User Tag List

Page 113 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2899

Thread: 21 Tips on Keeping Your Shit Together During Depression

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    She knows she failed ,no need to use that as leverage to get me to warm to you.

I was simply on said beverage at the time..and as I said rose to the bait....assuming ,of course that was a bait?

Now I see there isn't a malicious bone in your 44 Y.O. body..:-)

Now now BOFH....I hope to be never fully understood. Indeed, I cry a lot more than needed when I get drunk....too..Although I'd never admit that...Oh Wai.....
    no it wasn't bait, why do you assume it was?

I explained before - alcohol increases my anxiety and depression

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    no it wasn't bait, why do you assume it was?

I explained before - alcohol increases my anxiety and depression
    Alcohol increases my ambient paranoia..My anger increases with every drop...(depressant.. WTF.?)

Don't explain.....I am ..a .......?

So many anxious people on here... about what!!!?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I'm a naturally anxious person, I've been a decent drinker for 20+ years

I don't know just how much alcohol is affecting me, so I have stopped to see.

2 weeks in and things are crisp, people are starting to notice the difference - I'm sleeping better

I'm not here to preach..each to their own

Motorbike
    Harley Davidson FXSB, Ducati 916S, Piaggio MP3 250
    Liked
    5055 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    yeah I'm a naturally anxious person, I've been a decent drinker for 20+ years

I don't know just how much alcohol is affecting me, so I have stopped to see.

2 weeks in and things are crisp, people are starting to notice the difference - I'm sleeping better

I'm not here to preach..each to their own
    i've said it on the forum before and some seem to take it as a joke but try out a magnesium supplement for anxiety

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...nal-chill-pill

i've recommended it to friends whose kids were having panic attacks and didn't want to medicate them and it seems to have helped, my wife had anxiety with PND after my youngest was born and she felt more relaxed within half an hour of a regular dose and doesn't seem to have had any problems since.

could be quackery or pseudo science but there seems to be plenty to back it up and it worked for me so i see no harm in trying it in the first instance rather than moving to last resorts.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.
    Likes dwillia, Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i've said it on the forum before and some seem to take it as a joke but try out a magnesium supplement for anxiety

i've recommended it to friends whose kids were having panic attacks and didn't want to medicate them and it seems to have helped, my wife had anxiety with PND after my youngest was born and she felt more relaxed within half an hour of a regular dose and doesn't seem to have had any problems since.

could be quackery or pseudo science but there seems to be plenty to back it up and it worked for me so i see no harm in trying it in the first instance rather than moving to last resorts.
    funny you should say that, I started taking magnesium a week ago.
    Likes filbert liked this post

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Prefectionist; 31-03-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Motorbike
    Suzuki GS500
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post

I've been told bicarb does the same thing ???
    Barbie is a corporate slut

Motorbike
    Ninja
    Liked
    466 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible day today 😟

My nanna is 92 years old.
    She has Alzheimer's and it's at the point that it would be more humane if she just went in her sleep.
    She fell a week and a half ago and they thought at the time that she had broken her hip but she hadn't, just bruised and very painful. She has no idea what happened to make her hurt so much.
    Then she attempted to stand a few days ago and the hip gave out and she fell again. Managed an 8cm laceration to her arm on the way down 😟
    She is afraid of hospital and just hasn't got a clue what is going on around her.
    She has been refusing to eat, no matter what we say or do and was in the undignified situation today of having been given a laxative and then having no control.
    She would just be mortified if she was aware and I am hating the whole situation.
    I couldn't even get her to drink some juice today before I had to come back to Perth.

