PDA

View Full Version : suspension repairs

rufus
02-07-2009, 08:04 PM
so i went over the pits on monday and got knocked back for having worn upper control arm bushes so i went to pendders to get a quote, after finding out it was going to set me back in excess of $600 i decided that i would have a crack at it, y not. After pulling the wish bone out i discovered that the bushes are actually pressed in, meaning the old ones needed to be pressed out and the new ones pressed back in so in calling pedders back to ask them if they could press them out and new back in they told me it was a big job and it would cost me around $440 which i think is utter bushshit considering the first quote was $600 complete with wheel alignment.
so i was just wanted to ask the question if any one could help me remove and reinstall these bushes or could recoment anyone that could help i would be very greatfull. ( im not expecting any thing for free of corse)
cheers rufus

Arwon
02-07-2009, 10:23 PM
pedders have fully overhauled control arms on the shelf and you would have got new upper ball joints with that for the $600.

you can do it yourself, not too hard to do.

sorry i can't help, i fly out tommorrow.

Sumatie
02-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Anyone with a 20ton or more press can do it.

not faz
03-07-2009, 06:45 AM
I've got access to a 10 ton press.

rufus
03-07-2009, 05:54 PM
thanks for the help everyone , faz might hve to come and see you about that ten tone press.