PDA

View Full Version : Official PSB - Looking for work thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

FireStorm
02-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Ok so here it is. The PSB job networking thread 1/2. Basic rules are as follows:

1: If your out of work and lookinf for a job, this is the place for you.
2: Post up what you do/want to do and what area your in.
3: Licenses helps (ie auto or manual car, light/heavy truck, forklift ect)
4: If your not looking for work, DO NOT POST HERE!
5: If you wish to speak to a person about employing them or a job you know of thats availale, please PM the relevent person/people.

Stick to the rules please, this is about helping those of the PSB family without employment.

Desmo
02-04-2009, 06:15 PM
IT work, Helpdesk, Level 1 2 and 3 Apple and Windows.
Labouring or anything manual.
HR licence, Bobcat and Loader tickets.

Racer
02-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Mechanical Designer/drafter

Associate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
8 years experience, last 5 primarily with Autodesk Inventor
Have designed Semi-trailers, earthmoving accesories, agricultural equipment and Hotwater systems.

chief wiggum
02-04-2009, 09:53 PM
electrical fitter/mechanic with instrumentation ticket. got the usual confined space/working at heights tickets, HC licence, senior 1st aid. experienced at everything from house wiring to gas pipelines to sticking stuff on top of very tall structures. just dont ask me about electric motors and VSD's. they scare me.

HotelBushranger
03-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Looking for part time work, anytime Friday-Sunday, experience in retail, sales, labouring, small amount of management, prefer hands on work, enjoy tinkering, manual + RE license, senior first aid, basic exp in mig, arc and oxy welding just not too flash at it, computer literate.

chee
20-04-2009, 03:41 PM
friend of mine is looking for work. qualified sparky. ewp and safe work at heights tickets. car license. experienced in panel work.

looking for work as a sparky or in sales.

cheers.

nipPs
24-04-2009, 09:36 AM
ANYTHING for the next 3 months:
Exp in admin, advertising, printing (degree in creative advertising) - but will do anything seriously..

:shok:

Coruja
01-05-2009, 04:46 AM
For my brother:

Looking for some PT/FT/Cas work in laboring maybe even some bar work.

22 yo, he is a real strong guy at 6'3. And has lots of exp in both laboring and hospitality (Working in Karratha/Wickham as a TA and working at various bars/hotels in Perth)

He lives in Tuart Hill I think it is, and he has a car.

PM me and ill give you his Mobile number.

LuLu
06-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Looking for office/clerical/admin/reception work.

Have worked in retail for 10 years, worked in current employment (with Vodafone) for nearly 6 years, 2 of those years in management (which has involved a bit of admin work and a lot of face to face dealings with clients and customers). Looking to get out of retail.

I live in Lesmurdie but work in Warwick at the moment so I'm ok to drive anywhere but somewhere closer to home would be awesome. I'm happy to learn specific computer systems but have a pretty good understanding of Microsoft Office.

Have my manual car licence and RE licence so transport is not an issue. Please PM if you know of ANYTHING going :) Please note that I need to give my current employment at least 2 weeks notice.

Cheers everyone,

Lou

rc_sam
06-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Product/Asset Manager

10+ years Retail and Wholesale experience includes
Product/asset ordering and dispatch, logistics.
Warehouse management
Import/Export
Foreign exchange
Customs clearance
Forklift ticket
OHS blue card

Computer Literate in MS office and many various software.

Educational background in Mech eng.
Capable of fast learning.

Thanks
Sam

ApatheticEnd
06-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Electronics Technician - 8 years practical experiance in defence, trainsit, and subsea technologies. Experiances range from field service to production to teaching and management. Willing to travel a bit but no FIFO or rotational work. My resume is to extensive to go into here but if you know of anything please let me know. I'm not desperate for work as I am good financially ATM but I get bored sitting aroud too much so i'd like something fairly soon.

If you know of any good technology jobs resources please let me know.

Thanks
Josh

Hazelnutty
07-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I may as well put myself up here...

Environmental Advisor, looking for FIFO work... any mine site / construction... 3 years + experience...
Fields of 'expertise': Regulatory approvals; environmental impact assessments (EIA); environmental management systems and plans (EMS/EMP); environmental rehabilitation & restoration and environmental education... and anything else 'greenie' in between :)

Cheers,
V.

Barfridge
08-05-2009, 12:05 AM
It's sad to see so many awesome people looking for work. I sincerely hope you guys find something good soon. Apparently the unemployment rate here just fell to 4.5%, not that you'd know it if you're looking

Maxo
08-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Anything mon-fri pref F/T

Graphics(hons degree in graphic design), advertising, printing, labouring, barwork... will consider anything.
Experience in a broad variety of jobs, Fork ticket.

zed7fiddy
09-05-2009, 08:51 AM
About to graduate with a bachelor's in mechanical engineering (end of this year). Looking for a grad program placement (or similar), company of any size, with a balance between practical engineering and office work. Open to any industry, have a wide variety of other skills. PM me and we can discuss.

Peace.

Melchior
12-05-2009, 04:35 PM
My mate is looking for a job, he has experience in retail and warehousing, currently in sales but looking for a change.

He has a fork ticket and HR license, so something in warehousing, truck driving or delivery driving would be great. He's a good, honest fella and is very reliable.

Please PM me if you know of anything and I will put him in touch...

Cheers.

Yagadan
12-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I could use a job soon.

Anything mon to fri.
labouring is good i can lift heavy shit
LF(forklift)/LO(Order picker) licences
Own transport

If anyone knows of anything PM me.

Teedo
17-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Looking for any kind of musical work, Whether it be for a commercial, Your business, Radio etc. Check my sig for my work

Goofy
25-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Was made redundant on Friday, so I'm looking for work.

I'm looking for a Project Officer / Coordinator role. I have a Cert 4 in Project management and will have my Diploma of Project Management and Diploma of Business finished by July his year. I have experience in procurement, document control, reading and interpreting building plans, breaking up plans and documents for tendering, contracts administration and interpreting scope and specifications.

The previous company I worked for was in the building and construction Industry. I have been involved in the construction of houses and multiple dwelling units (apartments and townhouses) as well as commercial fitout.

Desmo
25-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Shit, sorry to hear mate.

Goofy
25-05-2009, 10:11 AM
yeah well, brakes, that's where they are

Flyboy
27-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Just got made redundant today, so now looking for work.
I'm an aircraft maintenance engineer, airframe/engine trade.

I have experience on both Lycoming and Continental piston engines, as well as limited experience with turbocharging systems (Navajo installation).

Turbine experience includes PT-6 servicing (including hot section overhauls) and troubleshooting, PW100 (and 120) removal/installation and rigging as well as servicing and troubleshooting. Lots of time on the Garrett 331 turboprop family of engines, especially -3 and -10 variants in a Metro configuration.

Airframe experience is mostly heavy maintenance and 'C' checks on larger aircraft (Fokker 50 & 100, Dash 8-100 and Q400, ATR-72). Have carried out numerous service checks and phase inspections on Metro's, King Airs etc.

Have a confined space (breathing apparatus) and working at heights ticket. Also have training in CPR and the use of Defibrillators.

Will do line checks, turn-arounds, flight line servicing and general ground support and have experience in aircraft towing and ground handling, both fixed wing and rotary wing.

MaximPrime
27-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Looking For work

Advanced Rigger
Working at Heights
Confined Space
Industrial Rope Access Level 1
EWP
BOSIET
MSIC

Been working out in the mining construction for the past 2 years.. been trying to get offshore, will take anything at the moment

SzyCo
27-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Looking for work,

Qualified and registered light vehicle mechanic - 12 years experience
I have spent some time (a few months) in the office as service manager also.
I also did roof carpentry for 2 years years.

I'm looking for work that only requires one arm or doesn't have any heavy lifting for a while as I've just discovered I have a busted thumb tendon and require further surgery. I won't be able to use it again properly for up to three months.

Fairly happy to do just about anything - parts interpretor, shelf stacking etc... Not desperate for work, just bored of being at home.

I live near Kwinana but happy to travel

Kaido
03-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Looking for Part-Time Work

Mechanical Engineering Diploma And Advanced Diploma
Currently studying at Curtin Mechanical Engineering (2nd/3rd year student)

I'm looking for some part-time, or work experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering but will be happy with anything in the engineering industry

My hours will be depending on my uni times, Can start full-time work in july then back to part-time work in August when uni starts up again.

Live NOR, but happy to travel

Thanks Michael

harns
07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Looking for an electrical apprenticeship, im 18
Passes in physics, chemistry, applicable maths and english
Got some previous TA work helping a sparky (father)
looking to start whenever, pretty flexible for hours or whatever just let me know. cheers.

andy_b
07-06-2009, 02:06 PM
looking for something part time tuesday afternoons and thursday all day and friday all day around the central/north area anything available during the day really...
exp in hospitality, retail, opening/closing shopfronts
auto+RE license
at uni doing bach of commerce major property...

Jedi
09-06-2009, 03:49 PM
looking for something part-time, preferably in a computing/electrical field (studying electronic engineering and computer sciene) but will take pretty much anything. I have dropped back on my units next semester and need the cash so I can offer plenty of hours.

zobo
11-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Part time/Full time restaurant work, preferably daytime but anything is of interest. Experienced waitress/bartender. I live in Vic Park so would prefer SOR.

GIXSIR
11-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Looking for some work guys
Have forklift ticket, first aid certificate. Want $20+ an hour
Previous warehouse experience and plenty of forklift hours behind me.
Start 2-3 weeks. Cheers

Jonchilds
13-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Looking for full time work.

Degree in Chemistry with Energy Studies minor
Honours degree in Mineral Science (Hydrometallurgy, Literature Review, Research Project)
Previously employed as Graduate Metallurgist, but work has downsized twice this year.

Happy to take on new & challenging job roles and additional training.

Start anytime late June onwards.

mattg
21-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I am looking for a second job. I currently work Monday to Friday days so I am available to work weeknights and weekends. Ideally I would like to work 10 - 20 hours per week.

I am not looking for work in any particular field but previous experience is as follows:

- 7 years working for various cinema companies, initially in a technical role and later as a manager.
- 3 years running my own business installing telecommunication and data cabling, tv reception systems and some sub-contract work for foxtel.
- I am currently employed as a aircraft ground handler.

I have C & R class licences and my own car. I live in Herne Hill but am willing to travel.

I can be contacted by PM or on 0415425524.

Duffman
07-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Looking to pick up some "one the side" work.

3D modeling in SolidWorks
FEA / stress analysis

shui
14-07-2009, 10:06 PM
looking for work/internship..

not fussed about what work..willing to learn as well..but am limited to working 20hours per week..and only mornings till about 3pm on weekdays..can work most times on weekends too..if anyone from a bike shop wants me i'm very interested to learn the fixing/repairing/mechanical side of things..

as for internship..something related to marketing or electronic commerce maybe? don't mind being paid less..whole point of it is to learn..fresh uwa marketing and electronic commerce graduate doing his master degree in marketing now..

thanks in advance..

Argon
22-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Have a friend who is a graduate Chemical Engineer.

Graduated with honours from Curtin in 2007.

Has been working in Oil and Gas but the small company he was working for has made a bunch of people redundant. Last in, first out.

PM me if you know of anything.

Is interested in any form of engineering work. Be it design, management, projects, etc.

Dyno
27-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I should have posted here first.
Looking for casual/part time work. Mondays and weekends only. Just something to supplement the wife's income while I'm studying my masters.(Chem Eng)

Uncle Flash
03-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm looking for some Casual/Part time/Full time work to pay some bills and maybe rebuild my savings. I've been around and I've done a lot of different things over the years so I'm nothing if not versatile. Mainly admin but too many other skills to mention here. I threw most of my ambitions away when I turned 40 so I'm pretty happy to do anything. I can send a resume if needed. Also, please PM if you know of any leads.

