User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: PSA: don't buy overpriced neck socks

  1. #1
    Member wheel_of_steell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boogaroon
    Motorbike
    Bandit 1200S
    Liked
    69 times
    Posts
    416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    PSA: don't buy overpriced neck socks

    In a moment of sheer intelligence, I sacrificed my old neck sock to the chain cleaning gods... time to replace it. Went around a few dealers and a camping shop in midland, apparently my $10 note was no good? Everyone is charging $34.95 for their "branded" piece of cloth. Wtf?

    If you still want to prop up a brick and mortar shop, motorrad accessories on leach highway is selling SW motech items for $9.50. Or just buy one online for $1.
    Quote Originally Posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

  2. #2
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    14,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have two left from the Spokes stand at Phillip Island where they were giving them away. I have given away three so far but need another trip next year to restock.

    Sepang this year.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

  3. #3
    Member Benzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    Japanese
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sell thermal ones all day for $14.95, and three packs of regular ones for $19.95, what are these fancy $34.95 ones!?

  4. #4
    Member Para045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    City of Wanneroo
    Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Posts
    16,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Shark one like this I haven't used yet



    They are $15 but postage is $9 I got mine free though when I bought a bundle of other stuff
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

    98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

  5. #5
    Member Known's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A short run to the hills
    Motorbike
    ZX10R
    Liked
    6 times
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the Shark one which I got for almost nothing when I was buying some other stuff from them. I used it on my trip down south, I would recommend it, works well although I'm sure others will do just as good of a job.

  6. #6
    Staff BlackFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PSB Headquarters
    Motorbike
    2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Posts
    7,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    There's some PSB branded ones which I need to drag out of the boxes and advertise again...
    Sponsored by:

    Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne (formerly Perth)
    Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Posts
    6,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    I still have two left from the Spokes stand at Phillip Island where they were giving them away. I have given away three so far but need another trip next year to restock.

    Sepang this year.
    The spokes ones do the job in a pinch, especially at the track when you start to freeze your balls off. They're a bit thin though!

  8. #8
    Member Cam87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Cannington
    Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
    In a moment of sheer intelligence, I sacrificed my old neck sock to the chain cleaning gods... time to replace it. Went around a few dealers and a camping shop in midland, apparently my $10 note was no good? Everyone is charging $34.95 for their "branded" piece of cloth. Wtf?

    If you still want to prop up a brick and mortar shop, motorrad accessories on leach highway is selling SW motech items for $9.50. Or just buy one online for $1.
    Picked one up from Motorrad today will find out if theyre any good in the morning

  9. #9
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    8,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    I have a Shark one like this I haven't used yet



    They are $15 but postage is $9 I got mine free though when I bought a bundle of other stuff
    Geez Para.......you really need to get a frkkin hair cut mate. And maybe head back to the gym....;-)
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  10. #10
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    14,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    The spokes ones do the job in a pinch, especially at the track when you start to freeze your balls off. They're a bit thin though!
    If you are relying on a neck warmer at P.I. and are not a local you need psychiatric help.

    Last year I was wearing thermal socks/undergarments, riding boots, jeans, raincoat pants, singlet, tee shirt, jumper, leather jacket, rain jacket, neck warmer, balaclava and drank straight Bourbon on the fence at Siberia.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne (formerly Perth)
    Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Posts
    6,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    If you are relying on a neck warmer at P.I. and are not a local you need psychiatric help.

    Last year I was wearing thermal socks/undergarments, riding boots, jeans, raincoat pants, singlet, tee shirt, jumper, leather jacket, rain jacket, neck warmer, balaclava and drank straight Bourbon on the fence at Siberia.
    Just before heading to the track last year

    Likes chew liked this post

  12. #12
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    14,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2009 on a nice day,

    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

  13. #13
    Member Para045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    City of Wanneroo
    Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Posts
    16,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Geez Para.......you really need to get a frkkin hair cut mate. And maybe head back to the gym....;-)
    Pfffttt AS IF I've ever been that skinny As for a haircut, I just do a #0 with the clippers at home
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

    98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

  14. #14
    Member Pucara @ JDSTUDIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    connolly
    Motorbike
    BMW K1300 GT
    Liked
    80 times
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFZR View Post
    There's some PSB branded ones which I need to drag out of the boxes and advertise again...
    I'm still having my 2 psb ones. Always worked beautiful for me. If you find some more Tim, can I have a couple? cheers

  15. #15
    Inactive Member mcnaughty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    gosnells
    Motorbike
    2017 duke 390
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just bought a heap from s.a. company bought a pack of 5 normal for $20 and a pack with 2 thermal 2 standard and a beanie gor about $30 will be trying them out when i fly back home from work

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •