PDA

View Full Version : My ebay adventure

Funkshen
09-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Im selling my ute on ebay and iv had dozens of scammers trying to get me. heres an example of one and my replies (in red)

Subject: Holden Ute VZ S
To: jon_arlow@yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Received: Wednesday, 8 July, 2009, 11:38 PM

Hello,
I have keen interest in your item with number 270421094512
is it possible to me to buy it right now?
i promise to offer you $21,500 and put an end to the auction
immediately.i will arrange for pick up myself as i have a reliable shipping company that ship and pick my goods and i will pay you via paypal,The secure way to make payment online.
If you are willing to sell it for me,kindly get back to me
with your account so i can transfer the money immediately.
Thank You

eBay Id : engine.master( 1602)

Brady

aye aye captain!

F**k off

Orun orun baba ki lonlor?what is shakking?shey ka shey buss?

i have informed the police of you ISP which if you dont know if your computer ID. they will be in contact with you shortly

You are fucking mad...... and disgusting....tell them to come to me as i will entertain them with AK 47

Now you have threatened a police officer, please keep going :

Get Lost but i promise if i see any fucking police withing my vicinity today or anytime...They are good as gone....its a promise..you too can show up and see what i am talking about.i will KILL YOU

oh i can keep going, you are a scammer, you have no right to live. all you do is cheat people of there money. does that make you feel good? why do you wake up in the morning. YOU WERE A MISTAKE. wash your mouth with buckshot. i can keep going all day, you are the scum of the earth. my shit equates to the prime minister of australia compared to you.

Bex
09-07-2009, 05:16 PM
um wtf?

Jack0207
09-07-2009, 06:25 PM
A mate at work had the same thing about 2 months ago and he advertised in the quokka.

Obviously some dumb shits fall for it!

Melchior
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I'd say plenty of people would fall for it, thinking Paypal is safe...particularly less internet savvy people. Poor innocent souls.

potato
09-07-2009, 06:58 PM
thats some crazy stuff.

sunday times still works ok.

one call, one buyer, sold........

Fat Pat
09-07-2009, 08:20 PM
A mate at work had the same thing about 2 months ago and he advertised in the quokka.

Obviously some dumb shits fall for it!

I'd say plenty of people would fall for it, thinking Paypal is safe...particularly less internet savvy people. Poor innocent souls.
Without wishing to appear like a dumb-shit, and pardon my naivety, but how does one smell the bad juju in this response. I thought paypal was pretty legit as well, why should I be mistrustful of it now?:huh:

g0zer
09-07-2009, 08:26 PM
if they want to bid on it, they should click on BID

not message the seller asking them for account details..

Jack0207
09-07-2009, 08:37 PM
If the reply was " OK here is my paypal email address so you can send the money through" the next email from the dodgy buyer asks for paypal details including password, home address etc. Then goes on to say he will pay deposit and his shipping agent will pick the vehicle up yada yada yada all the while sucking out small bits of info each email.

perdition
09-07-2009, 10:43 PM
ive had that on the sport classic from the quokka

guy willing to buy the full price plus $750 shipping fee no haggling

even ''sent'' me payment via well made but dodgey paypal email

all i had to do was send his ''shipping agent'' $750 via western union

what was odd tho and a little freaky , just after i forwarded the dodgy paypal emmail to proper pay-pal - i got another dodgey paypal email saying yes - bill owen is a legit buyer please send him the $750 , its all good or words to that effect.

i just deleted all of his emails and scrubbed my computer for anything nasty

Jack0207
09-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Best thing to do is forward them onto the real paypal and also pass it onto WAPOL.

wannabee
10-07-2009, 12:16 AM
one of the Paypal scams ive heard of is...

U send me the goods... I send money... All good... deal... done...

They play by the rules etc right up to when u send the goods, But as soon as they find out u've sent the goods, They contact Paypal saying that YOU are the scammer because the goods arent what they were described/werent sent/whatever and that they need a full reversal of the money because YOU screwed THEM... Meanwhile... You've sent off the goods and then Paypal refunds them their money...
They end up with goods and get their money back... Plus u end up with a black dot against your name/email...

Just one of the ways ive heard...

The Saint
10-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Well, you certainly fixed his wagon.

=Stevo=
10-07-2009, 12:36 AM

They play by the rules etc right up to when u send the goods, But as soon as they find out u've sent the goods, They contact Paypal saying that YOU are the scammer because the goods arent what they were described/werent sent/whatever and that they need a full reversal of the money because YOU screwed THEM... Meanwhile... You've sent off the goods and then Paypal refunds them their money...
They end up with goods and get their money back... Plus u end up with a black dot against your name/email...

yep, thats a common one...
Paypal are so shit, they don't research or question it at all, half the time they just refund the money back... if you are a legit seller you can be screwed over so bad...

D'Artagnan
10-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Best thing to do is forward them onto the real paypal and also pass it onto WAPOL.

ScamNet - (http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/ConsumerProtection/scamnet/content/pages/Contact.html)

Melchior
10-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Without wishing to appear like a dumb-shit, and pardon my naivety, but how does one smell the bad juju in this response. I thought paypal was pretty legit as well, why should I be mistrustful of it now?:huh:

As below :)

That's what I am referring too. And to be honest, I didn't even think of it, I read it somewhere and it seemed obvious then. I wouldve fallen for it :rolleyes: But, you don't know if theyre a scammer or not...until they reverse the funds.