PDA

View Full Version : End of an Era - Pete from Causeway Honda

Deej
30-09-2003, 07:50 PM
As at 1pm Saturday 4 October 2003, the legendary Pete from Causeway Honda will no longer be "Pete from Causeway Honda" and will become just "Pete, all round good bloke".

Pete who started at Causeway Honda in his teens some 7 years ago, has resigned today to take a break, assess his options and possibly pursue his wishes to study Sports Science.

Pete commenced working at Causeway Honda as an apprentice mechanic then after qualifying, headed up the service and spares, then accessories until recently expanding his all-round knowledge of the bike industry by getting exposure in bike sales.

Pete's ability to know what is going on everywhere in that shop has been a constant source of fascination to the Team. His sharp humour & wit along with his 'go the extra yard' service will be sorely missed by all who have dealt with him.

On behalf of the Perth StreetBike.com community.... Thankyou....and we wish you success with any career path you decide to pursue.

On behalf of Perth Extreme I know I can speak for all of us to say that the important result of the Causeway Honda relationship is that we have met someone we are all proud to call a friend, and that doesnt end this Saturday.

Deej

CAD
30-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Oh dear....where DO we go now? *lost*

Seriously good luck Pete...you champ, thanks for everything mate... cya soon!

:lol:

[-Sm0Ke-]
30-09-2003, 08:30 PM
Sad to see ya go mate.. "Dun make me go bak to those yamaha dealers!" :lol:
thanks for all ur time and effort in sourcing all those parts for me mate..
hope ull pop into the forums from time to time...
good luck with the whole sports scrience thing, sooo many fit birds doin that course... :shock:
take it easy
[-Sm0Ke-]

BigBird
30-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Pete,

Sorry to see you go. Know you have yr reasons and i know you will kick ass where you go.

Big it up for the mighty Pete. He has helped us all, (for the ones that haven't been to see Pete, shame on you) Sad to see the end of an era, but onto bigger & better things.

All the best Pete.

da Bird.

Erion Dave
30-09-2003, 09:57 PM
And for those who now don't know where to shop for your bike goodies, go and have a chat to Gary at Northside Kawasaki. Gary will look after you just like Pete used to , well maybe not a back rub or foot massage, but in quality service.

And you can still go to Causeway Honda just Pete won't be there :cry:

30-09-2003, 11:24 PM
ALL FORUM READERS,

Pete may be leaving the shop to venture out on new horizons but...

at the end of next month (Oct)

I will be filling the void Tony WALTHER left three months ago as the Accessory Manager so feel free to come down and I will be sure to try and look after you Peter Style.

Most frequent readers off the forum who visit the shop would already know me as Chook or Alan.

Look forward to continuing the service.

Campo
30-09-2003, 11:28 PM
Pete, got your message and reading this, well mate you've been more than just "after sales service" You're truely one of the team, and a bloody good mate. You'll be sorely missed but we wish you all the best with everything that you're moving onto. I'll be keeping in touch while in Sydney and mate, if you and the other half ever come over, be sure to look me up and we'll all hit the town!

Be good bro, take care and work hard cause you know it'll pay off at the end of the day!!!

Deej
30-09-2003, 11:47 PM
ALL FORUM READERS,

Pete may be leaving the shop to venture out on new horizons but...

at the end of next month (Oct)

I will be filling the void Tony WALTHER left three months ago as the Accessory Manager so feel free to come down and I will be sure to try and look after you Peter Style.

Most frequent readers off the forum who visit the shop would already know me as Chook or Alan.

Look forward to continuing the service.

Go see Madmax from Causeway Honda and tell him Perth Extreme sent ya.

.... its guna take a bit of getting used to but.... could work!

Campo
01-10-2003, 12:18 AM
I'm sure we'll get used to it....kinda....hmmmmm yeah......pretty sure. :D

Shoxer
01-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Sad too see you leave Pete, you have helped me out so much with my bike, i dont know how to thank you :/

All the best with your future studies!

FireStorm
01-10-2003, 10:35 PM
damn man. sorry to c u go. Now who am i supposed to go see? I have issuses with nortside cause i told a mate to go there (he just bought a brand new zzr 250 on sat) and tell them pe sent him and gary wouldn't even throw in a lid. So sorry northside u wont be getting my business.

Pete man. Be good dude and i expect to c you out riding champ..... cant loose all contact bro... my life would be incomplete with out my dose of pete's dry sarcasm :)

Anonymous
02-10-2003, 12:28 AM
I saw the man himself today.. thanks for all your help champ! Best of luck with whatever you decide to do in the future. :)

#9.

