Have been learning to ride for a few months now with a friend. Have not had any instructors lessons yet but thinking about taking the test anyway. If you have your full C class drivers license do you need to need to display L plates or where a learners jacket during the assessment? I can't see it mentioned anywhere on the transport website?
Getting a licence to ride a LAMS approved motorcycle (R-E class) licence
- You must be at least 16 years and six months of age to undertake the PDA.
- The PDA will determine your general riding ability. This may include testing your ability to:
- Balance the vehicle at low speeds by riding around a figure 'O' without putting a foot on the ground.
- Correctly park and start on a hill.
- Perform a quick stop under full control without locking either wheel.
- You must wear appropriate attire that consists of enclosed footwear, approved helmet, long trousers and long-sleeved shirt or fully-sleeved jacket. Gloves and eye protection are also highly recommended.
- For the practical riding assessment on a Trike, applicants will be required to demonstrate their ability to control the relevant trike for which the class is sought. The assessment will be in the same format as an unrestricted motorcycle assessment, with specific focus on road position. In lieu of the balance component, applicants will be required to demonstrate a parking or turning-around manoeuvre.