One issue: I've a shoulder problem which precludes anything over a kilo with my left arm.

Thanks.

carlos
04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Just finished my Diploma at TAFE (IT Networking)

Looking for either something in the IT industry (preferably not only on the phones) or some sort of Labor/Factory work.

Also interested in Traineeships/apprenticeship on the mines, if anyone has any sort of internal job boards at work?

Full time work 38hrs (or more)
SOR or CBD would be best

Manual C Class
Working with Children Check
Police Clearance

Cheers

Matso
05-08-2009, 02:06 PM
I have a young man staying with me whom is a qualified mechanical fitter that is looking for work in related fields.

PM me for further details.

lit
05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Customer service/food prep background.

Looking for anything that pays.

Ice
06-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Due to my role being moved over east and some restructure, I've decided that rather than take on another role I've been offered with my current employer, it's time to move on...

I'm currently doing psych casework administration, but I've previously done contract management, lease and equipment management, vehicle fleet management and just about every aspect of administration.

I also have hospitality management and extensive customer service experience.

Ideally I'd like to either move into Payroll/HR or go back to contract or fleet management or alternately take a totally different path and try a new challenge.

If you have anything requiring my skills, or something totally different that I can do with a very strong work ethic but little experience, I'd love to hear from you.

I would also happily consider any short term or temp work to keep me busy while I'm looking for something permanent.

Please PM me or email p.m@live.com.au.

Stephan
13-08-2009, 11:28 AM
One of my mates just got made redundant at the RAC. He is an experienced car mechanic, who worked in roadside assist for the last 2 years. Before that he worked at a minesite as heavy duty serviceman. Mostly on Cat 793 C+D, Liebherr 994+996, O+K 340, Cat 992 and 24H and other various support machinery.

His partner just had a baby, so local work would be preferable. If a
nybody knows of any car mechanic or mining equipment service jobs, could you please PM me? Thanks!

Drenelin
16-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Sister's boyfriend is looking for work. He's a Northern Irish bloke with a visa that only allows him to work 6 months in any one place which means most employers aren't interested. He's been working as a kitchen hand for the past 6 months, but he has also done 3 years of a joinery apprenticeship (no ticket). He worked as a night porter for the previous two years in a Belfast hotel. He holds the UK equivalent of a C-class licence and is a perfectionist, very hard working and will not pull sickies or complain if work gets tough. He ideally would like to work with cars (detailing) or in a skate shop and has a massive interest in both areas, but will do pretty much anything so long as he gets paid.

He lives in the northern suburbs, not far from hillarys marina and has his own transportation. If anyone knows of anything please PM me.

AlpineAx
17-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Looking for work on or around scaffolding to gain more experience, it being either shutdown or construction/metro work. Currently hold a Forklift & SA ticket, WA Blue Card along with an Medium Rigid license. Any more details wanted send a PM
Thanks

infernale
25-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I will be looking for work again in a few months time.

Basically I have had the following roles/experience - I know this is probably not the most relevant place, but all networks is good networks.

1) Pizza Hut Asst. Manager
2) Fed Govt. Customer Service
3) Fed Govt. Senior Customer Service
4) Fed Govt. Team Leader
5) Fed Govt. Corporate Performance Analyst
6) Rio Tinto Industry Analyst
7) State Govt. random work Project Officer (Mainly Gas/Electricity related)

I am also currently completing my MBA

Looking for work as: Analyst, Project Officer, Data Q/A, Business Improvement, KPI Development, Business Intelligence etc.

Yagadan
25-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Can anyone get me bar work?

Perth metro?

Getting RSA this week.

Any amount of hours is good.

ta :)

carlos
25-08-2009, 09:24 PM
^ also looking for Bar/Bottleshop work, Completed RSA today, just waiting for it to be sent out.

CBD or SOR would be fantastic

andy_b
28-08-2009, 11:36 AM
looking for early morning work in cafe or something... 7ish to 10ish times... monday to friday west perth area... if any1 knows of anything pls pm me :)

got exp in cafes before....

Stoneville
28-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Andy needs work (I not keeping him forever) he'd prefer to do adhock work rather than be employed fulltime

Handyman (qualified Cabinet Maker) fix up jobs, no plumping he hates that, can lay bricks, hang doors, repair nearly anything wooden, good at putting your *cough* Ikea *cough* together if you can't or fixing up that chest of draws or chair

or Housepainting - will do 1 room jobbies or full house, has painted the interior of a couple of 2 storey houses recently

wolfy_9005
28-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Anything really. I went to tafe to do commercial cookery, worked at nandos as a griller and a assistant manager for almost 2 years, worked as a kitchen hand for a bit.

Looking for either a job in a kitchen or anything really.

SOR prefered, send me a PM if you need someone.

Yagadan
01-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Can anyone get me bar work?

Perth metro?

Getting RSA this week.

Any amount of hours is good.

ta :)

Bumpskies.

RSA arrived in the mail today.

Can't find much in the way of bar work searching online :(

Viper
01-09-2009, 08:21 PM
One of my mates just got made redundant at the RAC. He is an experienced car mechanic, who worked in roadside assist for the last 2 years. Before that he worked at a minesite as heavy duty serviceman. Mostly on Cat 793 C+D, Liebherr 994+996, O+K 340, Cat 992 and 24H and other various support machinery.

His partner just had a baby, so local work would be preferable. If a
nybody knows of any car mechanic or mining equipment service jobs, could you please PM me? Thanks!

if he wants to go FIFO we need some mechanics.

Viper
01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Due to my role being moved over east and some restructure, I've decided that rather than take on another role I've been offered with my current employer, it's time to move on...

I'm currently doing psych casework administration, but I've previously done contract management, lease and equipment management, vehicle fleet management and just about every aspect of administration.

I also have hospitality management and extensive customer service experience.

Ideally I'd like to either move into Payroll/HR or go back to contract or fleet management or alternately take a totally different path and try a new challenge.

If you have anything requiring my skills, or something totally different that I can do with a very strong work ethic but little experience, I'd love to hear from you.

I would also happily consider any short term or temp work to keep me busy while I'm looking for something permanent.

Please PM me or email p.m@live.com.au.

we're looking for a fleet management person but job closes tomorrow if you're interested.

Tic
01-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Looking for security guard / bouncer work.

If anyone knows a company that might be employing please PM me.
SOR preferred.

ashmo
01-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Looking for security guard / bouncer work.

If anyone knows a company that might be employing please PM me.
SOR preferred.

pm sent

Manyak
02-09-2009, 02:40 AM
pm sent

are you thinking wat i'm thinking?

Posted via Mobile Device

Mirkz
02-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Yagadan, in the last 2 nights alone I've managed to find a places with bar work etc on seek.

just click the casual/vacation and then click perth.
done.

Yagadan
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Yagadan, in the last 2 nights alone I've managed to find a places with bar work etc on seek.

just click the casual/vacation and then click perth.
done.

Hey cheers.

Just had a look on seek and found a few places, sending off some emails and phone calls now.

ratman
07-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Extensively experienced electrical fitter/mechanic. Keen, motivated etc etc... "A" grade licence, Austel/ACA licence, Hiab, Forklift, EWP tickets. Strong Mechanical Electrical background, motors, vsd's, heater banks, DDC/BMS systems. Fixed plant maintenance also..

Pva_Glue
07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
G'day I am looking for casual work either early morning or afternoon 4:30 ~ midnight...
probably night fillers or shopping center after hour cleaning job or something...etc.

I already have full time job at the Murdoch University, but I want some extra cash for house savings.

I am very fit, punctual and flexible guy who wants extra cash.
I live very close to Murdoch uni.

I have experience in medical area, I was field medic in previous previous job ( I have to get my senior first aid thought...), Im also have experience on photocopying lots of Legal documents...etc.

please PM me if you have good work place.

I can send my resume anytime :)

Joey

mcmurray
07-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Extensively experienced electrical fitter/mechanic. Keen, motivated etc etc... "A" grade licence, Austel/ACA licence, Hiab, Forklift, EWP tickets. Strong Mechanical Electrical background, motors, vsd's, heater banks, DDC/BMS systems. Fixed plant maintenance also..

Want to work internationally?

View Advert (http://careers.austal.com/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=68872&NRJobBoardID=2ss9a51t9f9akktfd49lf6ce63g9pr55)

Send Austal a resume in any event. It looks like you have all the skills needed to be a good commissioning engineer.

Mirkz
07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Looking for extra work, week nights/weekends.
Wanna be clearing close to, if not more than 250pw after tax.
something casual etc would be good. (I work fulltime during the week and sometimes weekends).

Leviathan
08-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Would be interested in talking with any electrical contractor willing to offer "work experience" for myself to upgrade my WA A grade electrical fitters licence to the fitter / mechanics endorsement. Exposure to all types of domestic & commercial installations & testing would be ideal.

Can't afford to give up my job, but usually get 5 days off in every 10 (shift worker). Not asking for $$ ATM (but more than happy if you want to give me some :D), just the experience. Have basic hand tools, blue card, senior 1st aid etc.

Please PM.

Cheers
Troy

8years
08-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Anyone know any companies hiring mechatronic engineers?

Spuddy
08-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Looking for a second job, available all weeknights and all day on weekends.
Something casual preferably, but even part time is fine as long as it fits around my 9-5, Monday to Friday that I already have.

wolfy_9005
16-09-2009, 05:38 AM
Still looking, will accept apprenticeship positions, general bullshit work, pick-pack, factory hand, etc. I learn fast, have a pretty good memory(i remember everything, it's like a sponge)....

Willing for anything. Applying en masse atm, but i dunno if i will get any jobs.....applied for an apprenticeship at burswood for a chef, but got turned down for that....meh

Fucking amerikans ruining the economy because they cant pay their mortgages off...

Grinch
16-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Here's the official add ... This is a juniour position as in pay terms ....

PM me if interested ...

Gr......

M&B Sales is a wholly West Australian owned company operating as a leading distributor to the building industry for the past 40 years.

We are an equal opportunity employer seeking a self-motivated I.T. Assistant wishing to train and develop their IT skills with in a progressive company on a fulltime basis at our Bayswater Head Office.

The ideal candidate will report to the IT Manager and have a working knowledge in the use of Microsoft products, the ability to act as front line support/training for all user software and hardware requirements. Experience in networks, Windows server 2003, Linux, SQL, Basic web skills and Pronto Software would be well regarded but not essential for this position. A Current Australian C class diverís license is essential.

MRK
16-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey guys just recently got out of work...

19 yo - experience includes maitre'd role in restaurant, fine dining service, bar work, managing on licensed premises.

Looking for something more casual, possibly a bar etc... wouldn't mind cafe or even retail (mebe a phone shop)...

PM if interested, not in any hurry ^_^

Viper
16-09-2009, 12:04 PM

PM'd you a job app :)

mcmurray
16-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Anyone know any companies hiring mechatronic engineers?

View Advert (http://careers.austal.com/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=66659&NRJobBoardID=9hq0b518fr166e24fb1frf84veq3aec4)

Let me know if you're going to apply.

SzyCo
17-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Looking for work,

Qualified and registered light vehicle mechanic - 12 years experience
I have spent some time (a few months) in the office as service manager also.
I also did roof carpentry for 2 years years.

I'm looking for work that only requires one arm or doesn't have any heavy lifting for a while as I've just discovered I have a busted thumb tendon and require further surgery. I won't be able to use it again properly for up to three months.

Fairly happy to do just about anything - parts interpretor, shelf stacking etc... Not desperate for work, just bored of being at home.

I live near Kwinana but happy to travel

I can't edit my original post (too long ago) But wrist and tendons are all fixed up, well as good as their gonna get. And am back at work on the tools again.

Cheers

MRK
23-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Still looking for work.

Available any time of the week (used to work 70+ hours so i'm used to it).

Preferably phone store retail. Anyone know of any positions available PM me please. Casual/Fulltime doesn't matter, but bear in mind I have uni starting next Feb.

Thanks ^_^

Hazelnutty
24-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Dad just got retrenched, as his company has no upcoming projects...

About 11 odd years experience in sheet metal insulation, lagging, cryogenic engineering...
would appreciate any leads...

FJ Steve
25-09-2009, 02:09 PM
***HELP***

Our daughter (Jessica) is looking for new employment. 22 years old, strong Admin/Book-keeping/Office skills. NOR only (at this stage). Smart kid, quick learner, mature, reliable and very polite. She would prove to be a worthy asset to any front desk/reception role (if you know what I mean - she has my good looks, because her mother has still got hers :lol:).

PM me here for details.......thanks

steve2438
04-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Got laid off 4 weeks ago from a Mining company....2nd Line Desktop Support..

Over 10 years Ex in IT and a year in Drafting using Microstation V8 and Autocad

Thanks in Advance

Steve:)

Murley
08-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Hello, we have a job opening for night-shift, 5 nights a week (including weekends). Shift is from 10pm-6am, we're an inbound call centre for various companies, the few calls we receive over-night are basically after-hours calls for councils in WA and some in Tassie. You may get other calls here and there from people looking to get their dog washed at 2am but that's pretty rare. If interested let me know.

chee
13-10-2009, 08:35 PM
looking for a job starting in december. keen to do anything.

21 years old. studying property and finance. one more semester before im finished.

have my rsa. worked in bars, restaurants, department stores and wrecker. my most recent and current job is with the curtin student guild, but my employment ceases on the 30th of november.

ideally id love a job with something to do with my degree. but i just need some work over the summer.

thanks.

Karati
15-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I am after a senior piping/mechanical designer position. Oil and gas work is preffered but I have experience in mineral process also. I can provide equipment and have my own company for casual drafting/design/modelling.
Expert user with autocad and microstation plus a variety of other platforms.
Qualifications include Dip. Eng. Mechanical and Dip. Project Management.

Would be very grateful for any leads.

Thanks

Viper
26-10-2009, 01:47 PM
have 2 parts coordinator jobs going. PM me and i'll provide the link.

=Stevo=
26-10-2009, 02:31 PM
got a friend who has finished his first part of his architecture degree, doesn't really want to do his masters...

He would prefer to pick up some work that involves some design / drawing / management / whatever, whether it is drafting or landscape design he doesn't really care - anything along those kind of lines (and other work considered too, as long as it has some potential for career advancement)

If you know of anything going, please let me know.
Cheers

kenty
26-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey everyone,

today I got marching orders from work, somehow they hired 10 too many people so yeh the apprentices finishing up have to go

basically I'll be looking to start in January, by that time I'll have a certain 4 in aircraft maintennance engineering

some examples of the the work I do are

- work on hydromechanical systems
- work on pneumatic systems
- work on airframes
- work on the pt6 engine

varying between removal and installation to troubleshooting systems

there is alot more I have done but basically that's a quick summary

I wouldn't mind changing fields or even the mines so please if u know of anything or anyone that can help please do

wannabee
12-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey Guys,
Looking for a day job and hoping someone from PSB might know of something!

Prefer something like a bottle shop or something with a little interaction with people.
Looking for monday to friday or saturday during the days... Hoping for a 30+ hour week if possible...
Weekend and Wednesday nights along with sunday days are out due to other work and sporting commitments.

Ive worked in a bar for the last year and still counting, Just moved on from my paintball gig due to a clash with sporting commitments.
Prior to those was a movie theatre for three years.
So i stick to jobs for a fair while, and learn new things quite quickly.
When it comes to work im very organized and have previous experience in leadership roles.
I have my own transport, Both Car and Bike at the moment, however Car will be becoming a more dominant transport mode.
Im situated in the Northern suburbs around warwick, but am more than willing to travel within a reasonable distance to work.

If you know of anything, even if its not in the exact description, please let me know! :)
You might have the perfect job, and i didnt realize it! :)
Thank you,
Wannabee

kenty
17-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey everyone,

today I got marching orders from work, somehow they hired 10 too many people so yeh the apprentices finishing up have to go

basically I'll be looking to start in January, by that time I'll have a certain 4 in aircraft maintennance engineering

some examples of the the work I do are

- work on hydromechanical systems
- work on pneumatic systems
- work on airframes
- work on the pt6 engine

varying between removal and installation to troubleshooting systems

there is alot more I have done but basically that's a quick summary

I wouldn't mind changing fields or even the mines so please if u know of anything or anyone that can help please do

Does anyone have any contacts in the mines I would try FIFO work as a fitter/serviceman or something similar to that most places I have tried from seek want previous exp in the mining industry any help would be great.

lit
17-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Looking for a job such as a trades assistant in something preferably close to boiler making but anything would be great. I have a cert 1 in Engineering (heavy metals fabrication).

lowkey
25-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi all, I'm looking for Systems Administrator/Engineer type jobs...

TYSON
25-11-2009, 07:53 AM
hey peoples of PSB, my lovely partner Jess (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/members/15983/jess) is currently looking for work, Admin/Reception/Mail etc etc Part Time/Full Time.

If you have anything let me know

Brougham
25-11-2009, 08:35 AM
can she use MYOB?

chee
25-11-2009, 09:45 AM
any jobs in property development going?

mcmurray
25-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi all, I'm looking for Systems Administrator/Engineer type jobs...

What kind of engineering job? Do you have a degree? If so I may be able to help you out.

steemin
25-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Any leads for a UNIX sys admin?

TYSON
25-11-2009, 12:43 PM
can she use MYOB?

not yet but was going to give her the run down as she learns pretty quick.

Lynx_250
26-11-2009, 10:18 PM
hey all

Currently im doing my Cert 4 in IT(Networking). Its a part time course, and im about half way completed. Looking for entry level work in the IT industry, so if anyone here's anything, drop me a line thru my email, halford@amnet.net.au, or PM me for my mobile number.

Cheers

Rossco

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
27-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I think I've finally hit my bullshit limit.

I'm trawling Seek and the usual places, will spend a bit of time with recruitment people next week, but may as well put it out here as well.

I'm on the hunt for IT flavoured work, I've got experience a range of things from Windows system administration to producing training packages to repairing wax printers (that takes me back...). Have been around the IT and mining industry for around a decade and am currently working for a company providing software and consulting services to the mining industry, directly supporting and assisting a large iron ore producer. My role involves dealing with issues related to training users, mine dispatch and reporting systems. Fairly important stuff to get right. ;)

If anybody knows of anything in the IT/resources industry, I'd love to hear from you, otherwise I'll just keep sifting through the usual sources.

Cheers,
-Cam

JaR6d
27-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Cam, my old lady runs an IT recruitment agency (Sense-IT) and she seems to be handing out jobs left right and centre.

maybe give her a bell?

EDIT: actually, reading through there may be a few IT guys who can use it.

Sense-IT : Home (http://www.sense-it.com.au/)

Morgs
27-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Cam, my old lady runs an IT recruitment agency (Sense-IT) and she seems to be handing out jobs left right and centre.

maybe give her a bell?

Is Anita your Mum?

Fastgirl
27-11-2009, 01:25 PM
I think I've finally hit my bullshit limit.

I'm trawling Seek and the usual places, will spend a bit of time with recruitment people next week, but may as well put it out here as well.

I'm on the hunt for IT flavoured work, I've got experience a range of things from Windows system administration to producing training packages to repairing wax printers (that takes me back...). Have been around the IT and mining industry for around a decade and am currently working for a company providing software and consulting services to the mining industry, directly supporting and assisting a large iron ore producer. My role involves dealing with issues related to training users, mine dispatch and reporting systems. Fairly important stuff to get right. ;)

If anybody knows of anything in the IT/resources industry, I'd love to hear from you, otherwise I'll just keep sifting through the usual sources.

Cheers,
-Cam

You have probably looked already...can you adapt your skills to this?http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f40/official-psb-workers-wanted-thread-80947/3

JaR6d
27-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Is Anita your Mum?

Correct, have you dealt with her before?

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
27-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Not a code monkey I am afraid.

Morgs
27-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Correct, have you dealt with her before?
Not actually done any business with her yet, but she has been into see me to discuss any requirements we might have in the future.

While we were chatting, she told me that she had a son who rode bikes, so I guess that would be you!

Cam, I recommend you talk to Anita, she is really nice and knows absolutely EVERYONE in Perth.

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
27-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks buddy. Emailing her now.

JaR6d
27-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Tell her I said Hi ;-)

chee
27-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Me want cookies! (http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?Sequence=80&PageNumber=1&jobid=16401401)

Those looking for a job in IT.

FJ Steve
27-11-2009, 04:42 PM
***HELP***

Our daughter (Jessica) is looking for new employment. 22 years old, strong Admin/Book-keeping/Office skills. NOR only (at this stage). Smart kid, quick learner, mature, reliable and very polite. She would prove to be a worthy asset to any front desk/reception role (if you know what I mean - she has my good looks, because her mother has still got hers :lol:).

PM me here for details.......thanksTo all those kind and sincere PSB members who PM'd me with job offers, opportunities, suggestions and general support, I (and Jessica) thank you.

She has found a job with a Financial Services Company, in the city, doing exactly what she wanted. She was offered the job within 2 business hours of attending the interview.

So...happy Christmas for our daughter and her partner....both of them have now started new employment, doing exactly what they wanted.

Cheers all.

T-Rex
27-11-2009, 05:02 PM
anyone with a super yacht (or smaller) needing crew? delivery crew? mop monkey?
I'm on uni break and would like to get out there

Barfridge
27-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Stormrider: send Rooster a PM. It's not a superyacht, but it's close :lol:

Ty the Great!
27-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Tell her I said Hi ;-)

Not to steal the parade but I've sent a heartfelt application to your mum in regards to her business positions available. It's about time I get back into I.T and stop dragging my feet as a drone elsewhere.

Stuart (you know who you are) if you read this, seal them lips of yours. I don't need anymore spite at work as it is.

uhhmm, all the best to everyone?! Yes! ;)

Sunshine & F'n Rainbows
27-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Tell her I said Hi ;-)

I didn't mention any names, just that I'd had some referrals. We'll meet on Thursday to discuss my options :)

Me want cookies! (http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?Sequence=80&PageNumber=1&jobid=16401401)

Those looking for a job in IT.

Saw that, add another 30k and subtract having to deal with uni students.

19andrew59
01-12-2009, 11:44 AM
As the title says, I'm looking for some part-time, casual or contract work.
After hours (I finish at 4pm) or on weekends.
I'm currently in Kallaroo but will be shifting to Claremont shortly.
I have an ACN / ABN.
I am currently working as a Senior Electrical Designer in Perth.
I'm using Microstation, but am also competent with AutoCad.
I am licensed as as an Electrical Fitter / Mechanic in WA.
I have an Electrical Contractors License.
I have a ticket for small engines and motorcycles and spent many years as a mechanic in the motorcycle industry.
I am mechanically / electrically adept.
I can and have turned my hand to many jobs / industries over the years and am not afraid of a hard days work.
Anyone?
Thanks,
Andy

EL BURITO
01-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Looking for F/T work in Safety,
OSH Diploma and most of my OHS degree (doing external/night)
3 years experience in Safety.