Tex
02-10-2003, 04:13 PM
hey firestorm , lets be realistic here , just cause he knows about the web site (not an active member that i know) you expect gary to throw in a new lid !!! you gotta be dreaming , on a 250 worth say 7-8 grand (not sure what it's worth) if gary then GAVE away a helmet around 600 bucks he'd be making fuck all profit , just cause people say that they know us doesn't entittle them to free shit, what we are saying is that gary will do the best deal that he can for you , he's still running a buissness and has to make money. and everyone gets the piece of mind that gary won't fuck you over and that you can deal with someone you can trust !!
nothing is for free in this world ! and as far as i'm concerned perth extreme is about people ridding together that have fun ! it's not about jumping on the bandwagon and trying to get something for free when you decide to buy your first bike ! do your time prove your worth and shop at northside all the time and i'm sure you'll start to see the benefits ! until then pay the full price and shut the fuck up ! :evil:

Shoxer
02-10-2003, 06:29 PM
I know of someone who went to northside looking for a bike and he/she was delt with in a rude way.

i'm staying with Causway Honda

Campo
02-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah the guys at northside are pretty cool, I'll give 'em that but.....they sell Kwakas mate :lol: :lol:

Gonzo
02-10-2003, 07:52 PM
good luck Pete....

No more discounts??

awwwwwwwwww :(

nah seriously good luck with whateva u do Pete....

hows the new avatar!!!!! :P :P

02-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Shoxer I always knew you had taste.

The boy may have left the shop but I'll be doing my best to ensure Causeway Honda still provides the service its reputation has been built up on.

Honda... we have your motorcycle.

FireStorm
02-10-2003, 10:01 PM
hey firestorm , lets be realistic here , just cause he knows about the web site (not an active member that i know) you expect gary to throw in a new lid !!! you gotta be dreaming , on a 250 worth say 7-8 grand (not sure what it's worth) if gary then GAVE away a helmet around 600 bucks he'd be making fuck all profit , just cause people say that they know us doesn't entittle them to free shit, what we are saying is that gary will do the best deal that he can for you , he's still running a buissness and has to make money. and everyone gets the piece of mind that gary won't fuck you over and that you can deal with someone you can trust !!
nothing is for free in this world ! and as far as i'm concerned perth extreme is about people ridding together that have fun ! it's not about jumping on the bandwagon and trying to get something for free when you decide to buy your first bike ! do your time prove your worth and shop at northside all the time and i'm sure you'll start to see the benefits ! until then pay the full price and shut the fuck up ! :evil:

It was a $150 lid man.... but its cool i have spoken to gary about the reasons he didn't get the bike from there. It was not cause he wouldn't get a free lid. He delt with gary on the phone and sed he was pretty cool but the sales rep delt him a pretty rude blow (not garys fault i admit). He was prepared to pay for the extra lid until the rude bit.

bladerunner00
02-10-2003, 11:08 PM
gday mate
sorry to hear that u r leaving for some one that comes into your shop 5 days a week for the past 2 and a bit years alway hearing deit mate walking into the back door. u will be missed thanks 4 selling me the blade
all the best will try to catch up with u on saturday ====oyeah rear seat cowl finaly came in. thanks again

MJ
03-10-2003, 03:15 PM
I say good on you Pete ... nice to see you change career just after my bike has been put shakily up on the wall :wink: just jokes

Good luck my friend, you'll do well

Dragon
03-10-2003, 06:47 PM
OHHHH DUDE!

That's not going to work at all... I'm gonna have to sell my Honda now... Just jokes! :lol: :lol:

All the best Pete, may happiness and fortune lay upon your new chosen path, whatever that may be :D

You better come out riding with us again soon!

cya

Hewie
06-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Pete ... dooooode ...

thanx for all ur help mate ... and ur patience in answering all my stupid newby questions ... and wats that do .??? and that is ??

Good luck with ur studies .. and we'll see u round the traps no doubt ..

Campo
06-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Better not be a stranger Pete, make sure you drop by and say gudday sometimes.

Deej
06-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Better not be a stranger Pete, make sure you drop by and say gudday sometimes.

In Sydney??!!

