Thread: Moderation

Liked
    681 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    geez people, let it go. it was a joke, it was only there for an hour before we editted it out.
    move on.
    Likes marras liked this post

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brougham View Post
    geez people, let it go. it was a joke, it was only there for an hour before we banned him anyway.
    move on.
    yes/no???
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .
    Likes B0RDEX liked this post

Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't directed at any one person, it's only in response to opinion I've seen expressed many times.

PSB is a social structure, creating a name and a password doesn't entitle you to equal say. If I'm out with a group of my long term friends and some bloke walks up to try and start something with one of us, do you think I'd be saying to my friends "hey guys, it's okay because he's a person too and his opinion is valid"? Fuck no. And if I want to call one of my mates a princess because he's being soft, I will. If some random wants to have a go at me for calling him names I'd expect all of my group to tell him where to go, then address me privately later on if they didn't agree with my actions.

There are other forums created by people who couldn't fit in to PSB. They're boring, safe forums, I visited and left quickly because they were too touchy-feely and contrived. I like a place where people can say "cunt" in a way that's not abusive and get away with it.

Deleting the thread for sick jokes was a 2012 decision, not the only PC step I saw implemented. Don't let PSB become a homogenous product for all to safely enjoy.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    A browcablade
    Liked
    1474 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Back to the way it was"

Pretty sure that time had a cathartic posting and expulsion thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.
    Likes Sarbear, shan, Tim the PM, Shady7/8, Fergie90 liked this post

Motorbike
    YZFR1
    Liked
    817 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FFS.....

shuts door...

walks away....

Finds some really cool stuff in other parts of the PSB forum...
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"
    Likes Nine, Aufitt, Fastgirl liked this post

Motorbike
    pink r1200gs
    Liked
    299 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, can I be a mod now? I barely enjoy riding, I'm pretty old, and heaps cynical. Most of the time I can't even be bothered picking on people anymore. I'm pretty much perfect for it.

Liked
    2891 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenG View Post
    You don't watch a lot of professional sports, do you? :p
    Soccer isn't a professional sport.
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Motorbike
    '06 10R+mods
    Liked
    4 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    "Back to the way it was"

Pretty sure that time had a cathartic posting and expulsion thread.
    The day they remove the 'Pics of PSB members partners with impressive racks' will be the day I opt out

Motorbike
    Hyosung 250 Race Replica
    Liked
    3983 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly_ View Post
    The day they remove the 'Pics of PSB members partners with impressive racks' will be the day I opt out
    Yeah, god forbid you have to search the internet for comparably better material. That'd be impossible.

Well done on earmarking yourself as the guy who's highlight of a party is creepily over hugging everyone's girlfriend.
    Likes B0RDEX, Huggy, =Maz=, Desmo, darkfibre and 7 others liked this post

Motorbike
    '06 10R+mods
    Liked
    4 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxo View Post
    Yeah, god forbid you have to search the internet for comparably better material. That'd be impossible.

Well done on earmarking yourself as the guy who's highlight of a party is creepily over hugging everyone's girlfriend.
    God.

5char

Liked
    113 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the forum is to be self moderating, how about mods only infracting on minor infringements if members give a post a certain number of "REPORTS". The button is there. Just let people use it.

With the number of members here, I'm sure if enough find a post improper or thread getting out of hand, then enough will report it, if they know that say 10 reports on a 100 post thread gets a 24hr ban.....

Obviously blatant & major infringement should get the proper treatment.
    JP

Jason Hodges

Liked
    796 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Maxo View Post
    Pffft. Sif he's the only guy here who fits thay description. Hell, I embrace it.
    Likes Magilla, Maxo, pauly_ liked this post

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo View Post
    Pffft. Sif he's the only guy here who fits thay description. Hell, I embrace it.
    That was quite humorous.

Liked
    6583 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said I was going to stay out of this thread for various and probably obvious reasons but, once a post whore, always a post whore, right?
    Loud has nailed it in his post.
    This is my seventh year on this forum and although not there from the start, it was still a small forum and I knew pretty much everyone.
    Do I expect the leniency to tell a dickhead to fuck off when he's being a douche? Of course I do and I also expect him to get an infringement when he retaliates, because he's acting like a douche.
    The thing is, from what I have noticed is that the people who dislike me are generally the fucking idiots and as I've said in previous posts, the people who never seem to have issue with me are the people I respect a huge deal.
    If they want PSB to be back where it was, let people call a spade a fucking spade and moderate the content, intent and manner of the post, not the person. If someone is truly being a cock (my last seven day ban thread, for example), penalize the guy in the wrong, not the guy(s) telling them.
    Do I expect special treatment? Fuck yes I do.
    Why should I have to have a 24 hour holiday instead of a proper yellow sticker? I know when I cross the line, I push it and I used to get a couple of points, a laugh was had about it and everything carried on knowing where they had put their toe over the line. Now, I get my account taken away from me for a period of time straight away?
    Is anyone else drawing a parallel?
    If you want PSB to be "like it was" then do something creative with the moderation instead of just putting your boot down on everything and handing out instant fines. If you want a heavily moderated forum, keep going the way you're going.

Oh, and keeping with the theme of this post, agrid, dude, we get it.
    You had three really shitty moderating decisions against you and I totally understand your pain but I swear I've heard you whinge about it more than three times now, everyone knows and sympathises but it's not going to change those moderating decisions. It's enough, time to shut up about it and stop acting like a Republican with a bill of fucking rights.

Much love,

Jim
    Likes agrid, bibendum, Mr DJ, Paraletic liked this post

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, moderate the content, intent and manner of the post, not the person. Similarly people who reply to a post should address the the content, intent and manner of the post, not the person.

I wonder how many people you drove away from the forum by assuming, and telling them, they were idiots. I'm pretty sure you assumed I was an idiot when I first starting posting. I just hung around because I'm stubborn and refuse to be bullied. Later I worked out you're an ok guy and removed you from my burgeoning ignore list. Many still languish there.
    -
    Likes Para045, marras, fredie liked this post

Motorbike
    XDiavel - Low Rider S - F3800 - RC390 - M659 - CBR250R - VRod
    Liked
    1391 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Desmo

I used to think you were a mean,self rightious, tea drinking, anal bleaching, cock sucker with a chip on his shoulder!

Till you posted somthing useful in one of my threads, then I kinda knew I was somewhat okay in your books? And i get your humor now so nothing you could say would ever offend me, some peeps just have to be on here long enough to learn or understand this, thats the catch, you blast a noob they dont come back,

Not everyone is as tough as us mentaly? there are lots of soft cocks out there,

Anyway long story short I piss myself at your posts and you provide some entertainment.

And thanks for all your helpful advice

Love

RR

Btw this counts as your valentines card so get fucked if your expecting anything else

Motorbike
    Harley Davidson FXSB, Ducati 916S, Piaggio MP3 250
    Liked
    5055 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've moderated myself since day one i came from a forum and chatroom background where fights and abuse were commonplace, CAPSLOCK @ 20 PACES, it was obvious that this forum was more about camaraderie and kinship of like minded individuals, i still take quite a few jabs but a lot of the intended victims miss them altogether and most have seen me post enough helpful stuff to take it as playful stirring, which is the general intent, you can call someone an idiot without being abusive and if they really are they won't get it.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Motorbike
    XDiavel - Low Rider S - F3800 - RC390 - M659 - CBR250R - VRod
    Liked
    1391 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh? whos an idiot?

RR

Motorbike
    2012 z 750
    Liked
    594 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    The thing is, from what I have noticed is that the people who dislike me are generally the fucking idiots
    But I like you
    for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
    for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
    for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Motorbike
    Ducati 916 Bip
    Liked
    48 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .. I too miss the early days where if you didn't think before you posted you would be harangued, sometimes mercilessly. I thought this was a good thing, it tended to improve the standard of posting, even if it was through fear of ridicule.

I don't think I'm alone in lamenting the lack of CitizenD patrolling the forums, meeting out his own special kinda concise & erudite 'wisdom'; reading his posts was often a highlight of my visits to PSB. Now some may say I'm being elitist (after all I am very well educated & read), & also supporting a culture of bullying those less fortunate in the education & knowledge front, to be fair I suppose there may be something in that ... nah, not really, it comes down to the perspective of 'don't bring a knife to a gun fight'.

I'm smart enough (mostly) to know when I'm out matched, in any way, shape, or form. I'm not particularly physically brave so in a direct confrontation know my limits & don't 'go there', unless my stupid gene raises it head at the wrong moment. I am however far better equipped for intellectual & verbal jousting, either in person or in writing .. this doesn't mean that I haven't had my arse handed to me on a plate by someone far more skilled, it just means that when this happens I have context to understand my place in the order of things (think Animal Farm for the older well read; for those younger less read think Star Trek & the Jem'Hadar). This allow me to take a lesson from the situation instead of getting offended, in fact I often admire (in a bizarre twist) those that can out joust me; I respect anyone that has the wit, wisdom, & knowledge to do it.

I suppose getting butt hurt over posts on a forum may be more common in the younger members, who, lets face it, have comparatively little life experience to give them context, & even less wisdom to know when Keep schtum.

So all in all I'm in favour of less moderation overall, a more considered assessment of perceived infractions including a please explain/justify PM to a culprit prior to any action being taken .. you know, just like we wish the cops would be like on the road.

PSB is always a poorer place when members like Desmo are being kept quiet as they provide colour & vitality to the forum as a whole.

An analogy for you, would you rather all bikes were homogeneous & didn't handle worth a damn & had no power, basically boring as batshit (ie make them all the same), or you had a choice of different types that had different characteristics that took some time to work out but rewarded the effort (ie accept everyone is different & that it takes effort to understand this difference).

Nuff said.
    .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'
    Likes filbert, Shady7/8, non_quotidiun liked this post