Living NOR atm commute to Kewdale atm Canningvale before that also willing FIFO
Please PM if you have/know of anything

=Stevo=
02-12-2009, 10:47 AM
My girlfriend is looking for a new job to support her whilst studying...

Looking for about 2 days a week, plus maybe some weekend work as well every now and then.
Something office related would be good, but is happy for anything interesting really...

PM me if you know of something going that sounds appropriate.
Cheers

SMEGAMAN
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Workshop/Electronics Tech looking for a change in workplace. Current job seems to be going no where unfortunately and the pay is rubbish. Have close to 4 years experience mostly constructing electronic components, prototyping and some fault finding. I've been thinking about working on an Oil rig as I prefer a mental and physical challenge, but all work prospects will be looked at and happily considered.

19andrew59
07-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Wanted - School holiday job
My son is looking for work.
16 year old boy.
Fit and healthy.
Living in Claremont.
He will work.
Please PM me.
Thanks,
Andy

LuLu
09-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Looking around for night shift work. I have some experience in admin but a high level of customer service (over 10 years worth of experience) but I'm a fast learner and I love new opportunities. Ready to start in 3 weeks if possible. PM me if you know of anything going :) Thanks!!

Conrad
14-12-2009, 04:51 PM
My brother is a qualified motor mechanic looking for work. his license has just been suspended so he is hoping to find something close to koondoola. He is young, energetic and reliable with lots to learn about life however he is fully capable and qualified to work alone.

PM me and i can forward a resume'

cheers

maya
22-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Just finished up with a mining equipment OEM after 5+ years.

I'm a qualified Mechanical Engineer, ex-Curtin 2004 looking for work either with a consultancy, service company or mining house.

Currently doing a double Masters in Mineral Economics and Business Admininstration.

Experience in tenders, project management, marketing, product training, design projects, compliance reporting and a little root cause analysis.

Interested in project work, design, automation and even a sales/marketing/business role.

Looking for a full-time position to start pretty much January 2010 but available now, preferably Perth or Brisbane residential but will consider FIFO.

Please PM if you know of any positions going. Thanks!

Mockery
22-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm up for some day labour over the holiday period, what-have-you...

I'm a solidworks draftie with an Engineering Diploma, but other than that I'm fit & strong, can do simple mechanical stuff, also have Construction Blue/White card.
just after some extra cashflow.

Henry
05-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi guys,
Im looking for some vacation work which I can hopefully continue with once uni starts up again in late february.
Im a 21 year old male going into 2nd year psychology this year, located in wembley.
Im looking for 3-4 shifts a week.
Ive been working as a barista for the last 3 years however Im happy to look at anything that sounds appropriate.
PM me if you can think of anything.
Thanks, Henry

chance
05-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Ace Cimemas Midland Gate will be looking for casual Gold Lounge staff starting late January early February 2010

Day and night shifts available, approx 25 hours per week.

Being a weekend business you must be available 2 out of the 3 (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Facial jewellery is a no no except single sleepers in the ears, you woundnt want to look like you tripped and fell into the cutlery draw

Require a current RSA and previous experience in the hospitality / alcohol industry.

Apply in person for application forms.

Commander Keen
06-01-2010, 08:43 AM
There may be 2-3 parts interpreter positions available at Komatsu in Welshpool this week. Myself and two other people are moving on to other things. Shoot me a PM and I'll forward a resume on for you if you like.

Call centre experience is preferable but not essential, same story with parts interpretation. Good if you've done it before, not required for a start though.

Rathonda
06-01-2010, 12:26 PM
hi mate i need site power installed at my block and a future house wire i'm payin cash call me on 0431283396 if your keen

Henry
07-01-2010, 12:35 AM
@chance: that sounds perfect but midland is just too far to get to work. Thanks anyway though, Ill look around closer to home for the same sort of position.
@Commmander Keen: What does a parts interpreter do? And what kind of position is it in terms of hours?

chance
07-01-2010, 08:12 AM
@chance: that sounds perfect but midland is just too far to get to work. Thanks anyway though, Ill look around closer to home for the same sort of position.
@Commmander Keen: What does a parts interpreter do? And what kind of position is it in terms of hours?

There also looking for peeps at the Rockingham cinemas.

steemin
08-01-2010, 09:40 AM

maybe give her a bell?

I met Anita this week and I can highly recommend her. I've been in the job market for a while now and have met lots of agents and none of them have come close to Anita's level of professionalism and interest. And she has lots of contacts in the Perth IT industry. Thanks JaR6d!

MaximPrime
11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Advanced Rigger looking for work.

2+ Years mining construction Experience
Elevated work platform
Fork Lift ticket
Confined spaces
working at heights
Blue card

SzyCo
11-01-2010, 09:44 PM

A parts interpreter is someone who works in a spare parts shop. Usually Automotive. I'd guess his is trucks?

RubY
11-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Looking for a regular day time job. Had 3 years in Hospitality, spent the last 2 at Burswood serving VIP patrons. I am interested in a job in admin or front office. Can use most Microsoft programs, fast learner and willing to learn.

jak47
18-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm not actually doing anything at the moment.
Just finished working on a farm for 6 months (broard acre-no animals)
Have no qualifications because I'm one of these awesome university people, but I have expirience in operating agricultural equipment.
Licence's: Manual Car. R-E.
Looking for something part time; weekends, or short term. EG most of feb, uni starts march. Probably some labour job. (I can use a computer:))

Conrad
19-01-2010, 10:22 PM
The Mrs. Wants to expand her ironing service, at this stage small items are 50c large items $1, 10min charge, You drop of and pick in Koondoola, same day turn around. Professional style folds, fully ironed pleats ect..

If your interested ring Lisa 0418 957 610

crowtribe
21-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Currently employed, so put me at the bottom of the list, but always keen to escape to a dream job.

Almost 2 years in Telecommunications with iiNet (current employer).
C class license
Forky ticket.
Blue Card ticket
Ex-brickie apprentice, done some plastering and granno offsiding and labouring.
Senior First Aid.
Have delivery experience (gas cylinders [bbq, home gas and forklift containers] and spas).

I'm always looking for something new - preferably halfway between labouring and office work if there is such a perfect medium. If anyone knows or can suggest something, I'd be more than grateful.

Mirkz
30-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Lookin for partime/after hours work to get 2-3 hundred extra a week in hand.

Work full time at the moment. Usually free in the evenings by about 6-7pm depending on the night.
Anyone have anything for a few hours a night or something that might be suitable ?
please Pm.

Cheers

shikanery
03-02-2010, 04:44 PM
CNC Supervisor, 14 years experience in programming CNC machines, Fitter and Turner Qualified. Exp with all range of faunuc programming skills Cam designing etc, Worked in Technical fields and most aspects of Manufacturing in the Metals industry. Just throwing it out there.

MuNch
12-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Looking to get back into IT
Currently a Maintenance Engineer for an upstream Oil and Gas services company
Dip. Industrial Instrumentation and Controls also a Cisco CCNA
Worked as IT Administrator / Systems Engineer for 5 years across a few sites in the Perth Metro Area

George3000ltd edition
12-02-2010, 02:29 PM
As Directed by Dubs:

In perfect condition, no dents, dropped once early on.

Can do any of the following:
-Drive tractors/ cars/ motorbikes.
-Design graphics.
-Sweep.
-Yard duties.
-Operate a computer.
-Telephone skills.

Prior experience:
-Farm hand.
-Graphic designer.
-Tyre fitter.
-Rose nursery hand.
-IT support for small office (mining company)
-Has traveled extensively

-Zimbabwe multiple times
-South Africa multiple times
-Zambia
-Mozambique multiple times
-France multiple times
-Italy multiple times
-Switzerland multiple times
-Canada
-Bali multiple times
-New Zealand

Features:
-Finished High school.
-Cert III in Multimedia.
-Completed Curtin University enabling course. (See image for scores).
-Starting 1st year Bachelor of Agribusiness on the 22nd of February.

*EXTRAS*
-Has own car and motorbike (Can travel)
-Good people skills.
-Healthy, fit and willing to do manual labor.

Works hard, but is currently only available to work on weekends. (Due to Uni)

There is an image of me in my display picture, I'm the one on the right.

Contact details:

PM on here.
E-mail: georgecarmody@gmail.com
Phone: PM me and I can send it to you, then I can chat after 4.00pm.

SpeedTrip
12-02-2010, 03:23 PM
As Directed by Dubs:

In perfect condition, no dents, dropped once early on.

Can do any of the following:
-Drive tractors/ cars/ motorbikes.
-Design graphics.
-Sweep.
-Yard duties.
-Operate a computer.
-Telephone skills.

Prior experience:
-Farm hand.
-Graphic designer.
-Tyre fitter.
-Rose nursery hand.
-IT support for small office (mining company)
-Has traveled extensively

-Zimbabwe multiple times
-South Africa multiple times
-Zambia
-Mozambique multiple times
-France multiple times
-Italy multiple times
-Switzerland multiple times
-Canada
-Bali multiple times
-New Zealand

Features:
-Finished High school.
-Cert III in Multimedia.
-Completed Curtin University enabling course. (See image for scores).
-Starting 1st year Bachelor of Agribusiness on the 22nd of February.

*EXTRAS*
-Has own car and motorbike (Can travel)
-Good people skills.
-Healthy, fit and willing to do manual labor.

Works hard, but is currently only available to work on weekends. (Due to Uni)

There is an image of me in my display picture, I'm the one on the right.

Contact details:

PM on here.
E-mail: georgecarmody@gmail.com
Phone: PM me and I can send it to you, then I can chat after 4.00pm.

NSFW
YouTube - Dream Job

wannabee
13-02-2010, 04:58 PM
19 Year old male looking for work.
Anything from Manual labour to Paperwork.
Own transport.
Deferred from uni so need to do something to keep me active and not on the couch and hopefully make money at the same time.

Ive worked in movie theatres as candy bar to Projectionist, managed a paintball field and currently working as a Barman.
I pick up things very quickly if someones willing to show me.

If you've got a position your looking to fill, please get in contact!
PM me and will send any further contact details required.
Wannabee

hammerhead
13-02-2010, 07:40 PM
wanted : job for the missus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok shes 26 was in chilcare for umptillion years till had kid
and now wants to get back into work force for bit of extra cash and the social aspect of not being home every day

looking for something (not in childcare)
not very computer literate
picks things up easy but will prob need on job training

any one know of anything going NOR casual, prefer school hours as i work away and am good for sweet f*** all in regards to watching kids whilst away???

PM me please if you know of anything

thanks heaps

jabba
18-02-2010, 02:05 PM

George3000ltd edition
18-02-2010, 02:07 PM
PS /B/

nuff said

Mybowlcut
19-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Looking for programming work in pretty much any field/language, any location around Perth. I'm currently in my last year of a Bachelor of Computer Science, double majoring in Games Programming and Software Engineering. I am proficient in C++ and have dabbled in Java, C#, PHP and ASP. Take a look at my blog through the link in my signature for a list of games I've created (right hand side of page) along with download links.

Have done some work experience at Micro Control Engineering involving programming testing applications for irrigation controllers. The application was implemented using C++ (MFC) with Visual Studio 2005 and provided a full GUI with which to test the devices.

Currently working as a storeman and have been doing it and other shit-kicking jobs for my whole working life. Can work three days a week this semester and probably 4 next semester.

Cheers.

Uni
07-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Looking for an immediate start in anything technical - prefer aviation but will work anywhere. What the hell, I'll water your plants if you'll pay me..

