User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does it work - bike knocked over whilst parked - person has left without a note

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does it work - bike knocked over whilst parked - person has left without a note

Walked downstairs from the office to get a drink at the shop down the road and noticed my bike was moved, thought it was odd... then my heart sank.

Someone knocked it over, lifted it up, and drove off. No note. Building doesn't have CCTV.

I have full comprehensive. Happened on Bagot Rd. No motorcycle bays in front of the building but I've been parking straight on for the last year and a half without any issues, right to the side of the vehicle bay (no bays are marked, even for cars) so two cars could easily still fit in the space next to me.

Just had a claim in May too where my old 250 was written off so I'm looking forward to the premium or excess increasing.

Anyone got some 2013 R1 parts in Blue? Sent off a list to Cully's already so will see what they say price wise, whether to fix it privately or go through insurance (if they cover me).
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís covered without any shadow of a doubt.

You will have to pay the excess though, which sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AND... I believe it will be listed as an owner at fault claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo
    cuntoxly
    Likes dwillia liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugger, sorry to hear mate Trouble is even if someone has seen it the Police will do jack shit about it and you'll be hard pressed to get the insurance Co to do anything either as below

Quote Originally Posted by pnork View Post
    AND... I believe it will be listed as an owner at fault claim.
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what shits me, it'll go down as my fault. Will see if it is better to fix it privately or through insurance.

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wonít be marked as an at fault claim, but will still be a claim nonetheless (non recoverable) and you will have to pay the excess (will be in the wording unless you can identify the Ďat faultí party)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Mr DJ liked this post

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it might as well be marked as at fault, your premiums will go up and it will be listed as a claim on your 5 year history - they don't care if you're at fault or not
    Likes Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    TripleWhistler
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see your bike on Bagot Road and don't know how it's possible that anyone could have hit it as there's usually ample space !
    Purely bad luck I suppose - sorry to hear. Hopefully work cna compromise in future and park in their driveway tucked away?

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    Walked downstairs from the office to get a drink at the shop down the road and noticed my bike was moved, thought it was odd... then my heart sank.

Someone knocked it over, lifted it up, and drove off. No note. Building doesn't have CCTV.

I have full comprehensive. Happened on Bagot Rd. No motorcycle bays in front of the building but I've been parking straight on for the last year and a half without any issues, right to the side of the vehicle bay (no bays are marked, even for cars) so two cars could easily still fit in the space next to me.

Just had a claim in May too where my old 250 was written off so I'm looking forward to the premium or excess increasing.

Anyone got some 2013 R1 parts in Blue? Sent off a list to Cully's already so will see what they say price wise, whether to fix it privately or go through insurance (if they cover me).

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    I see your bike on Bagot Road and don't know how it's possible that anyone could have hit it as there's usually ample space !
    Purely bad luck I suppose - sorry to hear. Hopefully work cna compromise in future and park in their driveway tucked away?
    I always try to park considerably, leaving plenty of space. Somehow, got fucked over this time. Must have been a 4WD by how high it hit though, as the top of the main fairing is scratched up so it wasn't a sedan.

There's even usually someone that parks their bike right next to me on the right, and sometimes another on the left, so goes to show there is plenty of space, and I literally park on the edge of the bay.

Tried parking in the "basement" once, property manager was quick to send out a letter saying no additional vehicles are to be parked there. They're twats unfortunately. Other option is to park in the main car park in Coles, where the exact same thing could happen anyway or worse, someone nicks parts. The driveway next to us is a residence unfortunately.

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchase parts from USA or Japan
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Purchase parts from USA or Japan
    Any reputable links to sites you're aware of, please?

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    it might as well be marked as at fault, your premiums will go up and it will be listed as a claim on your 5 year history - they don't care if you're at fault or not
    if true and have full comp might aswell send it down the road and get a new bike outta it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rang them this morning, will be at fault because there is no other party to blame. Will increase premiums at least for 2 years or so by $200-$300 generally.

Because I had the claim in May on the old policy is why, as you're allowed one at fault claim a year before it affects your rating, they said it shouldn't actually affect mine though as this claim is under a new policy and therefore a new "year". Issue is, if it happens again in 6 months time or I have an at fault crash then I'm screwed anyway.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a road bike, hitting a butterfly at 35kph will do enough damage to be way more than the excess..

motorcycling 101 never park next to or like a car, bikes can get places cars cannot.. just like on the road, get away from them as much as you can
    Hoonaholics Garage
    Likes Gim, Halo_2 liked this post

Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Issue is, if it happens again in 6 months time or I have an at fault crash then I'm screwed anyway.
    Screwed how? You'll be making a claim every 6 months in that scenario. What would you do if you were them?

Now to channel your thoughts more appropriately:

The good news is that you've been responsible, you have comprehensive insurance. Kudos, sincerely.

Learn from this unfortunate occurance. Do what Hillz said and park in a way that is safer for your bike. Get a motion activated alarm so people pay attention when your bike moves without your permission.

Take the bike to potato at Straight-line 2Ten. He'll help you sort it out economically and professionally.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will increase premium as the rating will go down, considering it's not my fault it's a bit annoying...

HOWEVER!

GOOD NEWS!

Someone walked in and has given me the details of the vehicle responsible. Nick, you're a legend and thanks for dropping by with the details.

Now to call insurance.
    Likes Crobbo, Benny D, adsorption, potato, Shakey and 11 others liked this post

Motorbike
    2 Gixxers, and a Honda and no bloody Yammie!!
    Liked
    1579 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Will increase premium as the rating will go down, considering it's not my fault it's a bit annoying...

HOWEVER!

GOOD NEWS!

Someone walked in and has given me the details of the vehicle responsible. Nick, you're a legend and thanks for dropping by with the details.

Now to call insurance.
    That's super news.

Have noticed your bike there with another one a couple of times, sorry to hear that it was hit. Swap places with the other bike in future

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets hope the insurance company take him/her to the cleaners....and give you their address
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneville View Post
    That's super news.

Have noticed your bike there with another one a couple of times, sorry to hear that it was hit. Swap places with the other bike in future
    Other bikes not there every time but there is up to 3-4 bikes there sometimes. Have inquired into there being some bays specifically there for bikes as 5-6 people in this complex ride in, but because Coles has some parking 150m away it's not happening. I, like the others, prefer parking where it's more in sight and less likely to see high traffic (also not hidden within vehicles and trees so parts can't get nicked). Trade off this time though was this result which is unfortunate.

Looks like a courier smashed into it, ran out of the car and picked it up and drove off. Have sent the police report in as a hit and run so we will see what comes of it. Surprised though with a company car that is more recognisable that someone is willing to risk a hit and run.

The night before I was leaving work quite late and at a set of lights had some comments from a vehicle next to me (good ones) about the bike, only to have it destroyed the next day by this. One high, one low haha. Taking it to Cully's on Saturday for a quote for insurance so looking forward to having it sorted.

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a courier smashed into it, ran out of the car and picked it up and drove off. Have sent the police report in as a hit and run so we will see what comes of it. Surprised though with a company car that is more recognisable that someone is willing to risk a hit and run.
    You'd think so but more likely they think they can get away without copping shit from the boss The missus was parked at the Police Academy as she used to do bookwork for the people that ran the cafe there and came out to see this vvv

Thankfully there are CCTV cameras there and she was able to see vision and get details of the delivery truck and chase down the company who pushed the driver to come clean
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes shifted liked this post