User Tag List

Page 122 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3082

Thread: 21 Tips on Keeping Your Shit Together During Depression

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    home now some people left very happy others now waiting until tomorrow. Some lovely flowers on the table from our daughter.
    tomorrow is today and we are just home from hospital. A surgeon as been booked to se next week and looking at favourable outcome. Some on here have met Mrs Lin as she has taken the on the day registrations at many Black Dog Rides.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you need from us ...grae. ?

Have a little think about the outcome.

Ask the question....

The devil IS in the detail.... caution....

You know me... I wish yourself and Mrs Lin no harm.

Ask the question.

Where I come from we don't Pray....we expect an outcome. Painful plentiful permanent pervasive .
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greg just chat to friends from psb and others tonight. We know where we will be like you said. Linda told the girls we are on another adventure. We expect a good outcomes as found early.
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    Street Triple R
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday was a really tough day to begin with. Mounting legal costs and bills related to fighting to see my daughter, and starting to sink a little. With the amounts, I was really afraid I couldn't afford to get my daughter anything for Christmas or her birthday soon after. Agitated, angry, feeling a bit like a failure. Then I had one of the managers give me a bonus from last months work where I achieved the highest, a gift card for Coles-Myer, and it brought me to tears.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
    For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable
    Likes Gim, Graelin, jobbo, BikeONE liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STRIPR View Post
    Yesterday was a really tough day to begin with. Mounting legal costs and bills related to fighting to see my daughter, and starting to sink a little. With the amounts, I was really afraid I couldn't afford to get my daughter anything for Christmas or her birthday soon after. Agitated, angry, feeling a bit like a failure. Then I had one of the managers give me a bonus from last months work where I achieved the highest, a gift card for Coles-Myer, and it brought me to tears.
    That's awesome. I'm really starting to believe in karma and paying it forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grae, thanks you so much for the advice.
    (You by any chance don't ride a blue gold wing and were up in Port Hedland with the Black Dog ride in August ?)
    I've done some first aid and medical care training with SES but have always endeavoured to get mental first aid as working within the mining industry, it is something that would have been handy, a lot.
    I've been strong for a lot of people for a loooong time and it just all got too much. Work suffered and hence, redundant.
    Anyway, enough about me, sounds like you are going through some medical paces that sound serious. Let us know how it all turns out and get yourself better.
    Please keep us informed of your progress and when you'll be well enough to gaffer tape to a bike and get some fresh air and adrenaline running through those veins again.
    All the very best.
    Kind Regards,
    Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Gim;3329870]Grae, thanks you so much for the advice.
    (You by any chance don't ride a blue gold wing and were up in Port Hedland with the Black Dog ride in August ?)
    I've done some first aid and medical care training with SES but have always endeavoured to get mental first aid as working within the mining industry, it is something that would have been handy, a lot.
    I've been strong for a lot of people for a loooong time and it just all got too much. Work suffered and hence, redundant.
    Anyway, enough about me, sounds like you are going through some medical paces that sound serious. Let us know how it all turns out and get yourself better.
    Please keep us informed of your progress and when you'll be well enough to gaffer tape to a bike and get some fresh air and adrenaline running through those veins again.
    All the very best.
    Kind Regards,

Greg
    Hi Greg I was on the ride but on a BMW. Being strong for others takes a toll, I crashed after Mrs Lins brain tumour and being impacted by Toodyay bushfire. Was strong for years as I had to be then when I relaxed as things came right it hit me. After three years out of work things had just turned around then at 1.20 pm yesterday Mrs lin my wife got diagnosed and life has changed. We will win this one. Just a big hit for us.
    Emotions all over the place coming to terms with it all.
    Likes shortSteve, potato liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is wonderful thing to happen for you. Family law area is tough and often made so by vested interests who engineer fights. You have reminded me that the world will give you what you need when you need it. While you can sometimes get angry, agitated and feel like a failure, this is not what others see, as in this case your boss. At the times that you feel that way reach out for help. You don't need to be alone with a mind hell bent on telling lies to you. You would never be as hard on anyone else would you? So try and exercise that same kindness on yourself today.

Motorbike
    A Blek one.....
    Liked
    319 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your daughter will still love you, no matter what you buy her.

A good tip is to buy little things during the year, as you can afford them and they are on sale.

And hide them away. It's amazing how quickly they add up and what you accumulate.

That way you Don't have to splurge a lot at once.
    What You See

Isn't always what you get
    Likes QUACKA liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The journey begins, just reading Breast Cancer Taking Control.
    " The distress and practical support needs of caregivers are frequently overlooked and need to be acknowleged particularly because caretakers have to deal with their own Responce and distress as well as yours"

This puts into place the last five days, sadness, depression, hard to concentrate. Also feel bad as I am supposed to be the supporter but finding this all so bloody hard.

Wednesday we will meet the surgeon and maybe this will give some more direction although we allready know what has to happen.

Again I feel the medical system seems to ignore the psychological issues that go hand in hand with serious illness on those directly affected.

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I know some of you may be able to relate to this...

But I had a guy at work last week question both how long I've been woth my partner (7.5 years, thank you, I know), and how I could have possibly been/am so miserable despite this fact.

He didn't seem to understand the guilt that is felt when you're going through something like this and that there's not much that can help. I know she loves me. I know i love her. But there were so many times where it was hard to even acknowledge that where emotion seemed like such an alien concept. Even on meds there were times when it was a lot less "feel normal" and a lot more "feel nothing but it's easier to fake it."

I do check in on this thread, and read the posts (no matter how hard they are to read *looming at gsx in shed*₩
    ). And I wish I had positive things to say. I wish I could help, but as many of you would know, it isnt that simple, what if it makes things worse?

Graelin, i know I can't help much, but if there is anything I can do to help, I'll do my best. Fuck, if the stars line up just right, I'll even dust off the bike. Your positivity is something else mate, and I wish nothing but the best for you and your missus.
    Likes Graelin, shortSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My posts are intentionally difficult to phathom..

In the hope that you find them amusing..or 'hard to read' and somehow they form a distraction... to the more painful aspects of the time spent here on Earth.

You can't simply constantly focus on your own needs and whims.

Our lives are full of choices --of crossroads-- of 'adventures' it's just that some have better outcomes than others.

oh yeh and.....Thankx for 'Looming..." whateva the fuk that is.... :-)

To be fair--- I fell off my high horse ages ago....
    Likes jobbo liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    My posts are intentionally difficult to phathom..

In the hope that you find them amusing..or 'hard to read' and somehow they form a distraction... to the more painful aspects of the time spent here on Earth.

You can't simply constantly focus on your own needs and whims.

Our lives are full of choices --of crossroads-- of 'adventures' it's just that some have better outcomes than others.

oh yeh and.....Thankx for 'Looming..." whateva the fuk that is.... :-)

To be fair--- I fell off my high horse ages ago....
    Oh, dont worry, I try and decipher your posts. Most of them anyway. If I am reading at 6am you'll probably get glossed over though =(

Dont get me wrong. Your posts arent annoying or anything. I just cant string two sebtences together at that by time, let alone decipher someone elses babbling =P

In the words of some chick I talk to, "you're a good egg" GSX.

And while its true that i cant constabtly focus on my own needs, isn't it also true that mine are the only ones that truly matter? Or yours to you?

I've been spendi g a lot of time in the gym lately. Apparently it helps with depression. My experience? Sometimes. While I'm there, its a distraction. The other 22.5-23 hours of the day? Not so much.
    Likes Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok...So.

We're talking...that ,for me is a good thing.. ( iknow your naked pissed in a hammock in the Sunshine. Ok)

My needs matter little to me at all, I'm not lazy...I just don't have the focus to place myself above everyone and everything else.

we are created in a bloody mass of pain and confusion--- if we are lucky we survive the birth... if not--well.

in some cases we are taken from our loved ones way too soon.

In most we age as most things do- how we live is up to us....this is a country of freedom of space... and if you are lucky...of joy.

Unless you have a major chemical imbalance you may live to middle age with few, if any ailments.

You might have to give way at a stop light and choose not too....with fatal results... your choice.

You might wish for riches...yet fail financially--- you might be lucky in love or not.

One truth that over rides all others.."to ride fast through a corner you look ahead..feel the road beneath you--get your knee down....."

oh yeh ....cheers I hope I enjoy the beers' tonight as much as you enjoy your drinks... hey..;-)

Motorbike
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok...So.

We're talking...that ,for me is a good thing.. ( iknow your naked pissed in a hammock in the Sunshine. Ok)

My needs matter little to me at all, I'm not lazy...I just don't have the focus to place myself above everyone and everything else.

we are created in a bloody mass of pain and confusion--- if we are lucky we survive the birth... if not--well.

in some cases we are taken from our loved ones way too soon.

In most we age as most things do- how we live is up to us....this is a country of freedom of space... and if you are lucky...of joy.

Unless you have a major chemical imbalance you may live to middle age with few, if any ailments.

You might have to give way at a stop light and choose not too....with fatal results... your choice.

You might wish for riches...yet fail financially--- you might be lucky in love or not.

One truth that over rides all others.."to ride fast through a corner you look ahead..feel the road beneath you--get your knee down....."

oh yeh ....cheers I hope I enjoy the beers' tonight as much as you enjoy your drinks... hey..;-)
    Beer? Nah man, thought I'd be classy and have wine. On my second bottle, and had 2 Jager bombs (to help keep my youth).

No one said you were lazy. I don't know what you do, or ever who you are, but I'm sure you do more than me at least.

Chemical imbalance? Most likely. I love the irony of me posting here, yet having a psych degree. 27k to find out that I'm fucked up, hahahaha.

Riches? I'm not well off, but I'm not fucked. Between us, the missus and I are building a house. It's scary and exciting.

And sure, to rife fast through a corner you look ahead and feel the road beneath you, but the first time (and second time, and third time, etc), you take that corner with caution until you're comfortable stepping it up.

- - - Updated - - -

ok...So.

( iknow your naked pissed in a hammock in the Sunshine. Ok))
    Turn off Google maps dude...

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lins operation is on Wednesday 21st Dec.

second hole down from the back of her neck
    Motorbike
    honestly, it's just a bruise....
    Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

All will go well for her buddy
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick
    Likes =Maz=, azasmouch, Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    CB1KR '09
    Liked
    15 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sending love big G.
    Much love for you. http://templeofthewayoflight.org/

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only have a prayer that all will be well. G. all the best for all concerned...mate.

Motorbike
    Kawasaki ER6-NL
    Liked
    120 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck man
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR sparks a lot View Post
    remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
    Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
    Who died while defending his right of way;
    He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
    But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong