hydrogen-powered foozeball table
    Liked
    12 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon the eBay founders can afford to build a new empire out of the money ive been pumping through there lately Ive been keeping busy buying parts i need and some I dont (silly spur of the minute things that hopefully pay off).

Some of the new additions to the shed include a new tank. I got quotes for ~$900 to fix and spray the current damaged one so i decided to buy a mint one for $260 and get that sprayed. This meant id have TWO tanks for less than the price of getting one fixed! Deal! I still havent decided on a paint scheme but i dont really have to worry about that until next year when i a) save up some money b) stop changing my mind haha Its a hard decision and I cant stuff it up cos this paint is gonna stick around for a long time!

I ended up getting a new tail section and lower cowl cos the ones that came with the Ninja were pretty fucked and i didnt want this bike to be mutton dressed as lamb. Im trying to avoid the poverty-stricken look of a stunt bike haha

The rim has arrived and is straight as an arrow (PHEW!). I fitted the Gilles rearsets and am pretty happy with their look. The german instructions were pretty shite and the accompanying pics were woeful but i got em fitted after 2 hours of messing around.

A BIG thanks goes out to Robwas for letting me grab some much-needed parts for a steal! I FINALLY found a mint battery tray on eBay after looking 5 times/day for 6 weeks. And wouldnt you know it, as soon as i buy it, another 2 show up within the following day...when it rains it pours!

Im still waiting on a few small things to arrive so i can build her up and get her over the pits but its coming together nicely I bought a headlight mask, fat bar conversion kit and a bellypan which all cost a small fortune but my reasoning is that you only live once and why buy something you dont really want just cos its cheaper?

Here are a few pics of bling and her current condition hopefully it'll be a matter of weeks before i get her rego'd

Damo

Motorbike
    Honda
    Liked
    49 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This I gonna be cool. Slightly off topic, but would you know how big the dents would have to be before they fail it? Any experience in this area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros
    How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Motorbike
    A fast one.
    Liked
    3461 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool.

and that wheel is the sex, will look great on a fighter, nice and sharp. my only question there. have you got a front to match?
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Motorbike
    Liked
    12 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggles: ive been yellow stickered because of my old stunt-tank. The cop claimed that a dent that big meant it was not a "pressurized vessel" anymore......idiot haha it didnt have any holes-just a big ass dent. I swear half the cops on the beat don't know the laws they're employed to enforce lol

96: I'm kinda hoping that the existing front matches the new rim. We'll see...
    Damo

Motorbike
    Honda
    Liked
    49 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww rats. Well we'll see how my dented-as-shit tank goes at the pits.

Of course, suddenly I'm not hopeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros
    How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

CrotchRocket
    a little off topic, how much was the bike at auction? i'm looking to start a similar project.

Motorbike
    Liked
    12 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning everyone! I thought id pop by and give yaíll an update on how much progress has been made on the Ninja. The answer is quite a bit! Getting the bike ready for initial inspection has been fun and as expected involved a few delays. One of which involved me losing the 5 bolts required to connect the fuel pump to the fuel tank. After waiting 3 weeks for the bolts to come from Japan, I found the original 5 bolts sitting in the pocket of my overalls where id forgotten about them lol never mind

Batteries are also EXTREMELY hard to come by at the moment. Apparently some Chinese people have been dying cos of the lead in the production process so the authorities have closed 80% of the factories. I ended up driving to Rockingham to buy one after waiting 3 weeks for the Vic Park shops to get one in.

The good thing is that im not in a terrible rush to get this project finished. Iím just taking my time and not doing a half-assed job by rushing. The fact that I donít have any more money to spend on bling is also a limiting factor on the road to completion Stupid xmasÖmaking me waste my money on family members & work colleagues I donít even like!

Back to the bikeÖI started it for the first time on the weekend AND IT DIDNíT EXPLODE!! Yaay! After taking it for a ride I noticed three things wrong: the FI light was blinking, there was a small oil leak and the front brakes are SHITHOUSE even after bleeding. I fixed the first two last night but after researching the issue, the Tokico ZX10 calipers are poo and everyone in their right mind replaces them with the Nissin ZX14 ones. This eliminates the massive amount of freeplay in the lever (two-thirds of the leverís travel in my case) before the brakes bite.

Paint schemes are still being deliberated but at least ive decided on the colours (blue and white).

Next step: INSPECTION!

Last edited by DRKSIDE; 15-12-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Damo

Motorbike
    Liked
    12 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note to all ZX10 owners: if your FI light is blinking and you wanna know why without paying a dealer to tell you…you can bring up the fault finder on your speedo by pressing the menu button until your odometer shows up then hold down the other button until the odometer changes to a 2-digit number. Compare that no. to this list:
    Service Code Problems
    Throttle sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Inlet Air Pressure sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Inlet air temperature sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Water temperature sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Atmospheric pressure sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Crankshaft sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Camshaft position sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Speed sensor malfunction
    Gear position switch malfunction, wiring open or short
    Vehicle-down sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Subthrottle sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Oxygen sensor #1 inactivation, wiring open or short (Europe Models)
    Exhaust butterfly valve sensor malfunction, wiring open or short
    Immobilizer amplifier malfunction
    Blank key detection
    Fuel pump relay malfunction, relay is stuck
    Stick (Ignition) coil #1 malfunction, wiring open or short
    Stick (Ignition) coil #2 malfunction, wiring open or short
    Stick (Ignition) coil #3 malfunction, wiring open or short
    Stick (Ignition) coil #4 malfunction, wiring open or short
    Subthrottle valve actuator malfunction, wiring open or short
    Exhaust butterfly valve actuator malfunction, wiring open or short
    Oxygen sensor heaters (#1 and/or #2) malfunction, wiring open or short (Europe
    Models)
    ECU main relay malfunction, relay is stuck
    Oxygen sensor #2 inactivation, wiring open or short (Europe Models)
    Notes:

The ECU may be involved in these problems. If all the parts and circuits checked out good, be sure
    to check the ECU for ground and power supply. If the ground and power supply are checked good,
    replace the ECU.

When no service code is displayed, the electrical parts of the DFI system has no fault, and the
    mechanical parts of the DFI system and the engine are suspect.
    Damo
    Likes I Like ( . Y . ) liked this post

Motorbike
    A fast one.
    Liked
    3461 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Olololol.

I'm yet to see a zx10 with working brakes...
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

cowgirlz+barfie gone, now its just me sadly looking out my window
    Motorbike
    mine
    Liked
    526 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n James086 View Post

I also have these cheap levers from ebay (just linked the clutch). They have a good range of adjustment and the quality is better than I expected for $30 each.
    CNC Clutch Lever Kawasaki ZX10R 06-09 PC113 | eBayJust a mini review of a couple of products for that year bike.
    eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
    i got a set of these levers for my r6, for $60 a set they are great value, and do all the things that a brake and clutch lever should do. only prob is i didnt get the colours i wanted, ended up with black lever and adjuster, so their ordering system may be lacking a little. or i may not be able to communicate very well.

and like a few others, i'd love to know how much you picked the bike up for? and how did i not notice this thread before?
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Motorbike
    Liked
    12 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief wiggum View Post
    how did i not notice this thread before?
    Probably because I don't make a post every time something minor happens haha I think readers may get tired of updates like "yaay got some windscreen bolts today!"
    Damo

Motorbike
    My wife's Triumph
    Liked
    198 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRKSIDE View Post
    "yaay got some windscreen bolts today!"
    but it's a street fighter project

Motorbike
    Liked
    12 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afternoon everyone! All is quiet on the western front but there has been a small amount of progress made over the silly season. It doesnt help that xmas time = poverty time when you have a shitload of ungrateful rellies to buy presents for. It wouldnt be a real xmas without someone giving me a bottle of cheap aftershave that smells like Glen 20 and a tie fished out of a Good Sammy's bin. Never mind, its the thought that counts right? haha

Since last post i have fixed the oil leak (twas a hairline fracture in the undamaged starter cover...dunno how the previous owner managed that) and ive purchased some replacement front calipers that will hopefully sort out the braking issue. Im waiting on a whole bunch of gear to arrive from streetfightersinc.com (incl braided lines) so im yet to actually fix the brakes. After much deliberation, i have also bought a stock exhaust. I am insulted at how much Australian wreckers think we will pay for items such as these. I totally understand that they have overheads like rent etc, but it is simply not reasonable to want $350 (that was the lowest price offered from my findapart request) for pipes when I can buy AND ship them from America for $160. I am surprised how Australian business' can continue to operate like this without even attempting to barter. It is a buyers market after all.

I have been screwing around on mspaint and came up with this paint scheme.

Its not lightning...its the body of a dragon which i have based on this drawing:

I have thought of two options for the paint scheme:
    1) blue bike, white dragon stencilled over it like the picture (a simple white on blue combination that is mirrored over both sides of the bike)
    2) blue bike, opposing dragons that are facing each other off (their heads will meet at the centre of the tank). One white and one grey(?) dragon

Option 2 sounds great but it will require the dragons to be airbrushed. Having 2 opposing dragons that aren't airbrushed (ie-solid white and solid grey colours) will look tacky IMO when they face-off in the middle of the tank. Although airbrushing is a far more expensive option, it will look shit hot! Im not short on time so at least I can have a really good think about this and decide whether I can justify spending so much on paint...
    Damo

Motorbike
    TBA
    Liked
    14 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like option 2, have you thought about maybe a different dragon for each side of the bike? Kinda Good vs Evil standoff, meeting in the center of the tank?

Would be very unique.

Motorbike
    Liked
    12 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vosy View Post
    Good vs Evil standoff
    That's a good idea! now I need to find an evil dragon. I'm scared to think about how much this will cost...
    Damo

Motorbike
    2008 CBR600RR 'Hanspree' 2002 CBR600F4i 'Trackie'
    Liked
    101 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good idea! now I need to find an evil dragon. I'm scared to think about how much this will cost...
    whats your spraying skills like?, you could get a stencil cut up and DIY ?
    Master of the missed signals

Motorbike
    Liked
    12 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenty View Post
    whats your spraying skills like?, you could get a stencil cut up and DIY ?
    Hell no My painting skills are abysmal. I panted my old stunt bike using a few rattlecans-I don't want this bike to look cheap n nasty!
    Damo

Motorbike
    A Car
    Liked
    433 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey DrkSide i'm pretty sure i still have my stock rear flush indicators in clear sitting in my tool box, i'll have a look and if i do you can have them if you want spares.
    I think about sex every tits seconds.

Motorbike
    2008 CBR600RR 'Hanspree' 2002 CBR600F4i 'Trackie'
    Liked
    101 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell no My painting skills are abysmal. I panted my old stunt bike using a few rattlecans-I don't want this bike to look cheap n nasty!
    well then the usual go to guy, go to potato
    Master of the missed signals

Liked
    349 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be interested to see how you go with mounting the S/S swing arm.
    Going to do a fighter project later this year and really want one on an FZ1n. I found that exact same headlight a few months back on this fighter which is my inspiration of sorts....