The staff are so wonderful and kind to her but she is seriously such hard work.
    It is just so, so sad to see 😟
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothchick View Post
    Terrible day today 😟

My nanna is 92 years old.
    She has Alzheimer's and it's at the point that it would be more humane if she just went in her sleep.
    She fell a week and a half ago and they thought at the time that she had broken her hip but she hadn't, just bruised and very painful. She has no idea what happened to make her hurt so much.
    Then she attempted to stand a few days ago and the hip gave out and she fell again. Managed an 8cm laceration to her arm on the way down 😟
    She is afraid of hospital and just hasn't got a clue what is going on around her.
    She has been refusing to eat, no matter what we say or do and was in the undignified situation today of having been given a laxative and then having no control.
    She would just be mortified if she was aware and I am hating the whole situation.
    I couldn't even get her to drink some juice today before I had to come back to Perth.

The staff are so wonderful and kind to her but she is seriously such hard work.
    It is just so, so sad to see 😟
    I had a very wealthy uncle...who was a builder.....he would carry nails in his mouth...'cause it was easier.... than a pouch/tool bag. (used a hammer in those days..)

Seems nails have a poisonous coating...zinc....lead....??

He developed a very telling disease... he lost all his recognition abilities..his motor functions...his memory....and worst of all any control over bodily functions.

In a very short time.....He lived in Epping across the road from the station... where he used to wander..

he was bashed....robbed... left for dead... and put on a train to Gosford....when he got there someone recognised him.....and paid his return fair to Epping.

He had double life....he had a good life at home ...and a great life on the train....I was just a kid.

we both loved trains....the smell of woodgrain and leather......in his cars'

Sometimes.. he would tell me stories ...it all made perfect sense. Sand on the rails released for grip up the mountain track....

He had been to Europe...all kinds of places.. Greece .. Egypt... Russia..

He just didn't have anyone to tell.

he passed alone misunderstood damaged lost outcast.
    Likes scottricho liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are cast from human clay
    How it is formed is still a miracle
    It is shaped by nurture and experience
    Held fast with love
    Fettled by time
    Saddened by loss
    Punctured by grief
    Returned to sand.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear Gothchick, and sorry to hear about your uncle GsxInShed. My Nana was 93 when she passed - she was still very much there mentally but her body went downhill. She had several falls and didn't want to go into a nursing home. She had a fall and was in effectively a nursing home (I was living down south at the time so a little unsure of exact details) with round the clock care and she was due to go home for one last chance at living at home. On the day she was to be released, she had another fall and was back in hospital. I was up that weekend and went to see her in hospital and she wasn't communicative and wanted us to all go away and leave her alone. I then left to travel back home. Within half an hour of getting home I got the phone call to say that she had passed. There was no real reason for her to pass on, except that I still believe to this day, she willed herself to die as she knew she wasn't going home ever again. I hope your nanna does go peacefully, and as humanely as possible.
    "This is great. Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know".

- Milhouse Van Houten
    Likes Gothchick liked this post

Motorbike
    Ninja
    Liked
    466 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Kristy.

I'm just afraid that it is going to be the case of one in and one out and I feel very strongly that when I have the baby, she will go.
    We used to be able to use that as a carrot, eat because Kym will be bringing the baby soon and you need to be strong enough for that but yesterday, I just couldn't get through.
    I'm so close to giving birth that I can feel it and I'm getting nervous about being so far away from the hospital, yet I have to go to her. All the travel is exhausting and I'm useless when I get back at night. Just need to sleep.

Feels like something has to break soon but I just have no idea what or when 😟

Liked
    269 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you don't mind me speaking so candidly, I have been around death a fair bit so have a perspective on it. It sounds like your Nanna is ready to go, however often with older people manners are everything (yes even in death) so they would never leave the party while there are guests still there so to speak. Let her know there is nothing left to do but let go, that she has done a fine job in her life, but now is the time to relax. Thank her. Let her know she has raised stellar people, it's time for rest. Kiss her goodnight, and leave. Don't feel bad about not being there for her, she might be hanging on simply because people are there to visit and it's rude to leave your own party. Next time you do visit; repeat same. It's ok to let go Nanna, we love you, you have had a great life, it's time to rest, we will be ok, it's time for your next big adventure.