8 years as an Aircraft Avionics Technician but I started my working life as a mechanics trade assistant during my younger years. I consider myself a hard and dedicated worker with good hand skills. If you have something I haven't done before and are willing to show me how once, I'll learn. I look after my own machinery and sometimes my mates as well(beers being the deciding factor), so I can adapt easily(and brought cheaply).

I can produce trade papers at request and rabble on about other awards and training at your request.

Thank you for time,
Thanks PSB for this space.

polonY
08-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Looking for work as an apprentice light vehicle (or similar) mechanic. I've worked several casual jobs whilst at uni and now working fulltime in a job that just isn't me. I've always wanted to be a mechanic and was planning to do it in the army before my crash. Now that I've generally recovered I'm keen again, but the army is out of the question.

I'm generally a turn up to work every day unless I'm dealthy ill/in hospital kind of worker, who will not stuff you around. I am desperately looking for a change from my current position so please pm me if you are an employer/know someone who is.

Cheers.

chee
08-03-2010, 01:34 PM
looking for part time / casual work. ideally i would like a position at a property developer. but i will do anything.

spent the past 2 months working for an asx listed developer, however they dont have an appropriate position for me while i finish my degree. currently studying property and finance.

i have had a vast range of experience in different fields of work.

currently have my rsa.

basically i have a semester left of my degree which im studying full time. days i can work are monday to wednesday, saturday and sunday. can work night as well.

Biker_babe
10-03-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm looking for a full-time role SOR. I'd prefer normal office hours or even an early start ie 6am. I'm willing to try pretty much anything

I've had 7 years in Customer Service ranging from being a spare parts bitch for SCA to an Assistant Manager for Red Rooster. I've also worked in a call centre for 8 months last year

I've also had 5 year experience in admin and accounts, mainly in the construction industry. I've done reception, data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and been an Assistant Accountant. I am proficient in MYOB and Cheops (building industry accounting package *shudder*)

I am currently employed but given the job isn't what it was advertised and I have tried to stick it out for over 3 months now I have no hesitation in just walking away

=Stevo=
12-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Looking to see what is available 3-5 months from now.

Civil Engineer (soon to be Offshore major as well)

3 years experience, varied construction including:
-Donnybrook Wastewater Plant
-Pluto B Site Prep
-Alliance-project tender submission work
-SGA New Perth-Bunbury Highway
-Defects & WA Infrastructure management
-SGA Mandurah Entrance Road

Fast learner, actually have life skills and decent knowledge base outside of engineering/construction as well - also run my own business (see sig) and have a minor interest and involvement in property development

More than happy to stay in construction, but wouldn't mind getting out into something different including Oil & Gas, property, management side of things or any other role I might fit into - I'm pretty flexible, if you know of something going then please let me know and I'll send through a few more details...

JDizzle
16-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey im looking for any logistics based position, i currently work for woolworths but after 18 months i need a bit of a change of scenery. I've had 18 months of voice picking experience and despatch working, as well as almost a year of experience on forklifts with a current license. Im available all hours of all days and have reliable transport.

I'm a very fast and reliable worker with excellent attention to detail and safety, as well as being very capable to do multiple warehouse functions. I also have excellent computer skills and i am a very charismatic and friendly person that easily gets along with most people.

Can start as soon as needed

djt77
19-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Partner is looking for work at the moment, she has worked for local authority before and her last job was manager of a TAB (betting shop) back in the UK, she been here a year now and only recently got her visa through allowing her to work so now looking for anything admin based in the city. Hit me up for copy of her CV or call her on 0406 120 663.

Halo_2
28-03-2010, 11:13 AM
4th year electrical apprentice looking to transfer around mandurah/rocko area

Sarbear
01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
looking for work - mining /oil & gas preferable. FIFO or perth based not fussed either way (preference for fifo).

Contracts Officer
3 years experience
Pronto & SAP proficient
Open Windows Contracts and other Contract Management Systems experience
end to end CM process
experience across a wide range of categories - included but not limited to - heavy machinery, facilities management, transport, energy, OEMS etc
Implementation and management of contracts up to $45m in spend
Available immediately

stumpy1
06-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Just thought i would ask if anybody knows of any mines jobs going. I am new to the mining industry but hard worker.
Currently operating own business installing skylights and roof ventilation.
Very handy with most tools and have my senior first aid. Just about to get fork lift ticket and hr over the next few weeks.
People say its not what you know but who you know so asking for insider trading(hehe).
Very happy to do FIFO.
Not fussed with job just want to get in.
PM or call 0430042555

RathoRA
09-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Partner is looking for carer work.

She has been out of the work force for 5 years being a single mum.
She has been studying nursing at ECU for the last 2 years.
She has 2 years experience working in age care in the past.

She was within reach of getting work with silver chain, passed interviews and medicals etc, but then the HR manager didn't like her old references. Company's that didn't have the same managers etc and couldn't personally vouch for her "team spirit".

Kinda desperate at the moment. Any leads would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Luke.

rippa
11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Flat mate looking for part time work.
Pref during school hours but flexible. Has not worked full time for bout 6 years due to being a mummy.Experienced in car detailing, window tinting and house cleaning (can def say does an awesome job)

Doesnt mind getting hands dirty, in fact very keen to get a look in at the M/C indusrty doing anything.

Fledge
16-04-2010, 11:45 AM
interested in FIFO admin from Perth

Envy
16-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Not many details, just that I am looking for a gym, willing to take on a trainee.

Under 18
year 12 graduate
Working with "Directions training"

they will do all the boring stuff like pay roll.

Shady7/8
16-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Someone posted about a FIFO role in Darwin... can't find it now. Flegdling also posted in thread.

Any more deets?

I'm also looking for work - Project Coordinator, QA, Doc Control, WIP management, Service Coordinator background in Mining/Oil & Gas

=Stevo=
17-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Try HWE, Macmahon, Leighton Contractors... all have a lot of work (and future work) going on up north

rippa
17-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Flat mate looking for part time work.
Pref during school hours but flexible. Has not worked full time for bout 6 years due to being a mummy.Experienced in car detailing, window tinting and house cleaning (can def say does an awesome job)

Doesnt mind getting hands dirty, in fact very keen to get a look in at the M/C indusrty doing anything.

Would really like to get back into Window Tinting. Anybody in the know :)

Ice
20-04-2010, 09:45 PM
We are looking for EXPERIENCED payroll/HR staff. If you or someone you know would be interested in a 3 month contract (May lead to more but is certainly a great employer to have on your resume anyway!) please PM me with which programs/systems you have used.

Cheers!

Jedi
20-04-2010, 10:06 PM
My girlfriend is looking for a new job, has lots of retail experience, would ideally like to move into a secretary/PA or office shitkicker type role, but would consider most offers :) she currently works in retail and is sick of her coworkers, but she's a good and reliable worker. Rockingham area. Oh she's a cutie too, would be very suitable for front desk type work ;p

Spuddy
20-04-2010, 11:31 PM
My girlfriend is looking for a new job, has lots of retail experience, would ideally like to move into a secretary/PA or office shitkicker type role, but would consider most offers :) she currently works in retail and is sick of her coworkers, but she's a good and reliable worker. Rockingham area. Oh she's a cutie too, would be very suitable for front desk type work ;p
Lemme guess, she's over your shoulder as you type? :P

Insane
20-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm looking for a full-time role SOR. I'd prefer normal office hours or even an early start ie 6am. I'm willing to try pretty much anything

I've had 7 years in Customer Service ranging from being a spare parts bitch for SCA to an Assistant Manager for Red Rooster. I've also worked in a call centre for 8 months last year

I've also had 5 year experience in admin and accounts, mainly in the construction industry. I've done reception, data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and been an Assistant Accountant. I am proficient in MYOB and Cheops (building industry accounting package *shudder*)

I am currently employed but given the job isn't what it was advertised and I have tried to stick it out for over 3 months now I have no hesitation in just walking away
PM Sent..
New QB Enterprise.??

Dragon_05
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I work full time but thinking of taking on a second job in the evenings a few times a week etc... am thinking of getting back into doing security for this and wondering if anyone knows of any company's willing to take on a casual that cant be on 24/7 call and will work around my full time hrs without trying to kill me ( work me into the ground by giving ridiculous shifts and times )

Or even any evening casual work though Im more qualified in warehousing and security but I learn very fast and have various skills.

This is only 1 option I have, my other is to take on a flat mate but Im used to being alone.

SIR sparks a lot
09-05-2010, 07:39 PM
looking for some extra work night shift or weekend would be good have a forklift license but am open for any position just need a bit of extra money as I'm finishing of a apprenticeship In mechanical machining

cheers James

likefry
12-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Looking for some work will consider almost anything. Casual nights or weekends I can do as i'm at uni studying.

Bar work or a bottle shop would be good. I have an RSA and have worked at several events held by the guild at Curtin.

Espresso Avenger
24-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Looking for something FIFO will consider anything, or preferably something country. Anyone here work at the Boddington gold mine and know someone to talk to?

rottodiver
24-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Esspresso.. what quals do you have... i have some good contacts at Boddington and the expansion project in Collie!!

Scotty

Thistle
24-05-2010, 10:26 PM
I am currently working for Maersk on their Supply Boats as an Engineer. I have been a marine engineer for almost 20 years and spent that vast majority of my time on the large LNG tankers. I am currently 5 weeks on / 5 weeks off.

I would prefer to get something land based but not sure where I could get a job that is as wide based as what I do on a boat. Spent the last 18 months working with MaK and Cat engines, MaK ML-32C and a variety of Cats' from 3512 to 3304's.

I don't mind working away but never done mine's or anything similar and not sure where to start or what I could do. Need some pointers of job's that i could undertake.

JAFA
04-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Looking for some work for the next 2 weeks-ish, labouring etc. Got MC licence ( got the licence but only have experience with HC and roadranger gearboxes ), forklift licence ( + experience up to 12T ), WA Blue card, safe working at heights, confined space entry blah blah blah. Prepared to do anything, any hours short or long. I'm waiting for Yandi to start at the end of the month, getting bored to tears sitting around the house.

PM please if you can help.
Thanks, Andrew.

Humma.
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey,

Looking for a "graduate" position in the Environmental Science area.

I have:
graduated from Curtin University beginning of last year with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Biology.
a TAFE Certificate IV in Environmental Science (Management).
a First Aid Certificate.
a Police Clearance.
a MARCSTA general safety induction training.
a Mine Employees Health Surveillance card.

I would consider any and all related jobs in this area, be it full time, part time, casual or even work experience. Please PM if you can help.

Cheers

Drew

mcmurray
30-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Hey guys, just got made redundant.

If anyone needs an Electrical Engineer with a few years experience in power distribution, automation and electrical drafting, please PM. Thanks.

scotch
30-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi lads.

Looking for some Sunday work. Willing to do "almost" anything from laboring to brain surgery (Give me a few pointers and I'll be fine). Give me a PM if you have anything going or know someone who does.

Cheers, Gary.

Fergie90
30-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Heya

Looking for something part-time in the realms of reception, but i'm not too picky. Anything that i can do for a year and a half, or more, while i'm studying at uni :)

Mirkz
30-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Fergie, try duncraig medical centre. I think they might be looking for someone.
I know that a girl who was recently working reception there left, so there might be a spot open possibly.

Fergie90
30-06-2010, 11:05 PM
ah thanks for that!
i'll ring them and find out when i get my references sorted on my resume :D

Decoy
01-07-2010, 03:15 AM
New baby at home so looking to get out of FIFO. Currently on 8/6 roster as an Electrical Instrumentation Technician

Qualifications - A grade electrical license, Cert. IV instrumentation, high voltage switching ticket, EEHA (hazardous areas), senior first aid, forklift ticket, EWP ticket, working at heights ticket, confined spaces ticket, confined space rescue and HR drivers license.

