Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have I/ we / some of us forgotten to just do things because they are there?

I met a lovely PSB lady on Sunday. She is so full of enthusiasm wanting to learn long distance riding, so many questions. So much joy, so much looking forwards.

I took something away from this meeting, some spark that made me remember the time when I rode because I just wanted to, I explored on my bike because I just wanted too. The bike has been put away so much and I felt the need to justify its existence by "I am riding for a cause, riding for a reason. The reason" it was no longer me.

Sprint, you tried to get me out when I was down, I thank you for that but I just could not come I was too far down, but that you cared thanks.
    I had forgotten the joy and had lost it.

So I have done something, I hope I can go through with this. I have booked a room at Border Village for Saturday the 5th of August. 3,000 kilometres in probably cold and maybe wet conditions in four days with me and my bike.

I have changed my thoughts, well trying hard to. Putting some balance back, yes I will still do the Black Dog Rides but I need to ride for me as well.

I have also decided that I will head overseas and bought the tickets for later this year. A lady in NZ that I have been assisting through extremely tough times on the internet for five years just went to Spain sending lovely pics. A friend of ours has bought a holiday home in Spain and given us the keys! So I am going!

Thank you Miss PSB rider a coffee and listening to your enthusiasm took me back to the time I was like this and I want it back so bad.
    Likes Para045, Morgs, =Maz=, Gim, BikeONE liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21 Tips on Keeping Your Shit Together During Depression

Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    Have I/ we / some of us forgotten to just do things because they are there?

I met a lovely PSB lady on Sunday. She is so full of enthusiasm wanting to learn long distance riding, so many questions. So much joy, so much looking forwards.

I took something away from this meeting, some spark that made me remember the time when I rode because I just wanted to, I explored on my bike because I just wanted too. The bike has been put away so much and I felt the need to justify its existence by "I am riding for a cause, riding for a reason. The reason" it was no longer me.

Sprint, you tried to get me out when I was down, I thank you for that but I just could not come I was too far down, but that you cared thanks.
    I had forgotten the joy and had lost it.

So I have done something, I hope I can go through with this. I have booked a room at Border Village for Saturday the 5th of August. 3,000 kilometres in probably cold and maybe wet conditions in four days with me and my bike.

I have changed my thoughts, well trying hard to. Putting some balance back, yes I will still do the Black Dog Rides but I need to ride for me as well.

I have also decided that I will head overseas and bought the tickets for later this year. A lady in NZ that I have been assisting through extremely tough times on the internet for five years just went to Spain sending lovely pics. A friend of ours has bought a holiday home in Spain and given us the keys! So I am going!

Thank you Miss PSB rider a coffee and listening to your enthusiasm took me back to the time I was like this and I want it back so bad.
    Very inspirational words mate. .....Thankyou
    And if I didn't have something on on Aug 4, I would be right beside you for the ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes Graelin liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it nine or ten years ago I first did this ride with a PSB rider. He gave me tips along the way and we had a great ride. I was personally welcomed in to the Border by Davo (RIP) the original FarRider. The sticker he gave me is still on my pannier bag. We rode out to Madura Pass and set up a memorial to Davo and we always stop off here.

I met a dejected MotoGuzzi Rider at Baladonia on this first ride. I had known of Mike for five years on a car forum but never met him till this day. Dejected as two fines in one day riding out where there was no one to hurt but himself.

Since that meeting Mike and myself have been best friends. We did many long distance rides together, every stop a smiling and laughing session. He now does it riding in the dirt long distances and we also go four wheel driving trips at Easter with our wives who don't mind tents under the stars.

I have put this up before but it was written by an American Author and Emmy Award winner that we lead out of Perth on their across Australia ride. Some may not have seen it. James Moore certainly has a way of expressing the ride as if you were there.

http://moorethink.com/2010/01/24/on_...ose/index.html
    Likes Gim, Sprint liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey G..

I have a question....

If that's ok?

(nah that wasn't the question..)

I worry ....a lot.. we share a thing...a connection. I umm... I am having trouble phrasing the question....although I want to ask it here...open...forum..honest answer..ok?

"Are you prepared for the ride...?'

I guess that really is the question....I fear for you ...and I guess that is a sign that I care..( maybe I should have P.M...d ) Dunno... now that I have said that...

You ought.. to get a quick checkup...before you go.... ( hint..appendics/bowel..) sorry mate.. you know I hate to ruin anyone's fun....( Just get that check up)

I'll have egg on my face again if I'm wrong.... soz...
    " you want a future..? reconcile your past....leave nothing to chance.."

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes ok I have had all bloods done recently. Thanks GSX. I still have some concerns tho

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Denmark tonight. Day one of Mental Health First Aid completed and by tomorrow we, through Black Dog Ride Denmark will have trained 1per cent of Denmark population in MHFA.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is great news..well done Grae.....

It seems the nightmare I had... may have been a premonition (yet again.)

Air Canada tried to land an incoming heavy jet on the taxi way..with 3 planes on the ground , Pilot gets the wrong runway..oops.

Small red plane.. crash n burn..in USA same day...( saw it on NBC..at work..)

News report has.. witness.claiming.." So hot So close...so loud...." maybe I just live in a dream....maybe
    " you want a future..? reconcile your past....leave nothing to chance.."
    Likes Graelin liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great time working in Denmark. A lovely group to work with, a total of 55 people are now trained as
    Mental Health First Aiders down here. Very tired tonight and head home tomorrow
    Likes azasmouch liked this post