Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HM Quickshifter Plus - Z1000 - PCV - Install

HI all, have a question about installing my spankin' new HM Quickshifter Plus on my Z1000 already equipped with a PCV.

Installed the strain gauge unit itself just fine with the help of Mr Bean , just want to be sure about the next steps given the guide says to cut a connector off.. The installation guide reads as follows.

HM Quickshifter PC used with a Power Commander V

Cut the connector off of the HM Quickshifter PC. This will expose three wires: Red, Black and Green/White.

The Power Commander V has screw terminals for external devices. Attach the Green/White wire to the ‘SHIFTER’ terminal and Red to a switch Positive and Black to ground.

See “HM Quickshifter PC used with a Power Commander III USB” for setup information
    Where I want to be sure is in this sentence "Attach the Green/White wire to the ‘SHIFTER’ terminal and Red to a switch Positive and Black to ground"

The way we've interpreted that is to connect the red wire to *something* on the bike (red wire naturally) that comes on when the ignition is on, like the tail light, plate light etc for example.

Does anyone have experience installing this combo of equipment that can comment?

Thanks in advance.

Pic because I'm wrapped with the install

Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
    Likes yaabaa liked this post

Motorbike
    1988 Bandit GSF250, 2010 Z1000, 2014 Duke 390
    Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to JB Performance Bikes for his prompt answer regarding my query.

The information on the website isn't for this particular application, I just got stuck when it said "HM Quickshifter PC used with a Power Commander V"

As it's a standalone unit it must be used with the supplied coil loom to connect to the ignition coils directly, as it has an ignition controller built in and a PCV doesn't. The system is ignition cut not fuel cut.
    Last edited by frenchie; 13-02-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
    Likes Mr Bean liked this post