Experience - plant maintenance, fault finding and break downs, vsd's, motor control, dcs, plc's, instrumentation, conveyors etc. Also domestic/commercial sparky for a few years

Looking to find something back in town, long term permanent, hopefully rotating shift (4/4 or similar) in a maintenance role in processing, manufacturing or infrastructure etc. So any of you E/I techs or Sparkys know where the good coin in town is and want to share the love, please PM me

darth lefty
01-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi folks,

Leaving my position in three weeks to go back to study, at the moment I'm applying for vacation work with the usual suspects (Rio/Woodside/BHP/Chevron) but would greatly appreciate vacation work/work experience/general rock licking in either oil and gas (my experience is mostly here) or minerals throughout the semester. I've just finished tarting up my resume, but the basic points out of my most recent job are as follows:

Role: Technical Assistant – Carbon Capture Storage, GHG Department.
Reason for leaving: Returning to study
Relevant Skills: Designing and implementing data management strategies for multiple disciplines of data, document management, acquiring seismic and core data from vendors, acquiring GIS datasets and experience with Petrosys and ArcGIS mapping packages. Versatility was also valued as my time was outsourced to geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, spatial analysts and reservoir engineers.

If anyone knows of anything - maybe at a smaller oil and gas company - I'd be hugely appreciative.

=Stevo=
01-07-2010, 03:33 PM
lefty, a friend just picked up a job here - might be worth a shot:

Advanced Geomechanics .com .au | Specialist Geotechnical Consulting to the Oil & Gas Industry (http://www.ag.com.au/)

chance
01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Someone posted about a FIFO role in Darwin... can't find it now. Flegdling also posted in thread.

Any more deets?

I'm also looking for work - Project Coordinator, QA, Doc Control, WIP management, Service Coordinator background in Mining/Oil & Gas

This post is a little old but if it helps:

We have an office in Darwin but the crew up there arent FIFO however plenty of work in the Pilbara FIFO.

Call GFR Group 9250 2944 if your still looking and ask for the HR manager - Damian

He is after ticketed people with some experience in the pipeline industry.

Decoy
03-07-2010, 08:45 PM
those that are looking for vacation work..

Minara Resources - Working at Minara (http://careers.minara.com.au/jobDetails.asp?sJobIDs=664046&stp=AW&sLanguage=en)

missMRK
04-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Hello, i am currently looking for work :)

I am almost 18, available for immediate start, preferably full time while i am on uni break.

My most recent job was at a coffee shop where i was the supervisor, i have barista experience.

I am in desperate desperate need of a job so please contact me if you know of anything.

P.S. I live in the hills, so im more interested in jobs closer to me than say in fremantle.

Thankyou :)

chee
05-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi guys, recently finished my degree B.Comm (Property and Finance) and I'm looking to get into the Property Development (project management field). I have a few months experience working with a leading land sales developer, but decided my real area of interest was built form development. Previous to this I was working as a representative. So if anyone has any leads, or anyone I could speak to please let me know (even its just to have a chat so I could learn more about the industry etc, I will buy coffee!).

Mex
07-07-2010, 02:37 PM
POSITION VACANT

Director Of First Impressions

Do you have a passion for motorcycles?
Do you have at least a Certificate IV in Awesomeness?
Are you enthusiastic about customer service?
Are you organised?

Motorcycling Events Group Australia (owners / operators of California Superbike School, Eastern Creek Ride Days & Phillip Island Ride Days) is a world-class motorcycling organisation that runs ride days and school events at Eastern Creek International Raceway and Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit. With more than 90 events per calendar year, these days attract a large number of motorcycling enthusiasts on a per event and per year basis.

We are currently seeking a full-time employee to fill an office administration assistant role at our busy Knoxfield office.

The successful applicant's duties will include: answering phones, taking customer bookings, customer service, computer operation, organising Friday funnies, general administration and reporting duties.

Excellent customer service, a good sense of humour and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and problem-solve are a must. Experience in attending ride days or Superbike Schools is preferred but not essential.

For more information regarding this role, please phone Sandy during office hours on 1300 793 423 or email to sandy@motorcyclingeventsgroupaustralia.com.au

XSorXpire
07-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Clearly it's not the same Sandy we are dealing with on the forum....

arbe
08-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi All,

Working full time but wanting to make some extra money so looking for some weekend work. Have HR license (Road Ranger) and Forklift experience (no ticket yet but happy to go get it if/when required).

If you know of anything please let me know.

Regards
Arbe

Tanya
13-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Does anybody know any mine work recruitment agencies?
I do remember reading a thread about them a while ago and have searched but can not find them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Brougham
14-07-2010, 09:39 PM

jobbo
15-07-2010, 03:44 PM
LFW as a field tech, 3 yrs experience in exploration and minesite work. I don't mind remote.

Insanity
29-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Hey guys, currently employed as furniture bazaars warehouse manager in myaree, unfortunatly im sick of the indians i work with. No offence, or racism intended, but you would think that a prodiminetly white nation, would have atleast people that can speak english working at there stores... Tired of acting like a deaf-kid and using sign language. Not to mention, they don't listen when you ask them to do something. Im looking for any work really, factory related or office, either way. Have current forkies ticket, police clearance, cert 1&2 in transport logistics, own transport and willing and ready, for whatever and whenever. Proffessionally presented, articulate and punctual. Need i say more? Send me a lifeline, to drag me away from what is currently my soul consuming job. =P

Decoy
29-07-2010, 07:07 PM

Mining Jobs | Mining Employment Services (http://www.miningemployment.com.au/)

Mining Jobs | Oil & Gas Jobs | Mining Recruitment | Construction Jobs - DT Workforce (http://www.dtworkforce.com/)

Hays Recruitment, Careers, Finding Staff, Jobs, Salary, Employment (http://www.hays.com.au/about/rm.aspx)

MINING & RESOURCES (http://www.readyworkforce.com.au/employers/MININGRESOURCES/tabid/168/Default.aspx)

the first two have given me success :)

Fernandez
30-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Hi, anyone need an apprentice Plumber ? My son has finished the pumbing and gas fitters pre-apprenticeship and is trying to get his appreticeship started.
He is 18 has his own car and is reliable and easy going. So if you know of anyone or you could employ him that would be fantastic. He is currently working as a painters hand rather than sit on his butt and get the dole. please pm me if you can assist

HotelBushranger
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Need after hours/weekend work for a couple weeks, looking to make as much money as I can before I leave for Germany, labouring, gardening whatever's required etc.

chinm
12-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi looking for vacation or part time work in an engineering firm for a 3rd year civil engineering student, just thought i'd get it out here and see if i get any hits =D

Mockery
13-08-2010, 12:40 AM
I'd like some casual work around town to keep bread on the table...

Trained in Industrial Rope Access, Rigging, Confined Space/BA/Rescue, have MARCSTA, White Card, MSIC, various site inductions in town and up north.
Rope access is my main intended career but the big-earning jobs are coming in rather sparsely.
Would really like some local rigging work to get my experience up as that is a relatively new ticket for me.

If you live in a hi-rise building, very tall house or cliff, and need maintenance done by ABSEILING on the outside of your building, concrete repair, windows cleaned or sealed etcetera, get in touch and that can probably be arranged through a small company I do some jobs for.

Other skills - Diploma of Engineering (Mechanical), little bit of project management experience
Can also do drafting - 3D in Solidworks/Inventor, 2D in AutoCAD; Mechanical design & detailing. Prefer to avoid architectural as it really doesn't float my boat.

27 yrs old, Honest, reliable, own transport, C Licence... general nice bloke ^_^
Let me know, what have you?

02keilj
16-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi all,
Looking for some work for the summer Uni break (willing to start soon though).
I am studying geology and am currently in second year. If there is anyone that works for a mining/mapping/exploration company on here then it would be great to see what goes on in the offices :)
Failing that im happy for almost any other work.
Have had 5 years or so of kitchen work and can supply references, also worked in a bottleshop for >1 year.
Hoping to get out of the hospitality industry however will consider anything.

I am 21, honest and reliable, rarely get sick, quick learner, have good customer skills, eager to please and take pride in doing my job well (especially if I enjoy it :p)
Am able to work in a variety of work environments and like learning new things.

Send me a PM if you have anything :)
Will let you know availability (due to uni classes) once contacted. I can always bail on some lectures that are easy and boring.

low61ek
26-08-2010, 12:44 PM
G'day,
Im looking for a casual job to fit in with Uni.
Im an 18 yr old Army Reservist with 2 years experience in Sales, and previous experience in customer assistance, tyre fitting etc.
Completed year 12 and did TEE.

I am able to work most mornings, Thursday nights and Saturdays.
Please send me a pm if you're interested in someone who is punctual, uses initiative, works for the team and has various leadership skills.

Leviathan
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Not sure if it's much help, but Life Rescue International (LRI) do the training for our Fire & Rescue team. I know they have just lost a trainer to the mines so if your interested in that kind of work they may be looking for someone. Look them up, it can't hurt to ask.

I'd like some casual work around town to keep bread on the table...

Trained in Industrial Rope Access, Rigging, Confined Space/BA/Rescue, have MARCSTA, White Card, MSIC, various site inductions in town and up north.
Rope access is my main intended career but the big-earning jobs are coming in rather sparsely.
Would really like some local rigging work to get my experience up as that is a relatively new ticket for me.

If you live in a hi-rise building, very tall house or cliff, and need maintenance done by ABSEILING on the outside of your building, concrete repair, windows cleaned or sealed etcetera, get in touch and that can probably be arranged through a small company I do some jobs for.

Other skills - Diploma of Engineering (Mechanical), little bit of project management experience
Can also do drafting - 3D in Solidworks/Inventor, 2D in AutoCAD; Mechanical design & detailing. Prefer to avoid architectural as it really doesn't float my boat.

27 yrs old, Honest, reliable, own transport, C Licence... general nice bloke ^_^
Let me know, what have you?

chance
01-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I do remember reading a thread about them a while ago and have searched but can not find them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Try DT workforce. Ask for Loretta.

Mining Jobs | Oil & Gas Jobs | Mining Recruitment | Construction Jobs - DT Workforce (http://www.dtworkforce.com/)

We use them when chasing short term mining types. She found me my position and 6 years later in still there.

chance
01-09-2010, 07:58 PM
You should apply with GFR Group. Were looking for a asset manager. Role involves the scheduleing of maintaince of you large fleet of machines and equipment, plus assigning equipment to upcoming projects. Best thing is id be your boss :P

Only on indian fella with us, hes good and enjoys a Friday afternoon beer or 5.

Theres an add on Seek for the position with more info on the position.

http://seek.com.au/job/asset-coordinator/perth-cbd-inner-western-suburbs/18031432/93/1/

If anyone else thinks they might be suited apply. Salary is from $55,000 to $65,000 depending on experience.

Mart
07-09-2010, 08:40 AM
I seriously need to leave my current place of employment. Not only is the money crap, but I am sick of busting my ass to cover people who sleep at their desk all day.

I have 20+ years in Customer Service, some book-keeping experience, MS office experienced (especially excell), C & R class license and as soon as I get a day off I am down to DPI to get my HR learners (to work towards a mining position as a driver). Have managed teams previously in an office and the field (cable TV).

Was looking at getting into Project Management and getting the relevant certs (at my own cost and time) but the idea of doing so in this company just doesn't do it for me. So Project Management could also be an option as I have some experience with projects also.

