PDA

View Full Version : Very cool Philips 'short movie' (advertisement)

Rhino
24-04-2009, 07:55 AM
This has got an awesome feel to it.
Lots of different emotions, experiences and 'feel' to extract from a 'freeze'.
It really puts you in the middle of the chaos.

YouTube - Carousel, directed by Adam Berg (Stink Digital)

CAROUSEL, A short film Created entirely by Stink Digital, this new interactive campaign promotes Philips latest entrant into the television market, the CINEMA 21:9. Since the televisions 21:9 fram...

lee
24-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Very cool. Enjoyed it, thanks.

Bunyack
24-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I see what he did there......

g0zer
24-04-2009, 11:12 AM
what was that movie where they robbed a bank or something, and wired hostages as human claymores.

had a similar 3D effect where they did a 360 degree time lapse outward spiral that followed the explosions expansion and finished with someone lying on the floor watching a ball bearing rolling across the floor and coming to rest

lee
24-04-2009, 11:18 AM
what was that movie where they robbed a bank or something, and wired hostages as human claymores.

had a similar 3D effect where they did a 360 degree time lapse outward spiral that followed the explosions expansion and finished with someone lying on the floor watching a ball bearing rolling across the floor and coming to rest

Fuck, I know the one. Had a stupidly long starting scene with John Travolta bitching about hollywood. Can't remember the name.

Fastgirl
24-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Swordfish.

Mr John
24-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Shitefish

lee
24-04-2009, 11:24 AM
10 points to fastgirl.

mekon
24-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Nice find Rhino. It's an advert for Philips 21:9 ratio cinema TV. Saw a demo in Malaysia last year, amazing looking set.

Professor Redfern
24-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I never understood how they do this effect especially when they do 360 views.

Rhino
24-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Well, this is NOT a matrix 'bullet time' thing or whatever they called it where they place about 30 cameras in a circle and takes frames from each one.

From my 'research' it uses actors, dummies and props, wired, with one or several pans/tracks/dollys and it is all removed post production. A few seamless camera swaps as well perhaps? Can't see how it could be done in one take.

I think there are links on youtube to a bit of a behind the scenes...

The opening scene from swordfish was mint when you see the reflection in the ball bearing.
Oh to be Hugh Jackman in that one :)

Kryzaach
24-04-2009, 05:18 PM
It looks like the set itself is static and the actors(or at least some of the trickier poses) are digital inserts.

(They haven't removed the jitter quite properly from a few of them)

Edit: can really see it in the higher def version, http://s3.amazonaws.com/beam_offsite_beamreels/philips_h264_New_File_pplus.mov

Very very cool though, cunning clown after all that...