Watching someone die, and giving them permission to do so, in my humble opinion is one of the most loving things we can do....also the hardest....my thoughts are with you and anyone else that faces this, but we all must at some point.
    Last edited by euphoric; 31-03-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900
    Likes Diesal, saltbush, Mr Bean, Graelin, Kristy and 2 others liked this post

Motorbike
    R6
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God damn it Damien! You just about made me cry in public 😳
    Very wise words and thank you, although it wasn't intended for me you made me feel a little better about the way I handled a situation I experienced and often wonder about.

I hope things go okay for you gothchick.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric View Post
    I hope you don't mind me speaking so candidly, I have been around death a fair bit so have a perspective on it. It sounds like your Nanna is ready to go, however often with older people manners is everything (yes even in death) so they would never leave the party while there are guests still there so to speak. Let her know there is nothing left to do but let go, that she has done a fine job in her life, but now is the time to relax. Thank her. Let her know she has raised stellar people, it's time for rest. Kiss her goodnight, and leave. Don't feel bad about not being there for her, she might be hanging on simply because people are there to visit and it's rude to leave your own party. Next time you do visit; repeat same. It's ok to let go Nanna, we love you, you have had a great life, it's time to rest, we will be ok, it's time for your next big adventure.

Watching someone die, and giving them permission to do so, in my humble opinion is one of the most loving things we can do....also the hardest....my thoughts are with you and anyone else that faces this, but we all must at some point.

Motorbike
    Honda, Yami
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    euphoric Very well spoken loved every word you said .

This forum gives us some very classy decent people

Gothchick hang in there you are doing a excellent job...... it shows from miles away
    Last edited by saltbush; 01-04-2016 at 07:02 PM.
    Likes GsxInShed, Graelin, Gothchick liked this post

Motorbike
    Ninja
    Liked
    466 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Damien 😘

It has been a very long time since I have had to admit to my violent, frustrated tendencies on here but I've just managed to let myself down.
    I've made a huge mess. Things are broken and there is glass and bits everywhere. Haven't hurt myself but couldn't stop the need to inflict hurt and totally destroy something 😟
    I'm resisting the urge to disappear without a word. My husband has never seen this side of me and I never want him to 😟
    I just really cannot take one more thing right now. I'm not over sensitive because of the pregnancy, I just have things going wrong all over the place and I can't control any of them. Some are other people's stupidity, some are the unfairness of life, some are hurdles, which should be small but because there are so many things wrong, seem huge.

I need to clean up all this mess before anyone sees it.

Motorbike
    RGV VJ23 & VJ21
    Liked
    80 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21 Tips on Keeping Your Shit Together During Depression

Gothchick

Don't underestimate what your pregnancy can do, to how you feel under-pressure.
    Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothchick View Post

I need to clean up all this mess before anyone sees it.
    Is anyone close by to give you a hand with the cleanup..?

You gotta admit..that you enjoyed it..eh?

Aerosmith reckons it's "Sweet Emotion.." :-)

Did ya vid the carnage..? kid would love to see that at her Eighteenth....;-)

Liked
    269 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i keep a bunch of cracked and chipped crockery for this very reason....something to smash that has no value. still have to clean it up though, that's part of the lesson, but sometimes the release of smashing some shit up is just the pressure valve needed. I've heard depression described as what happens when anger runs out of energy, but sometimes it's great to be reminded of the anger and rage just lurking under the surface.
    euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900

Motorbike
    Ninja
    Liked
    466 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was just a boil over.
    I'm anxious about my sons surgery on Monday. Just another thing, on top of the rest 😟

Lazzie helped me clean up, Greg.
    And Gordan knew something was off the second he walked in.
    We have made a plan to deal with this stuff. It's a particularly busy time at work for him at the moment but he said that my stuff is a priority and I'm going to actually accept the help....first time for everything 😬

Got some sleep last night and feeling a lot better about things today.
    Thank you to all for your comments. It does help, at times like that, to know that someone felt enough compassion for you, during distress, that they took the time to urge you to keep going 😍
    Likes Graelin, saltbush liked this post