Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my first lesson today with CR motorcycle training.

Cody was a good bloke, very patient (despite me leaving on my indicator 80% of the turns) and got me from having ZERO experience, to cruising around the burbs within 20mins, and riding half decently by the end of two hours. Also lives in a great location (Greenwood) so the streets are quiet and theres carparks galore for practicing O turns.

Also, was good to have a lesson in the rain, very handy e-brake training and a good confidence builder, as my next lesson will be the first time ive ridden in dry conditions.

Motorbike
    Honda CB250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been training with Victor at BikeSafe up in the Joondalup area. Had my 3rd lesson yesterday (Sat 10am) and its great fun and I look forward to the lessons. Weekend lessons are great for me because my lotto numbers haven't hit yet, so I work all week. See ya next Sat Victor!

Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recomend victor at BIKESAFE if you live in the northern suburbs, joondalup area. I just got my license today I got a 100% pass on my first go. He is a great trainer he knows exactly what to expect for the test. Thanks again victor.

Motorbike
    Electric bicycle
    Liked
    28 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 6 great years working from home in Mirrabooka, I am now located and working in Maylands - City west and out about 5km..

Evan's Motorcycle Training... Maylands, City west and surrounds

Maylands bayswater basendean redcliffe belmont rivervale burswood vic park perth city west north perth yokine morley dianella mount lawley leederville

Motorbike
    2000 YZF R6
    Liked
    13 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    instructors sound really good now! when I got mine a few years ago my instructor kept getting me to stop and tell me the indicators are playing up on the bike!? I'd pull up and he'd say we have to head back and get them fixed then I'd flick them on and they'd work... then he'd go "really... well fucking use them!" haha made me piss myself laughing every time. Always hungover too and rode like a demon after I passed my test daring me to keep up with him, lane splitting through moving trafffic and everything, it was awesome!

Liked
    5 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is another Grant from Grunts for me too!! After reading through this thread...I just have to say that I also used Grant for both my RE and R class... and I wouldn't use anyone else! Grant is patient, helpful, easy to understand and a top guy all round and definitely gets my vote. I never felt rushed or stupid when riding with Grant and under his instruction if anything I felt extremely confident. Thanks for leading by example Grant, as you were and are a perfect example of what one needs to be like when riding on the road. Ride safe with Grunts :0)
    Likes Tim the PM, Kively liked this post

Motorbike
    GT250R till i make up my mind (CBR600RR or ZX6R) Might even CBR1000RR it
    Liked
    5 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John from Global motorcycle skillz

Great instructor all round good guy helps your improve your riding skills not just prepare you for the test well worth the investment and well worth the time

From been taught be a total tosser to going to such excellence is wonderful once he pushes you.

and that feeling once you ride away from the licence department with no need to be shadowed is priceless

So thanks to everyone that pointed him out and thanks to you johnny got the misses of my back haha
    Driving was cool, until riding became an option.

Motorbike
    K7 GSXR750
    Liked
    62 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Passed my R class today thanks to Mike from Learn to Lean Motorcycle Training

He recognized my weaknesses with riding and adapted my training to suit. I cant say enough good things about him. Has a couple of bikes for both R-E and R class.

If you are in Joondalup area give him a call 0419 908 223

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any female instructors around at the moment and can I have their contacts? The lady requiring lessons is close to the city.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Suzuki Bandit 1250cc
    Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Are there any female instructors around at the moment and can I have their contacts? The lady requiring lessons is close to the city.
    I used Kylie at Arrive Alive, dunno how far would travel but her number is 0432 395 797 she was awesome

Motorbike
    Honda VTR250
    Liked
    3 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kalgoorlie - Bevan Cox 0410021099. Nice bloke, just starting out instructing. BYO bike at this stage.

Motorbike
    Honda VTR250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark Schnierer (0433 122 025) next to Causeway Honda got me through my RE's & R's. Great bloke and one incredibly patient man!........
    Has his own bikes & gear you can use....
    Last edited by mccgilla; 04-03-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: correction

Motorbike
    '98 GPX250
    Liked
    45 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recommendations for an instructor South/Rockingham ? Want to get some refinement and learn a few techniques so I can sit my test. Cheers

Motorbike
    Pushie
    Liked
    992 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit further north than you are, but Johnny Green at Global Motorcycle Skills is good. Went my RE with him, going back for my Rs when I get round to it.
    Based in Kardinya, but will come to you if you've got your own bike.

