PDA

View Full Version : Extreme boys toyz - should i use them??? Please help!!

timelesschick
28-11-2009, 10:52 AM
hi i have just moved into the area from over east and own a Triumph speedmaster that is long overdue a service!!! i noticed that the local dealer is extreme boys toyz. my bike is my baby so want to put it in the best possible hands and would rather it go to a triumph dealer. therefore just wondered if anyone knows what extreme boys toyz in bunbury are like????? i dont really fancy going up to perth as dont know what any of them are like either! any advise would be greatly appreciated on what they are like as with the nice weather here i need to get it in asap. thanks and look forward to your comments :D

Busson
28-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Mate I've heard bad rumours, nothing concrete though. Have also had a few mates buy Hyosungs from there with differing opinions. I would try them for a service, see how you find them.

There is a guy on the forums who bought a Daytona SE from them I think so hopefully he posts in here and gives you a little input.

Oh yeah, welcome to PSB and when you get it serviced head for the hills out Collie/Donnybrooke way, some good riding out that way

Waikikablukar
28-11-2009, 12:56 PM
I would take it to Wayne Patterson @ bunbury ducati. Dont know about E.B.T but the Pattersons have a great rep

Valin
28-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Live in bunbury. Have heard a few bad stories about EBT. I have never used them so they may be just stories.

Never heard anything bad about Patto and plenty of good things. One of the busiest dynos in Australia I am told

crash
28-11-2009, 01:41 PM
hard to get into pattos he is trying to get away from anything other than ducati unless its for dino tuning.

as for e.b.t wouldn t touch take your bike to perth to frasers i think or find a good mechanic i ll take mine to perth (r1) from now on patto won t do it. doesn t have the electronics to do it apparently or to busy. i ll take it to Brittons or causeway .

Desmo
28-11-2009, 02:01 PM
K-Tec

Nero Diablo
28-11-2009, 07:49 PM
If in doubt learn to do it yourself, most of the bike shops around Bunbury are trying to stick with thier brand of chioce there is a good dirt bike place that will service anything. As far as extreme boyz toys like others I have heard a few storys but no direct experince, by the same token I don't own any of the brands they sell so have little reason to go there.

Stoneville
28-11-2009, 08:15 PM
mmm my Daytona was bought from them, but definitely didn't go back there for a service.

What service is it up for??? An easy one? then do it yourself I'd book your bike in up here and come on a shopping trip or just a looksie around while the bike gets serviced.

Hope you can make it on the Gnome ride :)

Xuaxace
29-11-2009, 02:40 AM
Never heard of them, but with that name I don't think I would close to them.

filbert
05-12-2009, 12:33 PM
i believe it is a moot point now as triumph has relieved him of dealership status rumour has it for financial reasons, my personal dealings with him were nothing to write home about i've known the pattersons for many years and seen the quality of their business practices but the owner of extreme boys toyz couldn't go far enough out of his way to run them down.
I ended up buying a kawasaki after speaking to patto and him setting me up with a killer deal with kim britton, patto had nothing bad to say about extreme boys toyz but said he would prefer i bought from someone else even if it wasn't himself.

Drasius
05-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Just a quick plug for Country Kawasaki in Bunno, top blokes and great service, always helpful. I have seen one or 2 trumpies out the back there getting serviced. Just so you have another option if you can't get into patto's.

filbert
05-12-2009, 07:43 PM
can't really knock the bike shops in bunbury they've all done good by me, even down to one not stocking a tyre but if i didn't mind picking it up from the other i'd still get it at his best price. Or telling me my battery was cheaper at the battery all types store than they could sell it to me.
The only one i ever had issues with was EBT and only for the way he talked about the other stores we all see each other at the tracks and say hi, they refer customers to each other his attitude just didn't fit the town.
And they will all go the extra mile if you're unhappy with the service, if it's genuine and reasonable.

Garett
05-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I bought my Daytona SE from them, wouldn't recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runa
06-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Seems like a decent bloke to me (EBT's) always ready for a chat or advice.