Campo
06-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Hell yeah....I'm not that far away.......really....... :D

Flakey
06-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Hell yeah....I'm not that far away.......really....... :D

Yeah... Your only on the far side of the island!! :P

Campo
06-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Hmmm but it only takes a few hours hehehe

ChOOkiE
06-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Sorry to say I never did have the pleasure due to my licence being ripped away from me, but good luck in whatever you do Pete and have fun doing it! :)

Oh yeh madmax.. what's the deal with stealing my nick.. ChooK :P
damn I know a few of them around now :)
I'll probably be coming in to get my bike serviced early Nov, so I might see you then

PrestigeCBR
07-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Just remember ever bike shop has good and bad days, and every shop is run by profit, as you get to know the staff well they look after you!! :D
I have always got my best deals from Five Star Yamaha because I have been a long time customer, even taken other brand of bikes to them for work!!
Mind you apart from Chapmans (useless) just ask around. :evil:

Good luck and best wishes Pete for the future. 8)

doorman
10-10-2003, 11:45 AM

Northside used my mate's bike as a demo for a week or two while it was in getting fixed from his crash! When he picked it up he noticed the shitload of extra kms on it and questioned them.

They admitted it and then asked if he could hang around to let someone else ride it who was due in about half an hour!

He was nice about it, he let them get away with it! I would have complained to Sticker squad, Kawasaki and then my lawyer! I probably wouldn't have accepted the bike back! Who knows how it was ridden. Being a 250 it would have had the just licensed and inexperienced on it!

slizzut
11-10-2003, 09:39 AM
ive visited northside four times, and sorry northside, but im my own opinion that was four times too much.
i dealt with the same person every time (not mentioning any managers names), and unfortunately his attitude stunk. i understand they are a business and was certainly not asking for/expecting any free shit or cheap deal, i was looking for one thing that doesnt put them out of pocket in any way - service. how simple is that?
i mean hey whatever does it for ya.... with me, i dont care if i have to travel that bit further and/or pay that bit extra if it means i know im gonna be looked after. so even tho ive got a kwaka and live 2mins from causeway honda/hartleys, i was still willing to trek to osborne park if northside had've stepped up.
i gave them a fair few shots, wasnt asking any tall orders.. how simple is that? their effort factor wasnt just nil, it was freakin negative. so fuk recommending that. :roll:

again, whatever does it for ya... so causeway honda, youll still be seein my bike, even if it is a kwaka!

TheonlyNinjabitches
11-10-2003, 10:13 AM
well after buying a brand new bike from mach one in midland and not getting the after service i wanted northside are far better than them.

like anything like that if ya not happy with ones service ya either say something about it or go somewhere else. easy fixed.

will be sticking with northside as its cool that they give ya a loan bike while they work on ya bike to.

CAD
11-10-2003, 03:40 PM
well im rather pleased with my kwaka dealer near me... only 3 mins ride... all the boys know me... they look after me... but i still go to causeway when im up that way (i live 30kms SOR) never actually had my bike serviced by either causeway or northside tho... so nuttin bad/good yet... my 2c 8) 8)

Pete
12-10-2003, 08:59 PM
never had a problem with northside. they have helped me out quite a few times. i had a few broken links and not only did they fix it for me right away but also included a lesson for me on how to fit it. i would recommend them to anyone. for service... and the great vids

Blade Jr.
13-10-2003, 07:11 PM
The boys at northside have been pretty good to me. Ive been in a few times and they've looked after me very well each time.
I think a big part of it is that youll always see a couple of guys from northside at scabs on the weekends, hangin out with us, ridin with us, like us. It makes it easy for us to talk to them, and get to know them.

Maarken
17-10-2003, 02:40 PM
well i was looking for a 2fiddy and went to nthside and at the time the sales man who i admit doesnt work there now was rude as so i havent been there scince.....

they give you a loaner bike when servicing your bike ... where was my loaner pete when i had mine in causeway ????? hahahaha

well catch ya pete always have fun in the things you do and keep riding with us mate im surew we will see ya round...

as cad said the kwaka dealer in rocko is the one for me but ill still see the boys from causeway ... hell i ride a honda :)

Spike
17-10-2003, 04:58 PM
i've been to northside quite a few times and sorry but i've found there customer service ****ing awesome, i've been looked after, given good advice and when i got my bike back from them servicing it it was the cleanest i've ever seen it since i bought it....Northside get a thumbs up from me!.......i just wish i liked the ninja's more than the yami's but sorry gary, i just had to get an R1

TheonlyNinjabitches
17-10-2003, 05:23 PM
go the ninjas