Big_Dave
09-09-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm looking for .... basically anything. I'm still studying so anything for cash will do

I'm got with computers and can pull them apart and build them, same goes with basically anything electronic. Physically fit and don't mind heavy lifting.
Learn very fast with anything hands on and interesting. Only times I'm busy is 4pm-6pm weekdays and 1pm-6pm wednesday.

Guil
23-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Howdy..

I do freelance web design.
I'm always looking for work - essentially still getting fluent at what I do, and as a result of this I do more 'front-end' stuff; I make pretty websites, as advanced programming (databasing, shopping carts, etc) is a little beyond me for now.

A couple examples of my work..
Image (site is offline now): http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/6264/49265887.jpg
A blogspot theme I never really used: Bali-Blog (http://www.the-bali-blog.blogspot.com)
A phpBB3 theme I heavily modified for an upcoming game: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7728/forumbombwarcomindexpag.png

In addition to general web design, I have a lot of experience in Flash programming (AS2), phpBB3 (forums) & general Wordpress layouts.
Despite not having much experience, I'm beyond "having a crack at it" - if you need a simple website, I'll get it done. I'm not prepared to take on any tasks I know I can't manage, so no harm in PMing me with questions :)

The catch is, I live in Bali - all discussions will have to be online.. Though that's also a good thing (things are cheap here ;) )

Thanks,

Harley B.

darth lefty
23-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi folks,

Leaving my position in three weeks to go back to study, at the moment I'm applying for vacation work with the usual suspects (Rio/Woodside/BHP/Chevron) but would greatly appreciate vacation work/work experience/general rock licking in either oil and gas (my experience is mostly here) or minerals throughout the semester. I've just finished tarting up my resume, but the basic points out of my most recent job are as follows:

Relevant Skills: Designing and implementing data management strategies for multiple disciplines of data, document management, acquiring seismic and core data from vendors, acquiring GIS datasets and experience with Petrosys and ArcGIS mapping packages. Versatility was also valued as my time was outsourced to geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, spatial analysts and reservoir engineers.

If anyone knows of anything - maybe at a smaller oil and gas company - I'd be hugely appreciative.

Bumping this.

Still looking, still applying, still nothing. Only thing that's changed is that I've been unemployed for 10 weeks now (not that this bothers me a great deal).

Guil
26-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Howdy..

I do freelance web design.
I'm always looking for work - essentially still getting fluent at what I do, and as a result of this I do more 'front-end' stuff; I make pretty websites, as advanced programming (databasing, shopping carts, etc) is a little beyond me for now.

A couple examples of my work..
Image (site is offline now): http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/6264/49265887.jpg
A blogspot theme I never really used: Bali-Blog (http://www.the-bali-blog.blogspot.com)
A phpBB3 theme I heavily modified for an upcoming game: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7728/forumbombwarcomindexpag.png

In addition to general web design, I have a lot of experience in Flash programming (AS2), phpBB3 (forums) & general Wordpress layouts.
Despite not having much experience, I'm beyond "having a crack at it" - if you need a simple website, I'll get it done. I'm not prepared to take on any tasks I know I can't manage, so no harm in PMing me with questions :)

The catch is, I live in Bali - all discussions will have to be online.. Though that's also a good thing (things are cheap here ;) )
Thanks,

Harley B.

Bumping this because Lefty pushed it off the last page.. (also, good luck Lefty :S )
And because I have free time for awhile.

Rat750
28-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Alrighty, I'm hunting a new job. Have experience in warehousing customer service and parts interpreting. 5 years experience using PRONTO (erp) and Mincom LinkOne parts books. Also some experience with MYOB. Open motorcycle/car license and HR truck license.

Viper
28-09-2010, 12:38 PM
We'll be chasing 2 parts guys. I don't run the counter anymore but I'll let you know when they are online. Send me an email to work so I have your email addy.

Rocky
28-09-2010, 01:43 PM
My girlfriend is looking for work.
She studies full time, 26 years old and is available 15-25 hours per week.

Has security planning and management experience. She has qualifications in Security and Risk Management, and project leadership.
Has a lot of merchandising experience, particularly in the supermarket area. She's also been in charge of managing contracts for employees, sorting out rosters, scheduling, distributing product responsibilities etc.

Like most mature age students, she seems to be over qualified for a lot of what is out there for 'students', but she isn't snobby, so if there is good honest work, please let me know. She's reliable, meticulous and very professional.

Please fire any questions or interest my way on: 0416 097 145

Rent is tight at the moment, so we'd really appreciate the chance.

Thanks

Slice
28-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Looking for Vac work for Civil Engineering Student.

2nd Year at Curtin University, Mature aged, good people skills and practical ability. Have started applying to the big guys but if anyone knows of a small firm having an intake or something around them that I could apply to it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

djt77
12-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Looking at changing company currently a Quantity Surveyor for PQS firm would like to get involved in Resources Sector or on the Contractor side of estimating, have over 7 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor, Over 5 years in the UK (London) and will be 2 years in WA come February 2011.

Jeevz
13-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Hey all,

Have gone back to full time study and am looking for work experience/ vac work/ part time work in property development, town planning or anything property related. Currently studying Masters of Urban and Regional Planning at Curtin, with the ultimate goal to get into property developing.

Previously did Accounting and Asian Studies at Curtin and worked in tax accounting for two years. Plenty of experience in retail and the service industry as well.

Thanks

Shai'tan
20-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey guys, my sister in law is looking for full time work until the beginning of December, then she'll be overseas. Anyone know fruit picking jobs, general runabout jobs etc available that doesn't require much training and investment?

eh-tony
20-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Need a job!

Background is IT (Linux, Solaris, Networking, Hardware support). TS clearance.
Have been applying for just about anything (postie, truck driving etc etc).

Have RHCT, 9 years experience with Linux, Solaris etc. Strong Defence background.

Also have HR & RE licences, NREL, Worksafe "Blue card", Basic Workplace First Aid (doing refresher next week)

Decoy
20-10-2010, 02:11 PM
New baby at home so looking to get out of FIFO. Currently on 8/6 roster as an Electrical Instrumentation Technician

Qualifications - A grade electrical license, Cert. IV instrumentation, high voltage switching ticket, EEHA (hazardous areas), senior first aid, forklift ticket, EWP ticket, working at heights ticket, confined spaces ticket, confined space rescue and HR drivers license.

Experience - plant maintenance, fault finding and break downs, vsd's, motor control, dcs, plc's, instrumentation, conveyors etc. Also domestic/commercial sparky for a few years

Looking to find something back in town, long term permanent, hopefully rotating shift (4/4 or similar) in a maintenance role in processing, manufacturing or infrastructure etc. So any of you E/I techs or Sparkys know where the good coin in town is and want to share the love, please PM me

and bump.. I wanna come home

Professor Redfern
03-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

My girlfriend is looking for a new job. She is a chartered accountant, and has been working as a forensic accountant for the past 3.5 years. She has extensive experience in financial analysis and modeling. Her industry experience includes Mining (specifically Iron Ore, Alumina and Mineral Sands), Power Generation, Hospitals, and Retail. She is looking for a job as a business or commercial analyst.

Please PM me if you know of any suitable jobs. We appreciate your help.

darth lefty
04-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi folks,

Sorted, thanks lads & ladies.

lobes89
08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi Looking for a new jobe. so i can save up and hopefully upgrade the bike :)

I have:
Current forklift ticket.
Current RSA
Drivers licence (car and 250)
Reliable transport (even more reliable once bike repainted)

I am normally a uni student but took 6 months off for medical reasons (surgery)
i have experience in sales, warehousing, finance work, management, bar work/ and cordinating.
am looking for any kind of work i could do.... preferably close to garden city (SOR).

Available all hours at the moment, currently employed by kellys reqruitment, but not very good with assigning jobs. (about 60% hit rate of work when i get there)

Need a job ASAP!!!
Also able to provide strong references, and willing to work long hours.

PM me or email me direct @ tristan@acut.com.au

Gixxerguy
08-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm nearing the end of a pre-apprenticeship in fitting and machining and am still looking for an apprenticeship. I am more interested in the machining side of things but am after an apprenticeship as a 'fitter machinist'. I'd like to think I am fairly competent using manual lathes and mills etc, but obviously have limited experience. I have no CNC experience (apart from watching and being shown minor things) but am eager to learn about CNC machining. Obviously I'm in no position to be choosey but I am ideally looking for an environment that exposes me to CNC machining, manual machining and fitting.

I live in Kwinana but have been driving to Thornlie and back 4 days a week for Tafe for the last 5 months and have done work experience in Canning Vale twice before so travelling (within reason) is no issue. I would also welcome the opportunity to do work experience for any company looking for an apprentice to allow them to see whether I am the sort of person they are looking for.

Please PM me if you can help.

michael
11-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi all, im looking at getting some FIFO under my belt and was wondering what luck people have had with recruitment agencies and short term work. ie; shutdowns, temp or short contracts.

I finished my Boilermaking apprenticeship at the begining of this year, ive got Confined space, EWP, Safe Work @ Heights, Forklift and ill be starting on my HR licence asap.

Thanks guys,
Michael.

Fledge
15-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for work at the moment and thought maybe someone will have some contacts or ideas
I have a BSc in Zoology, am a registered veterinary nurse and have done wildlife rehabilitation
Unfortunately unable to perform as a VN at the moment but wanted to maintain relevancy and hopefully network while working hard
I am also an experienced administrator, have a background in customer service and hospitality, computer literate, hard working and keen to learn
Would like something that expands on typical admin but open to any suggestions
I also have a High Risk Work forklift ticket, blue card, senior first aid cert
Thanks
Peta

Global
15-11-2010, 11:39 PM
My girlfriend is looking for a full time job in reception, personal assistant or administation work.
She has over 10 years experience in these fields, is in the Thornlie area and has transport.

If anyone has anything along these lines PM me with some details and ill pass on the details,
so she can arrange to come in for a interview.

Cheers in advance Global.

Rocky
16-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Hi all,

My company has just been on the receiving end of some horrible political maneuvering, and has ended in the loss of one of our major contracts. As such, all staff have been given a retrenchment notice, so I'll be out of a job come January 1st. It's quite upsetting, our loyalty has been to this company and we've worked exceptionally hard, only to be stabbed in the back by a major client.

I live in Kingsley, and hold a drivers license.

I study full time (next year is my final year), but have managed to work a 28 hour week with my full time study without any problems. My study involves international and domestic security, criminology, and the intelligence field.

My job for the last 5 years has been in the computer software industry. Not coding so much as database support (SQL) and a bit of coding here and there (primarily Delphi).

I've supported 100+ clients for the past 4 years.

My other work experience is retail related, I worked for a music instrument/teaching school for 4 or 5 years.

References and CV available on request.
Many thanks all.

Global
21-11-2010, 11:53 PM
My girlfriend is looking for a full time job in reception, personal assistant or administation work.
She has over 10 years experience in these fields, is in the Thornlie area and has transport.

If anyone has anything along these lines PM me with some details and ill pass on the details,

Anyone got any work like this, the job she has now barely pays her bills.

=Stevo=
24-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi all, posting this one up for a friend... please let me know if you have anything.

He has a degree in Chemical & Process Engineering and is looking for work in the Oil & Gas industry, but is happy to work in construction/civil as well. He has already had a couple of job offers but they involve him moving overseas for a long time and he would prefer to stay based in WA for the next couple of years.
He is pretty practical and not your usual socially retarded engineer, so will actually prove useful at doing things like using initiative and such. ahah

Cheers,
Steve

Cbr Junkie
12-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey guys looking for some FIFO work to try and get ahead of the shit! I have 3 years experience as a TA in plant mechanics and am looking for something in the same field but obviously i will most likely take anything to get my foot in the door!

