous@May 12 2005, 03:52 AM
Maarken, CAD ?

Yea that's one way to limit the voting options :huh:

grandmaster
12-05-2005, 10:37 PM
With the current Barbagallo Superbike lap record held by Joe Rocket Honda rider Adam Fergusson at 56.123sec, a further carrot for Stauffer will be the tantalisingly close V8 Supercar lap record of 55.944, held by Jason Bright.

this comes straight from www.formula-xtreme .com.au official web site of the people who run the australian championships well they took my money for entry and my transponder number so i would guess the above info to be correct . seeing as they run the series they should know who's done what laps .

gohan
13-05-2005, 12:05 AM
me thinks it will be a 55.3-4 :)
rider?? giles or brooksy

PrestigeCBR
20-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Thursday Team Suzuki were doing 56's all day from what I was told, one would think 55's must be on the cards :mellow:

gohan
20-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by PrestigeCBR@May 20 2005, 04:44 PM
Thursday Team Suzuki were doing 56's all day from what I was told, one would think 55's must be on the cards :mellow:

like i said 55.3-4,s for sure and it will be gilesy :)
he might ride a SUZUKI shitbox but his still a legend :)

PrestigeCBR
20-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by gohan@May 20 2005, 09:48 AM
like i said 55.3-4,s for sure and it will be gilesy :)
he might ride a SUZUKI shitbox but his still a legend :)

Well I don't see Josh Brooks doing lap record pace! Last year he wrecked 3 x Honda's and broke his hip, and not forgetting a few years back flipping a wheelie while going down the back straight and throwing the bike over a 8 foot fence :o

I would not write off Adam (Krusty) as he loves Wanneroo and needs to lift his game a notch before he looses touch with the leading group, not to say it's out of reach now, but you don't want to make hard work of it.

It would be nice to see them do those times <_<

xphread
23-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by PrestigeCBR@May 20 2005, 06:36 PM
not forgetting a few years back flipping a wheelie while going down the back straight and throwing the bike over a 8 foot fence :o

120903 :) I saw that! (luckily from the shell corner, so I didnt have to be running from it at the time! :blink: )

First time I saw the bikes at wanneroo. Was a great intro to road bikes! :lol:
(only had dirt bikes up until that point! :lol: )

Hailwood
23-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by xphread@May 23 2005, 02:11 PM
:) I saw that! (luckily from the shell corner, so I didnt have to be running from it at the time! :blink: )

First time I saw the bikes at wanneroo. Was a great intro to road bikes! :lol:
(only had dirt bikes up until that point! :lol: )

Yeah I saw it too......the bike landed about two metres away from me :blink: . Brookes was going apeshit too, he was supposed to ride that bike a phillip island a week later as a wild card rider so he was pretty pissed about trashing it on the warm down lap. Funny though, taking on a cleansing ale, enjoying the racing, when a bike comes flying over the fence and lands behind you... :huh:

Then he asked us to pick it up and hand it to him over the fence.....I was like, um, you may have hurt you head mate; it&#39;s a motorbike, you can&#39;t just pick them and chuck them over the fence. Then he said lots more unrepeatable shit which I took to mean, yes you can. :P So we went over, picked it up and handed it to him like we were passing a carton over the fence......sure it was light because it was now missing everything that had fallen off while it was cartwheeling down the hill, but those 125&#39;s are seriously light. Genetics have ensured I will never be a gun 125 rider...nevermind a lack of ability :D

Warp Speed
23-05-2005, 06:32 PM
I agree Calvin - Krusty will be going hard and he loves Wanneroo. As the current lap record holder he is a safe call to go faster. That and its Josh Brookes&#39; boogey track.

Love the ZX10 like a new girlfriend but the Honda FireBlade is like a comfy pair of slippers (fast slippers :P )

55&#39;s are definately the go for qualifying I reckon

Be a top weekend racing - Warpie

Fenris
23-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Brookesy will have to change his luck if he wants to go this year, last year all I remember seeing is him jumping off his superbike before it burst into flames, followed by him taking someone elses rider-less supersport bike in the crotch area :blink: shortly before being carried off into the sky by the men in white.

Krusty put in a good showing last year, I&#39;m sure he&#39;ll do well this time around.

Hopefully the weather will be a bit better and there&#39;ll be less bikes airborne next weekend than there were last year.

Note to all visiting superbike riders: Look out for that hill crest coming up to turn 7, it&#39;s a doosie :P

PrestigeCBR
23-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Fenris@May 23 2005, 11:03 AM
Note to all visiting superbike riders: Look out for that hill crest coming up to turn 7, it&#39;s a doosie :P

I love ya humor, at least you can have a laugh about it :)

Fenris
24-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Hehe, I tell ya, if I was sore about the whole thing, I&#39;m sure it&#39;d be getting pretty old by now :D

I think you&#39;ve gotta laugh at your mistakes and get past them, besides, if it weren&#39;t for this I&#39;d have to go to the trouble of thinking up a new running gag.

aldo_64
25-05-2005, 11:02 PM
[Nah, no lap records will be broken, there&#39;s too much shite on the track. Mind u, the weather will be favourable, or so we are led to believe...

PrestigeCBR
26-05-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by aldo_64@May 25 2005, 03:02 PM
[Nah, no lap records will be broken, there&#39;s too much shite on the track. Mind u, the weather will be favourable, or so we are led to believe...

Come on Steve, most that crap on the track is small blue and orange bits :huh: :P

Tex
26-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by PrestigeCBR@May 25 2005, 10:31 PM
Come on Steve, most that crap on the track is small blue and orange bits :huh: :P

:D Ouch , there&#39;s a low blow Calvin !!! hehehe but all is fair in the Racecraft section :D
I think Steve slids faster through corners on his back than what you do them on two wheels !! :blink:
Steve Will the bike be ready for Tmrw ? I heard it wasn&#39;t as bad as last time, and that you really got your moneys worth out of that new pipe !! :blink:

PrestigeCBR
26-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Tex@May 26 2005, 01:43 AM
:D Ouch , there&#39;s a low blow Calvin !!! hehehe but all is fair in the Racecraft section :D
I think Steve slids faster through corners on his back than what you do them on two wheels !! :blink:
Steve Will the bike be ready for Tmrw ? I heard it wasn&#39;t as bad as last time, and that you really got your moneys worth out of that new pipe !! :blink:

Leroy&#39;s become boring :huh: lets have fun with Steve :P

BLOFLY 636
26-05-2005, 11:33 AM
My god how can they possibly be any faster honestly is it really possible to get those 190HP machines to go any quicker round the circuit :blink: I was there last year and had a great time seeing the supersport qualification on saturday but was really pissed on sunday when the wind and rain come along to spoil everything :angry: I hope the weather holds out this weekend I am coming up for one last ride then putting the bike in on consignment :D