2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So driving home I see a doggo legging it in the storm. Had had a pretty shit day and thought I don't want to deal with doggo but I wouldn't feel right if I ignored an animal in need so had try to get hold of doggo. Friendly doggo was friendly so walked her home.

Saw a guy gardening and he said the dog had been running up and down the street for a while - this is the sort of shit that makes me angry. This dog has wandered about 5 km from home - given the weather you knew it had panicked with the storm, and no one had stopped to help. Patsie wasn't timid and had no issue with me leading her back to my house so clearly no one else had tried. I remember rescuing a cat on the side of Rockingham Rd, someone said they went past the cat an hour earlier - not one person had stopped in the space of an hour to help a cat that definitely wasn't chilling by the side of a busy road. Anyway, this isn't a rant, it's a GTIL cos doggo got home safely
    Last edited by Kristy; 09-10-2018 at 08:20 PM.
    Likes Crobbo, nos, Mr Bean, Mika79, Commander Keen and 3 others liked this post

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some people just don't relate to animals.

my house was broken into and one of my dogs did a runner - I came home from nightshift to an open gate and one smart dog and one missing.

I drove around and around in a panic and I found another dog chained to a street sign abandoned, I picked him up and went home and called the Ranger to get him, told the ranger about my missing dog when he came and I got a call to say mine was at the pound and had been there since 2300 the night before

the abandoned dog had escaped his new home (first night in the house) and someone had tied him up to stop him running around (we assumed)

its a good day when you can help an animal in need!

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post

my house was broken into and one of my dogs did a runner - I came home from nightshift to an open gate and one smart dog and one missing.

I drove around and around in a panic and I found another dog chained to a street sign abandoned, I picked him up and went home and called the Ranger to get him, told the ranger about my missing dog when he came and I got a call to say mine was at the pound and had been there since 2300 the night before

the abandoned dog had escaped his new home (first night in the house) and someone had tied him up to stop him running around (we assumed)

its a good day when you can help an animal in need!
    'tis indeed though it'd be better if they didn't need help in the first place. I'm not really a dog person but will help any animal in need - had been slightly put off helping dogs when I was tracking one for over an hour once - it wouldn't let me near it. Eventually puppo seemed to enter familiar territory and a lady was out the front - I said do you own this dog and she was like "yeah silly thing gets out all the time". Garr, ensure your dog can't get out and don't waste my time.

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I have the phone number of a lady who owns Jack - the escape artist from across the park, I've called her many times to come pick up jack - Secure your fucking yard ffs!

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    I relate far better to animals than people.

If I ever win the lotto, I will be volunteering for the rest of my days at the local shelter.
    Likes Mika79, Commander Keen, nos liked this post

Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What breed is the doggo? Looks to be part jack-russell but can't make out the other part?
    Regrets
    I've had a few
    But then again
    Sit down, this is going to take a while.

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    What breed is the doggo? Looks to be part jack-russell but can't make out the other part?
    I don't really know doggos but I was sure blue heeler. My friend though blue heeler/corgi cross but she wasn't really small - the photo makes her look smaller than she is. Was a gorgeous doggo tho and I was so pleased she didn't run away. Made my job easy.

Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It resembles ours which is a jack-russell / corgi cross. So maybe the corgi part is the part I recognised. Can definitely see blue heeler now you mention it.
    Regrets
    I've had a few
    But then again
    Sit down, this is going to take a while.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great thing you did Kristy.

Thunder phobia in dogs is a real issue. I went to a Uni Vet animal behaviour seminar on this and bought a Thunder Storm relaxation CD from the Animal Behaviourist.

If you play the CD loud and the dog reacts it is a good indicator it will work. If it has no effect it won't work. Then reduce volume so the dog does not react then each day increase the volume slightly. I have given the CD to a couple of people and they have told me that the reaction of the dog was reduced.

I must go and search for the CD as our dog is not happy with the thunder.

I find animal behaviour is an amazing subject.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that embedded smell on the clothes, the ultimate man musk. the essence of freedom and originality... 2-Stroke.
    "Itís not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."