Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannabis Legalisation

So in the wake of the Greens announcement and articles such as this http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-1...rt-tax/9671240 , what say you PSB?

For me, I support it. I don't see the difference between making money on tobacco and booze and this. I am aware it can cause mental health issues, but so can a lot of things other than drugs (stress and so on). To add to that, I support the use of it as pain medication and to help people with eating disorders in lieu of opiates. Have a friend who committed suicide due to pain related illness, and my dad relies on prescription opiates and despises them. Everyone is an adult and make their own decisions.

Hardest part I guess is drug driving, but I think that dickheads will be dickheads and drink/drug drive regardless of whether things are legal or not. I am sure we will have plenty of spare money and coppers as a result that can deal with the issue.

So... discuss.

Motorbike
    Gen 2 SV650
    Liked
    2501 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on the opposite side of this one.

For all of it's falsely claimed healing benefits (Aside from anxiety, pain relief and anti-nausea properties, there are no other confirmed medical benefits) there are a lot of negative effects of long term cannabis use. Keep it regulated for medical purposes only is my opinion.

/flamesuit
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Why be a cunt about it?

Motorbike
    Hybrid Busa
    Liked
    266 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for it, grow it tax it etc.
    the main issue i see is the inevitable increase in drug driving / convictions

Dubs
    Likes boeman liked this post

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post

For all of it's falsely claimed healing benefits (Aside from anxiety, pain relief and anti-nausea properties, there are no other confirmed medical benefits) there are a lot of negative effects of long term cannabis use. Keep it regulated for medical purposes only is my opinion.

/flamesuit
    Meh, I am hoping we can have a half decent discussion.

I agree with your sentiment though, I know two kinds of cannabis users.

Highly strung professionals who occasionally use it to wind down much in the same way people have a glass of wine.

Then some of the others who were and are heavy users going back to their teen years. It is like I am living 10 seconds in the future from them and they play catch up. Can't remember anything, can't do basic problem solving etc. Scary stuff as I remember a time when they were anxious over-thinkers like myself.
    Likes shortSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/flamesuit
    As with all drug use itís about a users body chemistry and mental state, and dosage...

It is surprising the number of functioning opiate/alcohol/cannabis/whatever drug, due to the users ability to handle and control their drug use...

Do you believe we should ban alcohol?

If not then you need to look at supporting atleast the decriminalisation of drugs if not legalisation...

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    I'm all for it, grow it tax it etc.
    the main issue i see is the inevitable increase in drug driving / convictions

Dubs
    I really donít foresee an appreciable rise in drug driving...

Detection of drug driving yes, as with legalisation they will then focus on detection...
    Likes Geeman liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No rush. We can kick back and watch how the Septics go with it. Funnily enough agree with everything above even what appears contradictory.

Boeman has it right with the two types, the functioning and non functioning. There's a crux though. The two groups are not mutually exclusive over time.

Definitely not something you can long term use daily and if you think that's ok there'll be a rude awakening in store at some stage.

Where the pothead starts blaming everyone else and everything else for their predicament.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
    Likes shortSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be similar to booze and cigarettes, may as well tax and regulate it. Many industries already have testing for clean workers in place, no need for them to change.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Definitely not something you can long term use daily and if you think that's ok there'll be a rude awakening in store at some stage.
    Agreed, but this can fall into the same as responsible drinking. I think cannabis probably affects mental health long term and alcohol more physical? I am no doctor, someone can probably correct me on that.

Motorbike
    An invisible one
    Liked
    278 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/flamesuit
    This sums up my stance on it, enjoyed plenty of it in my time but have also seen close up the effect of long term cannabis use so wouldn't like to see it completely legalised. I also have a strong belief that cigarettes should be banned too. Unfortunately that will never happen due to the income the gubmint takes from the tax, which would also be one reason in the case for legalising.
    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about the stats. At least with legalisation you can monitor the health of users and measure the impact on the wider community.

The more countries legalising it the better data we'll get on the long term implications. Hence why I like to hang back a bit and see what happens in the US. Much bigger sample space and diversity. And those strange guys in the Montana hills with guns... They dont need more ganga.

Legalise or not pot users will get their pot. Some will get slack and get busted. Some may go 40 years of casual use without getting busted and continue to do so.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be legalised.... It will be taxed... It will be monitored.. some people with overindulge.... some will try to make a profit from it... Gubbmint will make a killing and then ask for more tax.....a bigger grab of the pie

The same claims of miracle drug will be bandied around and as usual it will be unsubstantiated and doctors will climb on to claim they invented the shit..

Cynical... fuk yeh.

Edit......... I'm fairly sure it won't be legalised as a party drug... it might be decriminalised for use as a medicinal supplement....possibly. Since some practitioners suggest it it as beneficial as Christs' First Coming. ( to stoners )
    Sadly sick kids with undetermined symptoms appear to be having some success with the use of MJ without the THC for relief of some ailments.. ( AHHHHHH Bullshit!!) Just for mum and dad's habit, bro...
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes Geeman liked this post

Motorbike
    An invisible one
    Liked
    278 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having been involved in mining and oil/gas for 20+ years worth of random drug testing, it would be interesting to see what/if any changes legalisation would make to OHS regs and testing. Currently smoking is allowed in specific areas, and banned on some sites/offices altogether even though it is a legal drug and it is not tested for. Would there then be an allowable limit for THC?

Legal or not there will always be users wanting a bigger or longer hit e.g. contacts in WAPOL tell me the minesite drug testing was one of the big driving forces behind the increased Ice use, so does legalising it just create other problems?
    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"
    Likes GsxInShed, TurboR1 liked this post

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    Having been involved in mining and oil/gas for 20+ years worth of random drug testing, it would be interesting to see what/if any changes legalisation would make to OHS regs and testing. Currently smoking is allowed in specific areas, and banned on some sites/offices altogether even though it is a legal drug and it is not tested for. Would there then be an allowable limit for THC?

Legal or not there will always be users wanting a bigger or longer hit e.g. contacts in WAPOL tell me the minesite drug testing was one of the big driving forces behind the increased Ice use, so does legalising it just create other problems?
    Booze is very much legal but still get breath tested at many workplaces. I think 0 for alcohol and THC is reasonable for some jobs. I don't think anyone operating vehicles, machinery or tools should be under the influence of anything (even too much caffeine gets my ticker going a bit weird).

I am probably most concerned that as far as I know there isn't a long enough case study to see if X amount of THC Y times per day/week/month/year can lead to increases of Z.

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post

SPot oN... the increased use of a semi non detectable drug...."to shove it to the man" .... on site @ $150k / yr is just fukkin moron mentality MF's.... shame these kharnts are still in the industry.

I see RIO doesn't encourage drug importation... yet that doesn't stop their entitled fukwit workers/ managers givin it a go..FFS what the fuk has gone wrong in THEIR heads to think crack is a cool drug.?

Strangly enough 'Breaking Bad' is still held responsible for the massive uptake and home lab production of ice in the States....and other countries as well ;-(... and why it wouldn't be seen as a threat to youth has me fukked.

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Booze is very much legal but still get breath tested at many workplaces. I think 0 for alcohol and THC is reasonable for some jobs. I don't think anyone operating vehicles, machinery or tools should be under the influence of anything (even too much caffeine gets my ticker going a bit weird).

I am probably most concerned that as far as I know there isn't a long enough case study to see if X amount of THC Y times per day/week/month/year can lead to increases of Z.
    MJ was banned in the states after the military conducted test on Marines.. ( sale to the public was too... The supply from Mexico is still a threat to freedom and security in 'Merica..) hahah haa

( as they did with LSD..and all sorts of weird shit--they did endorse PCP -angel dust- 'cause it focussed the Marine and made 'em super strong and aggressive )

only to find that giggling soldiers with the munchies wasn't an advantage when going into a battle to face a discliplined and hostile enemy

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If weed is legalised it'll be treated by safety conscious workplaces the same way alcohol is.

I've smoked weed at high school parties and once in Amsterdam. If weed is legalised will I take up smoking? Nope. I'd imagine you'll get the same answer from a lot of people.

Will Labor or LNP ever legalise it? In 1969, (now Senator) Derryn Hinch wrote a piece about what he thinks will happen in the 1970s. He wrote legalising weed. He was on the ABC yesterday with Richard Di Natale saying whilst he supports the legalisation, he doesn't think either of the major parties will do it any time in the next 20 years.

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post

only to find that giggling soldiers with the munchies wasn't an advantage when going into a battle to face a discliplined and hostile enemy
    Imagine if the whole "War on Drugs" was a misunderstanding and we were supposed to be fighting a War ON Drugs
    Likes Geeman, HeyBrew, Dubs, ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Imagine if the whole "War on Drugs" was a misunderstanding and we were supposed to be fighting a War ON Drugs
    Just when a 'like' is never gonna be enough...
    Likes zero liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have smoked weed before, donít reslly care much for it, but I fully support legalising or at least decriminalising it. Unfortunately hemp and dope get treated as one and the same, so hopefully by decriminalising cannabis then at least we can use hemp more easily as a construction material or for many of its other utility uses. Weed is very accessible, so I think the obsession with prohibition is doing nothing to improve society (except promote a black market). Holland should be the prime example of what legalisation can do in a healthy society.

I find it amusing when people donít support legalising it, quoting the health detriments. Cake is legal, overindulge in that every day and see what it does to your health and quality of life.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.