Hewzie
06-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Poor old Merv. He's not getting much support here.
Don't let that shop name put you off...better than Bunbury Triumph or some other wank unimaginative name. My new Speed Triple was certainly an extreme boys toy!!!
I supported local business cos I lived there and I think that's important. If you want it serviced then tell them exactly what it is you want doing and I'm sure they'll do it ok.
I got reasonable bike service from JCS last month but was treated poorly. They be way busy to smile or chat or show some appreciation. So will I go back? Probably not...

timelesschick
09-12-2009, 11:45 AM
hi thank you all for your comments, i went in there the other day and spoke to Merv, think he is the owner??? he was really nice and very helpful. the mechanic they have has 16 years experience on Trumpies and was also really nice and helpful. so i have booked it in for its service. the rates there are quite good too, i rang kwaka in bunbury and they didnt even know how much to charge (still waiting for a call back from them, i rang 4 days ago!!!). so that didnt put much faith in me putting my bike in there, i figured if they dont even know the prices what do they know about bikes lol !!!!! i agree with hewzie i also heard jcs are crap and not helpful (and no i didnt get that from extreme boys toyz!!!)from my mate in perth with a rocket 3. after reading all your posts i mentioned other bike shops to merv and he didnt really say alot and didnt slag anyone off. its just really hard when you first move to an area about who to use. i have not heard anything bad about patto but they are really busy mind you ebt cant get me in for 2 weeks!!! haha i also went into to bunbury yamaha as someone told me the mechanic there used to work on Trumpies - what a wanker he was, like he hasnt got a clue (hey im a women so do not know alot about bikes) but i recon my knowledge was better than his, and they dont even have the right tools to service the different models so nope will give them a miss, the salesman was strange there too billy boxhead who seems to know everything hahaha. i am not slagging them off just how i found them, anyway will keep you posted on how my service goes and any info on rides or other bike stuff will be greatly appreciated as need to start getting out and about.

Stoneville
09-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Glad you're getting it sorted, guess you got the good treatment cos you're a chick??

Keep an eye out for Bunno rides, when the guys get things sorted

smeghead
09-12-2009, 12:17 PM
The PSB Collie crew will show you some excellent roads, PM Reddog

Wedge
09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
So read this thread (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f20/suspension-dyno-tune-extreme-boys-toyz-bunbury-awesome-96625/)

and vote? :huh:

Viper
09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
gee pick who works for them ... idiot! why try and pump up your company by lying about shit ...

Barfridge
09-12-2009, 06:35 PM
haha, you would have thought that the first thread was enough to dig a hole.

Please keep it civil in here, or this one will get closed too.

Commander Keen
09-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Ah but Barfy, we're having so much fun!

Seems to be a bit of slagging of JCS in here, let it be known I've never had a bad experience there and they have gone out of their way to fit me in for a weekend service at short notice before.

As for EBT? Too far away for me to comment.

Garett
09-12-2009, 10:27 PM
So read this thread (http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f20/suspension-dyno-tune-extreme-boys-toyz-bunbury-awesome-96625/)

and vote? :huh:

Hahah, way to dig a hole for yourself Merv. I would stop talking about wanting to get into your own pants though, makes you sound like a w4n<r :)

Roger Explosion
09-12-2009, 10:31 PM

Seems to be a bit of slagging of JCS in here, let it be known I've never had a bad experience there and they have gone out of their way to fit me in for a weekend service at short notice before.

JCS get a HUGE thumbs up from me and I don't even own a triumph. They did a great deal for my younger brother on some bits for his bonnie and while I was shopping for bikes a while back, they were very helpful and more than generous when it came to giving test rides. Service was so good I allmost felt guilty not buying a bike from them in the end!

OT, please don't close this one Barfy, other one was :awesomedance:
PSB truly delivers in the comedy department.

chew
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM
For truly amazingly poor customer service try the East Coast (that we are accused of being waaaay behind, I now think W.A. stands for way ahead) Twice in three years while in Melbourne I was fobbed off and let down by the large Triumph dealer there. Upon returning to Perth the footpeg that was six weeks away in Melbourne was on the shelf x 3. Tossers.

Joe Shabadoo
10-12-2009, 12:29 AM
+1000000 for JCS. Fixing up the daytona debacle, so much free advice, giving me free spare bits of other bikes which I needed, and put up with my constant 'is it done yet', and a very good rate (<$1000 for pull apart an engine and reassemble it to check for damage/clean out metal debris, aluminium internal sump weld, forks fitted, new oil/filter)
And they let their customers rather than employees build their reputation for them

Commander Keen
10-12-2009, 09:27 AM
... they let their customers rather than employees build their reputation for them

this.

/thread

Dragunov-21
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Hehe, so much love for PSB staff right now...

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/71372/Extreme-boys-toyz---should-i-use-them----Please-help--/olololq.png

Misadventure
10-12-2009, 11:10 AM
No, since they're gender biased!

Dubs
10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
No, since they're gender biased!

No we're not, coz bitches HATE that

Dubs

BeNo
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Timelesschick if u are who say I are pay no attension,
if u are the owner of the business please say this slow and out loud...
I AM WE TODD IT, I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT

Jack0207
10-12-2009, 11:57 AM

JCS get big Thumbs up from me. Never had a service done (live 1600kms away) but have ordered plenty of spares from them and the service is next to none!