Motorbike
    NONE AT PRESENT HONDA CB250 IS WHAT I WANT
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I am glad that I found this site, I have been holding on to my L's for my RE for way too long and I found all the reviews helpful to be able to choose the right person to go for a Motorcycle Lessons with, so many people have said "They would use Grunts ( Grant)", I am glad that I chose him from all the Reviews as he is funny and makes you feel like "YOU CAN DO ATTITUDE EVEN IF YOU DROP THE BIKE", I can't wait to get my own bike now.

What do people think of Honda CBF 250?
    KindRegards,

Kylee Hastie |Virtual & Secretarial Services
    |KivelyOffice Assistants Online

PO Box 882, GOSNELLS, WA 6990

Mobile: +61 0433 242 987 | Afterhours: 086189 2067| Fax: coming soon

E-mail: admin@kivelyoffice.net Web: www.kivelyoffice.net

Motorbike
    A slow and noisy cage
    Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might just post up about my experience. I went to Bob at ABK driving school, out in kewdale. I have to say, it was a shocker of a lesson.

-When I booked the lesson, I told him that I only had a helmet and gloves. He said "that's fine, we'll put you in a learner's vest." That learner's vest was literally just a cloth/velcro vest. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, maybe not. But I found it very uncomfortable to ride around in a long sleeve shirt only. The instructor himself was only wearing a flannelette shirt and jeans...
    -This was my first lesson/first time riding on the road ever. We literally had a two minute conversation about where we were going before setting off into peak hour traffic.
    -We rode continuously for an hour, the only time I got any feedback was when I directly asked for tips when we stopped at traffic lights!
    -No emergency stops, no theory, no maneuvering, no techniques, no carparks, none of that. Just throw some new kid on a scorpio and drive around in peak hour for a while and call it a lesson.
    -Instructor actually sped several times, plus approached roundabouts and blind turns at alarming rates speed that I wouldn't even do in a cage...

What a waste of sixty bucks. I don't like to trash talk people, but that really was a bad experience. I'm lucky I didn't fall off and get smeared by a rav4. I've just finished a bout of HR lessons with an actual good instructor, and the difference between instructors is night and day. Having read through this thread, I'm going to book some lessons with global motorcycles
    Likes Tommynthat liked this post

Motorbike
    Pushie
    Liked
    992 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're in Booragoon, Johnny Green at Global Motorcycle Skills is in Kardinya. Took me and a few others on here. $200 for a 2 hour minimum lesson. All gear (including a jacket) is included. Starts off with a free 1hr intro lesson to introduce you to the controls etc.

Global Motorcycle Skills :: Home

Motorbike
    BN600
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to thank Victor from BIKESAFE in Joondalup / Hillaries for getting me through my R-E today.
    He knows exactly what the Joondalup testers want to see, and can take you to the exact spots they take you on the tests.
    I had a practice run with him before the test today and the O-turns and E-stop for my test were in the exact spot we practiced.
    Lots of knowledge + good bikes + good communication = test passed.

Motorbike
    GSX650F - TU250X x 2 - CK125 x 2 - GS500 Slingshot - CF Moto 150
    Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the big question is, did he teach you how to ride and stay safe on the road or did he teach you to pass the assessment?
    Quote Originally Posted by syphear View Post
    I would like to thank Victor from BIKESAFE in Joondalup / Hillaries for getting me through my R-E today.
    He knows exactly what the Joondalup testers want to see, and can take you to the exact spots they take you on the tests.
    I had a practice run with him before the test today and the O-turns and E-stop for my test were in the exact spot we practiced.
    Lots of knowledge + good bikes + good communication = test passed.
    Your are only young once but can stay immature forever!
    Likes Rorschach, dubz liked this post

Motorbike
    Pushie
    Liked
    992 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like he taught you to pass a test
    Likes SIKPUPY, Cbr1k liked this post