304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Mothers Day

you mumz.

I have some symbolism..my Mum is in the ground somewhere.. so today I transplant my Tomato seedlings....move them to a sheltered sunny spot..she would like that.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes CbrRider81, Thomas Peel, Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    GTIL: After almost a decade in the wilderness, I am feeling more whole/purposeful than I have done in a long time. Itís taken me a long time to get to this point in my life; in fact most of my 30s. Iím no longer wanting to merely exist, hermitting at home; avoiding everything.

A life changing event occurred to transpire this change; if you donít grow from such an event then you didnít learn, or werenít ready to make the changes.

I lost myself for a while Ė the person I (always) was is coming back to the forefront. My sense of humour is coming back, my care factor and tolerance is coming back, my social anxiety is no more (in fact I can feel anxious if I *donít* have plans to do something), the fears (and associated excuses) I had are no more. Even going to work isnít as trying as my mindset has changed. I am thinking more deeply and have more to say (this is a fantastic feeling). I have had the opportunity to bury some long standing hurts from deep in my past and know that they no longer influence my present. All of these things combine to make me feel whole again. Thereís just so much stuff I now understand; some of it regretfully too late with respect to said life changing event, but itís always better late than never. Some of these changes didn't even involve making a conscious effort - it all just flowed after I fought the social anxiety issue.

I also had the realisation I am 40 next year Ė thatís never bothered me before. Perhaps because I was merely existing with no real purpose. Now, I am feeling ready for the next phase of my life
    So, further to above:

Life is about experiences and sharing it with good people. I have, in the last month, gone to a friendís henís night and wedding, and yesterday went to my school friendís kids 1st birthday and itís been great to share these special moments with people Iím lucky enough to call friends. A year ago I wouldnít have dreamed of going to a 1 year oldís birthday because ankle biters, and my social anxiety was fairly crippling. The wedding previous to the one I just went to was actually the same school mate's wedding - and the anxiety I had about going to that was incredible and I so didn't want to go. Fast forward to this wedding and I loved it - I enjoyed frocking up and was pleased to see some people I hadn't seen for a while.

Anyway, my school mate who is over from over east, invited me to a party Ė I thought it was just a random party so wasnít going to go but it was actually his kidís 1st birthday party - when I found out it was for his kid my response was ďof course Iíll be thereĒ. I rolled up and saw that my other school mateís car wasnít there Ė I started planning my escape based on how long I should politely stay. But I had a great time. Another school mate was there and a couple who I vaguely knew Ė but neither of whom Iíd seen for more than 15-20 years (yes, I'm old). I had dug myself into a hole socially but have been digging myself out and I ended up having a great time Ė the conversation was stimulating and relatable Ė it wasnít just meaningless small talk which I avoid like the plague. I'm never going to be an extroverted socialite - I will always relish close gatherings where numbers are smaller rather than larger; I am really finding value in friendships again and rebuilding my life after a tough decade or so. Thereís still a void I didnít know was there until recently Ė that wonít be filled by friendships alone - but Iím on the right path. My confidence has grown and feel I have something worthwhile and of value to say again

Motorbike
    Ninja
    Liked
    466 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to reap the rewards of my uber healthy lifestyle today when I caught up with a friend that I hadnít seen for almost six months 🙂

She almost died of shock at the almost 20kg lighter, clear skinned, energised me 😂

Feeling great is even better when someone tells you that you look great, too 👍
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.
    Likes Thomas Peel, Mr Bean, Water pig, Graelin, INTJ and 1 others liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GTIL keep coming... the biggest clusterfuck of a colleague that I've ever had the displeasure of working with, is leaving (I'm sure she's been given the arse rather than it being of her choosing). She is the most disorganised, disrespectful, demanding, woeful Client and staff manager I've worked with. Her workload is dictated by which Client jumps up and down the most because she's forgotten to do something she promised them, it's now well overdue and she promises it that day and handballs it to someone else who's expected to drop everything to deal with it (and even once it's done, she forgets to send it). She's one of these people who has gotten to where she is by being a handballer and schmoozer (it's sickening to listen to as you know there's no sincerity) ...or she has dirt on someone.

Whenever she walks past my desk I feel on edge as she invariably wants something and according to her, there is simply nothing more important than what she needs doing. She has been asked by a Client for 6 months for a resolution on something and she has never delivered. She has just never gotten back to the Client about it - to the point I try and get the answer/result for the Client and report back, instead she says she'll speak to her - which she never does, and has dodged phone calls about it. Quite simply, if I was as neglectful and incompetent at my job as she is, I'd have gotten the sack long ago.

