PDA

View Full Version : Australian Superbike Round 3 perth

grandmaster
20-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi all just a short note to let you know i was out at the track today, for practice before the aust round next week end and if you weren't going to go maybe you should cause if its fine the racing will be awsome, the factory suzukis were out there with us squids today doing 56's all day , iv never seen any thing like what i saw today, was awsome to be out on the track at the same time as these guys they dont fuck around thats for sure almost scary watching them come past me.
Any way should be a good meeting i hope its dry cause i came away today really happy with what i think is a good set up for next week , there's 9 wa guys in formula xtreme including myself and calvin with 17 entries should be good , we have tex in superstock and ralph in super sport so hope to see lots of people there come and say hi .

PrestigeCBR
20-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Yea hope the weather will be fine, but at this stage it looks average for next week.

I'm really looking forward to it, should be awesome. And the C & D Formula Extreme will be at a fast pace as well, with Mike Ward pushing 59's and a couple of the eastern states guys taking it right up to him.

Only a week to go B)

gohan
20-05-2005, 09:27 AM
il be there as a spectator only and i suppose a PIT BITCH if need be :unsure: should be good watching you guys getting lapped by the B GRADER :P
get out there and whip his ASS guys :)

STUART
20-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by gohan@May 20 2005, 09:27 AM
il be there as a spectator only and i suppose a PIT BITCH if need be

what you think you could get that right do you :lol: :P

PrestigeCBR
20-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by gohan@May 20 2005, 01:27 AM
il be there as a spectator only and i suppose a PIT BITCH if need be :unsure: should be good watching you guys getting lapped by the B GRADER :P
get out there and whip his ASS guys :)

I was checking out some of the lap times a couple of the front C graders where doing compared to yourself and Darren at Phillip Island and Eastern Creek (I know you have not done E.C) and knowing that you and Darren are lapping consistant 60's with 59's these C grade riders are going to lap around the 59 second mark, f*^king fast C graders :blink:
I don't even think Mike Ward will win it, but should finish top 3.

Would that be a fair call?

Daniel
20-05-2005, 03:39 PM
You guys are scaring me a little, all this talk of superstock and C/D graders doing 59's! This will be my 2nd race, and I'm flat out breaking into 63's. Geez. Sh*tting myslef already.

Just to confirm also, superstock doesn't permit wets do they? So if it rains do we continue riding on the 208's?

Tex
20-05-2005, 03:41 PM
We ride on the 208s no matter what the weather !! <_<

the 59s they are talking about is in the C and D grade feature, in the superstock they will most likely be doing high 60s into the 61s.....still pretty fast on the 208s !!

PrestigeCBR
20-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Tex@May 20 2005, 07:41 AM

the 59s they are talking about is in the C and D grade feature, in the superstock they will most likely be doing high 60s into the 61s.....still pretty fast on the 208s !!

You just remeber one important thing, stay upright and finish gives you the points ;) No more practicing getting off the bike mid corner.

Daniel
20-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Tex@May 20 2005, 03:41 PM

hmm, I will only have friday practice on the 208&#39;s, what can I expect tex? Less grip all round, or is the front or rear worse?

PrestigeCBR
20-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Daniel Sawtell@May 20 2005, 08:23 AM
hmm, I will only have friday practice on the 208&#39;s, what can I expect tex? Less grip all round, or is the front or rear worse?

I did the Superstock round last year, the front feels real good so you will be able to go into corners as you would at the best of times, but the rear is a differant story. I found turn 1 the worst, as you start rolling on the gas you can feel the rear end moving around. Most other corners are fine, the basin has positive camber so it feels stable but not as gripy as Supsport tyres.
As for the wet, last year two out of the 3 where in the wet. Race two was pissing down so hard you could only see 15 - 20 meters in front of you, tyres are good in the wet, I did better in the wet races than in the dry.

Friday practice will do you the world of good.

monsta
20-05-2005, 09:04 PM
cant wait... go good you blokes! :)

Tex
23-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Daniel,
As Calvin said , the front is pretty good, not as much feel though as my standard tyres, The rear :blink: well F$%K it tends to be a bit slippery at times !! spins out out of turn 1, 6 and 7 every time , but it&#39;s fairly predictable.....except when you give it to much and loose the back end coming outta the basin :rolleyes:
They are predicting rain , which will be a total pain in the arse !
I havn&#39;t ridden on them in the wet....and don&#39;t really want to !!

I managed to do 63 on the dunlops on the first day out on them, so if I get down into the 62s then I&#39;ll be pretty happy with myself !!

PrestigeCBR
23-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Tex@May 23 2005, 12:18 AM
Daniel,
As Calvin said , the front is pretty good, not as much feel though as my standard tyres, The rear :blink: well F$%K it tends to be a bit slippery at times !! spins out out of turn 1, 6 and 7 every time , but it&#39;s fairly predictable.....except when you give it to much and loose the back end coming outta the basin :rolleyes:

I managed to do 63 on the dunlops on the first day out on them, so if I get down into the 62s then I&#39;ll be pretty happy with myself !!

One would think 61&#39;s on sticky rubber.

gohan
23-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Tex@May 23 2005, 08:18 AM
Daniel,

now why would you listen to someone who crashes just about every time his out there :P just get out there and ride mate :)
il be cheering for all of you guys,especially when the prestige boys are about to get lapped :D

Tex
23-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by gohan@May 23 2005, 02:58 AM
now why would you listen to someone who crashes just about every time his out there :P just get out there and ride mate :)
il be cheering for all of you guys,especially when the prestige boys are about to get lapped :D

you tosser Leroy

PrestigeCBR
23-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Leroy don&#39;t complain he is putting food on your table :blink: :P

Getting lapped :huh: F*^k off not me, but I did hear that was the reason you pulled out :P