Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    While wishing I could, there’s nothing I can do to change the past (though I wish I’d had this lightbulb moment many moons ago); I can only learn from it and deal with the “now” - that’s about me growing as a person. As for the future I am adopting the que sera, sera approach – whatever will be, will be. No amount of overthinking and anxiety will change what the future may/may not hold and the negative shit will just result in endless loops as per previous. Instead, growing as a person can only have positive results and influences on my future and the path(s) it may take.
    beautifully put Kristy i also believe whatever will be will be, i certainly cant control it but i can definitely help shape it

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy78 View Post
    I will say that after posting today and reading the replies I have spoken to my partner about what’s going on and how I’m feeling and she is trying to support me the best that she can, she hasn’t needed to be the strong supportive one so it’s new to her.
    for what its worth Buffy78, not knowing your situation, i think thats the right thing to do, reaching out and including your partner. When having to help and support the person they love people rise to the occasion and just get shit done, do what has to be done or achieve great things, its not a sign of weakness

best of luck to you all in 2018!
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Likes llbuono, Graelin, =Maz=, Kristy liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    beautifully put Kristy i also believe whatever will be will be, i certainly cant control it but i can definitely help shape it
    Yup, been doing a lot of thinking and writing of late. Essentially, focus on living the best life you can and being the best person you can be. Investing in yourself can help influence the future but there's also things out of your control - with respect to this, trust that if something's meant to be it will always find its way. And if it doesn't turn out the way you wanted/expected you've still got you, and the life you've built to move forward with

(now, can Friday 5pm be within my control...? Actually, with no bosses around I dub today Schrodinger's Friday Workplace - did Kristy stay back 'til 5pm or not?)
    "This is great. Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know".

- Milhouse Van Houten
    Likes Graelin, Heretic liked this post

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was in my early 20's my partner and I lost a child to cot death. Exactly 6 months later my partner took her own life. That was more than 25 years ago and I only just told my Mum about it last week. I always thought being vulnerable meant being weak but I've since learned better. Anyone who knows me understands I'm a strong person who has moments of weakness. Im learning to be okay with that.

Im very fortunate to have a lot of people who care about and love me however Christmas is a strange time of the year for me.
    “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr Bean it is not a weakness as you have shown. Thanks for sharing I think others of us will pick up from this.

Motorbike
    r1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    When I was in my early 20's my partner and I lost a child to cot death. Exactly 6 months later my partner took her own life. That was more than 25 years ago and I only just told my Mum about it last week. I always thought being vulnerable meant being weak but I've since learned better. Anyone who knows me understands I'm a strong person who has moments of weakness. Im learning to be okay with that.

Im very fortunate to have a lot of people who care about and love me however Christmas is a strange time of the year for me.
    Sorry to hear about your past you have lived with a heavy burden ,and it sounds from reading your post you are still coming to terms with it ,telling people here i am sure you will find people like graelin and other's to help you through the christmas season.
    I am sure you are going to be okay in time.
    Mate stick to the facts not a fantasy.

Formerly .....superboldor 1100f, 2006.

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post

Some copies of 'the big issue' are great to read on this issue, ive dealt with more then what you should and had a major breakdown bottling things up isn't great for your health/mental health.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"
    Likes Graelin, llbuono liked this post

Motorbike
    r1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have been to a roadside cafe twice this week and i have spoken to a guy who rides who is clearly depressed and older guy he could be a vietnam vet, today i asked him where his bike was he said out the back he is known to graelin if i wanted to help get the guy out is it a good idea he would be 70 but still fit a local of the area.

Dislikes keys disliked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Toodyay Fire legacy goes on. Many are still affected from that. It is the reason that I ran the Avon Valley Black Dog Rides end in Toodyay.

My own house was in the fire affected zone. Mum missing for three hours trapped by the fire. It affected many of us.
    Likes llbuono liked this post

Liked
    14 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    I have been to a roadside cafe twice this week and i have spoken to a guy who rides who is clearly depressed
    Ah Damn, covers blown

Motorbike
    r1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    The Toodyay Fire legacy goes on. Many are still affected from that. It is the reason that I ran the Avon Valley Black Dog Rides end in Toodyay.

My own house was in the fire affected zone. Mum missing for three hours trapped by the fire. It affected many of us.
    What would his age be graelin.

Dislikes keys disliked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't talk about personal details of people on here a lot is to remain confidential. There are a lot of people who are affected from national disasters. This does not go away when the media loses focus.
    Likes Gim liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that stands out from PSB history. Hammerhead organised a support ride and PSB had 55 motorcyclists ride in to support the residents of Toodyay on the first weekend after the fire. This was the first group to arrive like this. Over $2,600 was handed over from these riders to the relief fund.

This was talked about by residents and so appreciated for a long time. A very practical form of support and help.
    Likes llbuono liked this post

Motorbike
    r1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    One thing that stands out from PSB history. Hammerhead organised a support ride and PSB had 55 motorcyclists ride in to support the residents of Toodyay on the first weekend after the fire. This was the first group to arrive like this. Over $2,600 was handed over from these riders to the relief fund.

This was talked about by residents and so appreciated for a long time. A very practical form of support and help.
    I had a friend from the sw who survived a fire in dwellingup or jarrahdale when he was growing up he is around early 60's now and still recalls how the whole town went i think it was in the 60's, we went for a ride in 1979 he was on the back of my bike as he didn't have one at the time and he pointed out sites of interest there that were affected by the fire.
    I spoke to him recently all these years later and it is still very hard for him to recall that day.

Likes CbrRider81 liked this post