Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WA Prison Officers Union Mental Health Seminar

The WA Prison Officers Union hosted a fantastic conference for Prison Officers Mental Health today. The first time this has been run in Australia and New Zealand.

“Today’s event aims to raise awareness of the mental health challenges faced by Prison Officers, and to give them the tools to help themselves and their colleagues.” - WAPOU State Secretary John Welch

With delegates from throughout WA the Eastern States and NZ I enjoyed being a part of this with the Black Dog Ride CEO speaking on our Community Programs and setting up a Stall to engage with the officers.

Part of the BDR Stand.
    Likes Gim, Para045, =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    The WA Prison Officers Union hosted a fantastic conference for Prison Officers Mental Health today. The first time this has been run in Australia and New Zealand.

“Today’s event aims to raise awareness of the mental health challenges faced by Prison Officers, and to give them the tools to help themselves and their colleagues.” - WAPOU State Secretary John Welch

With delegates from throughout WA the Eastern States and NZ I enjoyed being a part of this with the Black Dog Ride CEO speaking on our Community Programs and setting up a Stall to engage with the officers.

Part of the BDR Stand.
    He's a good bloke ole Welchy
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Graelin liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    He's a good bloke ole Welchy
    We are planning further ventures with the Union to benefit prison officers mental health. During the last couple of Months I have met with and corresponding with the union and found them to be very dedicated and professional. I have learnt a lot today and also about the issues facing officers.

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back from Walpole and 16 residents trained in Mental Health First Aid out of a town of approximately 450 that is a good result.
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to start.
    Mrs Lin, her birthday tomorrow she just flew over seas to be with her twin. She knows what is going on. One daughter in Europe on holiday the other in tears at home. Our dog is very ill and not looking good. Ultrasound and now waiting for results of further tests tomorrow.
    Amber has been our family for 13 years and my daughter grew up with her and so close.
    The decision if it has to be made is hard. We will not let her suffer.

Motorbike
    Ninja
    Liked
    466 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Gothchick; 14-09-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

Motorbike
    2006 Suzuki GSX1400, 2008 Suzuki SV650
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that Kim.
    Having been through an extensive injury, long hospitalization, recovery and marriage breakdown myself I sympathize with you.

Hope things brighten up for you in time.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter
    Likes Para045, Graelin liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear this Kym. You guys went through so much trauma. I spent three months in 1984 looking at the ceiling and then my marriage fell apart. It was crap. No other way to say this. You can get through this. You are stronger than you think. Just talk when you need to. Seek help as needed. You have friends.
    Likes Thomas Peel, =Maz=, Nudge liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear GC
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    2009 V-Star 250
    Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you're feeling really down, and you feel like you're a useless piece of shit...
    Then Miss 11 says "Can I have some more dumplings. "They are the best thing I have ever tasted", (I may be paraphrasing here).

Then you think back on the day...
    You've kept more than one child alive. They haven't starved or run into traffic and are vaguely clean.

I'm still a useless piece of shit but I can keep children alive and feed them

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.
    Likes Gim, =Maz= liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three young nurses lived in same house. Worked
    Same hospital. Got married had family. Only Linda is left now last night she lost her friend to Breast cancer. Linda is the only survivor of this out of them. All gone way to soon. We are overseas so made it hard on Linda not support her friend

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are just back from holiday and so enjoyed it. Great for mental health to go to Spain and slow down to a comfortable pace. The western world has a lot to answer for in creating pressures to conform especially in work places and consumerism.
    Likes Crim liked this post

Motorbike
    Crims
    Liked
    33 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes a certain amount of risk taking to go against the grain, a bit like riding a motorcycle, some people see it as being as too much a risk.
    The inclination to question what is being accepted as the norm is a bit of a gift and should be encouraged I think, not talking about someone who will argue for argument sake, these people are destroyers & should be avoided at all costs.

It's always good to step outside & see how other cultures live. It can literally change your outlook on life.
    Likes Graelin liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    It takes a certain amount of risk taking to go against the grain, a bit like riding a motorcycle, some people see it as being as too much a risk.
    The inclination to question what is being accepted as the norm is a bit of a gift and should be encouraged I think, not talking about someone who will argue for argument sake, these people are destroyers & should be avoided at all costs.

It's always good to step outside & see how other cultures live. It can literally change your outlook on life.

So this, cars giving two meter gap to our push bike is normal, drivers stopping with friendly wave at every pedestrian crossing, coffee shop staff who serve us instead of focussing on the computer. These struck me along with no rage no one angry, no obnoxious loud cars and bikes being used inappropriately.

The big one, it is normal to drink alcohol on the footpath with your meal? This achieved with out being a yobbo. Yes it has made me look to challenge the norms we accept. The few who ruin it for the majority because they can't handle a social drink. We are then regulated by a complete ban.

I love it here and just think we are going wrong way with pressures to meet stupid KPIs set by academics.

Yes keep away from those who argue for arguments sake. They have an issue they need to look at.
    Likes Crim liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our dog is in final days. I have been up since 2.30 am as things were complicated. Mrs Lin and myself had three weeks on holiday and home a week ago. My family all came to UK for family wedding with a vet nurse house sitting with Amber for the days one of us at least could not be home.

One daughter is in Scotland. The other Miss K on a holiday of a lifetime, UK, Spain, France and Italy. At 2.30 am she was in contact and has left the tour and flying home. Miss R also flying home as scheduled. We are all coming together as a family to be with Amber.