Please let me know if you know of anything going either by PM or on 0423879310

Cheers Tom

shui
15-12-2010, 05:41 PM
gdday everyone,

looking to gain some quality postgraduate working experience so I'm posting up to see if anyone can help.

current qualifications:

- master of marketing (uwa)
- bachelor of commerce in e-commerce and marketing (uwa)

i'm looking for an opportunity to learn so I don't exactly expect to be financially remunerated..it would be greatly appreciated if anyone is willing to take me in on an internship or provide a mentoring role..duration is flexible but preferably it could be something at least 6 to 12 months long..

please PM me if anyone knows of an opening or similar.

thanks!

-shui

lo1ux
04-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Boys and Girls of PSB im looking for some truck driving work or labouring work for 3 days a week...for the next 3 weeks...work is making me take 3 weeks annual leave.

Send me a Pm if you have anythign available.

Cheers

Global
05-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Girlfriends still looking for work in these area's, feel free to pm me any info and ill pass it on to her.
Cheers

storm
10-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I work in the Department of Education (over 5 years), and because of some department reshuffles and budgets going AWOL, about 150 of use are losing our jobs in Feb.

Our department creates e-learning courses for TAFE, Govt, etc. K-12 and VET. WestOne Services (http://www.westone.wa.gov.au) . WestOne is very highly regarded nationwide for creating e-learning products.

I was a multimedia developer (XHTML; CSS; Adobe Flash; JavaScript; ActionScript; XML; Adobe Dreamweaver; Adobe Encore; etc) for three years, and for the last couple of years have been an Instructional Designer (pretty much a project manager), coordinating content from the curriculum writers (teachers), graphic designers, multimedia developers, desktop publishers and then re-formatting the content to be a great resource for the students and comply with govt guidelines and best practices. Experienced in project management (PRINCE 2), Microsoft Office, Wimba-Create, Moodle etc.

I'm also completing TAA Cert IV this month, and am an experienced Trainer.

Prior to the govt positions, I was a Transmission Controller for 10 years in the UK in the digital television broadcast arena. A TC is the person at the other end of your tv set, in charge of a huge array of hardware and software, making sure you get the program you are supposed to get, at the right time, on the right channel, at the right quality etc. If something went wrong, it was our job to fix it asap. It was a highly technical role, and also dealt with satellite feeds.

I'm currently on around $66k a year. I`m interested in any position that offers at least that, and would be quite happy to change career and work on the mines FIFO (tv broadcast was shift-work as well), or anything. I`m a very quick learner, especially with software and geeky things.

Fonzy
20-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Looking for temp work for the next 2 months or so before uni goes back, or work experience (paid or unpaid) in HR.

Main background is in hospitality (7 years) with a bit of retail but am willing to try anything ie laboring, loading, admin, basically anything.

On the work experience side, looking for anything in that department to expand the CV and to learn what uni dosnt teach us.

any info, please pm

Cheers

Fonz

Morgs
06-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Posting for a friend who is staying with us at the moment.

He is on a working Visa so is looking for a role for up to 6 months. He has done Customer Service jobs and is a qualified Barista. He has spent the last year working on Organic Farms in New Zealand and is not afraid of hard work. He is very flexible as to what he does and is a very willing and able worker. He doesn't yet have an RSA certificate but is happy to get one if needed.

Please PM me or call me on 0459 491707 if you have anything that might be suitable.

Thanks.

Desmo
06-02-2011, 10:16 AM
He can come and work part of the season up here Morgs, accommodation provided.
Could spend some of his holidays on the Ningaloo reef.
Would you like me to speak to Sal about it?

Nickh
17-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Education: I am going into my 5th year at UWA studying a B.Econs/B.Arts (Asian Studies) (Majors: Economics, International Business, Money and Banking, Chinese).
Fluent in Mandarin.
Experience: Various hospitality management positions. Beverage manager, Operation Manager, Function Manager. I currently work as a consultant to catering companies helping them iron out the inefficiencies and assist with staff training.

I am looking for part time work in an office environment out of the hospitality industry. It would be good to move to something along the lines of Project Management, however, any experience would be fantastic!

If anyone knows anyone who is chasing a very motivated, enthusiastic, independent, quick learning individual, please let me know.

Cheers
Nick

WhiteNoize
20-02-2011, 09:30 AM
My missus is looking for a full time job, shes 21, good with computers, has prior retail experience, looking for something 8am-4pm or thereabouts 5 days a week, prefer NOR, doing anything! PM me with details!

Crashlington
05-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Looking for any underground position (nipper, underground fieldie etc.) in an 8:6 or 9:5 roster (or 2:2 if necessary) But will have to pass on 2:1.

I only have minimal experience underground but i know what the conditions are like and can handle it.

Currently working on a minesite on the mills and have lab experience too, but want to try and move underground. I have over 2 years of mining experience.

PM me if you know of any going please.

Grant

Daise
06-03-2011, 02:45 AM
I'll be looking for something part-time for May and June, preferably in the Malaga area (or close to Alexander Heights)

Skills include kick-ass epic numeric data entry and general admin, basic bookkeeping, making pretty spreadsheets and OCD filing. If anyone needs some help tidying up their office or a backlog of invoices, lemme know.

If anyone could please put a good word in for me, I'll maybe name my firstborn after you.

Orson
06-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm currently employed full time but am looking to crack into the Voice Over business.

I have a background in amateur theatre as an actor, producer, writer and director. Although I have been away from that scene for a few years now, I never lost the passion to play characters and project the message (and emotion) in a script.

Voice Over is something I have wanted to do for a long time and things are finally at a point for me where I feel prepared to jump in with both feet so I'm doing a Ted Williams here and using the power of the internet :)

I was born in Scotland but grew up in Australia and one of my great frustrations has been hearing unconvincing false Scottish accents on the TV and radio. Having grown up with Scottish parents and relatives, I never lost the ability to put on a convincing and accurate Scottish accent. I actually can do variations of it...either a really broad Glaswegian, a very mild, polite almost newsreader style or even something from the highlands.

There are a variety of other accents and character voices I can perform

If you know anyone in the industry, please pass let them know about my demos which are linked below:

LondonGeezer by Wellsie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/wellsie/londongeezer)

GeneralAmerican by Wellsie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/wellsie/generalamerican)

PoliteScot by Wellsie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/wellsie/politescot)

PoliteEnglish by Wellsie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/wellsie/politeenglish)

remand
06-03-2011, 04:19 PM
GeneralAmerican by Wellsie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/wellsie/generalamerican)

Seppo

Orson
06-03-2011, 04:21 PM
:D

Halo_2
26-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Looking for full time work, A grade sparky in the mandurah/rockingham area or FIFO experience in domestic / wiring air cons.

SIKPUPY
30-03-2011, 03:49 PM
My brother is a cabinet maker and timber flooring guru who is looking for a change. He has also got a dogging/basic rigging ticket. If anyone has anything suitable or wants his resume, ben-dowsett@hotmail.com or 0439 918 729

kambo1987
31-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi Guys Gals.
Currently employed as a structural Mechanical Draftsman at a small Resource development company. 5 Years experience and now considered a senior in this office at least. Looking to find my way into one of the big guys offices on the terraceas a bit of a change and to hopefully new some new tricks. I work with Autocad and Solid edge so have been told learning inventor, solid works is a shortish path.

If anyone works at one of these and can get my resume to the boss for me it would be greatly appreciated.

stu_675
05-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi guys, Really want to start an Electrical apprenticeship. I'm a 24 year old male, im smart, hard working and eager to start this new venture. It's something ive wanted to do for a while but it's not that easy to get into especially without doing a pre apprenticeship course first. I would but 6 months without work is just to hard on the bank at the moment. I'd also be happy to start as a T/A or even a bit of work experience to prove myself. If anyone knows of any openings or anyone i can just talk to and gather more info it would be appreciated. My mobile is 0400410806 and email stu.berno@gmail.com

Macca
07-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi guys,

Looking for either part-time work in liquor industry (Bottleshop pref although no problem with bars) or full time work within biological consulting/botany.

Basically i have a Bachelors of Conservation Biology and Management with honors and am waiting for funding to be finalised so i can start my masters next year.

I have worked for the past 5 years in liquorland i have my RSA and a certificate in liquor licensing so i can be used as an approved manager if needed, i'm great at customer service and have a large knowledge of wine, spirits and beer. I'm a hard worker and i'm working on a volunteer basis with DEC at the moment so Thursday-Sunday shifts would be ideal for a part-time position. I have no problems with working evenings/nights.

For the consulting/botany my study/research focus has been species phylogeny and molecular taxonomy, i can ID specimens by hand although i'm a little rusty as my main focus has been at a genetic level. I can plan/organise field surveys and have done work with DEC in Albany working on DRF's and priority species. I am proficient with ArcGIS and can make maps and analyse remote sense data. So if you need someone (even casually) to assist with sample collection/preparation, field surveys or wish someone to perform genetic analyses for you i'm your guy.

Feel free to either pm me or get in touch on 0400 002 411

Cheers
Macca

Crackers
16-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Underwhelmed by the latest pay offer so am looking for FIFO horticulture-based facility maintenance. I have all the Hort certificates up to diploma, MR licence, chainsaw & pesticide tickets and Blue Card. I've been acting team leader covering for illness/leave etc. I've had a few vacancies emailed to me via Seek but as i've now decided to get serious, I thought i'd ask here first.

sproket88
27-04-2011, 07:42 PM
hey guys

looking for a job in construction on commercial sites im a qualified bricklayer been in the trade for 7 years now im 22 so im young fit and not slow or a lazy worker i give 100% im currently employed doing housing but i desperatly need a change at a different aspect of construction just pm me for further info

=Stevo=
03-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I have a couple of backpackers from England staying with me who are keen to get some casual/part-time work asap.

The girl has a fair bit of experience bartending in bars/pubs and extensive cocktail making knowledge, usually works in good quality hotel bars and trendy places.
The guy has done a fair bit of delivery driving and valet parking work, including hotels as well.

They both have all the legal working visa requirements, car license and tax file number taken care of - let me know if you have some work for them.

Cheers

Desmo
03-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Is she hot?

RubY
03-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Maybe try burswood. They have valet parking and a new restaurant opening up. Might be some vacancies. They always take backpackers and people on holiday and study visa's

Professor Redfern
03-05-2011, 12:33 PM
How long are they in Perth for?

Feel free to drop off their Resumes at the Pub.

Igglepiggle
08-05-2011, 11:21 AM
After a warehouse managers/supervisors roll. perviously managed/co-ordinated a main supply warehouse but currently finihshing off building a new house for my parents.

All nesesary tic/lic/police clearance. Avalible now, can forward CLs and CVs

buelllord
09-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi gang,

I am looking for part time work, Tuesday and Wednesday would be ideal but not essential. I have started a Business Management course that is fairly flexible and will consider most industries other than labouring etc.

I am a Registered Builder with extensive building experience in mainly the commercial sector, I also have a HC licence so can drive everything including a semi trailer. I am 55 yeras old and have been involved in many different industries over the years, I am very mechanically minded, computer literate and fit and healthy.

If you need, or know of somebody in need of a worker, please PM me.

Gary

TROUBLE
10-05-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm looking for a driving job ..

I have my HR licence * NOT Road Ranger * and am looking for a deliveries and or pick ups.

My last job entailed North driving. Broome.. Kununurra.. But I'd prefer Local now .

Casual would be great ..

Thanks if there is anything available :)