User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: LWTK: Cheapest Interstate Car Transport

  1. #1
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    LWTK: Cheapest Interstate Car Transport

    If I want to get a small, driveable Statutory Write Off from Sydney to Perth, who is it cheapest to go with? They can lift it by forklift through the windows and in to a skip bin for the journey as far as I care, so long as it gets here.

    Let's start the bidding at $1,400. Anyone done it for less recently? Must be door-to-door.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

  2. #2
    Member wonky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did send a vehicle from Brisbane to perth about 15 years ago. I can't remember the details but it come over on the train. Im pretty sure I picked it up from a transport depot and it was probably driven to a depot on the other side as well. I have also sent sea container over and that time i had to call around and find a cheap tilt tray to deliver both here and there.

  3. #3
    PSB Statesman Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The PSB Café
    Motorbike
    Hybrid Busa
    Liked
    266 times
    Posts
    16,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what car?

  4. #4
    Member datsikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SOR
    Liked
    46 times
    Posts
    844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    what car?
    not a convertible!

    Not sure if jayde go to Sydney and they won't drive it your door.. The company I worked for used em so might be worth researching em.

  5. #5
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it sorted. Well, the quote side at least. Load your details on to Trucknet.com and companies/brokers will send you quotes. Got it for $1,400 with the added advantage that they can pick up within 24 hours of booking - which Manheims demand.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    what car?
    Stat write off VW Golf. It's a parts car for my VW Caddy - should make it do 0-60 in 6 seconds
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

  6. #6
    Member Jaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SOR
    Motorbike
    Kwaka zx10R, Yamaharrrr R1
    Liked
    144 times
    Posts
    1,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Got it sorted. Well, the quote side at least. Load your details on to Trucknet.com and companies/brokers will send you quotes. Got it for $1,400 with the added advantage that they can pick up within 24 hours of booking - which Manheims demand.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Stat write off VW Golf. It's a parts car for my VW Caddy - should make it do 0-60 in 6 seconds
    prixcar are my go to lately, generally good service and rates

  7. #7
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    prixcar are my go to lately, generally good service and rates
    Not for me they weren't! But cheers for the tip
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

  8. #8
    Member Jaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SOR
    Motorbike
    Kwaka zx10R, Yamaharrrr R1
    Liked
    144 times
    Posts
    1,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Not for me they weren't! But cheers for the tip


    ah came out pricey? Guess it all varies will have to try trucknet next time

  9. #9
    Member Jaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SOR
    Motorbike
    Kwaka zx10R, Yamaharrrr R1
    Liked
    144 times
    Posts
    1,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    If I want to get a small, driveable Statutory Write Off from Sydney to Perth, who is it cheapest to go with? They can lift it by forklift through the windows and in to a skip bin for the journey as far as I care, so long as it gets here.

    Let's start the bidding at $1,400. Anyone done it for less recently? Must be door-to-door.

    Hi mate, mind me asking who you went with in the end?

    Have to send a car Sydney > Perth but I'm a bit precious, don't want anyone driving it, don't want anyone dinging it Have a quote for $1200, less bothered about the price and more about them taking care of it tbh

    How was the service?

  10. #10
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Hi mate, mind me asking who you went with in the end?

    Have to send a car Sydney > Perth but I'm a bit precious, don't want anyone driving it, don't want anyone dinging it Have a quote for $1200, less bothered about the price and more about them taking care of it tbh

    How was the service?
    For the love of God don't go with doortodoor.com.au. Mine arrived with the roof covered in oil from the sump of the car above. And that was fortunate - the car above was being taken to be repaired because the driver didn't realise how high the load was when he drove under something solid...

    I tried an online broker first and he cost me time and effort. Useless. He'd organised Ceva to transport the Golf. I told him it was a Statutory Write Off. It was being picked up from Manheim's Salvage depot. Ceva won't transport damaged vehicles. I don't think he was used to dealing with issues because his method was to ignore me until I got TruckIt.Net involved to fix things.

    Previously I've used CarCarrying.com. They were really good. They did lose my bright blue 1969 Fiat 124 Sport at their Perth depot for a couple of weeks. I guess they had a lot of them in that month.

    I'd go with Ceva, except I hear Valiant Chargers sometimes arrive by them with more kilometres than they had and the tyres have rubber balling on them.

    So basically - best of luck!
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

  11. #11
    Member Jaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SOR
    Motorbike
    Kwaka zx10R, Yamaharrrr R1
    Liked
    144 times
    Posts
    1,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    For the love of God don't go with doortodoor.com.au. Mine arrived with the roof covered in oil from the sump of the car above. And that was fortunate - the car above was being taken to be repaired because the driver didn't realise how high the load was when he drove under something solid...

    I tried an online broker first and he cost me time and effort. Useless. He'd organised Ceva to transport the Golf. I told him it was a Statutory Write Off. It was being picked up from Manheim's Salvage depot. Ceva won't transport damaged vehicles. I don't think he was used to dealing with issues because his method was to ignore me until I got TruckIt.Net involved to fix things.

    Previously I've used CarCarrying.com. They were really good. They did lose my bright blue 1969 Fiat 124 Sport at their Perth depot for a couple of weeks. I guess they had a lot of them in that month.

    I'd go with Ceva, except I hear Valiant Chargers sometimes arrive by them with more kilometres than they had and the tyres have rubber balling on them.

    So basically - best of luck!
    eurgh cheers Christ, This is turning into a headache, doortodoor are out, CEVA - that's the second bad story I've heard from the last two people - so out..

    Prixcar were ok in fairness last time I used them, but it was for a $1000 wreck so I was far from picky - half of the dings on it now could well have been from them. At least their depots seemed good enough

  12. #12
    Member Jaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SOR
    Motorbike
    Kwaka zx10R, Yamaharrrr R1
    Liked
    144 times
    Posts
    1,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so after a bit of research, only 3 real networks exist who run their own assets etc

    Prixcar
    Autocare (Patricks)
    and CEVA

    all (most) others are agents who use a combination of the three and rail / sea transporters to fill the gaps, so seems I'm best off with them by the sound of it

  13. #13
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orrrrrr for the cost of an air fare I'll fly across and drive it back for you. There's a couple of people in Sydney that need a visit paid to them - with a pillowcase filled with door knobs.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes Water pig, marras liked this post

  14. #14
    Member Jaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SOR
    Motorbike
    Kwaka zx10R, Yamaharrrr R1
    Liked
    144 times
    Posts
    1,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Orrrrrr for the cost of an air fare I'll fly across and drive it back for you. There's a couple of people in Sydney that need a visit paid to them - with a pillowcase filled with door knobs.
    my OCD with other people driving my car is whats making it so hard to find the right guys in the first place - I am in sydney most weeks now if you ever need someone to help stuff the pillowcases though!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •