PDA

View Full Version : Backloading or courier

ONYERBIKE
31-08-2005, 08:54 AM
heh guys might need some car doors bought over from Melbourne next week (depends if I win them on eBay - yeh I'll be careful, don't want to get scammed :o ).

Anyone have contacts for backloading (or whatever ya call it) or for a non dodgy courier or whatever PM me Thanks

Bulbous
31-08-2005, 12:14 PM
backloading is from perth to melbourne, as 95% of the freight that crosses the nullabor is coming here..... most of the trains and trucks you see heading back are dead empty....... so the frieght coming over is nice and expensive, and for light but bulky frieght, you will pay by the cubic size, not the weight...... we usually use GKR Transport, based in Welshpool, for all of our east-west freight from Melbourne, try giving them a call.....

mod_for_paraplegic
31-08-2005, 05:12 PM
I phoned around and got quotes a while ago when transporting my bike to sydney and back.

WA Freight lines was the cheapest return at $550 for a fully crated bike

My lowest quote to get it to Sydney was $150 which goes to show the difference in the direction.

Phone around - there is heaps of varience

Lush
31-08-2005, 05:21 PM
I have a connection. PM sent.

Duffman
31-08-2005, 08:00 PM
i did abit of a ring around when bringing over some pocketbikes from melbourne, and found a place called CS express to be the cheapest by far

Barfridge
31-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Yep, outbound freight from Perth is stupidly cheap. My company was at one stage looking to supply inland Queensland (Mount Isa, Longreach) from here, as the freight is actually cheaper that sending it from the other warehouse in Brisbane.

sathid
01-09-2005, 05:05 PM
GKR Transport
thats who I got to bring my rgv rolling chassis (in crate) over from melbourne.
cost me the better part of $300 iirc.

Bulbous
01-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by sathid@Sep 1 2005, 05:05 PM
thats who I got to bring my rgv rolling chassis (in crate) over from melbourne.
cost me the better part of $300 iirc.

for the size of it, that aint bad...... the best thing i can say with things like this is, dismantle as much as you can, and get the overall size down.... they are charged according to the size of the package, not the weight, and the smaller you can make it, the better..... not that this is possible for a full bike, but a rolling chassis should be able to be made smaller by taking some of it apart....

sathid
02-09-2005, 09:06 AM
yes, what do they call it, cubic weight or something.
some info on the royal mail (uk post) website.