29 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vortex rear sets + zx10r ABS

Hi,

So recently finally got around to installing some parts on my ninja.

One of them being vortex rear sets, i knew most (except for 2 brands) require a longer brake line from the resr master cylinder to the block which T's into the brake line from the abs unit and to the rear caliper.

Long story short, where i feel my rear sets need to be wont allow the master cylinder to bolt up, the hose of the master cylinder has a banjo bolt setup, at the block it is crimped on..

Has anyone gotten an easy fix for this? Rather then replace the brake lines and have them extended?

Pictures for reference.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there room to get a small adapter plate machined up to go between the rear set and the master cylinder? Or just get some plate, drill some holes to fit the rear set / master cylinder and create the offset required to get around the body of the master cylinder by using washers?

Or third option is to undo the clamp/bolt that is securing the T adapter against the inside of the frame and relocate it / secure it using a different method.
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE
    Likes Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    Cbr 500r, crf 250r, Daytona 675
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like blackfzr said if you can't pull any more hose, you're going to need an adapter plate. Should be easy enough to make on to suit
    Likes time_attack liked this post

Motorbike
    2013 ZX10R
    Liked
    29 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFZR View Post
    Is there room to get a small adapter plate machined up to go between the rear set and the master cylinder? Or just get some plate, drill some holes to fit the rear set / master cylinder and create the offset required to get around the body of the master cylinder by using washers?

Or third option is to undo the clamp/bolt that is securing the T adapter against the inside of the frame and relocate it / secure it using a different method.
    I have started to draw up the template at work, will start to make a dummy version.

Spoke with ENZED today and they said they can weld on a fitting to the block and make a new line to suit.
    This would be my prefered setup as would like to keep it looking oem.

Removing the block from the mount, would require the swing arm to be removed. Only 1 person on any forum said they managed to get it off in situ.

I was hoping someone else had encountered this issue before. Will keep going with the mounting plate as currently cbf removing the swing arm and rear shock.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why I settled on the brand I bought.
    Extension hoses. Everything supplied, included a cable tie to stop hose chaffing.