Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what ive read they don't last that long.
    RiDe F@sT.. HaVe F).. PlAy Ld

Motorbike
    1199S
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run SP V2 rear (changed at 11500kms - now has nearly 20000 and still plenty of tread) front SP was worn out completely at 7000 when I fitted an ex track SC1 as it was cold winter mornings and SP just didn't heat up or give any feedback, put a new SC2 on at around 15500 but this is wearing quite quickly now with the warmer weather.
    SP's don't grip too well in the wet but the SC's are worse so the front is quite twitchy. I think I'll go either the new Michelins or Dunlop GP's next time to try them out. Pirelli's are expensive but I get good mileage so I think its fair enough. I looked at Bridgestones (RS10) but everyone of them seemed very squared off in the rear at next to no kays

Motorbike
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would that be Michelin Power RS you would consider or go 190/55 and pilot power 3???

Motorbike
    Ducati 1199 Panigale; Suzuki GSXR750 SRAD
    Liked
    330 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tyre of choice is the Diablo Corsa SP and I've certainly been through a few! I disagree with Ross above though
    in that I think they are great in the wet. Tyres can very subjective though so you might agree with Ross. But in my 4+
    years on the Panigale in all weather the Corsa's are the best. Combined with some modest traction control I have never
    ridden a bike that can launch harder in the pouring rain! It appears to drain enough water away as well as tested on winter
    weekends down south.
    For no other reason other than a change I went to Michelin Power Cup last year. It has the same amount of grooves as the
    Corsa but in a more extreme pattern (small length slits rather than long lightening bolts). It's a dual compound and it resists
    squaring off marginally better than the Pirelli, however, it's not as good on the street (in my opinion) so I'm looking forward to
    getting the Pirelli back on the rear. When I say not as good, I mean a subtle difference in my perception of grip in the cold and wet.
    It's still a good tyre but perhaps I'm just used the Pirelli - I am a creature of habit - or perhaps it's the harder compound running in
    the middle.
    With tyres you've got be like Ross and just try a few different ones!
    Spiral out, keep going...

Motorbike
    1199S
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Would that be Michelin Power RS you would consider or go 190/55 and pilot power 3???
    It would be the RS, I'll probably see what's on the best offer at the time and it'll depend on if both tyres are gone around the same time. Seems to be the front wears put quicker so every time I've gone to change in the past I have plenty left on one or the other
    Likes Halo_2 liked this post

Motorbike
    1199S
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    My tyre of choice is the Diablo Corsa SP and I've certainly been through a few! I disagree with Ross above though
    in that I think they are great in the wet. Tyres can very subjective though so you might agree with Ross. But in my 4+
    years on the Panigale in all weather the Corsa's are the best. Combined with some modest traction control I have never
    ridden a bike that can launch harder in the pouring rain! It appears to drain enough water away as well as tested on winter
    weekends down south.
    For no other reason other than a change I went to Michelin Power Cup last year. It has the same amount of grooves as the
    Corsa but in a more extreme pattern (small length slits rather than long lightening bolts). It's a dual compound and it resists
    squaring off marginally better than the Pirelli, however, it's not as good on the street (in my opinion) so I'm looking forward to
    getting the Pirelli back on the rear. When I say not as good, I mean a subtle difference in my perception of grip in the cold and wet.
    It's still a good tyre but perhaps I'm just used the Pirelli - I am a creature of habit - or perhaps it's the harder compound running in
    the middle.
    With tyres you've got be like Ross and just try a few different ones!
    When I say they're not the best in the wet it probably needs qualifying with for a superbike tire & the SP is vastly better than an SC, silica content? But if it was purely for wet weather then I'd go with something like a Q3 which is far superior but not a patch in the dry. I find the rear manageable enough in the wet but getting the traction control right is the key for pulling away for me, in full TC then you just get shut down with the flashing orange light but a little less and the rear steps out a lot.

Motorbike
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up going rosso 3 but have yet to take the bike out thermostat housing pissing out coolant

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Ended up going rosso 3 but have yet to take the bike out thermostat housing pissing out coolant
    Ducati. making mechanics.. etc etc

Oh Come ON!! You knew SOMEONE was going to throw it out there!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo
    cuntoxly

Motorbike
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me about it they wanted $350 to replace and it's a known part that fails due to being made out of plastic another known is the water pump seals and plastic gears inside.

I would rather do it myself anyway
    Last edited by Halo_2; 17-03-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Motorbike
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where to get a 1199 chain adjustment tool, bought a stainless steel one from eBay uk but never arrived.

Motorbike
    www.jbperformance.com.au
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    QBE but my premiums are certainly nowhere near $2,000. Are you young or do you live in a postcode where there are lots of Commodores?
    I'm screwed, I live on Commodore Ave!!!!

Motorbike
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone with a 1299 there will be a paid ecu update available so you'll have to same electronics options as anniversario.