PDA

View Full Version : Footballer banned for live penis flash

Bundera
23-06-2009, 01:58 PM
THE Tasmanian football player who flashed his penis on live television has been suspended indefinitely.
The Mercury reports Clarence player Tim Orchard, 22, offered no excuse or defence over the incident, which saw footage of his penis go out live on ABC TV on Saturday afternoon.

His club told him he must also undertake community service if he wants to play again and handed down a four-part ruling stating that:

He will not play in any home and away games or finals games for the 2009 Tasmanian State League football season;

He undertake a community service program of tasks determined in consultation with AFL Tasmania;

He undertake a program of professional counselling to modify his behaviour and attitude as demonstrated by this incident; and

His future at the club will be determined at the end of the 2009 season after a review of his performance in undertaking the community support work.

"I'd like to apologise for my actions last Saturday," Orchard said.

"I've embarrassed myself, the club, the supporters, the sponsors and everyone associated with the club."

Clarence president Richard Mulligan said it was just "one of those impulse things" that he will probably regret for the rest of his life.

"We feel we have got to support him as well," he said.

Read the full story at The Mercury (http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2009/06/23/80471_afl.html)

Desmo
23-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Why did he embarrass himself?
Was it cold?

Bundera
23-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I saw it on the news, his mate was being interviewed and he was in the background clothed. Unzipped his fly and flopped it out... funny as but the media didnt appreciate it.

I wonder if it would be different if it was a female flashing her breasts? Would people be offended?

shmoo
23-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah, he's no Paul Haselby. :)

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/45687/Footballer-banned-for-live-penis-flash/the-little-weener.jpg

Bundera
23-06-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the photographer and/or paper got in serious trouble for publishing that photo. Whats the point of paying editors if they miss something like that? He hasnt had trouble finding the ladeez since though :lol:

The case in Tassie is a bit different as it was deliberate.

Dazed&Confused
23-06-2009, 02:30 PM
I saw it on the news, his mate was being interviewed and he was in the background clothed. Unzipped his fly and flopped it out... funny as but the media didnt appreciate it.

I wonder if it would be different if it was a female flashing her breasts? Would people be offended?

Not sure... were people offended by Janet Jackson's 'wardrobe malfunction'?

Bundera
23-06-2009, 02:34 PM
takes a bit more than a womans breast to offend most people

Mungus
23-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I get a bit bored of the sterile political correct environment we all live in where all high profile sports people are meant to robotic creatures who role out the cliches week after week.

When someone stirs things things up a little, as long as no-one is hurt, then I'm all for it.

Emily
23-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Can you compare a breast flash to a penis flash though? In different leagues I think

Maxo
23-06-2009, 02:51 PM
In different leagues I think

How so?

(I mean apart from "DICKS R GAY LOL")

Bundera
23-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Can you compare a breast flash to a penis flash though? In different leagues I think

Very true Emily, the upper half of a persons body is more socially acceptable to be viewed than the bottom half (and usually more attractive). Hence the TV industry has guidelines restricting genitals shown on TV and not breasts.

Emily
23-06-2009, 02:55 PM
How so?

What Bund said.

Why would I think "DICKS R GAY"? :huh:

bobinatcat
23-06-2009, 02:57 PM
^ and cause boobs are awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bundera
23-06-2009, 03:00 PM
^WHS, more bewbs, less weiner in the media is what that story is all about and yet stories like this (http://ibtimes.com.au/articles/20090622/miranda-kerr-nude-pirelli-calendar.htm) still make the news.

bobinatcat
23-06-2009, 03:02 PM
whs?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bundera
23-06-2009, 03:04 PM
what he said

Emily
23-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Edit: beaten

bobinatcat
23-06-2009, 03:08 PM
ah. Freakin' internet acronyms.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobinatcat
23-06-2009, 03:13 PM
ah. Freakin' internet acronyms.
Posted via Mobile Device

potato
23-06-2009, 07:48 PM
no-one stuck a finger up his bum then? :lol:

D'Artagnan
23-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Very true Emily, the upper half of a persons body is more socially acceptable to be viewed than the bottom half (and usually more attractive). Hence the TV industry has guidelines restricting genitals shown on TV and not breasts.

Depends where you're from. For example in some cultures (New Guinea for example) where breast are on display as part of the norm but knees aren't, the showing of ones knees can be considered as offensive as boobs are here.

Me? I couldn't care less. We all have 'bits' that look much the same so who cares. It's not like it's something we haven't all seen. "OMG Mum what's that"!! :lol:

How so?

Couldn't agree more. Never could work out why girls eyeing some topless guy was any different from guys eyeing a topless girl? Is it just that her boobs are functional and therefore are somehow embarrassing?

D'Art

Uncle Flash
23-06-2009, 10:43 PM
no-one stuck a finger up his bum then? :lol:

Now there's something you don't see on the sports report!