I look forward to the office being a lot more relaxed
    Last edited by Kristy; 03-06-2018 at 11:59 AM.
    Likes Thomas Peel, QUACKA, Gim, Stephan, Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect candidate for a political career ^^^^^^^^^

Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QUACKA View Post
    Perfect candidate for a political career ^^^^^^^^^
    She might need to embellish her resume a bit first, that's now required
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/
    Likes QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know of a guy who tries fairly hard to block out office and officious politics,yet due to his nature of being born to serve and sees nothing wrong with trying to help is usually misunderstood and at worst scorned.
    The environment at the moment is one of change.
    New management again.... consolidation of resources....blah blah
    The only people who are any good at their jobs are leaving .......
    There is a push for improving productivity and doing longer hours....only for the fitters though...it is always their fault.
    I hope he gets through it ..OK I can see what is going on...
    GTIL..it's a long weekend....
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfridge View Post
    She might need to embellish her resume a bit first, that's now required
    Embellishment is what she does best. Apparently, according to some tenders she's written, we've got all sorts of systems at work we don't actually have...
    Re: the Pollie call - she did say she was "embarking on new challenges" - though that's usually code for "i don't know what the fuck I'm going to be doing"

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap weather for my week home, so rolled everything in the household collection through the shed for servicing, all the bikes got some love, my ute and wife/daughters cars as well.

Can forget about that shit for a while......
    Likes Phildo, Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    suzuki gsx-r 750
    Liked
    24 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GTIL - Wife has finally had a hip replacement after 3 years of waiting ,including a liver resection and 2 years of the golden juice ala chemo !
    Hopeful this will improve her quality of life a bucketload !😀😀
    Likes Para045, Graelin, Mr Bean liked this post

User is on Probation
    Motorbike
    Gsx750f, 1980 gs1000s st race bike.
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salt-rider View Post
    GTIL - Wife has finally had a hip replacement after 3 years of waiting ,including a liver resection and 2 years of the golden juice ala chemo !
    Hopeful this will improve her quality of life a bucketload !😀😀
    My wife is an rn she looks after lots of people after these operations as a community nurse i hope your wifes condition improves a lot.
    Mate stick to the facts not a fantasy.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i rode today... first time since the great oil leak debacle of a few weeks back.

it's the little things like the feeling of freedom and the fuck you traffic that make the stumbling around in the dark looking for all your gear at 6am all worth it
    Hoonaholics Garage

"Itís not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."
    Likes CbrRider81, Gim liked this post

The wretched hive of scum and villainy that is my office.
    Motorbike
    Nothing as yet, soon as I get a license and bike I will let you know
    Liked
    299 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the word that Iím being transferred to a Alcoa Kwinana, itís longer hours and a little further to get to work but WAY more pay so it balances out.

Missus Venkman is progressing nicely with her PLT and will be doing college of law shortly through ANU

Venkman Junior loving Auskick, kicked his first goal last weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.
    Likes Thomas Peel, Barfridge, mekon, Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wifey wins a trip [ for 3 days! ] to London, well we've padded it out to 5 weeks, London/Paris/Copenhagen/Stockholm and back to London, catching up with mates from 25 years ago, should be awesome.

Slightly strange, some [many] budget carrier flights around it cost more to put baggage in the hold [ example 100 Euros on one flight ] than the flight itself [ 30 Euro ]. Go figure....
    Likes Thomas Peel, Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Venkman View Post
    Venkman Junior loving Auskick, kicked his first goal last weekend
    My young fella did 3yrs of soccer then 3 Aussie Rules and now back on his 3rd year of soccer again, just finished a referees course a few weeks ago and refed his 1st game on Saturday morning
    Was an U14's girls Cup match, all went well he had a ball and got compliments on his refereeing ability from many of the parents
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Dr. Venkman, QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so today my oldest daughter at 11 went out on her first solo trip to the park with friends

got a bit teary eyed
    Hoonaholics Garage

"Itís not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."
    Likes Wahoo, Thomas Peel, Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    so today my oldest daughter at 11 went out on her first solo trip to the park with friends

got a bit teary eyed
    ... things I can look forward to.

I can imagine my wife will be following our daughter, peeking through shrubs to catch a glimpse the whole time there and back. She'd probably have '00' dialed on her phone, ready to press the other '0'.
    Last edited by BlackFZR; 06-07-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A small thing, but unexpected and satisfying after the fact.

After the usual warm-up and drills at the fencing club my son came over and said "Hey, Dad, that guy over there is an Olympic sabre fencer from the US!"

Next minute, he's on the piste fencing with the guy, and pretty much everyone from the club is lining up as he is fencing and giving tips to everyone. I fenced with him as well (completely mindful he is going at about 1/10th capacity and speed), got a hearty slap on the back, and the advice "When I do this (raises his blade for a high parry)... feint and cut! Feint and CUT!"

The cool thing was how he was just there (kinda just turned up) with no fanfare or hype, and people getting to fence and get some instruction from an Olympic level athlete.

Certainly stoked my boy's enthusiasm for the sport at this early stage
    Likes Stephan, Water pig liked this post

Motorbike
    Cbr 500r, crf 250r, Daytona 675
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camping with my youngest boy just me and him (10 years old) sitting at a small fire in the local bush talking about life as he sees it. Pure joy

Edit
    All my shit thinking is worthless after hearing this. I hope I can harness this positivity
    Likes GsxInShed, Skut, Geeman, QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crossposting this into here, but on the weekend I eloped with Ms boeman to get married the way we wanted to do it.

Big property on acreage, dogs running around, small ceremony and a photographer, followed by some chefs coming to the house and putting on a 12 course degustation that my best man matched wines to. Fantastic and enjoyable. All we had to do was show up and enjoy ourselves for a few days.