PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Help Needed to remove a built in desk

NikyNoo
18-04-2009, 08:25 PM
My daughter has a desk built into her window and I'm trying to remove it BUT seem to be running into some trouble - the bugga won't come out .....!

I know I'm going to have to fill the gab where the desk was with a window sill etc BUT other than the fact I'm gunna be looking at arse ugly bricks for a while I cant see any reason to not do this

I have removed all the screws from under the desk and there is currently movement of the desk but only up and down not outwards from the window.......

Any suggestions as to why it wont budge? It would be a feature of the room added after lock up of the house so should only be glued and screwed LOL

NikyNoo
18-04-2009, 08:53 PM
hey mods - feel free to delete the thread .........I did it !

Taz
18-04-2009, 10:33 PM
was it liquid nailed to the wall as well.....or secret nailed/screwed ?

NikyNoo
18-04-2009, 10:40 PM
was it liquid nailed to the wall as well.....or secret nailed/screwed ?

didnt seem to be any of the above .......... just needed a little more back breaking effort ! had to pull harder for required result ! :lol:

Swrv
24-04-2009, 12:57 AM
didnt seem to be any of the above .......... just needed a little more back breaking effort ! had to pull harder for required result !

Was gonna comment on this post but thought to myself i best behave :) lol

BIGFELLA
24-04-2009, 07:02 AM
didnt seem to be any of the above .......... just needed a little more back breaking effort ! had to pull harder for required result ! :lol:

Works for me out here offshore.............

BIGFELLA

Xuaxace
24-04-2009, 07:07 AM

BIGFELLA

:lol:

NikyNoo
24-04-2009, 07:25 AM

BIGFELLA

I do actually owe my success to thinking like a man!

One difference BIGFELLA - I didnt need tissues to clean up my mess! ;)

FireStorm
24-04-2009, 08:15 AM
neither do I, I dont sleep ont hat side of the bed...