PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dougal Peters 13/4/09

reddog
14-04-2009, 10:59 AM
It is with extreme sadness that our little mate was killed yesterday. We took the dogs for a walk at mid day and our grey Aussie x Silky was attacked by a large Malamute (or however it's spelt). My wife and I managed to get the dog off by strangling it and prising it's jaws apart. Pamela suffered bruised / grazed knees and a few bites on her hand. Pamela and baby are doing fine though.

Unfortunately my little mate sustained too serious internal injuries and died about an hour later at the vets. My wife and I are extremely shattered as he was a great little dog. For those that know him and had the chance of meeting Dougal I thought I'd post up a pic of him and his brother doing what they do best. Eating http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/36604//yes.gif

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...ed/MmmMilo.jpg (http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/ellanred/MmmMilo.jpg)

I had a few beers for him last night and we laid him to rest in one of his favourite spots where he waited for us everyday when we got home. We'll miss him heaps as will his brother who is lost without him.

Ryan & Pamela

JaR6d
14-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Sorry to hear mate...

It really is like losing a family member :-(

Stoneville
14-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Aww so sad :( RIP little buddy

rcradical
14-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Really sorry to hear mate. Both dogs in the photo look gorgeous.

Good on you for drinking in his honour.

My sincere condolences to you and Pamela.

karen
14-04-2009, 11:23 AM
That's so sad.
The situation must have been terrifying. Glad Pamela's ok.
All the best to you all there.

Rat750
14-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Unusual for a malamut / huskie to attack.

reddog
14-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately this dog has attacked another small dog before and played tug of war with it's mate, but luckily the dog after months stay at the vet survived minus a leg.....but they put down the other dog, i would say maybe the wrong one. The dog didn't give us a chance it spotted us from across the road and charged us poor lil bugger.

He was wagging his tail and licking us until the end.

RIP Dougal love Pamela

Dazed&Confused
14-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Oh the poor poppet. So sad- very sorry for your loss!

shmoo
14-04-2009, 12:27 PM
sorry to hear the sad news guys. great little dog, very similar to mine.

take care and all the best.

Professor Redfern
14-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Sorry to hear buddy, what a shitty way to go.

Psyched
14-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry to hear dude, the same as loosing a family member in my book. RIP little guy.

gravy
14-04-2009, 01:26 PM
very sorry to hear. even worse the malumute's done it before...words with the owner might be called for.

Melchior
14-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Poor little bugger.

I havent had another dog since my last one passed on...always a very sad occasion.

Graelin
14-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Very sad and I hope that the Ranger has been informed and action is being taken against the owner of the other dog.

That the dog has done this before is very concerning and it would be normal to assume with out being aware of the circumstances that the owner should have taken adequate precautions to prevent this happening. The Dog Act is quite specific on the owner being responsible.

Graelin

HotelBushranger
14-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear mate, hate to think about when my own pets pass away. I've got a 17 year old Siamese, she's doing great but Nanna bred cats and she never had a Siamese last till 17, makes you worry :(

Condolences again

Rizzo
15-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I feel for you both, reading this makes the heart heavy, as we love our dogs and we have lost some too! I know it is really not going to make it any better but chase it up with the local ranger, im sure you dont want this happening to someone else.

perdition
15-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Very sad and I hope that the Ranger has been informed and action is being taken against the owner of the other dog.

That the dog has done this before is very concerning and it would be normal to assume with out being aware of the circumstances that the owner should have taken adequate precautions to prevent this happening. The Dog Act is quite specific on the owner being responsible.

Graelin

agreed - time for a bullet for the malamutt and the owner:mad:

reddog
15-04-2009, 01:05 PM
The offending dog has been put down and we have left it at that. The shire ranger has been excellent and spoke about fines up to $10000 as part of the dog act. We are not nasty people and neither are our dogs. Chasing the owner for money is not going to bring the little guy back and Dougal wouldn't have wanted it that way either. Pamela is extremely sad as is our other dog Buck who is lost without his brother.

Thank you all for your kind words. He was like our second born son. We are still talking about whether to get another dog to keep Buck entertained, but since my wife is not too far away from having our first child we will have to see how that pans out. We found Dougals original vet card as we were unsure of his age, he would've been 6 next month.

Regards
Ryan